Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He was shit, so were Martial and Lingard. feck knows why our players are always fluctuating in form. They're all pissing me the feck off.

deafepl

Damn, you calling him out? I feel like Rashford has done more for United than Martial and Lingard, he created trouble for Barca with his positioning and movement, he did everything Lingard and Martial is supposed to do, he beaten their RB to get in position where he can make cutback, that was deadly pass, almost guaranteed a goal if Pogba and other player reacted quicker to ball and finish chance with one touch.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Apparently with more game time he'll develop that killer instinct. I have a nigerian prince that needs money for anyone that believes that. Bear in mind I think he's going to have a great career at United, and has shown far more than Martial or Lingard under Ole.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Hype has gone to his head. If it was up to me, i would replace Rashford with an experienced striker in a heartbeat. He has a serious lack of composure in front of goal.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was probably the better of the front three, but it's not really a compliment; that offense as a whole seems way out of its depth.

Stacks

He is no Michael Owen but hyped as if so, which is the problem. He does not have anywhere near Owens movement or finishing but people want him as our 9? We are treble winners. We are champions league. That's levels. We used to bring on guys like Dwight Yorke. We suppose to have Balon D'ors nominees in our team. He is not starting for Ars, Spurs, Liv or City so he shouldn't start for us. I'd keep him as a promising youngster or understudy to see if he develops but we cannot go into games with Marcus as our talisman. City have Kun, Spurs have Kane, Pool have Salah, Arsenal Aubemeyang. #levels. It's not even his fault because Lukaku turned out to be poo

el3mel

ِAnother crap games. He's consistently crap these days. I'll give it to him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He really needs to sharpen up. He'd be better off just wellying it instead of those crap touches

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's not a striker. Maybe someday in the future, but right now he's missing so much to even be considered a proper one.

pablo__p

He was shit, so were Martial and Lingard. feck knows why our players are always fluctuating in form. They're all pissing me the feck off.
Two reasons.

Lack of world class quality. What truly great players do is they are consistent. They deliver week in week out. You can bet your testicle Aguero or Lewandowski score at least every second game and come out alright in balls department.

Age.
It's not his (or their) fault that even though Rashford is 21 yo we think of him as our main source of goals at Camp Nou in CL quarter final. A club of our stature should have a seasoned striker leading a line, not an erratic inconsistent kid.

Web of Bissaka

Our best player in attack today... which may sounds good but actually not since it's so bad.

Anyhow, probably one of the only two players who kept on going and continue to try and try today, so.. credit for trying.
Again not his day.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
100000% not clinical enough to be our starting number 9. He can be a winger for us, but not a striker.

Plus, that freekick that he took which went as high as the wall's ankles that started off a Barca counter attack was just classic :lol:

Trizy

Technically too poor to be a winger or striker for a team who aspires to be a title winner. Finishing even worse, nothing new there.

But he busts a gut and he's local, right?

Kapardin

Should be sent on loan, but his ego has been built up already for him to reject that. How Ole handles him next season will be important. Ideally, ditch Lukaku and get in an experienced CF. Some bench time would do Rashford good.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
100000% not clinical enough to be our starting number 9. He can be a winger for us, but not a striker.

Plus, that freekick that he took which went as high as the wall's ankles that started off a Barca counter attack was just classic :lol:
Hell no can he be a winger for us. His dribbling & awareness is overrated. Remember when he kept running it out of play all the time? If he keeps wetting the bed in front of goal, then we should just replace him.

Mrdan1709

I dont get the comments about how he has an ego or how its all gone to his head. He is just not good enough it has nothing to do with his ego. He was never that good in the first place he just became very overrated on here. His technical ability is average and his passing is probaly below average. Hes a very limited player who is only a hard worker, fast and decent finisher. We could probaly get a big fee for him considering hes an England regular and other teams haven't caught on that he isn't that good. We should seriously cash in on him

Njord

Every striker needs chances, remember how many Zlatan, a world class finisher, wasted?

Trizy

I dont get the comments about how he has an ego or how its all gone to his head. He is just not good enough it has nothing to do with his ego. He was never that good in the first place he just became very overrated on here. His technical ability is average and his passing is probaly below average. Hes a very limited player who is only a hard worker, fast and decent finisher. We could probaly get a big fee for him considering hes an England regular and other teams haven't caught on that he isn't that good. We should seriously cash in on him
Spot on apart from the bold part. He's finishing is shite. Hitting a ball towards goal as hard as you can and some times it goes in is not decent finishing.

I'd sell him in the morning for a decent fee if I'm being honest.

Bojan11

Every striker needs chances, remember how many Zlatan, a world class finisher, wasted?
If you don’t think his finishing is weak then you are deluded.

When he has time to think you just know he won’t score. He has no real knowledge of where to position himself in the box. He can’t head the ball and his hold up play is limited.

