5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Irish Connection

Played well tonight, shows what he is capable of in a better setup. Even second half he played a lovely pass into sancho on the break whereas he would have shot at United.

MrBest

Did not watch but read he played well. Do not get why people are hating just because it was Bulgaria. In my view, games like this help build confidence and boy does he need a uplift going into the Liverpool game!

KennyBurner

He was pretty good today. Hope martial gets back quickly so he cant stay wide.

On a sidenote I was hoping he would take a freekick today so he could at least knockout a few of those scummy rascists.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I watched the first half only and I don’t think I can take it as positive sign.

He failed to score when he was one on one with keeper. There was one time when he also tried to make diagonal long ball to Trippier and didn’t get it right. His goal also was from a long shot in difficult angle, good goal. However, I have said this before that he needs to make it simple and improve his basic & don’t try something above his weight. He still thinks he’s Rooney & Ronaldo.

If there is aspect I would like him to improve is his finishing, his heading, his weak foot & learn how to use his pace. Not his long shot, his free kick & long passes.

fergiesarmy1

Did not watch but read he played well. Do not get why people are hating just because it was Bulgaria. In my view, games like this help build confidence and boy does he need a uplift going into the Liverpool game!
Good to see him score and was a great goal, certainly isn’t a negative for the weekend.

passing-wind

Much better as a inside forward than a number 9. Not sure why Solskjaer doesn't have the eyes to see this. You cannot rely on Marcus to be a lead striker in any competitive team. He's too raw and inexperienced, I actually think much of Rashford's terrible form is down to mismanagement from Ole.

SweetRightFoot

On the one hand fair enough for scoring but on the other an example of his terrible decision making. 3 England players in the box and he shoots from there. Luckily for him the keepers made an absolute meal of it and it's gone in.
Ridiculous criticism and glad to see it being slammed. Cracking goal, please explain how the keeper made a meal of that? Pace, curve, dip, practically unsaveable.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Welbeck was a hard worker but a atrocious finisher ,he couldn't even score from clear cut scoreing chance.Rashford is not getting clear cut chances or rather he is not in a position on the pitch on the right time to get those chance's.I would say both are trash.
Welbeck is a bit less aromatic, but I agree with you.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

On the one hand fair enough for scoring but on the other an example of his terrible decision making. 3 England players in the box and he shoots from there. Luckily for him the keepers made an absolute meal of it and it's gone in.
That’s tough to glean out of that replay. Don’t like Rashford, but I have no issue with him cutting back to his right to get a shot off even if he has potential targets in the box, especially in the seventh minute. Eightieth minute, not so much.

Canucantona20

I want him and Greenwood to play like Cole & Yorke but as inverted forward's that play just off the centre.

Genuinely think that's an easy approach to their potential abilities. Let them grow as a partnership and understanding. Whilst that goes on - let Martial run and pass against the centre of defence as a false 9.

A centralised 433.
Would work but we don’t have full backs who can cross

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Much better as a inside forward than a number 9. Not sure why Solskjaer doesn't have the eyes to see this. You cannot rely on Marcus to be a lead striker in any competitive team. He's too raw and inexperienced, I actually think much of Rashford's terrible form is down to mismanagement from Ole.
Rashford started the season as LW, he played as striker only when Martial was injured.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I think some posters need to remind themselves that Marcus Rashford isn't as much a cause for our decline as he's a victim of it. He is doing the best he can, whenever he's asked to, wherever he's asked to.

Sure 200k a week bla bla, but he isn't hiding. He isn't letting injuries stop him. He hasn't stopped believing in himself. And I think under a better coach he'd be a better player, because there's definitely a lot of potential to tap into.

Love the lad. Great goal.

superdry

touched by a genius
It's savvy defenders that make him look so clueless. The opposition last night gave me no reason to expect a resurgent Rashford for our next match.

I think some posters need to remind themselves that Marcus Rashford isn't as much a cause for our decline as he's a victim of it. He is doing the best he can, whenever he's asked to, wherever he's asked to.

Sure 200k a week bla bla, but he isn't hiding. He isn't letting injuries stop him. He hasn't stopped believing in himself. And I think under a better coach he'd be a better player, because there's definitely a lot of potential to tap into.

This with bells on.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
His best position is definitely a wide forward.
This^

People need to realise that despite having been in the team for ages, Rashford is younger than Tammy Abraham, he's going to be inconsistent. With Martial out the pressure has been on him to play through the centre and be banging the goals in. It's no surprise that when he links up England Kane, Sterling etc the pressure is off him a bit he can play in his normal position, relax and guess what, he plays a blinder.

Get off his back, he's a really talented winger, once you have Martial back properly, Rashford's back on the left and the pressure is off just a little he might surprise you all.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Great goal and a decent allround performance from Rashford and England in general.
But Bulgaria were bad,League 2 bad.

Concerning Rashford role for us ? Similar to England last night,he must be played as a left wide forward.
He's still largely inconsistent in the role and yet,when things do eventually go right,his best overall performances have been in that particular position for us.

Also it would be so,so advantageous for him (and us) now to be fully accustomed to one particular role in the team.

I've reiterated this more times already this season that Rashford being thrown about here,there and everywhere has done him more harm than good.

romufc

I think it is incorrect to blame Solskjaer on this because I would say that is something he has seen. He gave him the chance last year as ST but come pre season and start of the season, he moved him to the left and Martial as the ST.

We can all talk about the transfers but Martial being injured means that Rasford has had to play CF.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think it is incorrect to blame Solskjaer on this because I would say that is something he has seen. He gave him the chance last year as ST but come pre season and start of the season, he moved him to the left and Martial as the ST.

