5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

Who cares if Greenwood becomes the better player? If anything that will only push Rashford and we will have two top English players.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The Leeds goal, he is absolutely right that he tries to score. But many other chances he shoots when he should not have done so. I hop Ole takes it to inform him when to shoot and when to pass. He is way too selfish and I think it's because he thinks he is better than everyone else. He is not.
:lol: sorry mate but that's pretty funny. What has Rashford done to make you think that? Was it that chain he was wearing?

The White Pele

Who cares if Greenwood becomes the better player? If anything that will only push Rashford and we will have two top English players.
Exactly. Why do we always have to compare and pick favourites. It’s tiresome.

The White Pele

Well he completely ignored his teammate in his goal against Leeds last week

Quite fortunate that he scored and he simply can't be making those selfish decisions in competitive games

Yes he is still young but he has had plently of game time under his belt
No fortune involved at all. Knew exactly what he wanted to do. Did it.

Foxbatt

If he is at least half as good as his manager was then it will be good.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yeah, not sure how Greenwood being a good talent is used as a tool to bash Rashford, this forum can be great but the tribal nature between players has always been weird to me. Everyone's in their own camps i.e. Martial camps, Rashford camps etc.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

His team mate (Greenwood I believe it was), was in a great position...but seriously what's this rubbish about him being selfish for the goal.. forwards are supposed to be selfish! The very best forwards in the history of the game are selfish, that's why their numbers are generally as good as they are. They have huge belief in their abilities and any...ANY forward in the position Rashford was in above, takes the shot.

I mean, I don't see you slating Greenwood for his goal vs Inter, he was far less likely to score...but he did. Greenwood had 6 outfield players and a keeper in close proximity. He also had Jones, McTominay and Mata in better scoring positions... how selfish of him.

:rolleyes:

He scored a goal as well ffs, just imagine the reactions here had he missed. Get the feeling some fans were begging for it to happen.

VJ1762

Greenwood already looks more polished than Rashford. Man, if we can get a player like Asensio or Sancho, it would be great. Just imagine, a Martial - Mason - Sancho/Asensio front three. Looks so much better than Martial - Marcus - Mason.

If Rashford doesn't score atleast 20 league goals this season, I think it is time to move him elsewhere. The fact that this guy was given Rooney's No 10 shirt shows how much we have fallen in stature as a club. He doesn't even have half the ability of Rooney, yet he wears No 10 and is the first name on the teamsheet under Ole. I am sure he will have his customary purple patch of 2-3 months this season and then everybody on Redcafe will hype him to the max, when the reality is he is just a poor man's Nani.

ricky-romeo

this is true. Greenwood got higher ceiling and Rashford needs some pushing so Mason could be another factor for Rashford to work even harder.

Web of Bissaka

Oh, I'm impress. What happen? He gave it his all today and upped his game. I miss this Rashford. :drool:

Don't care if he don't score or sort of struggle to get more successive attacks today. That top effort matters more.

Maybe he's back to down to earth, argument with Ole during trainings? or maybe he realise his position is not secure.

MUFC OK

If Rashford doesn't score atleast 20 league goals this season, I think it is time to move him elsewhere.
PL/1 Div goals by age 22:
Alan Shearer: 23 in 118 games

Marcus Rashford: 27 in 111 games (22 on 31 October 2019)

He has also played many of those games on the wing. I think this goes to show that we cannot expect him to be scoring 20 in the league by his age.

The Shearer comparison is purely because he's the most prolific PL striker ever.

How many league goals do we think Marcus will get this year? I'm going with 16, 24 in all competitions (depending on injuries).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If Rashford doesn't score atleast 20 league goals this season, I think it is time to move him elsewhere
Scoring 20 league goals is not an easy thing to do, especially for a player who don't even play as CF every single game and also doesn't take penalties.

Last 5 years, players who scored 20+ league goals without penalties. All these players are at peak of their careers and most of them play as pure CFs.

