5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

His passing recently has been outstanding. Never knew he had this kind of vision in him. Hasn't stopped developing since his debut, his mentality is very Ronaldo-esque.

Runaway Sue

I feel his ball control and first touch is one of his best attributes. Countless times you see him pick a ball out of the sky and slip it through a defenders legs.

Great first touch from that Pogba pass to get in behind near the end of the game. Alongside his passing it’s one part of his game that has come on leaps and bounds.
His ball controll isnt bad at all, its very good. I was just using that in comparison to Marial, Greenwood and Sancho. Greenwood is a rookie and havnt played a lot, but ive seen him in the u18 and u23. I think we need to give Rashford some time, we have changed tactics since the break and he has yet to find his place, some times i feel he is a littble bit lost? But that will come. I didnt mean to throw shade at Rashford. Im just happy we have these 4 (soon) players playing for us!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah a few occasions where I did think go on go and beat your man.

I don’t know if his game is just maturing? Or he’s struggling with something. It’s fine because with the overlap we look very dangerous.

AshRK

He is modifying his game which he seems to be doing amazingly well. Should have had 2 assists. Still feel he can be direct sometimes and not always act like a playmaker.

Runaway Sue

It is a ridiculous cliche that has stuck because they can't accept how much he has improved and the different facets of his game that he has shown this season.

The only thing that he has been slightly rusty at is his finishing.
Cliche? Well, i only post what i see :) His first touch compared to Martial and Sancho isnt as good. I Compared those 4 players, Greenwood included.
I didnt say it was bad. I dont know where you got that from.

jesperjaap

Am I the only person thought he was very average today? His link up play is improving, but some of thes KDBesque, Ronaldoesque, complete player comments seem a little ludicrous to me.

Dont get me wrong, I do like Rashford, I think he is worthy of his place in the side, is talented, is a player that loves and represents the club well too. But ever since he has broken through, many seem to see him as a player with world class potential to be one of our great players. I dont see him at that level personally and if we are signing Sancho or Grealish, people shouldnt be concerned about Greenwood keeping his place and developing, more so Rashford.

Greenwood is already for me developing into the player many fans seem to think that Rashford is.

Prodigal7

Thought he did well today. Needs some shooting practice but that’s nothing new.
Really good on the edge of the box feeding Shaw and playing some intricate balls forward.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Quiet first half but a much more influential second half.

One aspect of his game I'm enjoying is his passing. Its improved tenfold.

Prodigal7

Link up with Shaw was great. Seemed less selfish and more creative.
Agreed. Unfortunately the more creative and less selfish he is the more the cafe seems to criticise him for not taking more low probability runs at goal. Thought he was almost flawless other than a few skewed shots.

Runaway Sue

Am I the only person thought he was very average today? His link up play is improving, but some of thes KDBesque, Ronaldoesque, complete player comments seem a little ludicrous to me.

Dont get me wrong, I do like Rashford, I think he is worthy of his place in the side, is talented, is a player that loves and represents the club well too. But ever since he has broken through, many seem to see him as a player with world class potential to be one of our great players. I dont see him at that level personally and if we are signing Sancho or Grealish, people shouldnt be concerned about Greenwood keeping his place and developing, more so Rashford.

Greenwood is already for me developing into the player many fans seem to think that Rashford is.
I agree. But, as ive said before, we use a different approach to games now with both pogba and bruno in midfield. Weve gone from a counter attacking team to a controlling team. He will adjust and find his role. I dont belive in that "hes been gone a long time". I think he is just adjusting to our new approach and he will in due time.

spiriticon

He was very average as a goalscorer if you only see that very strictly. But he's doing more now when he's not scoring, which is a sign of development.

Before lockdown, all you get is head down charge at goal and shoot high and wide. Now he looks up, sees and thinks.

Great.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Apart from a few passes these last few weeks, his game hasn't looked that sharp to me. Are people calling him KDBesque? Just last week he was giving the ball away for fun in one game.

Ace of Spades

Cliche? Well, i only post what i see :) His first touch compared to Martial and Sancho isnt as good. I Compared those 4 players, Greenwood included.
I didnt say it was bad. I dont know where you got that from.
But it is just as good. And yes it is a cliche, because his touch is just as good as Martial or Sancho. The area that he is worse in is his dribbling, which is not as good as those two.

eire-red

Unlucky not to have a couple of assists or goals in the game, but a sign of his development that he was a constant threat, and created some key moments for us.

