Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He was nowhere near bad as some make it out. He was actually one of our better players today, he was involved in majority of chances we created today. Our midfield gave him nothing today, it's ridiculous how much we depend on his creativity up front, we literally spend entire game giving him the ball and waiting for him to do something with it.

His set pieces are awful though, it makes you question his teammates when he is on them after so many shit attempts.
He’s nowhere £250k a week player either. He’s a fairly talented lad that needs a lot of work still. He plays without an ounce of foresight, though.

redIndianDevil

He has got some skill, his pace, movement is all good but I don't think he has ever improved his touch, passing or dribbling, his improvement has stagnated and if he doesn't strive to improve himself, he will go down way too soon, any top manager with decent options would drop him in an instant right now

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He should take a few hints from James on the left. Much much higher tempo needed. You can’t get the ball and wait 2-3 seconds for the opposition to set up their whole defence. Get moving, dribble, pass, 1-2 something

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Would so many persist with Rashford if he didn't come through our academy? I don't think he's good enough to be a starter here if we want to compete for anything.

Luke1995

That is because we were a counter attacking team under mourinho. He isnt doing anything different now that he wasn't doing then. However under Ole he has to think a bit more and work in tight spaces in our new possession orientated system so he struggles. Its why I never understood why he is rated so highly when he is one dimensional.
People were excited about his pace and his overall movement, myself included. He lacks better playmaking and link-up play clearly. Sometimes overthinks too much before shooting.

Fracture90

He's got all the physical tools but his footballing IQ isn't on pair. Think him being one of Ole's favourites is detrimental to him because his behavior is of the one who's not answering to anyone. Hogging on the ball, making wrong choices for final pass, shooting from ridiculous positions, calling dibs on each and every free kick…he's not playing like a team player.

Omahahaha

He's got all the physical tools but his footballing IQ isn't on pair. Think him being one of Ole's favourites is detrimental to him because his behavior is of the one who's not answering to anyone. Hogging on the ball, making wrong choices for final pass, shooting from ridiculous positions, calling dibs on each and every free kick…he's not playing like a team player.
Agreed. Too much, too soon.

3KDré

I don't think he's actually a very good dribbler. His tricks and pace get along most of the time but in tight spaces at times his control is lacking.

Alexit

Annoyingly brainless player, how old is he again? Will he ever mature? Does he realize he's on a team? His decision making is absolutely shocking.

ash_86

His corners omg. I'm just watching taa deliver balls right in the mix while our guy hits it to the keeper. Does no one check him?

SATA

He really needed to score from that peach of a pass from Harry Maguire. Just take it in his stride and bang left foot bottom corner. Instead he got his toes all mixed up and falls on his arse

IAmAWinner

Doubt he will ever be good enough to be our starting striker. I'd sell him tbh, but that wont happen obviously.

el3mel

You are a legend.
I seriously burst out laughing at this. He really thinks he is Ronaldo doesn't he ?
It happened at one point. He wasn't like that when he was first promoted. At one point some idiot in the club probably told him he's the new Ronaldo and since he has been doing nothing except trying to imitate Ronaldo's run, cross and kick in every ball. It looks stupid 90% of time but he doesn't stop. It's too much into his head now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It happened at one point. He wasn't like that when he was first promoted. At one point some idiot in the club probably told him he's the new Ronaldo and since he has been doing nothing except trying to imitate Ronaldo's run, cross and kick in every ball. It looks stupid 90% of time but he doesn't stop. It's too much into his head now.
Someone is enablig him for sure. Rashford, just like Pogba, plays with his worst football when he tries to be a hero

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I wonder if his improvement has stagnated because of the United team he's been in, on the pitch and off it.

Classical Mechanic

He was nowhere near bad as some make it out. He was actually one of our better players today, he was involved in majority of chances we created today. Our midfield gave him nothing today, it's ridiculous how much we depend on his creativity up front, we literally spend entire game giving him the ball and waiting for him to do something with it.

His set pieces are awful though, it makes you question his teammates when he is on them after so many shit attempts.
I agree with you, set pieces aside he was one of our better players. In the Pogba thread a lot of his fans say that Pogba's the only one with guts to try and make something happen but Rashford is trying to make things happen too.

OL29

Yeah I think the club inflated his ego, the fans and the media played their part too with the dumb comparisons to Mbappe and what not.
I really like Rashford but he needs to realise that he still has a lot to prove as a player, naturally for someone of his age. He’d do well to keep it simple at times.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would so many persist with Rashford if he didn't come through our academy? I don't think he's good enough to be a starter here if we want to compete for anything.
Yes, he's a brilliant young attacking player that most clubs in the world would love to have in their squads to develop. He's 21, loads of time on his hands to improve (and is at a very decent level as it is anyway). I mean ffs he wasn't even bad today, he's just a bit annoying with his shots from range (and not being great at set pieces).

