5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

He's been playing okay. What are people on about?
Also He doesn't play as CF anymore. Remember?
He is playing okay. But we want the Rashford who is full of confidence.

There were a few occasions yesterday where I thought, go on have a go at the defender when he was one on one. He slowed the game down and it just seemed he lacks a bit of confidence.

I am not worried yet, I fully expect him to rediscover his form.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
His biggest issue yesterday was that he was just really slowing the game. Every time he got the ball he took 3/4 touches before releasing it and also didn’t really go at his man. I’m certainly not too worried at the moment as we know he’s better than this, but he does also need to get going soon if we want a chance at winning everything.

Having said all that, I’ll echo the sentiments said by others in this thread, his passing looks okay. Played a couple of good passes to shaw which were well timed, so that’s a positive change. Just needs that bit extra conviction at the moment.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He desperately needs a goal.

Also seems to be playing wider than he was earlier in the season when he was banging them in. Not sure why but he's not in the positions he was finding himself in to score before his injury/the break.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He was alright. Just not sure why he isn't being more direct: that's when he's at his most dangerous.

Can't tell if maybe there's tactics there, as Shaw is often overlapping so I wonder if he's been told to wait.

Will come good, just give him more minutes.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Everyone forgets he was severely injured and not at the same level as everyone else in the team in terms of match fitness and form when we returned. He's doing fine. I reckon the next 2 games we'll start to see him getting back to his level ( not fully) but we have to remember that even being behind the others he's contributing to the matches. Its the same for Pogba who's also nowhere near his best form.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Does anyone think his starting position's been a bit deep lately? Also he seems to always come really deep to get the ball off Luke (to the point that he's like 5 yards away) and never really runs in behind for Luke to play a pass. He prefers to be the one passing.
He stays wide to receive the ball in the final third too more often now. Both wingers are instructed to drop deeper and help in the build-up whenever the ball is on their side of the pitch. If they drag the opposition FB with them, it's even better for us since we've got pace to burn on both flanks of the field. But it doesn't happen in a way that confines us in our own half like it used to happen under Mourinho. Whenever, early in our build-up, Pogba gets on the ball while facing the whole of the pitch, Rashford is always looking for a run in behind the defence. Even if the long diagonal doesn't reach him, we have stretched the defence and we can collect the second ball and keep going.

Now, getting on the ball in the final third near the sideline isn't exactly his forte since he's primarily an inside forward. The closer to the box he receives the ball, the more lethal he can be. But with Martial, Bruno and Pogba, all thriving in the spaces between the lines, Rashford has to find some breathing space for himself again. He does seem to slow things down a bit but that's just early days. Plus, he's not a natural wide-playmaker or a Hazard-type of a winger which means that he will need help from his teammates too. I believe that whenever Shaw and Martial are playing well, Rashford will also look much better. In the last couple of matches, it's Shaw who has benefitted more from the little triangle between these three. One can hope that they will develop an even better understanding between them the more they play together.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Maybe its confidence thing after his injury, but he needs to offer on the left what Mason has been on the right. When he gets the ball at the corner of the 18 yard box, defenders crap themselves because he's so lethal.

Rashford has got the attributes to do this and has done so, but looks reluctant since the restart.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He had some rusty touches, dribbles and a wild shot that was well off target but I thought he had a bigger impact on the game than Martial did. He put Shaw in 3 times with key passes and at least found some space for a shot or two even if they werent great efforts.

Martial didn't play any key balls that I can remember seeing and didn't have a single attempt at goal on or off target amazingly.

Still...... Its refreshing that the two men we've have been so reliant on had quite average games and we won 3 nil away from home. Sign of good things to come.

No worries about any of the front 3. All getting better and in Rashfords case hes had an injury that RVP described as a potential career breaker so I'm prepared to cut him some slack and let him get back to his best.

Stevondo8

As most have said, he’s been ok lately, form will come with game time after the injury/break.

