Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
While he is in bad form, I'm a bit worried about his development overall. Seems to be focusing so much on power, speed and running at all full speed all the time, which will tire him out towards end of games as we have seen.

It's almost like he watched an early version of Ronaldo and is trying to model his game on that. The freekicks, the running with the ball, cutting in and shooting all the time. Only difference is that Ronaldo was good at it, Rashford doesn't have the talent or finesse Ronaldo had. His positioning seems to be poor too.

I hope Ole coaches some of that out of him, but I'm not holding my breath, Ole seems to love him far too much.

RedDevil@84

A good rest will do him some good. I am not a big fan of Ole running him to the ground by making him play every minute in almost all the games. He needs to get an occasional breather in some games.

Mike Smalling

Should have been taken off earlier yesterday. He was clearly off his game, so did not make much sense to keep him on. Could have put Ighalo on top and moved Martial to the left, or even tried a direct switch with James.

Really hope he comes back sharper, even though it is a shorter break.

Squeaky Bumtime

I wonder what all Ronaldo comparisons and the notion he thinks he's Ronaldo came from. I think its a load a bs.
Rest will do him good.
Saying that Ole should have subbed him earlier.

starman

This was just pure brain dead stuff,he easily had the beating of the defender down the left, the defender was anticipating/banking on him cutting inside, he probably couldn't believe his luck that he just trips on the ball....

m1tch

He's been really really poor since the injury. We're one good attacking signing away from him being on the fringes and fighting for a place in the team. And that's exactly how it should be at United, you shouldn't be able to play that poorly for so many games and still be in starting 11.

Woziak

Genuinely think this boy is world class potential but he needs Shaw to play with him he wants to go forward not track back and shaw gives him that platform , he was shattered but he’s definite elite potential and stood up in dark times , I love the boys attitude and I think if we give him that love he’ll reward us, he’s great mates with Sancho, Martial and Greenwood we just need all 5 top players competing for 3 spaces and then a different no 9 physical option, what many fans forget he always scores against the top 6 and normally is is great in pressure situations, he’s shattered and Ole over used him due to Daniel James and Lingard being our only options, we need 5 top class strikers for 3 positions because 1 will always be injured , Woodward needs to final stand up and say we need to go big or go home, he’s brought mercenaries to the club for money only now sell the club for what it truly is a behemoth of a sleeping giant that craves silverware and attacking football in equal measures, if you, Mr Woodward still don’t recognise this the. please fall on your sword and let someone run the club with red in their veins !!!!!!

our priorities are simple
left Footed Centre back With pace - Koulibaly or D Upamcempo
Midfield Destroyer - T Partey or N Kante or Casemiro
CFW -Jimenez or M Dembele
Right winger - J Sancho O Dembele

simple we are 4 players short of being a really good side but even with those 4 we wouldn’t win the league but we would be knocking on the door each season And always in the last 8 of the Champions League !!

Woziak

Should have been taken off earlier yesterday. He was clearly off his game, so did not make much sense to keep him on. Could have put Ighalo on top and moved Martial to the left, or even tried a direct switch with James.

Really hope he comes back sharper, even though it is a shorter break.
Totally agree Ole worked him into the ground, subs on 85 minutes wow !!
please Watch Julian Naigelsman and day the club can’t do better this guy is the man to topple Klopp and Pep and could build a 10 year dynasty for us !

In Rainbows

This was just pure brain dead stuff,he easily had the beating of the defender down the left, the defender was anticipating/banking on him cutting inside, he probably couldn't believe his luck that he just trips on the ball....
Difference between he and Greenwood. Rashford is reliant on his right. He's made things tougher by refusing to use his left at times. That happened throughout the season even in his best periods of form.

I wonder what all Ronaldo comparisons and the notion he thinks he's Ronaldo came from. I think its a load a bs.
Rest will do him good.
Saying that Ole should have subbed him earlier.
Think it's more to do with his body type and how he wants to play. Ronaldo was on another level from a technique standpoint. This allowed Ronaldo to be a much better dribbler, and not make similar ball controlling mistakes.

Dve

Normally Rashford is cool as a cucumber, but yesterday he lost his head over a throw in. Very unlike him. He just doesn´t seem mentally balanced at the moment.

Foxbatt

Totally agree Ole worked him into the ground, subs on 85 minutes wow !!
please Watch Julian Naigelsman and day the club can’t do better this guy is the man to topple Klopp and Pep and could build a 10 year dynasty for us !
yes Leipzig may lose tomorrow but he is the future and if we do not get him another top club will and we lose another chance to sign a top manager.

mav_9me

I realize he has been off form but I have zero worries about him. He will be fine.

MadMike

His recent run reminds me of Martial under Jose. Bad decisions, over-complicating things, failing to complete simple passes and shots some times.

People say it’s the injury or fitness/tiredness but it’s his head that doesn’t seem right. And it’s evidentover 90 mins not jut the end of games.

Strelok

While he is in bad form, I'm a bit worried about his development overall. Seems to be focusing so much on power, speed and running at all full speed all the time, which will tire him out towards end of games as we have seen.

It's almost like he watched an early version of Ronaldo and is trying to model his game on that. The freekicks, the running with the ball, cutting in and shooting all the time. Only difference is that Ronaldo was good at it, Rashford doesn't have the talent or finesse Ronaldo had. His positioning seems to be poor too.

I hope Ole coaches some of that out of him, but I'm not holding my breath, Ole seems to love him far too much.
Agreed.

Lately I've been watching Mbappe in the CL and I can't help but to wish Rashford has a brain of Mbappe.

Mbappe is really really fast and an excellent dribbler but usually he'd choose to pass over dribbling and going all by himself. He's usually deadly with his passes as he reads the game really well. Man he's the definition of knowing to do the right thing at the right moment. No one is perfect and of course it's not really fair to compare Rashford against Mbappe but tbh I can't stop to think what if Rashford can have just a half of Mbappe's brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.