Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

beergod

I guess he didn't need to be pegged down a notch or 2.
The best way to "take him down a peg" is to get good attackers around him. Today was a great example of why he tries to do everything himself.

Djemba-Djemba

We improved after he came on.

He can have very poor games but he never seems as lazy as martial or as pointless as Lingard.

Charles Miller

He worked hard but he was poor all the same.
Why you think he was poor? His first minute almost scored from a very tight angle. Second action was a low cross in the box he lets the ball pass and created a chance. Then that head that Zabbaleta probably commited a fault or it would be goal. Also i think he got a touch in that ball to Martial in the penalty. He created more in few minutes than the entire attack in 90.

mav_9me

He had a good game. He is not the finished article but he is clearly our best striker. In fact our only striker who makes proper runs.

Devil may care

He definitely added a spark for us when he came on and forced the only real save their keeper made.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Didn't catch full match today, catching up on highlights now and he looked much improved and a real threat. Hopefully he'll be on to a purple patch again soon. Good sign that he can come back after some quite abject recent performances and appear stronger and wiser after. Well played.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has the aggression for hunger. Martial & Lukaku were too soft. And also his movement is also another extra asset over those two players. Change the game & also effecting our tempo in a positive way when he came on.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why you think he was poor? His first minute almost scored from a very tight angle. Second action was a low cross in the box he lets the ball pass and created a chance. Then that head that Zabbaleta probably commited a fault or it would be goal. Also i think he got a touch in that ball to Martial in the penalty. He created more in few minutes than the entire attack in 90.
Don't bother. This guy has an agenda against Rashford.

Frank Grimes

Good today when he came on. The game was so open that it suited his game perfectly and to be fair Ole noticed that, eventually. Rashford is a great tryer, that is one thing I love about him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He had one good shot and a header which was a good attempt.. other than that - he didn't do anything. Martial's performance yesterday was poor by his standard but he still grabbed an assist, played generally better than Rashford has for weeks by making the ball stick (albeit he was then giving it away with some shite passes) and looked our most dangerous attacking player despite being wildly out of form and fitness - yet Rashford's cameo is seen as proof of him being greater.

Ideally we shouldn't be playing these two off against each other in terms of comparisons but the double standards around this place is funny to watch. Rashford v Barca was a far inferior performance but because he looks like he runs with more energy, that is seen as proof of a better performance.

Bottom line is both need to up their game if they want to be seen as starter level for a side looking to challenge for top trophies.

-Supreme-

He had one good shot and a header which was a good attempt.. other than that - he didn't do anything. Martial's performance yesterday was poor by his standard but he still grabbed an assist, played generally better than Rashford has for weeks by making the ball stick (albeit he was then giving it away with some shite passes) and looked our most dangerous attacking player despite being wildly out of form and fitness - yet Rashford's cameo is seen as proof of him being greater.

Ideally we shouldn't be playing these two off against each other in terms of comparisons but the double standards around this place is funny to watch. Rashford v Barca was a far inferior performance but because he looks like he runs with more energy, that is seen as proof of a better performance.

Bottom line is both need to up their game if they want to be seen as starter level for a side looking to challenge for top trophies.
Couldn’t agree more.

It’s near impossible to have proper discussions on rashford performances on here as you’d just get dismissed completely and excused of having an agenda etc etc.

steakpie

I wish Martial had his attitude. His attitude is absolutely brilliant, gives so much effort.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

He grabbed an assist because he was set on one vs one by Rashford's flick.

Watch the replay again.

Swiss_Red89

Rashford was criticized a lot the last few weeks in here. Sometimes it was justified but sometimes to harsh imo. Martial was not good yesterday apart from the penalty. You can bet there would have been plenty of posters in here who would have criticized Rashford heavily if he had the exact same performance. Btw, I also thought Rashford was a bit meh yesterday apart from the flick and the shoot. He gives the ball away a bit to easy sometimes, needs to work on this part.

But they both played a part in the decisive moment, so i'm happy. It would be a dream if they clicked at CamNou!

kerryman

The reported Barcelona interest is obviously nonsense. He's nowhere near good enough for them.
As if anyone would pay 100million for him, he not worth anything close to that!
I'd drive him there myself if anyone paid that kind of money for him.
He's way too inconsistent.
If we want to challenge for honours we need a world class striker who scores consistently, this is something we lack right now. Rashford, Martial and Lukaku all have their good days but are woefully inconsistent.

It worries me that most people name him as a striker. when they pick their ideal team for next season. He's currently not good enough to be a starter for us if we want to win titles.

Web of Bissaka

Ok I'm late -- Good cameo, our best attacker for the game vs WH... coming from a sub at that.
  • one good shot (from Smalling's good assist pass surprisingly),
  • one heading attempt (need to improve his heading's accuracy, good jump to reach it) and
  • one good flick-pass to Martial resulting in the penalty (yeah, it's his intention, I doubt that pass is a fluke, he knows where Martial is and he just flick it to the left wing).
We play so much better with Rash than without. His attacking movements helps a lot.

Yeah, that Rash to Barca BS news is just nonsense news to try unsettling him. Rashford is strong enough to not let it bother him. :lol: Why the heck is there even that news.. so the media must've recognized the threat United have, we could win the game.

Good game today please vs Barca. :devil: And maybe celebrate goal with the hush celebration. Hopefully things will work out for him this time. Last game vs them is just not his day.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Had a lot of criticism for him recently. but was our best attacking option tonight. Shame the wind got taken out of our sails so early. Also should point out that Barcelona were decidedly average in the first leg and our midfield decided to turn up that day, having a firing Rashford on that day could have done some damage in the tie. But, I can't complain as tonight was one of the only players who didn't look horribly out of his depth.

NJM78

Sadly for me slightly overrated, just technically a bit short to become a WC forward in my opinion but a good bench option.

Silas

Does anyone really feel confident when he gets these kind of big chances? Finishing still needs work.

LJJT

He’s good but at this time he is not good enough or more importantly experienced enough to fire us to any sort of glory. He’s good and will only get better but he’s still one for the future rather than present

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
I've gone from thinking Lukaku is the worst forward in English football to now wanting him to play instead of Rashford. Rashford is utterly woeful.

Sauldogba

If he had took the chance he had in the first few minutes the outcome tonight might have been different.
Thats the difference between have good players and world class players.
Hes also very greedy.
The manager needs to get a hold of him and tell him to stop taking his stupid freekicks.
Tired of him wasting good scoring oportunities because of his ego.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Why does he take freekicks? I think i've only ever seen him get one on target.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not a killer. We've gone from guys like Ruud, Rooney, Van Persie to him. Not saying he doesn't have the potential to be a good player but he'll never be that level of striker. Always question his decision making and his technique, not a smooth dribbler at all.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Needs to be dropped from starting 11 this weekend. That front three needs to be called out for their shit play & dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.