Would still like to see more direct runs from him, especially the out to in type you see with Salah so often.

What pleases me the most is the contribution now of Rashford and Martial even when not scoring. Working for the team, pressing, making runs, creating space, it's all been good.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rubbish first half but went up a level or two in the second. Really great watch.

norm87cro

The Wan Bissak pass should have been a goal. And that wasn't down to him. Should have scored the Pogba through ball though. 7 out of 10

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Great partnership with Shaw,btw.
A good sign of our progression is the partnerships we're developing all over the field.

Adamsk7

I always have to remember when being harsh on him that he’s still only 22. He’s got a long way to go before he gets to his best and has a lot of development left.
for now, I’m very happy with his progress. He’s come back from a bad injury to an area that is sure to give him some mental issues initially so he’s just getting up to speed.Hes a constant threat and the goals will come for sure. Still his best season for the club so far.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Unlucky not to have a couple of assists or goals in the game, but a sign of his development that he was a constant threat, and created some key moments for us.

Would still like to see more direct runs from him, especially the out to in type you see with Salah so often.

What pleases me the most is the contribution now of Rashford and Martial even when not scoring. Working for the team, pressing, making runs, creating space, it's all been good.
agreed and now we have bags of quality where we can rely on others to get the ball in the net.

He is so unlucky at the moment, my theory is that the tories have put a revenge spell on him for forcing them to feed hungry kids.

WyoManU

I don't think he has been bad but I think he has been average at best since the restart. If Sancho comes he will be benched.

jesperjaap

I agree. But, as ive said before, we use a different approach to games now with both pogba and bruno in midfield. Weve gone from a counter attacking team to a controlling team. He will adjust and find his role. I dont belive in that "hes been gone a long time". I think he is just adjusting to our new approach and he will in due time.
I totally understand with what you are saying with how we have approved and adapting to it, however I think it is just a current confidence and inconsistency issue. All players have it, but has has been up and down throughout his career. Every three months he seems to go from beign a world beater in peoples eyes to not good enough.....for me he is very much inbetween

jesperjaap

He was very average as a goalscorer if you only see that very strictly. But he's doing more now when he's not scoring, which is a sign of development.

Before lockdown, all you get is head down charge at goal and shoot high and wide. Now he looks up, sees and thinks.

Great.
Never seen him as a goal scorer. I was infuriated in fact that for so long we seemed to be playing Martial on the left and Rashford up front, was obvious they were the wrong way round.

Yes I think facets of his game are improving and he is maturing. As I said I like him, think he is talented....I basically really dont think he is as talented as so many fans seem to think though

Some great passing today, it's really gone up a notch since lockdown. Loves those stepovers into a clip for an overlapping Shaw. This new wide playmaker role is interesting and I guess I can't complain since we're winning and playing so well, but I miss him running at defenders. Still would've had a few assists if not for some poor finishes. Should have finished that chance at the end, think an open play goal would do him a world of good.

jesperjaap

I always have to remember when being harsh on him that he’s still only 22. He’s got a long way to go before he gets to his best and has a lot of development left.
for now, I’m very happy with his progress. He’s come back from a bad injury to an area that is sure to give him some mental issues initially so he’s just getting up to speed.Hes a constant threat and the goals will come for sure. Still his best season for the club so far.
Think the main reason Martial and Rashford are having there best seasons is they are playing in the positions they should have been from the start of there time here.

spiriticon

Never seen him as a goal scorer. I was infuriated in fact that for so long we seemed to be playing Martial on the left and Rashford up front, was obvious they were the wrong way round.

