Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

God,he's just so arrogant.
Definitely think he deserves more slack, he does have a real shy humility that maybe some shit outfits try to mask on social media. Loves United and could become our kane I truly hope the best for him this season

el3mel

His selfishness is really getting on my nerves. He fecks so many chances because he wants to do it all by himself. Very annoying and Ole needs to address this.

Raven

A return to form today, as the most infuriating player in the squad. Needs to work, hard, on his decision making, because it is trash.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I really want him to be good, but have to say he was back to unconvincing today.

Godfather

Best not to comment on his performance today or people will go apeshit again. He wasn't very good is all that needs to be said. Just one thing. These shots from 40 yards out need to stop.

Stadjer

Best not to comment on his performance today or people will go apeshit again. He wasn't very good is all that needs to be said. Just one thing. These shots from 40 yards out need to stop.
They really do. It works sometimes (like when Buffon dropped it when we played PSG and Lukaku could score) but usually it is such a waste. Rashford is a decent player and i am happy he stays at Manchester United but he really does need to stop these 40 yard shots. Why did he even start doing it?

Godfather

They really do. It works sometimes (like when Buffon dropped it when we played PSG and Lukaku could score) but usually it is such a waste. Rashford is a decent player and i am happy he stays at Manchester United but he really does need to stop these 40 yard shots. Why did he even start doing it?
Well his "Ronaldo" technique makes the ball move quite a lot but he just isn't very good at it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He wasn't good today but I'm loving the flexible front 3 with everyone interchanging position. Still early days and needs time to understand everyone's off the ball runs.

Shark

@NotShark
Ole relying on Rashford could be his downfall. Not saying he’s a bad player but he’s not the amazing prospect that the fans want him to be either imo.

Untd55

I will always think he is more effective as a left-winger/Wide striker than a central striker. I think he is more suited to the role. Also, his best performances have come from that side of the pitch.

I also agree that he needs to stop taking so many shots from range. This seems to have started since he became a central striker.

Reactions: van der star

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
According to some on here, we’re all wrong about Rashford and give him too much of a hard time.

He’s bloody fecking infuriating.

Do simple things really well first and the rest will come. He needs to sort himself out if he’s to be our main outlet for goals.

settembrini

Didn't like seeing him out wide today, he's far better through the middle.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Is it just me or is he trying to emulate the playing style of a prime Bebé in his first games for us.

King Kunta

Gonna get panned for this but whatever. For me he's our most overrated player in recent memory and easily my least favourite player in the squad (excluding the obvious ones).

Absolutely abysmal decision making. Yeah he's young, Ronaldo did it too, blahblahblah. Ronaldo had world-class promise and end product, and when he did take it too far the elder players would kick some sense into him. Rashford goes unscathed doing whatever he wants because he's one of our own and he's Ole's boy. How has he not been taken off free kick duty? On top of that, he shows absolutely nowhere near the promise Ronaldo did - galaxies apart. If he wasn't an academy product, if he wasn't English, the fans and media would be far less forgiving.

I wish we could sell him to Barcelona, to be honest (assuming the fee would be high). Would love to be wrong on this, but he'll never be good enough to lead the line in a championship winning team. Not for me. I can't see him banging in 30 goals a season. An overrated and selfish pace merchant with tunnel vision and a distorted view of his own abilities who gets away with it because he's an academy lad.

The sooner Mason is ready, the better Ole's chances of doing well are. Banking on Rashford will be his downfall.

kiristao

He really needs to improve his decision making and his movement in the box. He has been a first team regular for about 4 years so it's not about lack of experience anymore. If we are looking to play with pace on the counter decision making is the key. We also seem to be playing with a fluid front 3. In that case movement in the box is very important. You know you are not doing the right thing when a 17 year old youth team player shows better movement in the box.

kiristao

Oh and those hail Mary strikes from way way out side the box from ridiculous angles really need to stop!

Water Melon

Rashford is rushy, agree about him having tunnel vision. Hopefully, will become more of a team player with decent composure. Doubt he is good enough to lead the attack for Man Utd.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s still putting his game together. Only 21 years old. I’m very confident he will be a top player though, he has a great tool box, and his output is very respectable for his age. Just about the next step for him. I personally think he has a next two steps to go.

haram

The coaching team encourage him to keep shooting. Against PSG Lukaku said whenever Rashford lines up for a long range shot, he'd follow up, and that's how we scored one of the goals. Rashford is also still on set pieces because he has good striking technique and obviously shows it in training. If we want him to fulfil his potential we have to encourage his shooting because he has wicked technique.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Gonna get panned for this but whatever. For me he's our most overrated player in recent memory and easily my least favourite player in the squad (excluding the obvious ones).

Absolutely abysmal decision making. Yeah he's young, Ronaldo did it too, blahblahblah. Ronaldo had world-class promise and end product, and when he did take it too far the elder players would kick some sense into him. Rashford goes unscathed doing whatever he wants because he's one of our own and he's Ole's boy. How has he not been taken off free kick duty? On top of that, he shows absolutely nowhere near the promise Ronaldo did - galaxies apart. If he wasn't an academy product, if he wasn't English, the fans and media would be far less forgiving.

I wish we could sell him to Barcelona, to be honest (assuming the fee would be high). Would love to be wrong on this, but he'll never be good enough to lead the line in a championship winning team. Not for me. I can't see him banging in 30 goals a season. An overrated and selfish pace merchant with tunnel vision and a distorted view of his own abilities who gets away with it because he's an academy lad.

The sooner Mason is ready, the better Ole's chances of doing well are. Banking on Rashford will be his downfall.
Hilarious post, in a bad way.

haram

In reality, both Marcus and Mason will succeed here.

