5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

the chameleon

Ole playing him against Wolves has has to be one of the worst decisions by a manager.

Highly negligent from Ole.

RedIan

ole post match i/V confirms stress fracture of his back and considering buying a short term cover striker. Rashford will be a huge miss.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can't post in the injury thread, so posting here: If it's spondylolysis he should've been resting for a few months to begin with. Going from a single to double fracture is bad. If it's at the typical L4-L5 area there can be a lot of issues arising from this. What in the world were they thinking? It can ruin his life, nevermind the season.
Overly dramatic

bondsname

Anyone here with medical knowledge who knows what this might do this his career? Will he be able to fully recover?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Anyone here with medical knowledge who knows what this might do this his career? Will he be able to fully recover?
He'll be fine. Stress fractures in young athletes are a very common occurance. Rashford is still growing and playing through that is always going to cause risk of injury.

Pat Cummins is a great example of a young fast bowler in cricket (far more stress placed through the back being a fast bowler tha 99% of other athletes) and he's now the best bowler in world cricket and has played pretty much every test for Australia for the last 2 and a half years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Cummins

Irwin99

Ole playing him against Wolves has has to be one of the worst decisions by a manager.

Highly negligent from Ole.
He shouldn't have been risked but, it's testament to how poor the squad is (and you blame either or both Ole and Ed for that). The attacking play was mostly awful against Wolves and we badly needed a goal.

I'm struggling to get a clear angle on whether Rashford's back injury was before the Wolves match or if, as Ole said, it happened during the game. Seems to be a lot of conflicting quotes going around.

Lebowski

I just want to say how brilliant this lad is and how genuinely gutted I am for him that he's facing a long spell on the sidelines.

I was sceptical when the new mega deal was announced but his season has been one of the only positives for us this year.

He's stepped up to a level few thought he was capable of, and any questions over the lad's character have been well and truly put to bed since it's become patently clear he has put his body on the line to play through pain and injury time and time again whenever called upon.

In any other United team of the past couple of decades he'd be a promising youth player but we've demanded he be a leader on the field and spearhead our attack and he's proven more than capable.

He's given everything he has to the shirt and I hope he gets the plaudits and trophy haul at United that his talent and commitment deserve.

Get well soon Marcus.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I just want to say how brilliant this lad is and how genuinely gutted I am for him that he's facing a long spell on the sidelines.

I was sceptical when the new mega deal was announced but his season has been one of the only positives for us this year.

He's stepped up to a level few thought he was capable of, and any questions over the lad's character have been well and truly put to bed since it's become patently clear he has put his body on the line to play through pain and injury time and time again whenever called upon.

In any other United team of the past couple of decades he'd be a promising youth player but we've demanded he be a leader on the field and spearhead our attack and he's proven more than capable.

He's given everything he has to the shirt and I hope he gets the plaudits and trophy haul at United that his talent and commitment deserve.

Get well soon Marcus.
Last year especially it seemed he wasn't fully fit for months. Which meant he under performed, which hurt his rep a bit. But he's a super game lad and we're lucky to have that commitment.

Hope he's allowed to. properly recover from this.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Gutted for him. He should just shut it down until the Euro's, have a banger of a tournament and then focus on next season. Worst case scenario for us is he tries to race back for the Euro's and he's hampered into the start of next season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We are treating this kid like the Scousers used to do Owen. Hopefully we don't destroy his legs in the same way. Been our player of the season, easily. We are f'd without him. Fingers crossed we can hold on in the Europa League until Rashford returns. Top four seems a pipe dream.

Lebowski

Last year especially it seemed he wasn't fully fit for months. Which meant he under performed, which hurt his rep a bit. But he's a super game lad and we're lucky to have that commitment.

Hope he's allowed to. properly recover from this.
Agreed.

There was that period of games after Liverpool at home where he seemed to be clearly playing with an injury, or at the very least playing through the pain barrier.

That appears to be a rare level of commitment amongst his teammates if you believe Jose's frequent rants about players not wanting to play unless they are 100% while he was the manager here.

I just wish that I had confidence in the coaching, medical and recruitment department that Rashford's obvious willingness to bleed red for the cause would be used sparingly for the long-term benefit of him and the club. This season we've played most of our regular starters into the ground, which again makes his returns this season even more commendable.

