Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I feel like he needs to calm down a bit in his mind while playing. Slow it down, think more, improve his footballing IQ.

Number32

Why? I know this post is partly tongue in cheek (I hope) but Ronaldo only had 1 season where he scored more than 26 goals in all competitions at United in the 6 seasons he was with us.

Rashford is still just a lad, Ronaldo at his age was also struggling at times. In 05/06 Season he scored 12 times and he was aged 20-21.

Rashfords next objective should be trying to hit 20 goals in all competitions. That would match Ronaldo's progress and would be a good milestone for Rashford. Nobody should expect him to reach Ronaldos levels anyway, he's a freak of a talent.
I'm just hoping him to reach Andy Cole's level and Martial to reach Yorke's.
That's enough to compete for the title

Swiss_Red89

I'm just hoping him to reach Andy Cole's level and Martial to reach Yorke's.
That's enough to compete for the title
As long as James can also reach Giggs level, McTominay Keane Level and someone become Scholsey and another one Becks its possible to compete next year;)

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
As long as James can reach Beckham level, McTominay Keane Level and someone become Scholsey and another one Giggsy its possible to compete next year;)
And if Smalling becomes Stam then we'll win the treble tbf.

AdNani

The way our 'fans' treat him on Twitter is a fecking disgrace, on here isnt much better, he's a 21 year old, Hes going to be inconsistent, but we've got a hell of a player on our hands

Handré1990

Conveniently forgetting the two (seemingly) best talents in M’bappé and the Havertz kid from Leverkusen, just because they don’t play in La Liga or PL. Serie A however, for some unknown reason, is included... Meaningless comparison.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Conveniently forgetting the two (seemingly) best talents in M’bappé and the Havertz kid from Leverkusen, just because they don’t play in La Liga or PL. Serie A however, for some unknown reason, is included... Meaningless comparison.
Why is it unknown? Serie A along with the other 2 leagues are the best 3 (arguably German too). Either way more proof the shocking treatment he gets is exactly that.

Handré1990

Why is it unknown? Serie A along with the other 2 leagues are the best 3 (arguably German too). Either way more proof the shocking treatment he gets is exactly that.
I don’t know what you mean by treatment, but I understand the caf is very confrontational these days. I just made fun of the stat, because it is ridiculous to make the comparison and talk about that age group while missing the much stronger achievements, since they’re outside of the traditional big 3 leagues..

Also, Serie A was great once, but surely must be ranked behind Bundeseliga now?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Says a lot about the market for young strikers to be honest. Young strikers aren't scoring in the Premier League or La Liga, has been a fairly dry goal scoring season in the Prem individually speaking. I love Rashford but this Statman guy is really posting manipulative tweets.

Why omit the Bundesliga? Where guys like Havertz, Jovic, Sancho, Lukebakio and Mateta are all doing great with 10+ goals.

haram

Says a lot about the market for young strikers to be honest. Young strikers aren't scoring in the Premier League or La Liga, has been a fairly dry goal scoring season in the Prem individually speaking. I love Rashford but this Statman guy is really posting manipulative tweets.

Why omit the Bundesliga? Where guys like Havertz, Jovic, Sancho, Lukebakio and Mateta are all doing great with 10+ goals.
I am not convinced the Bundesliga is at the higher level it was at before...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
tbf It is a number being mentioned. But the fact we have not sorted out his contract is a concern.
I believe he will develop to be a very good player for us.
I am sure the size of the Sanchez contract had delayed Marcus from signing any contract earlier and will now do a De Gea to apply maximum pressure on Ed.

Lessons learnt.

That's why you see well-managed clubs like City and Liverpool not wanting to break their wage structure. We used to be like that until we got into this continuous panic/desperate/marketing orgasm cycle.

I just don't see how we get out of it without short term pain -- unless by some miracle we do lose a few key but expensive players and yet land up winning some major silverware.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I am sure the size of the Sanchez contract had delayed Marcus from signing any contract earlier and will now do a De Gea to apply maximum pressure on Ed.

Lessons learnt.

That's why you see well-managed clubs like City and Liverpool not wanting to break their wage structure. We used to be like that until we got into this continuous panic/desperate/marketing orgasm cycle.

I just don't see how we get out of it without short term pain -- unless by some miracle we do lose a few key but expensive players and yet land up winning some major silverware.
The thing is we seems to care more on transfer fee than wages. (Not wanting to pay crazy fees on centre back like Maguire who is likely won’t ask anything higher than 150k p/w) (didn’t want to pay the 55m on Perisic 2 years ago who is likely also won’t ask more than 150k). Not sure which one is better spend big on fees or spend big on wages.

The likes of city & Liverpool don’t seem care about spending huge on fees both transfer & agent fees even on full backs, CB & GK.

Foxbatt

He is not worth that amount and if he is insisting then sell him. He has done nothing to get him such a huge salary.

ash_86

If Rashford is still on his 2016 contract he's earning 20k a week currently. I think new contract would be somewhere between 150-175k

manunited1919

If Rashford is still on his 2016 contract he's earning 20k a week currently. I think new contract would be somewhere between 150-175k
Just pay him for performance. Hit 40 goals and assists, and he can earn £350k. Less than 20 goals and assists he makes £150k. Simple, since he thinks he is the best thing to happen in MUFC since CR7.

Hughes35

According to the Sun...err yes. he wants 350,000 pounds per week. *gulp*
This is great news. If it's in the sun then is basically means it's not true. I don't think they have ever printed anything that way true.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
So many on the caf wants the club to sell Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford and others. Who are we supposed to play with for next season ?
Who cares. Rather see them pluck some fans from the stands.

R'hllor

Someone with a bit of brain would look how Arsenal getting fecked each season with their contract dealings and try not to make same mistakes but it seems we have similar type of owners and those in charge for these kind of things, leaving it to late just so they could squeez every single minute of their lower wages contracts.

Beaucoup

20k a week sounds about right for a 10 goal a season striker.

sp_107

20k a week sounds about right for a 10 goal a season striker.
If you buy a new striker for 40M on 150K salary it would cost us 72M for 4 years.
If you extend Rashford for 350K a week it would cost us 72M for 4 years.

So financially it doesnt matter that much but it makes everyone else to feel the difference and cause more worries. I think its time to put down some kind of cap on salaries.

diarm

I like Rashford and I hope we keep him. But surely someone involved in those negotiations is asking what he has achieved and proven to deserve such a wage?

Offer him a base wage of €100k pw and then performance based incentives for the rest. If he scores 30 goals next season he can have his €300k pw.

If he doesn't take it, question whether or not his hunger and confidence in his own ability matches his financial aspirations.

-Supreme-

He has 2 years on his contract remaining and we might as well wait and see how he develops this coming season.

If he fails to live up to our expectations again and still insists on £250k+ a week contract then we should just move him on next summer.

Bwuk

He really needs to step up this season. Yes he’s young, but he’s experienced.

Alabaster Codify7

He's currently a slightly above average PL striker with the ego of ronaldo it seems. Get rid. If he won't accept something like 150k a week which I think is too generous but it is what it is.....go. Barcelona don't want him. I guarantee. What exactly would he offer them? Their entire frontline is ten times better. He's using them to try and blackmail us. "Local lad who loves the club" my fecking arse. Egomaniac prima Donna in the making more like.

Icemav

Nobody is going to pay him that. 120-150k/week is where we should be aiming and its a significant raise from his 45k. If he doesn't think its fair he can try to leave and see whether he gets a bigger offer elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.