Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

He needs to step up big time next season if he's going to be the main striker. His goal/assist return after January was fecking shocking. I have no idea why OGS pushed him so hard unless he knows Rashford is going to have a break-out season in 19/20 or worst case scenario he's just hoping he does.

sp_107

Nobody is going to pay him that. 120-150k/week is where we should be aiming and its a significant raise from his 45k. If he doesn't think its fair he can try to leave and see whether he gets a bigger offer elsewhere.
Spot on mate. I was thinking the same.

Is he on 45K at this moment or around 150K ? Reports are bit confusing, Not sure he will automatically get 150K if we take that year extension option OR he is already on 150K? what ever it be, he is max 100-150K a week player at his best.

We handled these extensions so badly in last few years ED should try your suggested approach. Ask players to go and find their value in the market and Phil Jones could have signed his extension for 60K a week rather 120K and same with Luke Shaw or Martial as they got 200K a week renewals. Depressing.

the chameleon

He's currently a slightly above average PL striker with the ego of ronaldo it seems. Get rid. If he won't accept something like 150k a week which I think is too generous but it is what it is.....go. Barcelona don't want him. I guarantee. What exactly would he offer them? Their entire frontline is ten times better. He's using them to try and blackmail us. "Local lad who loves the club" my fecking arse. Egomaniac prima Donna in the making more like.
Amen to that!

deafepl

We can't afford to have Rashford as starting striker when we create chances for him that require Rashford to shoot the ball with left-footed to score a potential goal. He is one of the most right footed strikers in PL who attempt more shots with his right-footed than left in the term of rate comparison between two feet. Besides, his header is poor. So That's 1/3 of a striker who will score a goal with right-footed but no left and headers.

AdNani

We can't afford to have Rashford as starting striker when we create chances for him that require Rashford to shoot the ball with left-footed to score a potential goal. He is one of the most right footed strikers in PL who attempt more shots with his right-footed than left in the term of rate comparison between two feet. Besides, his header is poor. So That's 1/3 of a striker who will score a goal with right-footed but no left and headers.
Difference does it make if he’s one footed? Messi is the most one footed player I’ve ever seen, doesn’t hinder him. As was robben?

Silas

Difference does it make if he’s one footed? Messi is the most one footed player I’ve ever seen, doesn’t hinder him. As was robben?
1. He's nowhere near either.
2. Neither are strikers.

Shejkus

Both of them mastered the left foot they don't need a right foot as much as Rashford needs a left foot and especially as a striker who should put our chances away.

Silas

1. Didn’t say he was
So they're irrelevant. @deafepl was specifically talking about strikers.
2. They’re very much attackers and both were relied upon to score goals for there teams
Yeah, but being one footed is far less of a problem if your main position isn't a central one. Like, the majority of Robben's chances are with his left because of where he attacks from, cutting in from the right. As a central striker, the distribution between right and left will obviously be more balanced, so avoiding using your left foot would be a much bigger issue.

deafepl

So they're irrelevant. @deafepl was specifically talking about strikers.

Yeah, but being one footed is far less of a problem if your main position isn't a central one. Like, the majority of Robben's chances are with his left because of where he attacks from, cutting in from the right. As a central striker, the distribution between right and left will obviously be more balanced, so avoiding using your left foot would be a much bigger issue.
Exactly, thanks for saving my time.

manunited1919

If we go with Rashford as our main striker we won’t make top 4 and Ole will be fired by Xmas.

Bestietom

Rashford is not a prolific scorer and never will be a CF. He will get you goals but has not got the instinct to be a top striker. I prefer he played off a striker.

doomy20

Just looking at his last FB posts makes me angry and I am happy that the new season is still 1.5 months away.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If the new contract is anywhere near the reported 250k a week, we've done another Sanchez. Why do we insist on paying sub-par players such huge wages which leads us into getting stuck with them forever?

Based Adnan

If the new contract is anywhere near the reported 250k a week, we've done another Sanchez. Why do we insist on paying sub-par players such huge wages which leads us into getting stuck with them forever?
According to the telegraph article it's 300k a week if bonuses are met

Has never scored more than 13 goals in a season yet apparently the media hype warrants a 300k a week contract. Ridiculous.

mu4c_20le

That is some pretty impressive hyperbole there, chief.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
According to the telegraph article it's 300k a week if bonuses are met

Has never scored more than 13 goals in a season yet apparently the media hype warrants a 300k a week contract. Ridiculous.
Yeah but no one is sure what those bonuses are. For example, Lukaku earns 4.5 million per year (86K per week) if he hits 50 goals + assists, safe to say that he will never see that 4.5 million ever. Likewise no one knows what these performance bonuses are.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah but no one is sure what those bonuses are. For example, Lukaku earns 4.5 million per year (86K per week) if he hits 50 goals + assists, safe to say that he will never see that 4.5 million ever. Likewise no one knows what these performance bonuses are.
And yet people will moan. At times I think I complain too much but honestly I realize I'm kinda a saint :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And yet people will moan. At times I think I complain too much but honestly I realize I'm kinda a saint :lol:
Yeah. 2-4 weeks back Pogba contract was leaked, which showed he earns 140k per week as base salary. Then including all his bonuses, image rights he earns around 290k. Media reports "Pogba earns 290k per week" and then they report just base wages for other club player, fans blindly go with that, without checking whether bonus/image rights are included.

Based Adnan

Fair point but honestly should Rashford at this point in his career be offered the chance to earn up to 300k a week? At best with all his bonuses he should be on around 180k not bloody 300.

Melville Red

Club is beyond repair in the short term when players like him are getting contracts like that.
Agree 100%, Rashford isn’t even a third as good Cole, Yorke, Hughes, R V N, and others who have played up front for United yet we offer stupid money to players who let’s face are not worth it.
It’s criminal what is happening to our once great club and Woodward is 100% to blame.
To say I’m bloody annoyed is an understatement, why can’t that prick Woodward see that giving money to these clowns doesn’t make them better players. Hasn’t he learned anything from the Sanchez contract? Obviously NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.