TrustInOle

I am a huge supporter of Ole and feel he offers some of the characteristics we need at the club to become great again. But if true thay we had prior knowledge to this before risking him then he deserves to be called out on. Jose used to do the same thing with injuries and I didn't agree with it then or now. There are certain injuries I can agree, can be played through, but anything involving specificly sensitive areas of a person should be given a lot more consideration, especially in this advanced age.

Now I don't know whether it is true or could be a fresh injury, with the previous injury not being so bad, but after remembering Marcus holding that side of his back the last few games, surely it should be questioned?

TrustInOle

Very informative, thank you. But does sound like there would have been an initial fracture previous to the double fracture meaning we had to have known prior this could happen and still risked him. Or the medical staff we have are con men, which after the last few years, wouldn't suprise me.

Or I am just misinterpreting what I gathered from the film? :lol: which also wouldn't suprise me.

peridigm

Very informative, thank you. But does sound like there would have been an initial fracture previous to the double fracture meaning we had to have known prior this could happen and still risked him. Or the medical staff we have are con men, which after the last few years, wouldn't suprise me.

Or I am just misinterpreting what I gathered from the film? :lol: which also wouldn't suprise me.
As the doc states, we don't have the information to know whether the double fracture is the same bone, just on the other side, or an entirely different bone altogether. We may never know but this could have come from an injury or a genetic underlying issue. Some people have brittle bones. Not sure if they test for that in medicals or not but I'd wager to bet he had to have a medical prior to his latest contract renewal. We never hear of players going through a medical once at the club but I'd bet they happen more frequently than we'd expect.

Your back is nothing to mess around with. I'm surprised he's only been ruled out 2-3 months and has been playing with this injury for who knows how long.

TrustInOle

Agreed
As the doc states, we don't have the information to know whether the double fracture is the same bone, just on the other side, or an entirely different bone altogether. We may never know but this could have come from an injury or a genetic underlying issue. Some people have brittle bones. Not sure if they test for that in medicals or not but I'd wager to bet he had to have a medical prior to his latest contract renewal. We never hear of players going through a medical once at the club but I'd bet they happen more frequently than we'd expect.

Your back is nothing to mess around with. I'm surprised he's only been ruled out 2-3 months and has been playing with this injury for who knows how long.
Agreed. My main concern now is, going into the final stages of the season, if top 4 or one of the cups is still up for grabs, I can see us rushing him back rather than the extended time he would need to fully recover. Not to mention the Euro's are in the summer, last thing we need is to go into next season with an unfit Rashford, especially with everything we are trying to build towards.

Swiss_Red89

As crazy as it sounds, I think in the longterm this spell on the sideline will benefit him.
He has played football on the highest level and under immense pressure since he broke through out of nowhere. His body and also his psyche hardly got a rest since then. So it will be a good thing for him to have the chance to just slow down a bit and completely recharge the batteries for 3-4 months. I’m sure he will come back even stronger after it.

As shit as it is for us, I really hope we give him the time to fully heal this injury. Even if that means we wont see him again for us this season.

As for the Euros, I think if he is fit in May, and it sounds like this could easily be tha case, Southgate will take him into his squad. Even if he don’t play a PL-Game again this season.

DoomSlayer

That is just not fair on Rashford. Why has he not been treated properly for his injuries?

And is it just me or is this ankle injury due to that scumbag Henderson, who smashed Marcus in the 1st of minute of last season's game at OT? We had to make 3 subs in the first half due to injuries, so it seems Rashford had to soldier on.

No wonder his form dipped after that, I remember fans abusing him and saying the injury stories are fake news and he was just not interested. Goes to show that most of the fanbase knows feck all.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

I think that stress fractures can be hard to spot as well.

Verminator

That is just not fair on Rashford. Why has he not been treated properly for his injuries?

And is it just me or is this ankle injury due to that scumbag Henderson, who smashed Marcus in the 1st of minute of last season's game at OT? We had to make 3 subs in the first half due to injuries, so it seems Rashford had to soldier on.

