Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Italians are generally not overly bothered about the national team and the same can be said of many parts of Spain (it’s split into different areas and some of them are very anti-Spain).

However, some countries tend to be more passionate about the national team - unsurprisingly it is usually the nations with weaker domestic leagues.
Yeah, people who love the national team generally support no mark clubs.

Club over country every day of the week.

I would rather United win the League Cup than England win a World Cup

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just looking at some PL stats and he's still up there in the goal scorer chart. Only 5 players have scored more than him, and the joint two top scorers only have 3 more than him.

That's not only with him missing a load of games due to injury, but, when playing, playing without Pogba for about 99% of his games, a bit without Martial when he was out injured, and never playing with Bruno at all.

Considering his form prior to injury, I don't think it's too outlandish to say he could've been a proper contender for the golden boot this season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wonder if football starts again around in April that we may get Rashford back sooner within the 'season'.

Though I know there is more things important than football in this world.

El Zoido

Wonder if football starts again around in April that we may get Rashford back sooner within the 'season'.

He’ll be fit by the time we play again. And it won’t be in April.

NotQuiteManc

It is unfortunate that the season is postponed, but it will give the likes of Rashford to recover properly, and get fit in time for hopefully the last month of the season, whenever that may be now. As the team is actually playing really well as a team (I know, surprising!), so he is not desperately needed as much as now Bruno is leading the team, at least offensively.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

We don’t have to keep saying this btw. There are more important things than football in this world, but not many more important things than football in the football world. If we’re talking football, we can talk it with our heads high!

mav_9me

Just looking at some PL stats and he's still up there in the goal scorer chart. Only 5 players have scored more than him, and the joint two top scorers only have 3 more than him.

That's not only with him missing a load of games due to injury, but, when playing, playing without Pogba for about 99% of his games, a bit without Martial when he was out injured, and never playing with Bruno at all.

Considering his form prior to injury, I don't think it's too outlandish to say he could've been a proper contender for the golden boot this season.
Good post. Impressive also considering he has played quite a bit of Left wing forward.

In this current form with Fernandes supplying the passes for his numerous runs... He would definitely have been in the running for top scorer.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We don’t have to keep saying this btw. There are more important things than football in this world, but not many more important things than football in the football world. If we’re talking football, we can talk it with our heads high!
And it shouldn’t preclude anyone having a discussion about normal everyday things that enrich people’s lives be it sport, art, TV ...whatever

Makes you wonder if people in wartime never talked about anything else for fear of being scolded.” Hey there’s a new John Wayne movie out.”
“Shush, don’t you know there’s a war on, we shouldn’t be going to movies or even talking about them.”

ghagua

I cannot wait for Rashford to come back from injury. Salivating at the thought of Bruno feeding the ball for Rashford.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
And it shouldn’t preclude anyone having a discussion about normal everyday things that enrich people’s lives be it sport, art, TV ...whatever

Makes you wonder if people in wartime never talked about anything else for fear of being scolded.” Hey there’s a new John Wayne movie out.”
“Shush, don’t you know there’s a war on, we shouldn’t be going to movies or even talking about them.”
Indeed.

MalcolmTucker

Rashford was our player of the season before he got injured - I really don't see the league starting back up until May (if it does at all) so we'll likely have him back for the last games - would be a real boon.

Rolaholic

Can only imagine the delight on his face if the season resumes in a month or 2 and he gets a chance at playing with Bruno and Pogba creating for him...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Tbh in theory, this break, considering the run we have, still puts him in with an outside chance of the Golden Boot. That said, I doubt he’ll be back on penalties this season so will be harder.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tbh in theory, this break, considering the run we have, still puts him in with an outside chance of the Golden Boot. That said, I doubt he’ll be back on penalties this season so will be harder.
Didn’t actually think of that, you have to imagine he’d get a bucket load of chances with Fernandes and Pogba in the side.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Imteresting how if he hadn't gotten injured he'd most likely be the top scorer at some point given no one else where really scoring much and Vardy was out for a while. Up until Vardy came back the highest scorer was on 17 and Rashford on 14.

Fair to say had he played all those weeks he missed he could have been top scorer at some point already this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Imteresting how if he hadn't gotten injured he'd most likely be the top scorer at some point given no one else where really scoring much and Vardy was out for a while. Up until Vardy came back the highest scorer was on 17 and Rashford on 14.

Fair to say had he played all those weeks he missed he could have been top scorer at some point already this season.
Indeed. I just hope this doesn’t feck with his improvement curve.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Always doing things like this. He’s a top man.

I like that he’s a bit of a boring person, doesn’t do much outside of football, charity and staying at home even before the pandemic.

A lot of people like to brand him like Lingard when he’s nothing like him, doesn’t do much on social media.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
fecking love him. Seems like a genuinely great guy, humble and thankful for his position, uses everything for the right reasons and is a brilliant hard working player to boot, and from our academy. Hes pretty much the dream professional for any club to have.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Always doing things like this. He’s a top man.

I like that he’s a bit of a boring person, doesn’t do much outside of football, charity and staying at home even before the pandemic.