Eddy_JukeZ

He was frankly terrible.

That gif @GifLord posted of his volley from that distance when we're DOWN 1-0 was a complete disgrace.

He thinks he's way better than he is and someone at the club clearly does too.

He gets paid the big bucks and serves up a performance like that.

Bwuk

Dreadful today.

We’ve brought this upon ourselves. We are utterly reliant on him and Martial, a pair of kids.

Renegade

I hate how much importance he seems to have at the club. As soon as he was given the number 10 shirt last season I started to worry.

Renegade

Pogba’s reaction is very telling. And people wonder why he can’t wait to get the hell out of here. His wasting prime years here playing with kids and untalented players. That chip to Rashford is so intricate and clever then the kid goes and does that. No wonder he looks like a kid on a school trip when he goes on international duty and links up with Griezmann & Mbappe.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I fell asleep for a lot of the match only caught last ten minutes, where he looked decent. That clip though fffffssss! That's the kind of madness inducing sh*t he was up to last season. Def hairdryer needed after that when we've lost to fecking Palace.

If that happened in a game circa year 2000, Roy Keane would legit be in prison for GBH shortly after.

Also was that the loose ball that ended up crocking Martial? Saw him basically limping at the end of the game.

Last edited:

Devil may care

He's so erratic and I do think he's bought into his own hype, but today he also played the one creative pass we opened them up with when he played Martial in and Cahill should have been sent off.

red4ever 79

Shitter than s*it today. Awful on free kicks, awful penalty. One shot he took in the second half from about 30 yards out was embarrasing. Bad thing is we havent got anyone else to play

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I agree with you, set pieces aside he was one of our better players. In the Pogba thread a lot of his fans say that Pogba's the only one with guts to try and make something happen but Rashford is trying to make things happen too.
Yep, whenever we start dominating posession our plan is tjusy to give the ball to Rashford and expect him to do everything himself.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Shitter than s*it today. Awful on free kicks, awful penalty. One shot he took in the second half from about 30 yards out was embarrasing. Bad thing is we havent got anyone else to play
The pen wasn't really awful. More like unlucky.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
From top of my head I can remember great pass for Shaw in the penalty box when he had at least 3 or 4 players surrounding him, his involvement for our goal, nice pass for Martial when he would have one on one with the keeper if he wasn't fouled, started that nice counter attack when he messed up a pass(even though he wasn't really at fault for that, movement from James and Martial was seriously shit and they messed up that counter more than him), also put James one or two times in decent positions, and that penalty appeal(that could have been penalty on another day) all were pretty much decent goalscoring chances that he was either involved or created alone. If he had scored that penalty it would have been very good game for him, but to say that he was our worst player is ridiculous.

I think people are just annoyed at some things he does like that shot, free kicks, etc. so they start hating him for every wrong thing he does, even though our entire team can't do basic stuff right but are mostly less involved than him so don't annoy our fans, but yet we have 21 year old who is not afraid to try things and who doesn't shy away from responsibility. It's our manager's fault that lots of responsibility is down to inconsistent young talented player that is Rashford.

Last edited:

Jacob

Very poor to miss the penalty, especially when he knew how much it would mean and how the previous penalty went.

LoneStar

Started off well enough and then gradually became bad and then worse.

Second half he was horrible misplacing simple passes and that one aimless shot from long range when he had so many other options was the low point.

I felt that his confidence took a steep dive once he missed the penalty.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I love how he wants to copy the ine aspect of CR7 game; utterly pants free kicks. Ronaldo has an appalling record of free kicks.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is not as good as he think, that much is clear. I think he'll be a very good player once he himself understands this. He needs to simply be at a point in his life where he can accept that he might not reach the heights of Ronaldo, Messi etc just by working hard, and that it is ok to not be all that. Hopefully he'll realise this before its too late, and just stop playing the imitating game and be a player in his own right instead. No shame in that.

Foxbatt

There are players that need a pat on the back and players who need the hairdryer treatment and Rashford needs the hairdryer. Now he may be getting it and still continue to play like that and if so it is the Manager's fault. Ole should either tell him to get his act together or else drop him for a game.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Has to understand that United are the only club who would pay his exorbitant wages. He's paid 250k per week to perform to an acceptable level now, not next month, next season or whenever. No excuses. Needs to buck up his ideas or grab his boots and bog off.

Status
Not open for further replies.