We can all talk about the transfers but Martial being injured means that Rasford has had to play CF.
Exactly. Just because you want manager out doesn't mean you should twist the facts. Right from preseason Rashford was LW and martial played as CF. He only played as CF once Martial was injured.

romufc

Exactly. Just because you want manager out doesn't mean you should twist the facts. Right from preseason Rashford was LW and martial played as CF. He only played as CF once Martial was injured.
Fans have an agenda, even though I am not the biggest Ole fan and think it will take a manager with great coaching abilities to get us successful again however; that does not mean we blame him for everything even of that he has no control over.

In fact he deserves some credit for going to Martial as CF and pushing Rashy back to LW. It is unfortunate with the injuries we have had.

I would like to see the 13/14 first choice players fit for 15 games and see how he does.

Godfather

Ole has to take some of the blame. Rashford needs to play there because Ole thought having two strikers was going to be enough and that Rashford can do a job in the 9 position. He was wrong.

Handré1990

Not sure what point you're trying to get across to me considering my opinions on Rashford, but whatever it was you are clearly pleased with it. So well done.
I just demonstrated you’re full if it. Yeah, I thought so as well. My point was merely that he’s done it against the best as well. He’s as inconsistent vs the worse teams as the better ones.

romufc

Ole has to take some of the blame. Rashford needs to play there because Ole thought having two strikers was going to be enough and that Rashford can do a job in the 9 position. He was wrong.
He does and you can take about Ole being wrong, but Rashford looks worse because the team behind him lack confidence, lack creativity. Without Pogba we are clueless how to attack.

Rashford scored goals as the number 9 last season so you can't point the finger solely on Ole. He has been let down by the team.

settembrini

Wrong but also very unlucky.

1. Martial's current injury is by far the worst he has ever had at United. It's currently over 50 days which is double the previous worst injury. It's also happened at the start of the season when the plan was surely for Greenwood to be given easy games in the cup for a few months so he could develop into being our #2 striker.

2. Solskjaer did want another forward. Dybala was the one we bid for and couldn't get over the line. Dybala is not your classic #9 but he is a great goal scorer who would have helped a ton with Martial being out. Why didn't we have alternatives ready when we couldn't land Dybala? Because United are too slow in the transfer market. We took forever to negotiate a deal with Inter for Lukaku despite them making a good offer early in the window. This left us with little time to secure Dybala as his replacement and when that deal broke down there were only a couple of days left. Not enough time for the glacial negotiating speed of Woodward and Judge.

I do agree with you that Solskjaer took a gamble, but the circumstances in this case mitigate him a lot imo.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This^

People need to realise that despite having been in the team for ages, Rashford is younger than Tammy Abraham, he's going to be inconsistent. With Martial out the pressure has been on him to play through the centre and be banging the goals in. It's no surprise that when he links up England Kane, Sterling etc the pressure is off him a bit he can play in his normal position, relax and guess what, he plays a blinder.

Get off his back, he's a really talented winger, once you have Martial back properly, Rashford's back on the left and the pressure is off just a little he might surprise you all.
Yes. Fully agree with you.
The thing I dislike most is the constant criticism our younger players get.
You could easily see yesterday how devastating he can be when used correctly.
He rarely has a bad game for England.
Says a lot about the capability of Gareth Southgate compared to Ole doesn't it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes. Fully agree with you.
The thing I dislike most is the constant criticism our younger players get.
You could easily see yesterday how devastating he can be when used correctly.
He rarely has a bad game for England.
Says a lot about the capability of Gareth Southgate compared to Ole doesn't it.
No need to make things up, that was a good performance, however his previous few for England this season have been poor.

I do think there is too much pressure on him at the moment, and having to play through injuries is also hurting him

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No need to make things up, that was a good performance, however his previous few for England this season have been poor.

I do think there is too much pressure on him at the moment, and having to play through injuries is also hurting him
There is a big difference between never and rarely.
If as you say I am making things up, which is completely incorrect, then why is he Gareth Southgate go to striker.

Cassidy

There is a big difference between never and rarely.
If as you say I am making things up, which is completely incorrect, then why is he Gareth Southgate go to striker.
He isn't, in fact Southgate has even said he isn't a number 9, Sancho replaced him in the lineup recently but Rashford got the nod in the last game

The go to striker is Kane, Sterling being the next wide forward with Rashford and Sancho battling. Odoi also got a look in before his injury

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He isn't, in fact Southgate has even said he isn't a number 9, Sancho replaced him in the lineup recently but Rashford got the nod in the last game

The go to striker is Kane, Sterling being the next wide forward with Rashford and Sancho battling. Odoi also got a look in before his injury
When Southgate plays with three forwards, Rashford as well as Kane and Stirling are the go to strikers/forwards. You can check the records if you like.
Southgate had the opportunity to play Abraham and Sancho. This was a big match for him and he chose Rashford.
I have never said he is a number 9 and that was the point about my initial post - Southgate knows how to get the most out of Rashford.

Cassidy

When Southgate plays with three forwards, Rashford as well as Kane and Stirling are the go to strikers/forwards. You can check the records if you like.
Southgate had the opportunity to play Abraham and Sancho. This was a big match for him and he chose Rashford.
I have never said he is a number 9 and that was the point about my initial post - Southgate knows how to get the most out of Rashford.
Cannot play the position.. anyway moving on

arthurka

:lol:
The state of this place.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Think he means forward. It’s pretty well documented that Rashford has played more England games than any other player during Southgates tenure.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

This.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good goal and a tidy performance I thought. I hope it spurs him on because we desperately need him this season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Looks better on the left. Hopefully the saps beating Jose with a stick for not playing him up front now understand. He's never a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.