Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If it's important that the collective is creative, that very collective is made up of individuals. So we need creative individuals.

So we need Rashford and Martial to be creative so the collective can be creative.

And not for the collective to be creative so Rashford and Martial can score.

Stupidity is worse than obsession.
Good thing you've got both covered then.

Wrong again. We need Martial and Rashford to improve and become more creative but even greater is the need for the collective (which is more than 2 footballers one being the number 9 btw) to become more fluid, cohesive, functional and creative machinery. This will happen through top class coaching, developing players and adding them in positions where we are weak (such as midfield).

But nah, let's just be obtuse and pin everything on two players because..logic.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He really needs to work on his hold up / link up play.

We know he can finish but we regularly knock the ball up to him and he struggles to hold it up.

Having a front line of him, mata and pereira no wonder we lose the ball so often.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is just not a main striker for me. Two things what make good no9 he just doesn't have at all. He is not good in air( he doesn't even attack the ball) and especially his positioning in penalty box. He is never near the ball.

I like him on the wing. Where he has space, can cut inside, he has good cross, speed, good dribble when he is in full speed and his complete movement as a winger is much more natural than as a striker. If Martial can't play i would rather that we play with Greenwood as striker and stick with Rashford on the wing. We are trying to make striker of potentially very good inside forward

Martialfc

If a player is on 200k-300k a week I expect him to perform like he is. People get frustrated with players on these wages. I understand people may argue that it’s not the players fault that they’ve been given these ridiculous contracts and over inflated valuations but when we see the likes of Neymar and Mbappe on similar wages we expect Rashford to be a similar player. When in fact he’s so far from it it’s untrue. Basically the problem lies with the board and Ed Woodward but fans will vent their anger at the players as they are the ones we watch every week.

doriandun

Rashford just like Linguard and Pogba could find their international positions in a state of flux in an unexpected downward trajection.

With the likes of Tammy Abraham pushing on, he could very easily be number two behind Kane, and with Sancho looking at better fit for England on the left, at club level, the left hand berth is James to loose, whilst up top i think Martial will be number one.
Linguard, could be also in trouble with CHO to come back from injury and Sterling a nailed on starter.

Pogba will also need to up his overall game, as if Ndombele clicks with Sissoko at Spurs, i can very easily see him being number one option alongside Kante, you also have Tolisso and Matuidi who can play there.

Massive season for alot of players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rashford just like Linguard and Pogba could find their international positions in a state of flux in an unexpected downward trajection.

With the likes of Tammy Abraham pushing on, he could very easily be number two behind Kane, and with Sancho looking at better fit for England on the left, at club level, the left hand berth is James to loose, whilst up top i think Martial will be number one.
Linguard, could be also in trouble with CHO to come back from injury and Sterling a nailed on starter.

Pogba will also need to up his overall game, as if Ndombele clicks with Sissoko at Spurs, i can very easily see him being number one option alongside Kante, you also have Tolisso and Matuidi who can play there.

Don't see Ndombele replacing Pogba. Can't see what he's done to even suggest that.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Pogba has nothing to worry about, he walks into that French team regardless of his form for us as he always delivers for them

Rashford though yes, I dont see someone like Abraham being a threat to him as I dont believe he can play anywhere else than through the middle where Kane is obviously going to always play but certainly in Sterling and Sancho you can see longer term them better bets for the wide positions than Rashford

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The main issue he has is when he things aren't going his way (usually in the form of missing a couple of chances) he starts trying a bit too hard and becomes a bit too selfish.

AshRK

He could have easily score couple today. He has to improve his finishing big time.

Kag

I’ll be honest, he’s getting on my tit-end. And I don’t want to be unjustifiably negative.

Ole has given him such a brilliant opportunity but he’s pissing it up the wall with his finishing. There’s a reason he was shifted out wide in the second half.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Rojo was providing him pass after pass after pass... still nothing.

If that was only a bad luck, he really needs to go to shaman to lift that curse.

Renegade

He ran the ball out of the play like a school kid in the playground. His been in the first team for 4 years now, why is he still doing things like that?

passing-wind

Rash bandicoot this evening.

This seasons start and the end to the last has shown that Marcus should solely be playing as a wide forward irrespective of injuries Solskjaer needs to prioritize bringing a striker in asap.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should have scored few goals today, very poor finishing. Even more disappointing considering he was the senior most player in the attack.

Rojo created 2 or 3 very good chances for him.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He ran the ball out of the play like a school kid in the playground. His been in the first team for 4 years now, why is he still doing things like that?
God knows mate. But expect a posse of top reds to be out for you now after you have spoken ill of their lord and saviour.

wr8_utd

:'(
We need Martial back so he gets dropped. He's awful. No, this is not knee jerk.

KennyBurner

If he isn’t on penalty duties he wouldn’t score more than 10 goals in all competitions. He has been hyped up beyond belief that at this point I actually feel sorry for him. He should never have been this exposed at the top. Needs to reinvent himself and focus on actual buildup play. I’m hoping in 6 months he gets better playing in a style that doesn’t include counter attacking.

el3mel

His inconsistency in terms of finishing is painful to watch and I honestly don't think it'll improve.

Another good striker and he would have got 2 goals at least tonight.

Keep him on the right wing. Martial and Greenwood should stay ahead of him through the middle.

Abhinav

Rashford had an average game but still was by far the most threatening player. He has the explosiveness that is required to create openings at this level. However, unfortunately he has not yet put it all together. If he could improve his decision making and composure, we would have a very good player on our hands. He is still 21 so he certainly has time to improve. But given that he has played 100+ games for united I would have expected him to be further along in his developmental curve.

Classical Mechanic

He should have scored few goals today, very poor finishing. Even more disappointing considering he was the senior most player in the attack.

Rojo created 2 or 3 very good chances for him.
I’m a bit sceptical on that, I’d like to see his xG, looked to me that most were hard to take and that he did well on them, could be wrong.

MiracleInMadrid

Horrible to watch our supposed starman play like this. And this is a part of the problem. That he is set up to be one of the main offensive forces. I'm not at all negative about Ole or this season being a transition. I'm fine with giving it a serious go with Ole and the long term stretch. But when it comes to Rashford, we as a club, hasn't done him any favor in pushing him as a already proven big star with a bonkers contract.

It absolutely screams to the heaven that he needs someone else to take responsibility in our attack. You can tell from wathcing him, that he feels the pressure of having to be the main man. And no player in the world can create something every times he has the ball. Sometimes you just need to pass it along and keep up the tempo.

And to top that he doesn't bury two clear cut chances..

I believe he can turn in to a very good player, but right now he is still a young and very rough player who should not be that responsible for our attacking outlet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prodigy24

He's never going to become a 20-25 goals per season striker if he misses chances like tonight. Also has to be one of the most frustrating players to watch. Hope he improves.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
That last moment, when he carried the ball forward and instead of passing to Mata he chose to clatter into the defender - that is Marcus Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.