2018-19
Mane - 22

2017-18
Salah - 31
Kane - 28

2016-17
Kane - 24
Lukaku - 24
Sanchez - 22
Costa - 20

2015-16
Kane
Aguero

2014-15
Aguero

Stacks

PL/1 Div goals by age 22:
Alan Shearer: 23 in 118 games

Marcus Rashford: 27 in 111 games (22 on 31 October 2019)

He has also played many of those games on the wing. I think this goes to show that we cannot expect him to be scoring 20 in the league by his age.

The Shearer comparison is purely because he's the most prolific PL striker ever.

How many league goals do we think Marcus will get this year? I'm going with 16, 24 in all competitions (depending on injuries).
unfortunately that is the standard if he is going to lead the line for Man utd as their main striker. Only a club who has little ambition would put themselves in this position.
After an excellent start under Ole, the season tailed off for Rashford with 3 goals in his last 17 games for united, and Ole has made it clear he wants him as his main man which is weird. if he is going to be the main man then he has to step up right now. Daniel James and Lingard are not going to do it. Martial will get a few, Rom looks on his way out. You cannot have your cake and eat it. Obviously anyone talking of letting him go are stupid.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Scoring 20 league goals is not an easy thing to do, especially for a player who don't even play as CF every single game and also doesn't take penalties.

Last 5 years, players who scored 20+ league goals without penalties. All these players are at peak of their careers and most of them play as pure CFs.

2018-19
Mane - 22

2017-18
Salah - 31
Kane - 28

2016-17
Kane - 24
Lukaku - 24
Sanchez - 22
Costa - 20

2015-16
Kane
Aguero

2014-15
Aguero
Nice perspective actually, if Rashford does actually end up getting 20 next season/season after he'd be joining quite an exclusive club.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Nice perspective actually, if Rashford does actually end up getting 20 next season/season after he'd be joining quite an exclusive club.
Yeah, it's hard to score 20 league goals without taking penalties, even harder when player won't be playing as CF all the time. It would be a great season if he ends up scoring 20 league goals.

Stacks

Yeah, it's hard to score 20 league goals without taking penalties, even harder when player won't be playing as CF all the time. It would be a great season if he ends up scoring 20 league goals.
Also shows what a phenom Kane is

MUFC OK

unfortunately that is the standard if he is going to lead the line for Man utd as their main striker. Only a club who has little ambition would put themselves in this position.
After an excellent start under Ole, the season tailed off for Rashford with 3 goals in his last 17 games for united, and Ole has made it clear he wants him as his main man which is weird. if he is going to be the main man then he has to step up right now. Daniel James and Lingard are not going to do it. Martial will get a few, Rom looks on his way out. You cannot have your cake and eat it. Obviously anyone talking of letting him go are stupid.
My point is that it's not realistic to expect that from a 21 year old and that there are so few who are capable of those numbers at all, let alone at his age.

The alternative is to bring in others as well, not to sell Rashford. I'm 90% sure he wont score 20 in the league this year, but I'm equally certain that he will in the future.

Stacks

My point is that it's not realistic to expect that from a 21 year old and that there are so few who are capable of those numbers at all, let alone at his age.

The alternative is to bring in others as well, not to sell Rashford. I'm 90% sure he wont score 20 in the league this year, but I'm equally certain that he will in the future.
you are correct x 4, which is why I found it strange that Ole had committed to Rashford's role in the team so soon and with such conviction.
your final part should have a question mark as you have just noted very few players do this so I don't see how you could possibly be certain?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Big hope for him this season. He has to make a drastic jump as a player in terms of maturity even is he's still very young (but very experienced already). That contract is a proof the club believes in him, time to prove it.

LiquidSnake

I agree with you.

If you don't take in count penalties, I think a great season, with FA Cup/League Cup/Euro games, would be 25 goals (with a something like 10 assists would be great as well) for 45-47 games all comp. That's prime Andy Cole numbers in his time here, so would be fair to be statistics you're waiting from Manchester United lead striker.

IMHO anything above that would be a bonus (and actually madness given he's still 21 up to the end of year).