Eddy_JukeZ

Sometimes, I think Rashford is really really good. He's got all the tools. Maybe I'm wrong on his potential/ceiling.

Then he just has games like today(yeah pre-season I know), where I'm like ugh he can frustrate like no other.

It was the same last season too under Ole. At the start of his reign, he showed me something and I thought I was wrong about him, but then he reverted back after a while.

This is a big season for him. He needs to show more consistency and better decision making.

Alabaster Codify7

'Rashy'.

Don't like him at all. Arrogant and selfish. Clearly has talent but for me, top 4 talent not title-winning talent. I'm still on the fence about whether he actually makes it as a proper superstar.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is 21. Yea i understand he has to start delivering and i think he will. Lingarrd is the one who i think is stealing a living.

Stadjer

The coaching team encourage him to keep shooting. Against PSG Lukaku said whenever Rashford lines up for a long range shot, he'd follow up, and that's how we scored one of the goals. Rashford is also still on set pieces because he has good striking technique and obviously shows it in training. If we want him to fulfil his potential we have to encourage his shooting because he has wicked technique.
It worked that time against PSG and required a mistake from a legendary goalkeeper who hardly ever made mistakes in his career. I wouldnt really call that a good tactic or something that should be encouraged.

Rashford is a good player, good enough for Manchester United and if he develops over the years he could have a very good Manchester United career. Maybe not as a world class striker but a good Manchester United player.

His decision making needs to improve (it will with age and experience hopefully) but the long range shooting really should stop though.. it is so frustrating. He is not Ronaldo and will never be Ronaldo.

el3mel

Yeah let him keep doing ridiculous shots and be selfish on every ball. Doesn't matter how many chances he's going to feck up for us and how many games that's going to cost us.

haram

Yeah let him keep doing ridiculous shots and be selfish on every ball. Doesn't matter how many chances he's going to feck up for us and how many games that's going to cost us.
That's really not my point. I never said every shot was the right decision or he should shoot every time he gets the ball.

skeelz

His ego outgrows his talent. He needs to calm down and balance both. Ole needs to have a word with him for sure to make him realize he's not where he thinks he is

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He is an odd one Marcus, never really seen a player blow hot and cold quite like him. Maybe Rooney but That's a more later years and coming back from injury.

Reckon personally it's not than an ego thing, when hes in the zone he really does look a world beater and you can understand the hype. But so much of the time his speed of thought seems slow and seems overly casual and careless, I'm almost convinced he as adhd or something, maybe we should give him Ritalin before games.

Really want him to have a great season but performances like today were a bit reminsicent of the bad bits of last season.

Quinzaine

Truly one of the most bizarre posts I've seen. You're seriously suggesting we should encourage Rashford spurning attack after attack with his ridiculously audacious shooting because he's got decent technique and it comes off once every 50 shots? Moreover, how does continually encouraging Rashford to shoot when there are clearly better options for him and the team help him fulfill his potential exactly? Surely helping him fulfill his potential would involve coaching and encouraging him to improve his decision making when he's 40 yards away from goal and get's a sudden urge to shoot.

Also, the PSG example was clearly a tactic used on the day where we pinpointed a weakness in an ageing Buffon's game and capitalized on it knowing we weren't going to create many opportunities and have much of the ball. Such an isolated example has little to no relevance.

haram

Truly one of the most bizarre posts I've seen. You're seriously suggesting we should encourage Rashford spurning attack after attack with his ridiculously audacious shooting because he's got decent technique and it comes off once every 50 shots? Moreover, how does continually encouraging Rashford to shoot when there are clearly better options for him and the team help him fulfill his potential exactly? Surely helping him fulfill his potential would involve coaching and encouraging him to improve his decision making when he's 40 yards away from goal and get's a sudden urge to shoot.

Also, the PSG example was clearly a tactic used on the day where we pinpointed a weakness in an ageing Buffon's game and capitalized on it knowing we weren't going to create many opportunities and have much of the ball. Such an isolated example has little to no relevance.
In short, the answer is no. He should keep shooting but he can pick and choose some of the shots better. You can say the same thing about passing and dribbling with him and other young players though.

Quinzaine

In short, the answer is no. He should keep shooting but he can pick and choose some of the shots better. You can say the same thing about passing and dribbling with him and other young players though.
I highly doubt anybody has a problem with Rashford taking shots from outside the box every now and then. The issue is he has a bad habit of repeatedly taking these borderline impossible shots when there are clearly better options available. Yes other young players have flaws in their decision making process but I don't think any of our young players have a single situational decision making flaw as prominent as Rashford's shooting?

haram

I highly doubt anybody has a problem with Rashford taking shots from outside the box every now and then. The issue is he has a bad habit of repeatedly taking these borderline impossible shots when there are clearly better options available. Yes other young players have flaws in their decision making process but I don't think any of our young players have a single situational decision making flaw as prominent as Rashford's shooting?
Yes he has to improve his decision making but he should still be taking shots. Shooting just has a low percentage pay off compared to dribbling for example. If we sign Maguire though Rashford winning corners could be crucial :D.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He just needs to stop doing something unnecessary like trying to do long range passing like Rooney or silly flicks. I think he needs to know his weakness and play his strength more, and also probably reduce his attempt of long shooting. Having a try for a shot is fine but not too much especially if we aren’t struggling to build up the play.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He just needs to stop doing something unnecessary like trying to do long range passing like Rooney or silly flicks. I think he needs to know his weakness and play his strength more, and also probably reduce his attempt of long shooting. Having a try for a shot is fine but not too much especially if we aren’t struggling to build up the play.
Nail on head.

He needs to be as close to goal as possible; outside the box he suffers from chronic delusion. He should be modelling his game on Andy Cole, not Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.