ForestRGoinUp

Considering we've handed his low effort strike partner 250K, this one's in line for something closer to 300K. Is that still sinking in for some?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Zlatan basically played two positions, both as a striker and no.10. Also, calling him a world class finisher is a stretch, he had a rocket of a right foot to score him lots of goals, his finishing was good and that's about it.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Hell no can he be a winger for us. His dribbling & awareness is overrated. Remember when he kept running it out of play all the time? If he keeps wetting the bed in front of goal, then we should just replace him.
Oh god I forgot about that time.

ForestRGoinUp

Hell no can he be a winger for us. His dribbling & awareness is overrated. Remember when he kept running it out of play all the time? If he keeps wetting the bed in front of goal, then we should just pay him all the money.
Fixed it.

Devil may care

Had a good chance in the first 30 seconds and at this level you have to say that he needs to take that, his hold up play is non existent along with his two cohorts up top so the ball never sticks when we play it forward, that was an issue tonight as none of them could keep it long enough for Pogba or McTominay to join the attack.

The thing with Rashford is that he's a good young talent but he's just turned 21 and is being asked to carry our attack, which is ludicrous. Look at even Mbappe, arguably the best young forward in the world, he doesn't shoulder the responsibility as he plays alongside two proven, experienced top class forwards in Neymar and Cavani, so they can take up plenty of the slack, Marcus has none of that, he should be the supporting act to two main event forwards at this age, not the main man.

Bojan11

Had a good chance in the first 30 seconds and at this level you have to say that he needs to take that, his hold up play is non existent along with his two cohorts up top so the ball never sticks when we play it forward, that was an issue tonight as none of them could keep it long enough for Pogba or McTominay to join the attack.

The thing with Rashford is that he's a good young talent but he's just turned 21 and is being asked to carry our attack, which is ludicrous. Look at even Mbappe, arguably the best young forward in the world, he doesn't shoulder the responsibility as he plays alongside two proven, experienced top class forwards in Neymar and Cavani, so they can take up plenty of the slack, Marcus has none of that, he should be the supporting act to two main event forwards at this age, not the main man.
The issue is whenever we linked with a decent striker especially in the last few years some people scream oh noes what does that mean for Rashford. It’s like they support Rashford more than the club.

Devil may care

The issue is whenever we linked with a decent striker especially in the last few years some people scream oh noes what does that mean for Rashford. It’s like they support Rashford more than the club.
Yep, the academy obssession is infuriating, now it's we shouldn't by another forward because he might get in Greenwood's way, and lets not buy a holding midfielder because Garner needs to be given the chance. This is not how top clubs are run, if they are good enough they will force their way in, that is how it works, Look at Mctominay now getting into the team. People forget we had Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez when Fergie went and spent near £30M on an aging RvP because he knew you don't pass up that type of class just because he might get in Hernandez and Welbeck's way, it's up to them to raise their game, same should go for Rashford and Martial.

dbs235

Probably because their form is exaggerated on here, both ways. Pogba scores a penalty against San Marino under-19's and the "Pogba is the best midfielder in the world thread" gets bumped. Martial scores a tap in against a team like Cardiff and everyone starts saying future Balon d'Or winner, wouldn't sell for any price. Expectations get too high and then everyone is left wondering how our players could possibly lose to Barca.

In Rainbows

Yep, the academy obssession is infuriating, now it's we shouldn't by another forward because he might get in Greenwood's way, and lets not buy a holding midfielder because Garner needs to be given the chance. This is not how top clubs are run, if they are good enough they will force their way in, that is how it works, Look at Mctominay now getting into the team. People forget we had Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez when Fergie went and spent near £30M on an aging RvP because he knew you don't pass up that type of class just because he might get in Hernandez and Welbeck's way, it's up to them to raise their game, same should go for Rashford and Martial.
The reason why people aren't suggesting a striker is due to our RW situation. I'll take Jovic as a striker, but I would take Sancho before Jovic if that makes sense.

KennyBurner

Very welbeck-y tonight, finishing is definitely not his strong point
he really is a waste of athleticism. Zero football IQ which is why we make the welbeck comparisons. English players nowadays have better football iQ so I don't know why it skipped rashford. We need better coaches to train him and a few others here.

Devil may care

The reason why people aren't suggesting a striker is due to our RW situation. I'll take Jovic as a striker, but I would take Sancho before Jovic if that makes sense.
Neither of them really make sense to me mate, more unproven players, Jovic is about the same age as Rashford and has had one good season, Sancho just turned 19 and has had one good season. I've been saying this for a while now, the last thing this attack needs is more kids, it needs some proven, in their prime quality to lead the way and I think you'll see Rashford and Martial benefit more from having some experience with them in attack.

sam147

Tiredness is the latest excuse being made for him. He had an easy chance at the beginning of the game. Instead of using his left foot to bury it he decides to casually toe poke it. People really think he is good enough to be a starting striker for the team next season. Sadly, there are positions like CB, RB, DM, CM and RW to be improved before we get to improving strikers. Hopefully Lukaku starts upfront for the remainder of the season because Rashford is far behind in link up play, finishing, decision making and movement. Had enough of the excuses for academy players. The same was done for Welbeck. Actually Lingard has made a career out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.