Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Has he even missed one yet? He hasn't really taken that much anyway but the ones he does take are absolute belters. The only ones I can think of are PSG, Chelsea, Colombia pen shootout and Netherlands in the Nations League.
Let's not jinx the bloke.

Lentwood

Impressive if true.

Romelu Lukaku had scored about 65 senior goals by the age of 21/22 (just a quick look at Wikipedia didn't go into detail)

Also, how many games did Ronaldo or Henry play at CF at 21?

I'm not just aiming to knock Rashford but we have to be careful.....he was DREADFUL against Chelsea, bar the two goals. Now, I would happily take a dreadful performance and two goals every game, but since this is unlikely his all-round game really does need to improve and focusing purely on goals seems wrong

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's so easy to forget that he is still only 21. That's crazy young and yet he's already contributed to winning cups domestically and internationally, has proven he can score against top clubs and he has overall good stats for his age.

For comparison sake, at 21 years old:
  • Diego Costa moved to Atletico and then got loaned to Rayo Vallecano.
  • Drogba was 21 in fecking 1999. That's five years before he even moved to Chelsea and became an international star.
  • Kane's breakout year was 2014/15 when he started the season at 21 years old.
  • Around the age of 21, Lewandowski moved to Dortmund in 2010. But he broke through in 2011/12.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Has he even missed one yet? He hasn't really taken that much anyway but the ones he does take are absolute belters. The only ones I can think of are PSG, Chelsea, Colombia pen shootout and Netherlands in the Nations League.
He also took a good one for the U21s when he scored a hat-trick for them

Best one he took was the Colombia one... his first ever proper senior penalty in the pressure of a England World Cup penalty shoot-out and he smashed it into the bottom corner like it was the easiest thing in the world.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm not just aiming to knock Rashford but we have to be careful.....he was DREADFUL against Chelsea, bar the two goals. Now, I would happily take a dreadful performance and two goals every game, but since this is unlikely his all-round game really does need to improve and focusing purely on goals seems wrong
I'd say you're the one who needs to be careful capitalising the word dreadful like it's a fact when it's anything but

Lentwood

I'd say you're the one who needs to be careful capitalising the word dreadful like it's a fact when it's anything but
It's not a fact, it's an opinion. The informed opinion of someone who has watched 99% of United games since the early 90s. Does that mean I am categorically right....no....however, I stand by it because I think if you watched the game back, took out the two goals and didn't know the score, you would say Rashford was very poor.

At Manchester Utd, it's not enough just to score the odd goal here and there, you could choose 20 strikers from the PL who would get 10+ goals playing CF in this side. So what I look for is all-round contribution, link-up play, ball control, eye for a pass, decision-making......all lacking in Rashford last weekend

Bojan11

No idea why he decides to take those stupid free kicks from stupid distances.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Reverted back to his form from the end of last season tonight.

He should never be let near a free kick again in his life.
He tired towards the end of the game and that free kick was indeed atrocious, but 80% of the match he played really well. Not like last seasons fixture in the cup where he was atrocious. I'm first to stick the boot in when he's terrible but he was very good tonight.

Art Vandelay

Reverted back to his form from the end of last season tonight.

He should never be let near a free kick again in his life.
Him taking freekicks and that penalty fiasco are a sign of the lack of leadership in our starting 11. How has no one told him to stop shooting from them?

I thought he was very poor tonight. He might actually benefit from being dropped to get him to stop buying his own hype.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I have no idea why Rashford allowed Pogba to take the penalty when he has an unblemished record of 4 out of 4 scored.

Crazy and costly decision.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Him taking freekicks and that penalty fiasco are a sign of the lack of leadership in our starting 11. How has no one told him to stop shooting from them?

I thought he was very poor tonight. He might actually benefit from being dropped to get him to stop buying his own hype.
Nah, he barely gave the ball away, assisted for the goal and created one of the only other clear scoring chances we had. I dunno what people are smoking, I guess we all got different opinions. I'll happily call it when he's shite, because the tail end of last season was just abject, but I can't fathom how could think he was poor tonight. The free kick was terrible though.