The pace he showed on the counter for 3rd goal was frightening though, would like to know what he clocked there, and if he doesn’t make that run then the Brighton left back would have been much closer to Bruno so no volley.

Stacks

Maybe its confidence thing after his injury, but he needs to offer on the left what Mason has been on the right. When he gets the ball at the corner of the 18 yard box, defenders crap themselves because he's so lethal.

Rashford has got the attributes to do this and has done so, but looks reluctant since the restart.
Hasn't played much football in 6 months as he has been injured since 11th Jan. Probably not confident in his striking

Fosu-Mens

Yesterday he was back to the Mourinho era Rashford in doing everything himself. Hopefully, he can go back to the pre-injury Rashford where he did not only run at the defence and attempting shots from everywhere on the pitch.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Desperately need someone down that left side who can pick a man out in the box. Rashford will always be erratic and Shaw couldn't pick a cross if his life depended on it. On the rare occasion they do cross, 9 times out of 10 it's straight to the opposition. Brunos' second goal came from a great left wing cross from Greenwood..

Tiber

We would hit another level if Rashford could regain his previous form.

It's totally understandable with the injury and Covid disruption, but he is a long way short of his previous excellence

Roane

Rashford has the makings of a great player for us. But IMHO if we are to progress and challenge next season we need a proven for a season or two.

This would ease pressure on him and help his development. Same with martial.

Sylar

A goal would help him, but some of his passing has been great post lockdown break. I do think were lucky that we can play him out to regain it, as mason/martial and our midfield are really on it right now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Desperately need someone down that left side who can pick a man out in the box. Rashford will always be erratic and Shaw couldn't pick a cross if his life depended on it. On the rare occasion they do cross, 9 times out of 10 it's straight to the opposition. Brunos' second goal came from a great left wing cross from Greenwood..
Until he bangs in a brace from the left and you pretend you never said this?

Greenwood will probably have a run of bad games you will be saying same about him.

What has happened to our fans on here? Jesus wept.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Until he bangs in a brace from the left and you pretend you never said this?

Greenwood will probably have a run of bad games you will be saying same about him.

What has happened to our fans on here? Jesus wept.
If he bangs in a brace from the left that's great and the sort of thing he should be doing. Currently he's miles off and I'm not having a party just because he completes a few square and backward passes.
He's in a position where the plan is to be a danger to the opposition ie go past the fullback, whip in a decent cross or maybe even shoot on target.
Maybe he will come good again but too many here happy with 5 out of 10 performances.
This is Man United not Stoke..

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

His passing has improved so much. Not every pass is difficult in this compilation but this is from games after restart.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If he bangs in a brace from the left that's great and the sort of thing he should be doing. Currently he's miles off and I'm not having a party just because he completes a few square and backward passes.
He's in a position where the plan is to be a danger to the opposition ie go past the fullback, whip in a decent cross or maybe even shoot on target.
Maybe he will come good again but too many here happy with 5 out of 10 performances.
Maybe he will? Of course he will. He's one of our best players and just been out with a career threatening injury. His form will come back.

Martial had even less impact on the game. Zero key passes and not a single shot on or off target. But he scores 3 last week so you say nothing.

Support the team and players. We are playing well ffs.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Maybe he will? Of course he will. He's one of our best players and just been out with a career threatening injury. His form will come back.

Martial had even less impact on the game. Zero key passes and not a single shot on or off target. But he scores 3 last week so you say nothing.

Don't think I said anything about Martial when he got his hat trick either. He's there to score goals so he did his job for a change. I've criticised him plenty here and will continue if he dips below expected standards, same for anyone in the team.
Been following United since the seventies and they've improved lately but there's a hell of a long way to go.

He'sRaldo

You keep slating Martial when trying to defend Rashford, and yet you say support the team and players.

A bit contradictory, no?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You keep slating Martial when trying to defend Rashford, and yet you say support the team and players.

A bit contradictory, no?
Not really no because I'm not unhappy with Martial either. I'm just merely pointing out there's a clear agenda towards Rashford on here. The same morons who were calling him Rashford 18 months ago.

