5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

Really needs to work on his finishing, any half decent striker would have scored one goal from the chances he got today.

And his selfish attitude on the pitch is really annoying. Learn to pass the ball ffs.

He really needs to control his ego, and start working as a unit rather than thinking of himself as a superstar.

I was not convinced we had enough firepower before the season started, and he has done nothing to change my opinion. We need to buy a proper center forward in January or next season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It’s easy to forget that Rashford is developing against far more difficult competition than a generation ago. English top flight never had anywhere near the number of world class players it has today. It’s not unreasonable to say it’s become the most competitive league in the world. Despite this, Rashford is keeping pace with the best at his level of experience.
He's keeping pace to be a squad player, not the main striker. It's not his fault he has the burden on him, it's more the management.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Again, we’re talking about a striker here. Trying to pretend the number of goals scored is somehow a poor way to judge his quality is fecking ludicrous.
How is it ludicrous? Lukaku is a great goalscorer and didn't suit us at all, nor did he maintain general play to the required standard.

Rashford isnt an out and out 9 either. He said himself he likes to be in the middle and work the wide areas and do everything. That role requires more than just putting the ball in the back of the net.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His finishing was awful but I thought his movement was really good. He's in a poor vein of form at the moment.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I hope to see him more on the right side. He is not a good CF as his finishing was bad and decision making was poor, but his running, pace and skill are all good to play the wing forward role, and since the left side is already occupied by James, who is more effective, why not play him on the right side inside.

Rashford Martial/Greenwood James

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Time for that gentle reminder - he is only 22.
It's not gentle anymore when people keep shoving this into someone else's throat. So what if He's 22? :lol: wasted chances are wasted chances. Fair criticism for a professional striker imo, regardless of age. I can give exceptions for maybe 18, 19 y.o but 22? come on now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Saw this comment on the BBC. Puts things in perspective.

Rashford's goals in 1st 4 seasons
Total 51
Rooney's 1st 4 season's
Total 53
Shearer's 1st 4 season's
Total 22
Henry's 1st 4 season's
Total 27
Ronaldo's 1st 4 season's
Total 32
He is on course to be a top striker.
Rashford numbers are inflated?

• Rashford 45 goals in 170 games
  • Rooney 53 goals in 168 games for 2 different teams and he was about 1.5 years younger for those 4 seasons. A different beast to Rashford honestly.
  • Shearer 22 goals in 98 games for Southampton. Again, Southampton.
  • Henry 26 goals in 122 games. Didn't watch him there
  • Ronaldo 32 goals in 168 games as a right midfielder/winger mostly in a 4-4-2 in 2 different leagues.
Here's another angle. Rashford is about to turn 22. What were the seasons like for the other players when they turned 22?

• Rooney: 18 goals and 14 assists 43 matches
  • Shearer: 22 goals and 4 assists in 26 matches. Started the season 22 years old.
  • Henry: 26 goals and 9 assists in 47 matches
  • Ronaldo: 23 goals and 20 assists in 53 matches. He reached 22 at the end of the season.
Rashford started his career older than the other players so he's older than all of them in the comparison above and in the comparison below he's had fewer season at top level but still more games than Henry and Shearer so it's a fine comparison.
I think if he manages the numbers of any of those 4 at the same age then we're in good shape for the season I reckon. Would however be a massive leap for him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Unless he improves upon his decision making, he can't be a top player.

He needs to stop running like a headless chicken and try to understand his environment

predator

Youth NITK
Genuinely baffles me how some posters confidently assume the personalities of people they only see kick a ball around once a week for 90 minutes. People saying the hype, the lingard effect, the money etc has ruined Rashford may even be correct but maybe he has just never been good enough.

I have no idea how Rashford goes about his daily life but I do not think he is consistently good enough as a footballer to be play for a club like united. In an ideal world he'd be our main man because he is a local lad but in reality he wouldn't start for city, liverpool, Tottenham, barca, madrid etc...

I like watching him play because he is fearless and will attempt screamers but he isn't clinical enough in front of goal. Simple.

Zimkid

How is he playing as the main striker. His decision making is so bad. Every game I watch this kid, I want to beat the tv screen. Its like he doesn't have any football brains. Then he scores, and you kind of feel he is okay and then back to the bs.

The board is really messing up this team. It baffles me how they would let Lukaku go without planning for a replacement. Proper striker who easily bags 20+ goals in the PL alone.

It is so frustrating that Ole has to overuse and place such a huge burden on Rashford, who is so annoying at times. If Greenwood is the best finisher, why is he not playing as the out and out striker. Rashford is better off on the wing. Same goes for Martial. These guys don't know how to position themselves as strikers IMO. Remember Chicharito at United? Ole back in the day? Ruud ... Poachers who knew where to be. Rashford/Martial come deep way too much leaving the front line unoccupied. There is no one there for rebounds. If I was manager, Rashford would have to be a sub. I understand JM frustration with this kid. I remember a game we drew with Leicester where this kid's brain shut off during a counter attack, chosing to waste time than passing a it through to Lukaku who was through on goal. We were leading 2-1 only for Harry Maguire to score in the last minute.

