5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRedDevil

Just hope the eejit doesn't rush him back like he did pogba. Take your time. Save him for Leicester city or the EL final if necessary.

M16Red

Will we never learn. The amount of players we tried to get back earlier for tournaments / finals has come back to bite us. Key players at the time.

Beckham and Rooney IIRC.

Seanus

But you have to bear in mind the player will often be desperate to play for his country in a major tournament

Thiagoal

I’d rather he take the rest of the season and summer off and come back on July 1st FULLY recuperated ready to spearhead a league challenge with his buddy Jadon!

zenith

We'd be stupid to play him before the end of the season and allowing him to be in contention for England.

England also have the likes of Kane, sterling, Sancho and Grealish and are hardly in desperate need of Marcus.

Stadjer

But you have to bear in mind the player will often be desperate to play for his country in a major tournament
Exactly. People act like Manchester United will be the one who decides if Rashford goes or not.

In the end Rashford needs to make the decision to go or not to go. All the club can do is convince or try to preasure him into not going.

Tarrou

We'd be stupid to play him before the end of the season and allowing him to be in contention for England.

England also have the likes of Kane, sterling, Sancho and Grealish and are hardly in desperate need of Marcus.
We cant exactly block the lad from going to the Euros if he’s fit, can we? That would be disastrous for his relationship with the club.

sillwuka

You're mad if you think Rashford won't drag himself to the Euros. These tournaments dont done come round often and I'm sure he will be desperate to go even if not 100%.

For us it may be Club over Country but players won't want to sit at home.

GenZRed

I could be wrong (I hope I am) but I can't imagine any other set of fans in any other countries having the 'who cares about the national team' the way so many fans in England feel about their national team. I kow the England team is perceived to have underachieved a lot, but at least we make it to the tournaments. Scotland and Wales haven't got a great record in qualifying for the tournaments, yet their fans still passionately care about their national teams.

The media takes a share of the blame, they used to hype us up a lot then throw the team under the bus when they failed. 2018 was a notable exception. I care abut England doing well as much as I care about Man United and no amount of disappointment will change that. We (Man United fans) have had plenty of disappointed since 2013 yet that doesn't stop us supporting them. Why should the national team be any different?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I could be wrong (I hope I am) but I can't imagine any other set of fans in any other countries having the 'who cares about the national team' the way so many fans in England feel about their national team. I kow the England team is perceived to have underachieved a lot, but at least we make it to the tournaments. Scotland and Wales haven't got a great record in qualifying for the tournaments, yet their fans still passionately care about their national teams.

The media takes a share of the blame, they used to hype us up a lot then throw the team under the bus when they failed. 2018 was a notable exception. I care abut England doing well as much as I care about Man United and no amount of disappointment will change that. We (Man United fans) have had plenty of disappointed since 2013 yet that doesn't stop us supporting them. Why should the national team be any different?
The forum isn't just fans from England -it's world wide. So if a lot of them are saying they don't care for the England games, I'm sure it's also because some aren't English.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Nah don’t really care about England, I’ll enjoy the major tourneys when they are on but it’s 100% Utd >>>>>>>> England

Dante

Average bang
I was just looking through the penalties United have got in the PL.

We have 10 which is 3 ahead of second place. We're well clear of the rest in terms of being awarded penalties in the league.

But more to the point, I went back and looked at who earned them:

Chelsea
Rashford won it
Rashford scored

Wolves
Pogba won it
Pogba missed

Palace
McTominay won it
Rahford missed

Leicester
Rashford won it
Rashford scored

Norwich
James won it
Rashford missed

Norwich
Fred won it
Martial missed

Tottenham
Rashford won it
Rashford scored

City
Rashford won it
Rashford scored

Norwich
Williams won it
Rashford scored

Watford
Bruno won it
Bruno scored

Rashford doesn't get the credit he deserves for this in the stats, but he's won 4 penalties this season. When the opposition can't stop him legally, they have to stop him illegally. We miss him a lot.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I was just looking through the penalties United have got in the PL.