We have some of the worst fans in the world. Best we've played in ages the other night and the match thread was a disgrace.

Rashford has had a brilliant season for us. People have short memories. In fact until he got hurt I'd say he was probably fav for club player of the year.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thanks for that, for a moment I thought we were Stoke.

Whip in a decent cross, do people only care about crosses from wide players? He won't whip in crosses as we don't have target man or any attacker who is good header of the ball. Our game plan is not to whip crosses, it's to play quick one twos to unlock defenses.

I agree with the point that he is not playing to his potential, he is subdued and reluctant to take on defenders after the restart. His playing style has changed too, instead of taking on defenders, he is making use of overlapping runs to make space for Shaw.

Web of Bissaka

I noticed he drifted more to RW in the latest game.

Even swapped positions with Greenwood few times during open play.

Possible future shift in roles?
"Wing Switch" tactical strategy is returning?

Shark

@NotShark

His passing has improved so much. Not every pass is difficult in this compilation but this is from games after restart.
It almost reminds me of Giggs role on the left in his later years, wasn't just a threat in terms of dribbling past a few, but was a creative influence also. I like this Rashford in a team where others can also take on the scoring burden.

BABY_FACED_ASSASIN

Imo i think rashford improved his decision making, doing the basics right but is not taking on players, that might be a confidence issue or coaching instruction. Hopefully, he will score goals in the weekend to boost his confidence and if he doesn't score we should still back him, he shouldn't force things and try to shoot everytime to score that will affect the team.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

His finishing instinct hasn’t really been there and he seems to be snatching at a lot of chances but outside of that his approach play and passing has been really good. I’d maybe even go as far to say there has been an improvement there.
He‘s actually started noticing Shaw’s over laps and playing passes to him. Probably picked out more of his runs since lockdown than their whole United careers combined.

Do hope he gets his goal soon mind. Think he just needs one to go in some way.

Swiss_Red89

Rashford has a very good cross in him and has shown this several times in his career so far.

I agree he hasn't been at his best since restart, but he deserves patience. We're winning, we're playing entertaining football and he contributes to that so far. So no complaints from my side.

-Supreme-

This side of his game has definitely improved, not only his passing but his decision making has looked more matured.

Ole and his team have clearly worked with him on this in training, this shouldn't be underestimated as well.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He seems to find himself well outside the box during our attacks after Shaw has overlapped, a few occasions I thought he would bust a gut into the box.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Quite sure Shaw has done a couple very good pull-backs of late, one of which being for Bruno's goal for example just before Pogba squared it off to him.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Quite sure Shaw has done a couple very good pull-backs of late, one of which being for Bruno's goal for example just before Pogba squared it off to him.
That was the one which was meant for Martial but hit Dunk and fortunately ran to Pogba. Martial was the easy pass but got nowhere near him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That was the one which was meant for Martial but hit Dunk and fortunately ran to Pogba. Martial was the easy pass but got nowhere near him.
:lol: what a joke, it was a fine cutback which is why it led to a goal. What's more is he fizzed a brilliant ball in for martial to assist Ighalos brace against Norwich on top.

UnitedChampionsAgain

:lol: what a joke, it was a fine cutback which is why it led to a goal. What's more is he fizzed a brilliant ball in for martial to assist Ighalos brace against Norwich on top.
Yeah I always find mis-hit crosses so funny. We've so much to laugh at .

UnitedChampionsAgain

Mishit crosses? You think Shaw had "mishit" the crosses that led to goals? Jesus you're agenda driven
Was talking about the Fernandes goal. Martial was 5 yards away and Shaw couldn't find him. It was a deflection off Dunk which fell to Pogba who then played in Fernandes.
He's not getting player of the year for pulling off one intended cross to Oghalo.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Against Sheffield he was always running into space but missed chances. Against Brighton he seem to be dropping deep instead. He might be underperforming but he's adding more to his game

Status
Not open for further replies.