Bwuk

He was fine.

The issue is only him and Martial carried any sort of threat amongst the front 4.

Chairman Steve

Who the feck gave him free kick duty. Unless the dead ball is central from 25-30 yards out where he can just absolutely leather it like Ronaldo and hope the ball a) swerves to deceive the keeper, b) pace beats keeper reflexes or c) all of the above... I don’t see how he helps.

siw2007

Mixed performance from him. Thought he was probably one of the best if not the best player on the pitch in the first half, in the second half he struggled a bit, he lost his head at 1 1, took a stupid free kick though he did recover a bit before taken off.

I would give him 6 out of 10 tonight.

L1nk

Have absolutely no idea how he's got it into his head that he even has a third of the ability that Ronaldo has, but someone needs to take him to the side and tell him to stop those embarassing freekicks, to shoot like that from 40 yards after we got everyone up from the back was an absolute joke.

Love the guy and there's a player there but he needs to stop making stupid decisions like this.

Hoof the ball

Rashford is capable of the sublime and the absurd. His goal scoring often obscures his decision making. He’s so prone to loose and erroneous passes or head-down dribbles into more congested areas. He is still only 21, however, in the modern game, especially with as minutes as he has under his belt, much more is expected in this regard. His superb physicality buys him out of some situations, but his general play needs to mature in the event that he becomes less reliant upon his genetic gifts.

RooneyLegend

Should be coming off the bench to give us an impact if we were a serious team. We arent so hes one of the main men. As someone said he goes from dire to great back to dire really quickly.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Was really good in the 1st half. Even his decision making was top-notch.

Went down in the 2nd half and that free-kick was just... No words.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he was good to be honest, he does make some poor decisions every now and then but you can tell oppo' teams don't know what to do about him. He's inconsistent but he's only 21, it happens, glad to have him in our team, put it this way, I'd dread to play against him. He destroyed two of them with two touches in the first half.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
What was his free kick about :lol:

He had an okay game I guess. Hopefully he has a decent game at home against Palace.

I also think Rashford should bet left on Pen duty only. Take away free kicks from him. It's a pointless endeavour, we just waste free kicks by handing them over to Rashford since he thinks he can score directly with every free kicks no matter the distance or angle.

He's shown himself to be a pretty good penalty taker so far(though very small sample of 2 pens) so I'd have him on pen duty bur far away from free kicks

AJ10

Created 2 chances for us but then does dumb stuff like taking that freekick from .................................................. that far out.

VJ1762

I am not his biggest fan, but he was good today, especially in the first half. He created our 2 chances in the first half, and one of them led to a goal. He faded in the second half, but that is to be expected from his playing style where he runs all day. The board has let Ole and fans down by not buying attackers and midfielders, and most of the time, it is only Pogba, martial and rashford who are creating and scoring. The board has to be proactive in the next 2 windows, if we ever want to be on top again.

And that skill in the first half was so good.:drool:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Stop taking those stupid fecking free kicks.

Does my head in.
The real question is how has he not been removed from free kicks duty. His free kicks have always been abysmal yet he's the first to them. I don't understand how that happen. We're wasting away dead balls situations chances.

Same with pens in regard to Pogba. We need a new designated pen taker.

Created 2 chances for us but then does dumb stuff like taking that freekick from .................................................. that far out.
And at that angle, he tried to go direct on goal :lol:

Adamsk7

For me, clear improvements from last year. Two games in and he’s making stuff happen for us when we need him. Set up the goal, nearly set up Martial before that and probably should (and would) have converted the penalty.

can’t ask much more of him. I think sometimes we forget he’s 21 and still learning. He’s getting more mature by the game IMO. Soon he’ll stop those ridiculous free kicks!

Irwin99

Great first half, created our two biggest chances. Good start to the season. Please stop doing those long range free kicks.

Devil may care

Promising connection between him and Martial, Rashford seems to be accepting the move to the LWF role well and excelling in it, he needs to give his head a wobble with those free-kicks though. :lol:

OL29

Think he’ll have his most productive season for us so far, his decision making seems to be getting better (bar his free kicks obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.