Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The midfield and also our clearance were poor today. Every time we got the ball back we end up giving the ball straight to the opposition, it’s not because Rashford was bad in movement that he didn’t give an option but it’s because our passings and clearance were shocking. I think Rashford did fine today, he looks dangerous when he had the ball. Good run and finish today. He’s our Eto’o not Walcott ffs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He played well, took his goal well and was making runs so many times. Few times he could have made better passes in final third but the movement was laughably bad.

Overall decent game. Good to see him scoring goals.

The Nani

I get he's the golden boy and all, but he didn't do much of anything right today aside from the goal. Made a few decent runs, but he makes the wrong decision nearly every time in possession. Attitude isn't right either. Lots of hand waving and remonstrating when something doesn't come off. What's to stop him continuing to do it? How is he supposed to improve? He isn't being lambasted by anyone on the pitch. In fact he was giving it to Mata or Herrera at one point today. The kid needs taking down a peg. Big time.

redasian

I liked the finish for his goal, was very composed. Must be that Ole finishing training leaving its impact. Otherwise didn't get in the game much like everyone else, but tbf he was getting swarmed by 3 or 4 Watford players without much support at times.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Good performance from him given the circumstances yesterday. He spent a lot of the game as a forward with no midfield support. We ended up as a counterattacking team yesterday, and there were too many times that he got the ball on the break only to have no one in a position to take a pass.

Complaining about selfishness when the rest of the attack were behind the action or behind a block of defenders is pointless. It was one of those matches where a fully fit Lingard would have helped.

Still, three points, a good goal from Rashford, and it did look like he was moving a bit more freely, at least at the start of the match. A bit of a shame we're playing on Tuesday, he does need more recovery time.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's incredible that he gets most of the stick despite the fact that midfield behind him was absolutely dog shit throughout the match.

Canagel

Him and Martial won us the game with their quality. The service to them both was non existent.

ManuMou

He did well given the circmstances. The game was basically our defense + Attack - midfield.

The Nani

It's incredible that he gets most of the stick despite the fact that midfield behind him was absolutely dog shit throughout the match.
I don't know if you were referring to me, but I really wasn't trying to give him stick per se. He does frustrate me, but that's normal for young players.

My concern is that he doesn't have the proper leadership around him. You always hear Fergie praised for Ronaldo's development and rightly so. But he did that indirectly as much as directly. The locker room leadership hierarchy he set in place did most of that for him. He's said as much in interviews.

But there's no Rooney or Scholes or Rio around now to set an example and if need be tell Rashford and the rest of our youngsters what's what. It's a real concern. It's the same thing that happened at Arsenal after they got rid of Vieira and co. Their youngsters just ran amok, believing their own hype and never winning anything.

So while yes I was having a go at Rashford in a way. It's more to do with how he's being developing than the lad himself. Obviously he's a manc and he has talent. I just worry about his attitude and development knowing if I was a youngster in his situation my head would be the size of Old Trafford as well. It's just human nature.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
The more I watch his game, and the more I read peoples messages on here, on reddit, and in the newspapers, the more I genuinely think people are either too arrogant and jealous, or too ignorant to admit that we have a serious player on our hands here.

He's improving every year, under completely different managers and tactical styles, thrown all over the place position wise and asked to fill in different roles whilst competing for his place with players like Rooney, Memphis, Zlatan, Lukaku, Martial etc.

In his breakout season he scored 8 goals and 2 assists, the next season 11 goals and 4 assists, last season was 13 goals and 8 assists, and this season so far he's contributed 13 goals and 9 assists so far. We need to continue building him up and he will be our main man for years to come.

The more I watch his game, and the more I read peoples messages on here, on reddit, and in the newspapers, the more I genuinely think people are either too arrogant and jealous, or too ignorant to admit that we have a serious player on our hands here.

He's improving every year, under completely different managers and tactical styles, thrown all over the place position wise and asked to fill in different roles whilst competing for his place with players like Rooney, Memphis, Zlatan, Lukaku, Martial etc.

