5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFreshKing

He's sensational at the moment but I'd imagine those ratings mostly come from his stint at striker when Martial was injured, which was admittedly poor.
It's an average rating so it includes all the games. Given that more sensible posters will have him around 7 that means some must have him at 3..... Laughable for anyone critiquing his season, let alone a fan. 14 goals from wing forward from less than half a season. 3 out of 10.

eire-red

He's gone from being questioned, criticised and called not good enough to out talisman in the last few months. Since the international break his form has been incredible, he's unlucky not to have two hat-tricks back to back against Spurs and City no less. Phenomenal stuff.

It seems every aspect of his game has gone up another level or two. Physically, decision making, passing, I literally feel he could smash one in the top corner every time he shoots. And he's still only 22 with so much to learn.

There were points last season where I really thought he might not make it, his form was so up and down, and he was trying to do the impossible too often. It's a common theme with young players, but it's seems like the penny has finally dropped for him.

He's doing the simple things really well, like all great players, and what makes players and teams great is not that they do the simple stuff incredibly well, but the speed they do it at. Get Pobga back in the team asap, and let's see what these guys can do with our most creative force back in the squad.

432JuanMata

It’s impressive but Ronaldo at 23 went to a level I don’t Rashford will be able to keep up with(hope he could). Since Ronaldo turned 23/24 he has averaged over 45 a season. Rashford is improving everyday and if he can hit 30+ a season would be immense but then comparisons are worthless as only 0.1% improve like Ron did

Ibi Dreams

Footballers heights often seem wrong on sites like that, they probably had a profile on him for ages and haven't changed it. I'm sure he's over 6 foot

-Supreme-

Poor game.

Does he have anything in his locker except for going for the low percentage shots?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Worst performance in months.

Totally invisible for most of the game then popped up near the end to put in some shite crosses.

He was due a bad game and this was it.
Indeed, he's carried us this season and today we came across a side he's never scored a goal against and you could tell he just wasn't at the races from the first minute

Can't rely on him every week

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Back to his worst today. Wish he'd just keep it simple when he's not feeling it, instead he gets more extravagant and tries to score wonder goals every time he gets it.

The problem is we do rely on him to create something out of nothing, but he just felt toothless today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Didn't think he was bad tbh. Only one in the attack/midfield who was pushing and trying things. His shots were fine too and looked a threat. Overran a few times and not as good as his last few, but he was fine. Much bigger issue were the others.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Quiet game, they knew he was our main threat so they knew how to nullify him. Some decent shots, some shit ones, but still our main threat.

Does he have anything in his locker except for going for the low percentage shots?
Well if you've seen his last 10 or so games you would probably know.

-Supreme-

Quiet game, they knew he was our main threat so they knew how to nullify him. Some decent shots, some shit ones, but still our main threat.

Well if you've seen his last 10 or so games you would probably know.
Yes he was good in the past 10 games but I've also seen the poor games since February.

Thought he was poor, looked out of it for the most part but is the only one who can really create for himself on our team so we rely on him. Nice run at the end that Mata fecked up. Needs to stop trying to catch keepers out from acute angles on freekicks though, it has never worked and just wastes a set piece (though we do that anyways)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had quiet game, this is when others should step up. We can't rely on him to carry us every game, no player can do that except Messi.

-Supreme-

People on his neck again for no reason. What did Martial do this game? Please point out 1 good thing he actually did?
People here is so sensitive talking about Rashford.

We're in the Rashford's thread, why bother bringing Martial into discussion?

DoomSlayer

People here is so sensitive talking about Rashford.

We're in the Rashford's thread, why bother bringing Martial into discussion?
Because Rashford has been carrying us this season and we have other attackers on the field who deserve a lot more criticism.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
People on his neck again for no reason. What did Martial do this game? Please point out 1 good thing he actually did?
Ball-retention to turn at the defense, making passes to the wings for crosses, dangerous runs that went unrewarded, earned a penalty that should have been called. He was better than Rashford since you feel the need to bring him up.

Mind you, that's not saying he had a good performance either, just less shit.

SteveW

Usual eagerness was there but he had one of his poor decision making games. He was due one tbf.

-Supreme-

Because Rashford has been carrying us this season and we have other attackers on the field who deserve a lot more criticism.
Well i'm sure you have eyes and can clearly see people aren't happy with Martial's performance either.

Rashford rightly deserves constructive feedback on his performance regardless of how he has performed this season

DoomSlayer

Ball-retention to turn at the defense, making passes to the wings for crosses, dangerous runs that went unrewarded, earned a penalty that should have been called. He was better than Rashford since you feel the need to bring him up.

Mind you, that's not saying he had a good performance either, just less shit.
It's like we were watching different games. Martial was invisible and didn't create anything today, total lack of intensity to his game when we needed a goal.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's like we were watching different games. Martial was invisible and didn't create anything today, total lack of intensity to his game when we needed a goal.
Well, I was watching United-Everton, what about you?

Then again, you go to the Martial thread and it's also like people watched a different game.

DoomSlayer

Well, I was watching United-Everton, what about you?

Then again, you go to the Martial thread and it's also like people watched a different game.
Not really, Martial was terrible and the lack of desire is even worse to see when we are a goal down. Not having that.

Zoo

Rashford and Martial were poor today. Both of them have enough experience now and need to learn how to work themselves into games which may not suit them.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not really, Martial was terrible and the lack of desire is even worse to see when we are a goal down. Not having that.
You say lack of desire, I say he had plenty of desire with numerous runs that could have been dangerous had they not been completely ignored. You seem to isolate those out of your minds and focus on one or two times he might not have been at the perfect spot for a cross, crosses which he was creating numerous times for the wingers which didn't always give him time to get into a dangerous position, which is where Rashford/James and Lingard should be jumping on them, if most of them weren't so poor.

But we're getting off-topic.

DoomSlayer

You say lack of desire, I say he had plenty of desire with numerous runs that could have been dangerous had they not been completely ignored. You seem to isolate those out of your minds and focus on one or two times he might not have been at the perfect spot for a cross, crosses which he was creating numerous times for the wingers which didn't always give him time to get into a dangerous position, which is where Rashford/James and Lingard should be jumping on them, if most of them weren't so poor.

But we're getting off-topic.
I saw no runs from Martial, what runs are you talking about? Lingard was incredibly bad and James had an average game but still registered an assist. Now I'm starting to see a lot more why people want us to get Haaland.

Paul_Scholes18

Both Martial and Rashford played poorly today after being brilliant against City. We badly struggle against defensive sides and particulary Rashford do not really know how to pass and move to find space and time.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I saw no runs from Martial, what runs are you talking about? Lingard was incredibly bad and James had an average game but still registered an assist. Now I'm starting to see a lot more why people want us to get Haaland.
Well then, what are we talking about? You're telling me you didn't see things that happened in the game, I'm not going to try to convince you of something you didn't even see despite the fact it happened several times throughout the game.

As far as Haaland is concerned, anyone who doesn't want to get the kid, especially if it's for a reasonable fee, is crazy IMO. I think he could be huge here, and I also think he and United would do a lot better with Martial starting with him rather than competing with one another

DoomSlayer

Well then, what are we talking about? You're telling me you didn't see things that happened in the game, I'm not going to try to convince you of something you didn't even see despite the fact it happened several times throughout the game.

As far as Haaland is concerned, anyone who doesn't want to get the kid, especially if it's for a reasonable fee, is crazy IMO. I think he could be huge here, and I also think he and United would do a lot better with Martial starting with him rather than competing with one another
They can't start together and Rashford is better than Martial. Unless you mean Martial has to play on the right, where he has been useless every time that a manager has tried that.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They can't start together and Rashford is better than Martial. Unless you mean Martial has to play on the right, where he has been useless every time that a manager has tried that.
Nah, I wouldn't put Martial (or Rashford) on the right, because I agree with you there.
Rashford is in a better form than Martial, but he's not a better player than him, not yet at least. Martial has a comfortably better first touch, hold-up play, decision making with the ball at his feet, incisive passing, and finishing than Rashford...all qualities I would say benefit Haaland more than Rashford, but there's a way to keep all of them on the field. You lose Lingard, you change up the formation a bit so Martial is not a like-for-like replacement to Lingard, but as a SS right behind Haaland.

It's not as if what's been done before is setting the world on fire, so I would like to see how that formation works with a player like Haaland leading the line.

DoomSlayer

Nah, I wouldn't put Martial (or Rashford) on the right, because I agree with you there.
Rashford is in a better form than Martial, but he's not a better player than him, not yet at least. Martial has a comfortably better first touch, hold-up play, decision making with the ball at his feet, incisive passing, and finishing than Rashford...all qualities I would say benefit Haaland more than Rashford, but there's a way to keep all of them on the field. You lose Lingard, you change up the formation a bit so Martial is not a like-for-like replacement to Lingard, but as a SS right behind Haaland.

It's not as if what's been done before is setting the world on fire, so I would like to see how that formation works with a player like Haaland leading the line.
Rashford is a lot more effective and dangerous than Martial, also never downs his intensity or work-rate, even when stuff aren't coming off. That's why there can be no comparison right now and is the reason why the club is even looking at someone like Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.