Yes I think facets of his game are improving and he is maturing. As I said I like him, think he is talented....I basically really dont think he is as talented as so many fans seem to think though
It's hard to say. Everyone says Mason reminds them of RVP, but I say Rashford now reminds me of young winger Cristiano Ronaldo. Playing in a very similar style and hitting the ball the same way.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He was ok tonight but he is currently the weakest link in the team. If Sancho comes in it should be Rashford dropping to the bench over Martial or Greenwood.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The thing is. He has a bit of a reputation for being our main guy, so teams see Rashford on the edge of the box and make sure to send someone out quickly. He has probably been told to take advantage of that by being less selfish now that we have more threats around him. Once teams recognise that Rashford goes for the pass more often they'll eventually adjust, and at that point it's up to Rashford to change his approach again to take advantage of the space he gets, be more direct and his goal tally will rise from this.

Our whole front 3, including Rashford, is a nightmare for defenders with all the dynamic movement and fluid football, players changing positions etc... The maturity Rashford displays right now is truly appreciated, as it contributes heavily into the form and consistency of the team.

Also, he should have had a penalty. I don't know why it wasn't reviewed by VAR. Seemed a stonewall penalty to me. Defender goes for the ball, attacker gets there first and get taken out from the impact of the running defender. I don't understand, that was always a penalty. I would like to see it again but couldn't find a video of it.

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

His passing has certainly improved in the final third, still wish he would attack his defender more 1vs1, should of had an assist and a goal himself today.

Runaway Sue

But it is just as good. And yes it is a cliche, because his touch is just as good as Martial or Sancho. The area that he is worse in is his dribbling, which is not as good as those two.
The cliche is that he doesnt have a good first touch. Thats the cliche. I never said he had a bad first touch. I said, Greenwood, Sancho and Martial have better first touch. I never said Rashford has bad first touch. You can argue his first touch is as good as them, but that doesnt mean my post was a cliche. If i said; Rashford has shite first touch, youd be right. But i didnt, did i?

Runaway Sue

I totally understand with what you are saying with how we have approved and adapting to it, however I think it is just a current confidence and inconsistency issue. All players have it, but has has been up and down throughout his career. Every three months he seems to go from beign a world beater in peoples eyes to not good enough.....for me he is very much inbetween
I agree with you. Im on the fence with Rashford.. kinda.. I dont think he is good enough to spearhead us forward.
edit: i do however think he has an important role to play for us.

Last edited:

RedCurry

I like this more measured and controlled Rashford.

I’ve always been of the opinion that he needed to slow his game down a bit and only use pace in certain situations. I feel like he’s intentionally or unintentionally doing that and getting his head up a lot more as a consequence.

Goals will come, I am not worried.

Runaway Sue

I’ve always been of the opinion that he needed to slow his game down a bit and only use pace in certain situations. I feel like he’s intentionally or unintentionally doing that and getting his head up a lot more as a consequence.

Goals will come, I am not worried.
[/QUOTE]
You are implying he is to fast in his thought that our other players cant keep up? I think its the opposite, he some times slow down the play

Mr Smith

Think the main reason Martial and Rashford are having there best seasons is they are playing in the positions they should have been from the start of there time here.
Also they're getting consistent game time. Under Jose it was on and off for both of them, sometimes they'd get a run of games but usually it'd be one or two games starting followed by several from the bench or left out entirely. The consistency and faith shown by the manager has done them both wonders.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The only people stopping him right now is either the keeper or himself. He's a defenders nightmare. And some of his passing has been outstanding. The goals will start to come again. I have no doubt about that...

Revan

Assumptionman
His passing on the zone or near it is insane. Like all the other players are in slow-motion, it looks that simple for him.

marc1_007

Spare a thought for poor Harry Kane now being managed by Mourinho, Rashford and Martial had three years of their footballing development wasted, now we will begin to see the real players emerge.

Rashford was a playmaker with the youth team, but you would have never known that because all everyone thought of him was that he was a pace merchant but now you are seeing the game is slowing down for him and he is using his intelligence a lot more and I would even go as far as to say that If I saw him for the first time and I did not know he was Explosively fast, I'd think he was a proper playmaker with the amount of chances he has created since the restart, he should easily have at least an assist a game if not more and a couple of goals at the very least but as he gets fitter and into the next season, you will see a scary front three because the real Anthony Martial we saw in his first season has emerged and finally Pogba is playing without any pressure and what can I say about Greenwood, Obviously Bruno is the catalyst that put it all together but it all started with getting rid of Mourinho and bringing in a good Man Manager because you can clearly see that the players are responding to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.