A lot of people like to brand him like Lingard when he’s nothing like him, doesn’t do much on social media.
To be fair, he seems to have very similar interests to Lingard, perhaps with the exception of being as much of a joker. All the holidays Jesse is on, Rash is usually right there with him, they are often in the same clubs, parties, concerts together, Rashford has a number of diamond chains showing his name etc. And not long before the pandemic, he was in Miami at the Super Bowl hanging out with a load of rappers. He doesn’t seem ‘boring’ to me. And he shouldn’t be, he should absolutely be living his best life within the confines of the law and his job - like every other member of society.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
fecking love him. Seems like a genuinely great guy, humble and thankful for his position, uses everything for the right reasons and is a brilliant hard working player to boot, and from our academy. Hes pretty much the dream professional for any club to have.
Indeed, his injury was so devastating, can’t wait to see him back.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair, he seems to have very similar interests to Lingard, perhaps with the exception of being as much of a joker. All the holidays Jesse is on, Rash is usually right there with him, they are often in the same clubs, parties, concerts together, Rashford has a number of diamond chains showing his name etc. And not long before the pandemic, he was in Miami at the Super Bowl hanging out with a load of rappers. He doesn’t seem ‘boring’ to me. And he shouldn’t be, he should absolutely be living his best life within the confines of the law and his job - like every other member of society.
Yeah I don't think he's boring and I don't think he meant that disrespectfully either, but he's very mature for his age. He's extremely professional and you'd never catch him doing something like Grealish did. You can imagine the pressure he's been under at United every since he was 18/19 and that's probably made him grow up fast.

As Bos says though, what a fantastic young man he's turned into. He SHOULD be out partying and being silly at his age, but he's earning huge sums of money for charity.

GenZRed

He certainly comes across as professional and mature and likeable as a person. Unlike his best mate JLingz.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He certainly comes across as professional and mature and likeable as a person. Unlike his best mate JLingz.
Yea but I think football fans aren’t the best judge of things like this. I’d wager that Lingard would simply be more likeable to many people if he were as good as Rashford at football. Because he isn’t, he probably has some sort of lesser entitlement to have as much fun as he seems to do so to many fans.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I've personally never seen anything wrong with football players deciding to use their times away from the pitch enjoying themselves or doing anything as long as it's within the confine of the law and moral.

While people love criticizing players for their social media activities(a lazy cliché and criticism)etc, these same guys are very professional when it comes to football matters and their careers. We never hear incidents about them coming late for training or skipping training. They are all very fit and put in work which makes sense given how the modern game requires players to be in tip top shape.

Rashford just like Lingard goes out, goes to these shows, fashion and otherwise, he's photographed wearing gold chains, flies to Miami etc and I see nothing wrong with that. As long as they are professional, which they are because you never hear incidents of them or any United player for that matter missing training or whatnot.

I'll always keep reitarating that footballers deciding to spend their own personal time the way they choose shouldn't be bothering fans as long as they adhere to societal laws and morals and so far I haven't heard any such things about our current players.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Glad his recovery is going well. Marcus really does seem to have his head in the right place. Using his time off to do some good, and has no antics at all. Comes across as a very mature, humble and dedicated individual. Can't wait to have him back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I've personally never seen anything wrong with football players deciding to use their times away from the pitch enjoying themselves or doing anything as long as it's within the confine of the law and moral.

While people love criticizing players for their social media activities(a lazy cliché and criticism)etc, these same guys are very professional when it comes to football matters and their careers. We never hear incidents about them coming late for training or skipping training. They are all very fit and put in work which makes sense given how the modern game requires players to be in tip top shape.

Rashford just like Lingard goes out, goes to these shows, fashion and otherwise, he's photographed wearing gold chains, flies to Miami etc and I see nothing wrong with that. As long as they are professional, which they are because you never hear incidents of them or any United player for that matter missing training or whatnot.

I'll always keep reitarating that footballers deciding to spend their own personal time the way they choose shouldn't be bothering fans as long as they adhere to societal laws and morals and so far I haven't heard any such things about our current players.
Yea, I think football fans can be a bit obsessive at times. I’ve never liked the way fans feel entitled to so much of a person because he plays for their team. What music he likes, what clothes he likes, whether he spends his money on jewellery, whether he does enough charity work. It’s a reach, but I think a large part of it is due to us being in a content era. There is a thirst for content, and no shortage of outlets to discuss anything and everything in depth.

Rashford seems a good bloke, but I don’t see anything wrong with Lingard either. I’d be the first to lay into him about pathetic performances, but the fact that he likes to dance and joke or whatever is nobody’s concern. When they are not busy being our football players, they are just young men, and should be entitled to be that.

Everyone has a say about what is affecting a player’s football too - which is another annoying thing. Too much designer jackets is why he’s not doing well on the pitch. I mean!

Italians are generally not overly bothered about the national team and the same can be said of many parts of Spain (it’s split into different areas and some of them are very anti-Spain).

However, some countries tend to be more passionate about the national team - unsurprisingly it is usually the nations with weaker domestic leagues.
I know this is old but what?! Italy basically shuts down whenever the national team play an important game and the whole country spent June and July 2018 in a sulk.

Italians are not bothered when they're not winning, i think is the more appropriate phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.