No wonder his form dipped after that, I remember fans abusing him and saying the injury stories are fake news and he was just not interested. Goes to show that most of the fanbase knows feck all.
What that goes to show is that, knowing that, United chose to go with him as main striker. Selling Lukaku and not bringing anyone in was bad enough, before this being revealed.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
United rightfully getting a beating in the media with the information coming out. Whether it's Ole, Woodward, or the medical staff, heads should roll.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Last 4 games he didn't start
Wolves 0-0
Wolves 1-0 (scored when he was on the pitch)
Liverpool 0-2
Burnley 0-2

In between he started vs Norwich and City, scored 3 goals

Shows how important he is to this team and how harsh few(usual posters) are on him shitting on how he isn't perfect.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Any chance of a top 4 position was over the moment we were told he'd be out for a considerable time.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Now imagine if that was Pogba.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

No one says he went against Ole's wishes by going Miami. But when Ole says he would rather his players more boring, its undeniably against those instructions when you're snapping with A listed celebs and shooting hoops in major stadiums. It's not even a debate. You can point to others who did wrong but that doesn't make Pogba's post any more right.

Again, as standalone posts it's not an issue but if it's days after Ole said not to go crazy on social media then it's poor form.
I referred to the basketball point. You can tell Ole was uncomfortable replying to that presser, he said a bizzare thing like "you can't twist your ankle playing basketball" or something similar. It was really uneasy to watch and yes, Pogba didn't make it easy for him. Besides, when did I take offence? I'm just saying it's poor form to go against manager instructions. And Ole can have a say on what his players do and don't post.

Also you're trying to claim Ole was only talking about Lingard and Mason because they were talking about having sex. That's not the case, Ole was speaking in general and massively in relation to during the season rather than pre-season. This is what he said:

"Sometimes it seems you’re a footballer, so you can experience so many different things," he said. "It should be quite the contrary - when you’re a footballer you should be proper boring. "You go to bed, you rest, you recover and you get ready for the next game. That’s the culture we need to get to."

So if you think that Pogba's celeb posts and basketball posts wasn't against the above then may god help you. Lets just agree to disagree.

There are so many great things about Paul Pogba when he's firing, but there are a lot of things to improve on. I don't think you will ever see him as anything other than perfect anyway, so lets just leave it and enjoy the game.
Ole said publically he wants his players to be more boring on social media. Pogba days later posts about being with Pharrel Williams, tagging celebs and what not while being in Miami for rehab.

Now I'm not questioning the injury or the fact that he was there on rehab. He can go and link celebs it's not really a bad thing but he clearly didn't note his managers wishes when posting it on social media. Which, when you're a player who brings uncertainty into the fold with the summer comments, is just bad form.
Any thoughts? @VP89

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Any thoughts? @VP89
Yeah, it's the same. I'm not for it.

It's not really a matter of being out of touch or whatever as I'm 30 myself. I use Instagram and all that but if shoes were swapped and my manager said to cut it out, I'd either 1) give in to the star hype and post or 2) listen.

If 1) I should be prepared for rightful criticism from sections of the fans or privately by my manager.

There are lots of players who get struck with long term injuries but they don't all do what Rashford and Pogba did. If they did its not really a problem but it looks bad if the manager publically said he wanted his players to cut it out and they go against it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah, it's the same. I'm not for it.

It's not really a matter of being out of touch or whatever as I'm 30 myself. I use Instagram and all that but if shoes were swapped and my manager said to cut it out, I'd either 1) give in to the star hype and post or 2) listen.

If 1) I should be prepared for rightful criticism from sections of the fans or privately by my manager.
Fair play, but I still disagree. Strongly. No manager has any right to dictate what another adult posts on his personal page. So long as it does not bring the organisation into disrepute. And as a 30 year old yourself, I’m sure you understand that taking a photo with DJ Khaled does not bring your club into disrepute.

I’m not sure exactly what Ole said, but I do know he couldn’t have meant what you are implying, as he’d be massively overstepping if he did.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fair play... If i was a professional footballer and I got injured, I'd probably take the weekend to go to Wrestlemania because a) I'm a sad bastard and b) why not?

Andersonson

His injured and its a two week pause in the league.

Perfect timing for a holiday. And lucky for Rashford its Superbowl at the same time!

See no harm in this, what so ever.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
His injured and its a two week pause in the league.

Perfect timing for a holiday. And lucky for Rashford its Superbowl at the same time!

See no harm in this, what so ever.
Of course there's nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't inhibit his rehabilitation.

The problem is the double standards some people have.

Status
Not open for further replies.