We have 10 which is 3 clear of second place. We're well clear of the rest in terms of being awarded penalties.

But more to the point, I went back and looked at who earned them:

Chelsea
Rashford won it
Rashford scored

Wolves
Pogba won it
Pogba missed

Palace
McTominay won it
Rahford missed

Leicester
Rashford won it
Rashford scored

Norwich
James won it
Rashford missed

Norwich
Fred won it
Martial missed

Tottenham
Rashford won it
Rashford scored

City
Rashford won it
Rashford scored

Norwich
Williams won it
Rashford scored

Watford
Bruno won it
Bruno scored

Rashford doesn't get the credit he deserves for this in the stats, but he's won 4 penalties this season. When the opposition can't stop him legally, they have to stop him illegally. We miss him a lot.
I miss his Ronaldo chops inside of the box.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All this ‘rushed back’ talk. He has a stress fracture. A simple scan will reveal whether or not the bone has fully healed or not. He won’t be back before that happens.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I hope he takes proper rest and does not play for England. No point in returning after two months and not doing rehab properly. Would affect us next season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Miss him too. Fantastic player who got his injury at the worst time for him. I hope it doesn’t knock him off his stride as he was really in the ascendancy at the time. I believe he was going to push on to become a 35 goal player next season with the way his trajectory was going.

We need at least one of the front 3 to be a ruthless, goal-a-game forward, and I think that could be him.

I really don't want to see him back this season. Our medical department is useless and you can almost guarantee he will aggravate it because we rushed him back too soon. Let him rest properly and come back fired up in August.

JoaquinJoaquin

There has always been a famous saying, 'UNITED > ENGLAND'. I presume you must be young.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A good lad our Marcus.

Concerning his injury I hope he's not feeling pressured to comeback too quickly due to the upcoming International tournament.

I feel he needs a good recovery period without being in a pressured state.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If he turns into Henry (started on the wing, then became a fabulous striker), it may solve "where would Grealish play?" conundrum. Although I have a serious doubt it will happen. His finishing is just not there. So LF is his best bet for now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
A good lad our Marcus.

Concerning his injury I hope he's not feeling pressured to comeback too quickly due to the upcoming International tournament.

I feel he needs a good recovery period without being in a pressured state.
Plus a few matches before he gets the match rhythm again.

Withnail

Miss him too. Fantastic player who got his injury at the worst time for him. I hope it doesn’t knock him off his stride as he was really in the ascendancy at the time. I believe he was going to push on to become a 35 goal player next season with the way his trajectory was going.

We need at least one of the front 3 to be a ruthless, goal-a-game forward, and I think that could be him.
The injury was such a shame.

He'd have absolutely walked the PL golden boot the way it's gone. He's still only 3 goals off Vardy and Aubameyang.

ColvaleGoa

Rashford will put the fear factor back in opposition when he is back. Didn't have this kind of players since we had Rooney and Ronaldo in their pomp. I am not saying he is on their level yet but he definitely puts the fear of God in the opposition. What a player to have come from Academy.

Spaghetti

Mom's

Italians are generally not overly bothered about the national team and the same can be said of many parts of Spain (it’s split into different areas and some of them are very anti-Spain).

However, some countries tend to be more passionate about the national team - unsurprisingly it is usually the nations with weaker domestic leagues.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The injury was such a shame.

He'd have absolutely walked the PL golden boot the way it's gone. He's still only 3 goals off Vardy and Aubameyang.
I think he’d have gone on to smash the Euros as well. Honestly felt like this was ‘his year’. Furious.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he turns into Henry (started on the wing, then became a fabulous striker), it may solve "where would Grealish play?" conundrum. Although I have a serious doubt it will happen. His finishing is just not there. So LF is his best bet for now.
If he can score 20-30 goals a season from wing forward position, why need to start him as a striker?

Djemba-Djemba

We miss him especially in these big games.

His big game record is fantastic, he seems to relish the important occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.