In his breakout season he scored 8 goals and 2 assists, the next season 11 goals and 4 assists, last season was 13 goals and 8 assists, and this season so far he's contributed 13 goals and 9 assists so far. We need to continue building him up and he will be our main man for years to come.
He needs to have that true breakout season where he scores well over 20 goals and establishes himself as our main striker. I don't think he's got it in him personally, i think he'll make it here but he will end up as a second striker consistently getting 15 goals and a bunch of assists.

kps88

He needs to have that true breakout season where he scores well over 20 goals and establishes himself as our main striker. I don't think he's got it in him personally, i think he'll make it here but he will end up as a second striker consistently getting 15 goals and a bunch of assists.
He already has 13 this season despite us being terrible for half of it. Over 20 goals seems pretty doable to me, especially if he plays more central.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he had a good game, but he really needs to work on his left foot. There was a chance in the first half where he did so well and cut inside, but then wimped out the shot and passed it straight to a watford player. Shoot Marcus!

Joeace2020

Very strange comment seeing his progression in goals and assits stats. It's like saying the student who was 7th 3 years ago, 3rd 2 years back, 2nd last year can never make 1st.

Very strange comment seeing his progression in goals and assits stats. It's like saying the student who was 7th 3 years ago, 3rd 2 years back, 2nd last year can never make 1st.
Just saying what i see. I don't think he's got that sense of always being in the right place at the right time that they very best strikers have. A lot of his goals are from him coming in from deeper positions, i.e where a second striker plays, rather than being the guy who gets on the end of everything.

Just saying what i see. I don't think he's got that sense of always being in the right place at the right time that they very best strikers have. A lot of his goals are from him coming in from deeper positions, i.e where a second striker plays, rather than being the guy who gets on the end of everything.
You’re forgetting that he’s 21. Show me loads of world class strikers who had that predatory instinct at 21? There aren’t many. Aubameyang, Lacazette, Henry, Cristiano, Eto’o, Rooney, Van Persie, Zlatan, Forlan etc all had to develop that side of their game from playing out wide/out of position. Only a handful of strikers have had that instinct from early (Ronaldo, Defoe, Mbappe, Hernandez, Cavani, Suarez).

roonster09

Scout
That can improved with more games as CF. All the great goal scorers now were not prolific scorers from young age.

That can improved with more games as CF. All the great goal scorers now were not prolific scorers from young age.
You’re forgetting that he’s 21. Show me loads of world class strikers who had that predatory instinct at 21? There aren’t many. Aubameyang, Lacazette, Henry, Cristiano, Eto’o, Rooney, Van Persie, Zlatan, Forlan etc all had to develop that side of their game from playing out wide/out of position. Only a handful of strikers have had that instinct from early (Ronaldo, Defoe, Mbappe, Hernandez, Cavani, Suarez).
His age is a bit misleading as he's in his third, arguably fourth full season. At that age most of the top strikers mentioned were playing in different positions or lower down the ranks. Many of the top goalscorers clicked and started scoring serious goal numbers in their second seasons in top tier football; Van Nistelrooy, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Zlatan all did, and Lacazette did in his 3rd at Lyon.

It's not to say i think Rashford is a bad player. He's just not someone who likes to receive the ball high up the pitch with his back to goal. He prefers to be on the run, facing the goal, which is going to limit how many he can score but open him up for making a lot of assists. I think he will end up a bit like Rooney. He can score goals as the 9 if he has to but he's probably going to be a better player sitting deeper with someone else leading the attack.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I actually agree with @11101 in that I don't think Rashford is good enough to be the main CF for a PL / CL competing side...

I think if he is the main CF, then it has to be in a role similar to Firmino at Liverpool, where his running, pressing and work-rate are essentially his most valuable attributes and there are at least two more members of the attack (Mané and Salah) who are World Class and generally outscore him.

So, Rashford backed with, say, Hazard and Martial could work for me. But with what we've currently got, Rom is the better CF option, with Rashford starting wide of him.

Last edited:

SER19

I actually agree with @11101 in that I don't think Rashford is good enough to be the main CF for a PL / CL competing side...

