Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Voted him as man of the match but he was poor in the first half. He could have scored 2-3 goals and worst part is he didn't even hit the target. He stepped up in the second half. Shame he didn't get the second goal, thought he scored it.

Also the assist for Martial was well worked goal, that's how we should unlock defensive teams. Over the top ball, first touch cross/pass with attackers making the runs.

Strelok

5.5 score for the best striker just shows how miserable life most posters have.They show the frustrations by attacking players, as if MU is responsible for their happiness.
It's a bit too much I think tbh.

Of course there are some with a negative nature but it's not the case for most people imo.

I think the tendency for fans to talk shit about their own players and team is caused by the fact that most fans only watch their supported club and only watch other clubs/players through highlights (their best moments).

They don't watch other teams often enough to realise that most players/teams (except very few) usually have 85' of mediocre or shit and 5' of good stuff per game. Which that good 5' will usually go to the highlights but not the bad 85'.

They compare 90' of their own players/team against that good 5' of other team/players on a regular basis so of course in the end their own players/team look much more crap than they actually are.

I have a group of closed friends who often watch football and drink together. We're 6 and support 5 different clubs. We have more rational views I think since we happen to watch a lot more teams and players than other fans usually do. However our topic most of the time was still how shit our own players/team are :lol:

P/S: another thing I've noticed is other smaller clubs seem to perform much better against us than they usually do. Don't know why though.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure what happened to his first touch in the first half, seemed a bit all over the place but he showed a very good attitude in the 2nd half and got his act together. Beautiful goal on the 1st, and got himself in the box for an easy tap in which he doesn't usually do.

His athleticism really shows against lower league opposition.

He's having a great season out on the left but its clear we still need a top striker for the middle. It's so frustrating how many golden chances he misses and they are going to cost us, we need another outlet who will put them away. Leave him on the left to run at defences and take as many chances as he needs. He's our secondary source of goals for the future but he's not our RVN/RVP.

Stacks

Still needs to concentrate more.

I like his trajectory now, but the simplest things he tend to feck up for no reason.

That's just the negative comment i have about him, go on Rashy, we count on you.
Voted him as man of the match but he was poor in the first half. He could have scored 2-3 goals and worst part is he didn't even hit the target. He stepped up in the second half. Shame he didn't get the second goal, thought he scored it.

Also the assist for Martial was well worked goal, that's how we should unlock defensive teams. Over the top ball, first touch cross/pass with attackers making the runs.
All of this is ok if his role is support cast as opposed to main guy. Sometimes Salah has games where he is playing awful where as Mane is the reliable one. So long as we have 1 or 2 other attackers who will perform consistent for the 90 minutes then Rashford swings will be manageable

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not really. When we're bad he's usually our worst player, when we're good he's usually our best player, and we've been all over the place this season.
I don't agree with that but fair enough. I can think of several players who have been worse this season, and his form so far this season warrants better than 5.6 out of 10 for me.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not really. When we're bad he's usually our worst player, when we're good he's usually our best player, and we've been all over the place this season.
When he’s bad he doesn’t go invisible, the intensity is always there, it just doesn’t come off for him. That’s what I appreciate most. He’s tenacious and not really a type of player to phase out of games. Confidence like that will ensure he turns into a proper United star.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Certainly has the work rate, even if it's not going his way.

Can show inexplicable ability to not do the basics though, like those 2 chances he wasted by not controlling a ball when clean through v Colchester.

VJ1762

He can have really bad games, less and less often though recently which is a great sign, but he's always working hard.
most of our attacking play goes through him, so when he is having an off day, it really looks bad. That is where you require other players to step up. Salah and the like have bad games as well, but they have other players producing, so it is less noticeable.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...all-go-hand-in-hand?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Sync

Has a great interview with Santan Dave. Below is a small part of it.

Dave: So you don’t go mad when you lose?

MR In the past, when we lost games and other players were just getting on with their day, I couldn’t get my head around it. Some people don’t have that connection I have with the club. That’s fine, they still give 100%. But it’s different for me. I’m a fan, I went to matches. And then probably eight months ago, things started to click. I’d got stuck in that up-and-down phase for too long. And it’s no good, cos you’re going to training the next day and if you’re still thinking about the day before, you can’t do your best. The games are a chance to showcase it, but the development’s done on the training pitch.

Ancient Of Days

He's been electric since the international break, and the manager definitely deserves credit for bringing the best out of him. And I love the fact that he is proving his critics wrong. He needs to continue to carry that fire in his belly.

The only thing I would say is that I wish someone in the dressing room would pull him to one side and tell him he's not C.Ronaldo and not every free kick needs to be an attempt on goal.

If Ole can perform a similar turnaround with our style of play on the pitch and show more flexibility with tactics, then he deserves to be trusted to lead the team into next season

TrustInOle

Probably the player with the best mentality and drive at the club. If only Martial has his
Agreed, already been said, but very Ronaldo-esqe in that aspect. That drive is what makes the difference at the top level where 1% matters.

Watford 2:0 Man Utd

el3mel

Was invisible apart from very poor FK and some poor shooting. Though as I said previously he has been our best player this season, so I can deal with him having one poor game.

Andersons Dietician

He keeps going round in circles, plays well, scores goal gets the confidence up and then he starts to take on stupid shots, not pass, run up dead ends and becomes a bit of a detriment to the team. Then we reset back to him passing linking up being good for the team and the cycle continues.

Today if he’d only pass the ball to Shaw or Martial or whomever we’d have massively improved but he tries to do everything himself.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was terrible today. And should have squared the ball to Mason on his late shot.

Invisible today aside from that missed chance at the end. Love the guy, but one thing about him absolutely infuriates me. It's insane that he's given free reign to shoot when we have freekicks from the tightest angles. He gets it on target most of the time but the keepers never even look close to being troubled by it and just punch it out. It's either selfishness or instructions from the coaching staff, either way it needs to stop. We're already shite at set pieces but this is just a waste. Put a bouncing ball into the box and hope for some luck at this point

Alabaster Codify7

Can you believe that our management team felt that Rashford, Martial and a teenage boy were adequate striking options for this season? Especially considering none of them are proven 20+ goal a season guys.

I can believe it. Because we are a fecking shambles.

Banter FC.

kundalini

Rashford's first half performance was terrible, giving away possession time after time. Most of Watford's attacks were counters after Marcus had gifted them the ball.

Better in the 2nd half.

Andersons Dietician

You know what was arguably his most annoying moment today. Before he had that free kick, Shaw is there wide open offering the ball but for some reason Rashford decides to have some sort of bumping competition with the defender. He’s gotten away from him a few times and can easily pass it and keep us moving but he keeps going back to the defender to have a competition of strength.

Somehow Rashford got a free kick even though it seemed like he was being the aggressor and then he does what he normally does and just pings it as hard as he can from an almost impossible angle straight at the keeper.

If I could be bothered going through the game again I’d love to count the numerous times he ignored Shaw’s runs outside or inside of him or generally anyone that was offering themselves for the ball.

Irwin99

Never stops trying but it just didn't work out for him today. Can't fault the effort.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like that he so much self belief, but I wish he was less selfish. A lot of time the best option is to pick the easy pass instead of trying to take on 2 defenders. It helps keep the ball and build momentum, it's little things like that make a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.