Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibs

Terrible tonight.

Hopefully he'll be back stronger next game

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Seemed to regress back to his poor form before his hot streak. The first chance he missed was inexcusable, the second from the Pogba long ball was much tougher to deal with but he could have had at least a pop. It was a poor game, everyone has one once in a while, I just hope it's not him regressing to his usual past level and this is just a bump on the way to a progression he's been showing the last couple of months.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been sensational lately, but man was he poor tonight.

No excuses for that miss. Should have buried it.

But he was off the pace all game long. Just a really bad game.

He'll bounce back.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So, so much potential in there. But his occasional brainfarts are so frustrating. Hopefully he irons them out in the years to come because there's a hell of a player in there. That sitter is probably the difference between 1 and 3 points today. Very unfair to pin the whole result on him, but it's probably true.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
When Rashford has bad days, he lets his early mistakes get into his head and becomes poorer by trying harder. He needs to improve his mentality in reaction to early misses.

He was no doubt the culprit for missing a couple of goals today, but every young player goes through that phase of inconsistency. We were correct in thinking that Rashford isn't ready to lead the line for United, we just went wrong in assuming that Lukaku would be the one instead. Rashford wasn't helped by being shunted out wide as a left winger today. I was hoping he was the left forward in a diamond, but when I saw Mata drift wide and Lukaku stay central, I knew Rashford would have a bad day. Hopefully he gets an arm around the shoulder from Ole and gets back to scoring next game.

But knowing him from his previous bad games, he has a bad run to follow before he picks up again.

ash_86

When Rashford has bad days, he lets his early mistakes get into his head and becomes poorer by trying harder. He needs to improve his mentality in reaction to early misses.

He was no doubt the culprit for missing a couple of goals today, but every young player goes through that phase of inconsistency. We were correct in thinking that Rashford isn't ready to lead the line for United, we just went wrong in assuming that Lukaku would be the one instead. Rashford wasn't helped by being shunted out wide as a left winger today. I was hoping he was the left forward in a diamond, but when I saw Mata drift wide and Lukaku stay central, I knew Rashford would have a bad day. Hopefully he gets an arm around the shoulder from Ole and gets back to scoring next game.

But knowing him from his previous bad games, he has a bad run to follow before he picks up again.
Think this is spot on. Mentally he must keep thinking about the miss and messes up the whole game. Needs better temperament.

Mick321

He can't bail us out every week whether he's 21 or 28, others needed to step up and didn't.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've noticed something with Rashford recently, when he misses a really good chance it lets get to his head and his play takes a hit. He needs to learn to get over the misses chances and move on quickly.

Walters_19_MuFc

His miss went on to be crucial. If we score the first, like our other games, I reckon we go on to win comfortably. However, it wasn't to be.

Rossa

He cost us the game tonight more than Pereira did. He should finish that chance 10/10 times, and worst of all, it wasn't even a shot - it looked more like the ball deflected off his foot. He later on had a perfect ball over the top that also put him one on one with the goalie, and then he fecked that up as well. People will point out that he got into the right position, but if he was a goalie, and that golie was standing in the perfect position and the ball runs between his leags, everyone would say he lost us the match. Sorry, but today, Rashford lost us the match.

That being said, everyone is allowed a poor match, and he just works better in a system playing with Lingard and Martial where there is more movement.

I'm very critical of his finishing ability but that wasn't on him today. Any half decent striker gets the ball out of their feet and gets a shot away there before it ever even gets to Rashford.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Seemed to regress back to his poor form before his hot streak. The first chance he missed was inexcusable, the second from the Pogba long ball was much tougher to deal with but he could have had at least a pop. It was a poor game, everyone has one once in a while, I just hope it's not him regressing to his usual past level and this is just a bump on the way to a progression he's been showing the last couple of months.
It was his first game in about two months where he wasn't one of our best player(s) on the pitch, every player in the world will eventually lose that momentum. And again, he wasn't the only one and the worst one, it's not an excuse though.