He is not good enough for United. But our team is so bad now, well we have to make do. Can he fit into the City team, Liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham team. No!

FattyFooty

This tread will get popular tomorrow.

If he scores people will go crazy saying hes the next big thing, maybe a new Rashford vs ....... tread too.

If he dont, the haters will go all out panic mode. While the "like hunters" will come up with some total nonsense to get a like.

Either way its going too be full of Panic/Godworship.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He won't get dropped. My issue is that James will end up on the right to accommodate rashy playing on the left.
This would be like the Suarez-Martial situation all over again, I really hope this doesn't happen. It's up to Rashford at this point to adjust his game because he doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant shifting the most in-form player this season for his sake.

Winmove

This guy only have 2 attributes , shooting and pace but that's only when he got time and space to do so.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
His finishing was awful but I thought his movement was really good. He's in a poor vein of form at the moment.
Moviment don't win matches goals do. Rashford plays as a lone striker. He needs to score goals

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rashford is a decent player who might one day be first team material. However starting the season with just him upfront is pure madness. I wouldn't trust a world class article like RvN as our only striker as injuries may happen let alone someone like Rashy

SaintMuppet

Squad player. This is down to mentality rather than ability. Head down blind alley, selfish, needs too many chances to score.

Could be fixed I think but he needs kicking of that ‘ive made it’ pedestal we put him on by overpaying him.

Raven

Could really do with a big performance from Rashford today. Hope he can finally find his shooting boots.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Gets far to much criticism from our fans, still a young lad and learning. Will continue to improve and be a big part of our side.

Hopefully turns in a good performance and silence a few critics.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was poor, but for some reason we looked even worse once he came off even though he did nothing in the entire game, which probably tells a lot about our attack.

Also I am not really sure why he plays in every single game, it's not doing him any good at all, I am not sure if Ole knows what he is doing with him.

Raven

His worst performance for us so far. I really hope he comes back from this injury well.

KennyBurner

There were people that actually though rasjford was a better player than Martial. what a scary thought. Im also pretty sure some still think this.

Based Adnan

I'd take the 18 year old Rashford that broke through over the current Rashford any day of the week.

Teams in the PL he wouldn't play at 9 at:
City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelsea
West Ham
Wolves
Leicester
Bournemouth
Norwich
Burnley (Ashley Barnes)

Over half the league and yet here he is, our main fecking man. An embarrassing state of affairs.

Devil81

Clearly made to play through injury today.

Shows how desperate we are currently.

Cpt Negative

Seems he’s developed the, I’m world class so I’ll walk around doing nothing bug.

Only he’s not world class

Raw

I wish I could say we could bench him for a few games so he can get his shit together but we literally have no one available. And now he's injured.

Bobski

He was bad but our gameplan seems to be so basic, ball down the channel for Rashford and James to chase.

Bojan11

Injuries will be used as a excuse. But if he’s injured whys he making pointless sprints to chase their GK.

He’s not good enough. Can’t even position himself in the box.

-Supreme-

Clearly made to play through injury today.

Shows how desperate we are currently.
Nope not just today. He's been forced to play with a bad injury since that Liverpool game in February and he hasn't recovered since.

He was also forced to be given 200k plus a week by the club and he clearly didn't want this much

The club is to be blamed for his bad form, poor kid :(

Stadjer

The only player to play 90 minutes against Leicester, who also started played 90 minutes against Astana and also started today.

He wasnt good against Leicester and could have been subbed (Greenwood was on the bench), he was bad against Astana and could have been subbed (Greenwood was forced to play on the right for 90 minutes) and got injured today.

People make fun of LvG for saying ''my captain will always play'' but Ole makes it look like ''My Rashy will always play''.

Mostly the Astana game annoys me.. there was no reason to keep him on. He had a horrible game and since he got injured today he could have used to rest by not playing that game.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The sooner the media stop pushing this deluded idea that Rashford is a striker, the better. Same with Ole. At least Southgate has already realised that you can't have Rashford as your striker if you want goals.

This persistent idea perpetrated by all of the media, Ole and a bunch of delusional fanatics that Rashford can lead the line has to be buried. Never in my life have I seen a player display such poor finishing like Rashford yet the media and everyone else keep claiming he's a striker.

If Ole persist with Rashford as his striker injuries or not, it'll be bordeline self sabotage. The lad simply cannot finish, let just let go of that idea of him being some prolific striker. He isn't. Time to try something else.

I don't want to see a striker playing for us when he gets 1 on 1 and clear cut chances, I'm expecting him to miss.

Devil81

Injuries will be used as a excuse. But if he’s injured whys he making pointless sprints to chase their GK.

He’s not good enough. Can’t even position himself in the box.
To be fair the ball into the box in the first half where he didn't attempt to challenge could have been a lack of movement issue. I'd say they have given him an injection at half time and told him to chase down the ball and apply pressure, he's more than likely made it ten times worse now due to the fact he was fecked in the first place.

Like I said in my earlier post it just goes to show how desperate we are, he's injured clearly and we're willing to risk him due to having zero cover!!!!

You could clearly see him wording to the physio he couldn't continue, he said it more than once which would suggest they were desperate for him to stay on.

Status
Not open for further replies.