Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can you believe that our management team felt that Rashford, Martial and a teenage boy were adequate striking options for this season? Especially considering none of them are proven 20+ goal a season guys.

I can believe it. Because we are a fecking shambles.

Banter FC.
We can’t keep them as back up forever, they have to sink or swim at some stage. And it cannot be said that Rashford at least hasn’t shown himself worthy of being first choice this season, and that Greenwood has not shown himself worthy of being a back up. Martial has not yet taken his chance with both hands, partly due to him, partly due to injury.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very disappointed with him today. These are the sort of matches we need him to step up and do something.

way too many inconsistent first touches and crap passes. 2nd half was pretty much invisible then got moved into the centre and genuinely might as well have been subbed.

martial did more on the left in 20 minutes than rashford did all game. He needs to learn to be more patient and stick to his role instead of going drifting inside all the time.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Missed two big chances, just because he's not clinical enough. He's still young, but he's so far away as a striker and shouldn't be considered as backup either. Stick him to LF or occasionally RF.

Giggsyking

It is not easy, but he should have tried to play it with his right foot over the keeper.

SATA

I think he’s been playing a lot this season. He is only 21-22 years old of age after all. Still a young boy who could suffer from burn out later on. This is why we need a second striker and shift Martial to the left to share duties with him. Martial for me is still better on the left wing but that’s for another discussion in his own thread

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he’s been playing a lot this season. He is only 21-22 years old of age after all. Still a young boy who could suffer from burn out later on. This is why we need a second striker and shift Martial to the left to share duties with him. Martial for me is still better on the left wing but that’s for another discussion in his own thread
Not really. Get Sancho or play Greenwood is also another way.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good header, good to see him score headers. It wasn't even easy one.

Utdstar01

We were really congested once he and Tony went off. No width at all which is why we found it hard to break them down after the 4th goal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Glad he’s becoming a consistent goal scorer.
Yep, did nothing today really but scored the best goal (and hardest) of the night

I've noticed his performances have dropped in recent games but if he keeps scoring that's what'll take his game to new levels

kiristao

Good header but he needs to stop being so selfish. Way to often he has teammate in a superb position and instead of passing he shoots.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not sure I've seen him score a towering header before.

Great goal.
I don't think he has. If he learns that trait, that will give him a totally different dimension.

Love Marcus whenever he concentrates on the basics, he does them so well and its paying dividends.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I know it's tiresome comparing him to Ronaldo but that header was Ronaldo-esque. Hell, even the way he has his long sleeves pulled up a bit is reminiscent of Ronaldo :lol:

OL29

Yep, did nothing today really but scored the best goal (and hardest) of the night

I've noticed his performances have dropped in recent games but if he keeps scoring that's what'll take his game to new levels
Yep, I think it’s a key stage in his development for him to still impact the score line even in a quiet game. Poor performances are quickly forgotten if he can keep getting on the scoresheet.

always_hoping

Rashford has now scored 15 goals in 25 appearances this season. