Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
His future is LW.

9 goals so far in all comps. Hopefully he can hit 20+.

He seems to me like a player that knows he can do something special every time he gets the ball but it's not flowing naturally, he's kind of forcing it out every time. I'm not too worried about the finishing, he got the goal that mattered to restore our cushion, I just hope he improves his link-up play with Martial when he receives the ball in #10 positions, that aspect was sorely lacking today.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Really pleased with that performance. Exhilarating stuff - that flip flap my Lord - and yes he messed up the easy chances but as long as he put one away in the end (brilliant finish that one was) then it is all good. Starting to win me over. Rash and Martial.. dynamic duo!

Drainy

He tries to do things too fast and forces it in front of goal.

Still only 22 can improve his composure. The other issue for me is his movement on crosses, he is way too static (as is Martial, to be honest).

-Supreme-

There was nothing open about that goal, there were two defenders in the way and he had to shoot with minimal backlift. It was a very good finish.
Yes it was a good finish but expected him to score from that position, and I'm sure most would be disappointed if he had missed that

He's great coming in from the left but my god he can't finish. It's going to cost us in some games.

TommiHelm

No doubting his talent, but he's trying to hard, he's to rash (yea). I don't buy the 'he's only 22' argument, he's had 3 full seasons with 30+ appearances at this level now. He should have improved this part of his game already. I really hope he lives up to his potential, but I don't think he will as long as people keep acting like he's the next Ronaldo. It's clearly gotten to his head, the way he's always trying to be spectacular. Even the goal today he damn near blasted into the bar. He needs to just take a step back and stop trying to be something he's not. You can still be bloody good and not be Ronaldo.

On the bright side he seems to have gotten rid of the blinders and realized you don't have to score every goal yourself these last few matches. May be just down to playing on the left instead of up front though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nice finish and an entertaining performance. Don't take issue with the missed chances but I do feel he needs to find his team mates in the box more. Tends to have too much tunnel vision in the final third. But regardless, enjoyable performance.

Ace of Spades

Good game, could and should have had a hattrick. Hope he improves his finishing, and he will be top class.

IAmAWinner

Infuriating player tbh, he fecks up the basics, yet does the difficult well. Awful miss.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Once this guys sorts out his finishing and i'm not even talking about him being utterly clinical or anything, if he improves it which i'm expecting he will and improve his decision making a bit(be a bit more unselfish, or simply lift his head up when in dangerous areas) then i'm sure we won't be seeing people compare him to Tammy. Though even right now he's already good and he has still so much room sto improve

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He looked very frustrated by the end, which is good to see. It means he's aware that he can be better.

When he improves his finishing, my goodness.. what a player he'll be.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still putting it all together, but he’ll break 20 this season and 30 next season I predict.

Obiorahking_

Sterling at this stage still had a knack for bottling( though he was a far superior passer). itll come to him.

No doubting his talent, but he's trying to hard, he's to rash (yea). I don't buy the 'he's only 22' argument, he's had 3 full seasons with 30+ appearances at this level now. He should have improved this part of his game already. I really hope he lives up to his potential, but I don't think he will as long as people keep acting like he's the next Ronaldo. It's clearly gotten to his head, the way he's always trying to be spectacular. Even the goal today he damn near blasted into the bar. He needs to just take a step back and stop trying to be something he's not. You can still be bloody good and not be Ronaldo.

On the bright side he seems to have gotten rid of the blinders and realized you don't have to score every goal yourself these last few matches. May be just down to playing on the left instead of up front though.
You don’t buy people making an excuse for a 22 year old boy by saying ”he’s only 22”. Fexk me @TommiHelm

Has years to work on his game and he’s miles better now than he was 3 years ago so the improvement is certainly there.

ottosec

Lacks the composure to finish the easy chances, but he's still young. He's been doing really well lately.

Great to see!

Raven

Another good performance. Couple of improvement needed though, obviously his finishing and decision making, but his unwillingness to even attempt to head the ball is starting to annoy me a little as well. There were a couple of good crosses which he may have scored from, it's something he should be working on because he's quite a big lad these days and not everything will come in at ground level.

dablem_10

even goal itself as it was nice, it is quite stupid to bomb it to the corner of goal, once it is goal, next 8 times it would be not on goal. But anyway great goal, confidience is back and Marcus hungry

Brightonian

Demonstrated today exactly why we should be ecstatic to have a player like this in the team, and at the same time that he has yet to make any real progress on the poor finishing that will hold him back from fulfilling his full potential until he fixes it. Absolutely a joy to watch, fearless and often impossible to defend against. But all of that is good for nothing if he can't put the ball in the net more.

It's no exaggeration to say that he should have come away from the last two games with six goals in total. He could have had even more than that.

Oh and that elastico was filthy :devil:

jem

I think he has been fantastic since the last international break. An impact player in every way. Yes the finishing is erratic, but he is so lively and threatening coming in from the left. Long may it continue.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The move where he missed the chance shooting with his left foot sums him up. De Gea collected the ball and he was next to him in our box, defending. As soon as De Gea caught the call he made the sprint to left wing position to receive the pass from De Gea and then turned into counter attacking situation.

His overall game was again very good, shame he didn’t finish the chance he created by dribbling from left wing, like Ronaldo vs Fulham. And then at the end of the game when he beat the player with elastico skill.

The missed chance that James created was awful though, he should be scoring them.

Overall it was good and lively game from Rashford and good that he scored again.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Probably his best form since he came though. Shame about his finishing at the moment.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Still a poor finisher and makes the wrong decision the majority of the time. Martial is making him look better than he is at the moment. Still, good to see him with some confidence again and if he can improve on his decision making and finishing as he moves into his mid twenties then he will be a very good player.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Another good performance. Couple of improvement needed though, obviously his finishing and decision making, but his unwillingness to even attempt to head the ball is starting to annoy me a little as well. There were a couple of good crosses which he may have scored from, it's something he should be working on because he's quite a big lad these days and not everything will come in at ground level.
I noticed the issue with heading the ball during this game as well. There was one cross in particular that if he went for it he could have had a header on goal but he didn't even attempt to run or jump for the ball. I was thinking to myself, if that was Zlatan that would have been a goal. Not saying I want Zlatan back but it would be nice if Rashford could add heading to his game.

stu_1992

He's playing very well in the last few games, missed chances aside. Yes those are very frustrating but it tells us more than another that he's just not a pure number 9 (at least not at this point) but can still be an extremely effective attacking player in the right system. Martial's return has done wonders for him and even his general play is unrecognisable from a few weeks ago.

Ollie Derbyshire

As frustrating as he is with his finishing by the end of season both he and Martial will be very close to being 10 and 11th in our highest scoring premier league players. Taking into account the last few years and how poor we have been that’s decent going.

If we keep both of these they will only get better, some of the inter play between them recently has been very good. They just need to stay fit and keep improving. Having James as well takes some pressure off them as opposing teams know they have to cover him as well due to his speed alone.

He can be frustrating but so were many other great players at his age.

Stacks

All he can do is keep scoring. Goal and assist contributions keep people quiet so keep going lad. He may not be clinical and has roughness about his game but that's why he should not be our main goal threat. He can be our Pedro and I am happy with that!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
A top attacking coach could work some serious miracles with our front 3.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Louis Saha scored some fantastic goals and had a semi-decent return considering he was injured all the time and yet even in his 2003/04 when he joined and scored 20 goals in the league in total you never believed he'd put the simple chances away. One on one's and easy goals he routinely missed but he scored belters.

Rashford seems to be cut from the similar cloth. Give him a tough shot where he can wallop it then he'll score worldies but tap ins? Never.

Let's hope Martial can score tap ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.