Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
It was a great goal, no doubt about it.

But I guess the point is, that against better opposition, pretty much every decision he makes there ends up losing the ball, and a better GK would save it. And that's what we tend to see week in week out. So I get what both camps are saying. But will be irritating if that goal now gets constantly used as evidence of his world class status etc.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Amazing sequence for the goal, sure it's selfish but you can't complain when you score like that, beauty of a shot!

Based Adnan

He's looked sharp tonight. Hopefully he doesn't play the full 90 and Martial is back so he can play wide vs Liverpool.

Handré1990

It was a great goal, no doubt about it.

But I guess the point is, that against better opposition, pretty much every decision he makes there ends up losing the ball, and a better GK would save it. And that's what we tend to see week in week out. So I get what both camps are saying. But will be irritating if that goal now gets constantly used as evidence of his world class status etc.
Except for his two match winning goals against Liverpool, from nothing. His match winning goal v Chelsea and another v City. He’s a terrible 21 year old.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Except for his two match winning goals against Liverpool, from nothing. His match winning goal v Chelsea and another v City. He’s a terrible 21 year old.
Not sure what point you're trying to get across to me considering my opinions on Rashford, but whatever it was you are clearly pleased with it. So well done.

ash_86

He's been brilliant for England this game. Amazing solo goal and should have had an assist or two. Improve our forward line and he'd be contributing a lot .

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's been brilliant for England this game. Amazing solo goal and should have had an assist or two. Improve our forward line and he'd be contributing a lot .
No matter who we put centrally or the left wing - if we don't play a RF or a RW like Greenwood - the space gets extremely tight for everyone in every other position because the right side defensively for the opposition gets void & has been void for ages.

We arguably play with a left winger and a CF against a back 4 and a possible CDM. The RB of our opposition plays an extremely easy game in making our centre for ward's game much harder.

ash_86

No matter who we put centrally or the left wing - if we don't play a RF or a RW like Greenwood - the space gets extremely tight for everyone in every other position because the right side defensively for the opposition gets void & has been void for ages.

We arguably play with a left winger and a CF against a back 4 and a possible CDM. The RB of our opposition plays an extremely easy game in making our centre for ward's game much harder.
Yup, i agree. Valencia was our last RW and he's been playing defense since 2015. Let that sink in.

VJ1762

He scored a goal. Against bulgaria. Hope people don't forget that he has been totally shit for the past 2 months. And we all know he is going to stink up the place along with the rest of the team against 'Pool. Let's keep things in perspective here.

Will never be good enough.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

On the one hand fair enough for scoring but on the other an example of his terrible decision making. 3 England players in the box and he shoots from there. Luckily for him the keepers made an absolute meal of it and it's gone in.
Jeez, that's harsh, I'm not even Rashford's biggest fan but that was a great goal. Can only hope he can do it for us too.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

On the one hand fair enough for scoring but on the other an example of his terrible decision making. 3 England players in the box and he shoots from there. Luckily for him the keepers made an absolute meal of it and it's gone in.
Braindead post.

0le

It was a good performance but Bulgaria were truly awful. I mean they were actually terrible and we could have beaten them with an U21 team or with 10 men quite comfortably. He took his chance well. He also showed some good skill. Lets hope it gives him some confidence when he returns for the Liverpool game.

OverratedOpinion

Intelligent people occasionally say very stupid things. Following that logic you might well be very intelligent.

Great goal.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I mean, it was Bulgaria. It's not like a Beckham freekick to send england to the world cup.
Nobody is saying it was. It was just a good goal against Bulgaria.
I'm all for criticising the players when they play shit but let's leave the negativity for the countless times we need to use it.
Today he played well and scored a good goal

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was a good performance but Bulgaria were truly awful. I mean they were actually terrible and we could have beaten them with an U21 team or with 10 men quite comfortably. He took his chance well. He also showed some good skill. Lets hope it gives him some confidence when he returns for the Liverpool game.
They were so bad I'd actually back United to beat them

1-0.

redshaw

He had a really good game, not just the goal but looking up and passing into dangerous areas. Some will say we don't have anyone in space but him and Lingard have elected to shoot while others players have been in or around the box unmarked for months.

Still I'd love for us to get some players in and go 4-3-3. I don't think the system is conducive to attacking flow and players are on edge when the only chance comes they have to bury it or it's another loss or draw.

OverratedOpinion

I feel people saying he plays better from the left are forgetting how many games he spent stuck out there whilst we all begged for him to get a run up front.

His best patches of form for us have usually been playing as a striker. I personally feel he is suited to playing up front with a strike partner.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Been saying this. He has Mane level potential or even better than him when played at left. Just need a right attacking coach. Jose wasn't that man and Ole is not either.

Replace Mane with him under Klopp in that Liverpool setup and you will see a brilliant player.

Is it anti-english if most recognise that he is just not good enough if we ever want to win the PL again?
What do you mean most? What on the Caf! Don’t use a majority on here as a rationale for logic.

He’s a very talented young player, he will be inconsistent. Let him develop and he will be an excellent player for us.

Lots of people seem to think he gets preferential treatment because he’s English, when it’s actually because he’s a player with great potential. He needs a rest and to be taken out of the limelight for a few weeks at Utd, but we don’t have that luxury.

However no matter how he plays I would rather have him on the pitch than the likes of Lukuku and Sanchez who care little about the club or the fans.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Been saying this. He has Mane level potential or even better than him when played at left. Just need a right attacking coach. Jose wasn't that man and Ole is not either.

Replace Mane with him under Klopp in that Liverpool setup and you will see a brilliant player.
I think that's a pretty huge underestimation of Mane. But I do agree Rashford is a lot better as a left-sided forward than a sole striker.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I want him and Greenwood to play like Cole & Yorke but as inverted forward's that play just off the centre.

Genuinely think that's an easy approach to their potential abilities. Let them grow as a partnership and understanding. Whilst that goes on - let Martial run and pass against the centre of defence as a false 9.

A centralised 433.

Stadjer

Everyone was marked and behind defenders, there is no way he would have picked any of those 3 players.
I wonder if he noticed that though... he isnt exactly a smart footballer when it comes to making the decision to shoot or not to take a shot. I dont even think he thinks about it and his first instinct is just to take the shot.

He scored a good goal there though so you cant say shooting was the wrong choice.

He is a way better on the left though. Not a 9. at all.. hopefully Martial will be back soon (Greenwood as second option) and Rashford will have to compete with James for the left wing spot.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think that's a pretty huge underestimation of Mane. But I do agree Rashford is a lot better as a left-sided forward than a sole striker.
I didnt say he will pull up same numbers. Mane is 26. We will see a much better player in that setup

Status
Not open for further replies.