I think if he is the main CF, then it has to be in a role similar to Firmino at Liverpool, where his running, pressing and work-rate are essentially his most valuable attributes and there are at least two more members of the attack (Mané and Salah) who are World Class generally outscore him.

So, Rashford backed with, say, Hazard and Martial could work for me. But with what we've currently got, Rom is the better CF option, with Rashford starting wide of him.
Agree. Think he can be, but right now, no.

roonster09

Scout
His age is a bit misleading as he's in his third, arguably fourth full season. At that age most of the top strikers mentioned were playing in different positions or lower down the ranks. Many of the top goalscorers clicked and started scoring serious goal numbers in their second seasons in top tier football; Van Nistelrooy, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Zlatan all did, and Lacazette did in his 3rd at Lyon.

It's not to say i think Rashford is a bad player. He's just not someone who likes to receive the ball high up the pitch with his back to goal. He prefers to be on the run, facing the goal, which is going to limit how many he can score but open him up for making a lot of assists. I think he will end up a bit like Rooney. He can score goals as the 9 if he has to but he's probably going to be a better player sitting deeper with someone else leading the attack.
This is Rashford's third full season and he was never played as CF for extended period of time. Rashford for most part of his career played as winger.

Springfield WildCats

Stick him centre forward and give him some decent service from the wings and a get a fully functioning midfield behind him and i will put my house on him being a 25+ goals striker.
I can count on one hand how many taps they both get and its because of our poor build up play.
stick Aguero, Kane & Salah in this team and they will be posting numbers similar to Rashford and Martial.
Martial and Rashford have to create and finish most of their chances. hopefully OGS will get this sorted.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Stick him centre forward and give him some decent service from the wings and a get a fully functioning midfield behind him and i will put my house on him being a 25+ goals striker.
I can count on one hand how many taps they both get and its because of our poor build up play.
stick Aguero, Kane & Salah in this team and they will be posting numbers similar to Rashford and Martial.
Martial and Rashford have to create and finish most of their chances. hopefully OGS will get this sorted.
Disagree, emphatically.

First off those 3 players are all very different - Salah isn't even a CF for a start...

Secondly, do you think Rashford will be dislodging Kane as England's first choice CF anytime soon? No, and there's a reason why not - he is nowhere near as good a CF as Kane.

And to compare him as a CF to Aguero is literally bordering on delusional.

He's closer to a Vardy (though still behind Vardy as a CF at present), which is no slight upon Vardy or Rashford, just reality.

Cloud7

In fact he was giving it to Mata or Herrera at one point today.
Both of whom were among the worst players on the field during that match. I have no problem at all with Rashford letting them know they’re doing garbage. He was one of the better performers this weekend and quite rightly should be letting teammates who are underperforming know that they are. Age should not be a factor in that.

The Nani

Both of whom were among the worst players on the field during that match. I have no problem at all with Rashford letting them know they’re doing garbage. He was one of the better performers this weekend and quite rightly should be letting teammates who are underperforming know that they are. Age should not be a factor in that.
Mata was our best attacker against Watford by a distance.

Swiss_Red89

So he seems to be injured atm. Cant find any updates on his injury status appart from Oles statement after Wolves in which he explained that Rashford got a new knock on the other anckle.

I really hope he can play against Barcelona, would be a big blow for us and also for him personally to miss this match.

Man Utd 0:1 Barcelona

Trizy

Between himself and Lukaku we just lack any type of technical ability up front. He did well today with the part of his game he's good at; running. Everything else let him down, which is often the case.

Based Adnan

I have a theory that if Rashford fecks up 3 times in a row within a short space of time he'll go on to have a stinker for the rest of the game

marktan

Very hit and miss, which I've come to accept, because the hit will be usually get us a goal.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Rashford and Lukaku were our only poor players tonight. Our strikers are not good enough at this level.

Ashley R1+O

Not his best night, don't really like him playing next to Lukaku like this. He ends up doing a lot of the work and then when there is zero service to Lukaku in 90 percent of games, normal service is just split right down the middle. But I understand what Ole was trying, just not the Rashers' night.

Status
Not open for further replies.