-Supreme-

Big hope for him this season. He has to make a drastic jump as a player in terms of maturity even is he's still very young (but very experienced already). That contract is a proof the club believes in him, time to prove it.
I couldn't agree more. Many people has ignored this, there aren't many 21-22 years olds have been given as much game time at a big club as he has had.

DoomSlayer

Experience with his national team. He has a big boy contract, time to start playing like one now.
I really want him to succeed, but it's true what everyone is saying - there can be no more excuses for Rashford this season. Really needs to up his game and be more effective.

Same goes for Martial, to be honest. They need to show something worthwhile now.

MUFC OK

you are correct x 4, which is why I found it strange that Ole had committed to Rashford's role in the team so soon and with such conviction.
your final part should have a question mark as you have just noted very few players do this so I don't see how you could possibly be certain?
He's 21, at the rate he has been improving and compared to others at his age, it seems likely to me that he will achieve that in future. Particularly if taking penalties which cannot be forgotten, for an attacking team that can be 7+ goals a season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wish he would be less selfish and more aware of what goes on around him.

VJ1762

A reply below
"Rashford off the pitch looks like an english ronaldinho, shame he does not look like one on it".

And I tend to agree. He has got these 5 star skill moves, yet he uses it rarely in games( like his assist to Pogba against bournemouth), instead playing like a pace merchant. I know it is difficult to do in games against experienced defenders, but I would like to see more of our attackers take on a man, instead of passing it back to the midfield.

DoomSlayer

A reply below
"Rashford off the pitch looks like an english ronaldinho, shame he does not look like one on it".

And I tend to agree. He has got these 5 star skill moves, yet he uses it rarely in games( like his assist to Pogba against bournemouth), instead playing like a pace merchant. I know it is difficult to do in games against experienced defenders, but I would like to see more of our attackers take on a man, instead of passing it back to the midfield.
I truly hope it all clicks for Rashford this season, him and Martial could be a devastating duo if they are more consistently on top of their game.

Stacks

He's 21, at the rate he has been improving and compared to others at his age, it seems likely to me that he will achieve that in future. Particularly if taking penalties which cannot be forgotten, for an attacking team that can be 7+ goals a season.
I would argue that he hasn't improved much from his breakout season and his goal return shows similar. Lukaku has only passed 20 once and he has been striking since 16 so again it's a toss up. Who says he will ever be on pens aswell?

Sp00ks11

2 things I hope Rashford removes from his game this season is his selfishness and his moaning and sulking, you watch him on the pitch and he is constantly moaning and sulking at other players, the ref or his only clumsy play.

I am still far from convinced but would love him to prove me wrong.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't you expect premium output when he asked and get paid premium wages?

Andersons Dietician

The head down not passing virus seems to be creeping back in to his play.

Was a good cross at one point but there are just so many times he should pass or release the ball and instead he just keeps holding on to it or taking a shot from a stupid angle or way out.

He isn’t the only one that holds on to a ball too long mind. Matic, Lingard Perreira

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He passed plenty today, probably his most selfless game this pre-season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Superb agility and pace but some decisions and timing could be better.

If only Lingard could put so much strength in shots like Rash does...

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
More confident with Martial up top and Rashford on the left. When Rashford's blood's up he has a lot of really useful attributes and his ability to pick a pass is underrated. But when he is not quite at the races he can be incredibly sloppy and careless, not sure how you eradicate that. Don't think he should be expected to put away 20 goals because that sort of pressure doesn't sit well with him and he is not a clinical player. He is an odd flashes of genius player and if he can add consistency to the rest of his play and concentrate on picking passes as much as shooting he will be a very useful asset. Any succession of poor performances though should lead to him being benched. His performances seem to decline with 'automatic starter' status.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not seen any pre season games but not heard much about Rashford after them. How has he been? Is he good enough to be our first choice striker and get 20+ league goals? I have my doubts yet there aren't many rumours about us getting a striker.

Not seen any pre season games but not heard much about Rashford after them. How has he been? Is he good enough to be our first choice striker and get 20+ league goals? I have my doubts yet there aren't many rumours about us getting a striker.
He looks hungry, but Martial and Greenwood have shone in pre season. Any one of them could take the striker spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.