Kostov

You just knew that he was having an off night ass soon as he missed that layoff from Lukaku. It went into his head and nothing came off for him all night. He will learn from it hopefully.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It was his first game in about two months where he wasn't one of our best player(s) on the pitch, every player in the world will eventually lose that momentum. And again, he wasn't the only one and the worst one, it's not an excuse though.
I'm focusing more on his finishing, because that's always been a suspect part of his game for me as far as calling him a great striker-in-the-making, most of the team was poor so it's not like he stood out with his performance.

ravi2

You just knew that he was having an off night ass soon as he missed that layoff from Lukaku. It went into his head and nothing came off for him all night. He will learn from it hopefully.
I agree, that miss got him shook and he looked a bit shaky after that. I back him to come very good for us though.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I would have loved to see him dribble the keeper to finish it. He obviously tried to dink it over and messed up.

Kostov

Agreed, I think he is progressing well. Next season with a proper RW to take some of the burden off of him he'll be flying for us.
Nah, don't hold your breath on that one. Year 2025 and Young will be still starting at RB for us, combined by the deadly duo of Mata or Lingard at RW. You just know it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Why he didn't just finish that one with the inside of his foot is beyond me. I gave Martial props on his finish last week and this is proof how easy it is to fluff a simple shot at goal.

He is young but that is just him trying to be cheeky. He disappointed me with that miss. I hope I read too much into it, but it is signs of the mentality that killed Januzaj and many other talents for us. It is like complacency in an important moment. Like it was so easy he had to make it harder for himself, then obviously he realised that and beat himself up for the rest of the match continuing doing the same mistakes.

ravi2

Nah, don't hold your breath on that one. Year 2025 and Young will be still starting at RB for us, combined by the deadly duo of Mata or Lingard at RW. You just know it.
I think Ole knows what the team needs, I hope he gets the job and is backed fully by the board in the transfer market this summer.
If we get a top CB, RW and RB we would challenge for titles next season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not a great performance but he probably shouldn't have been on the wing.
21 years old, going to have bad games, move onto the next one.
He will benefit from Martial being back which hopefully happens soon.

Rozski

Should have put that early chance away and would have obviously changed the game in our favor but everyone misses chances occasionally. More so than that though how does Lukaku do so poorly with that opportunity! I mean he plays Rashford in end and that’s fine but as he received the ball it sure seems like he should have made a chance for himself there pretty easily.

It seems clear that we need to prioritize playing Rashford up top and move other players around him.

Kostov

I think Ole knows what the team needs, I hope he gets the job and is backed fully by the board in the transfer market this summer.
If we get a top CB, RW and RB we would challenge for titles next season.
I agree, and he name checked Sancho didn't he? I hope he continues to impress in the coming moths and gets the job full time. Thing is I don't trust the morons who are on the board, or whoever makes the decisions on transfers. We've needed a RW for God knows how long, yet we go and buy Fred for 50 milions so he can sit on the bench.

ravi2

I agree, and he name checked Sancho didn't he? I hope he continues to impress in the coming moths and gets the job full time. Thing is I don't trust the morons who are on the board, or whoever makes the decisions on transfers. We've needed a RW for God knows how long, yet we go and buy Fred for 50 milions so he can sit on the bench.
I belive if Ole gets the job (fingers crossed!) he will be backed. But the board needs to show the same type of ambition that City and Liverpool have been showing lately. If Sancho and Koulibaly cost 100m each, just pay it as that is the going rate for world class players these days.

yfoFC

This

The few times he's played out wide under Ole have been his worst by far, imagine if he was playing there full time? (the reading game springs to mind)

Amazing up front though, and can't see him losing his place to anyone at the moment.
Said this before but because of an earlier post of mine, I was dismissed as having an agenda.

Now he's started a game there, I hope it will be the last we see of him on the LW and restore him back up top immediately even if it means lukaku dropping to the bench.

His position on the pitch does not excuse his awful miss though, and he should be burying that even if he played CB.

Kostov

I belive if Ole gets the job (fingers crossed!) he will be backed. But the board needs to show the same type of ambition that City and Liverpool have been showing lately. If Sancho and Koulibaly cost 100m each, just pay it as that is the going rate for world class players these days.
We can only hope for it mate. I'm not very optimistic about it. We've had some obvious holes in the team that have been overlooked for far too long. Anyway glad we rescued a point tonight and I'm off. It was a stressful evening.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have no idea what he was thinking with that first chance. A casual flick with the outside of his foot? You don’t get style points for goals Marcus!! Side foot it in the bottom corner you fanny.

I’ll forgive him as he’s been brilliant recently but he had an absolute stinker today. He should be destroying Bardsley.

Status
Not open for further replies.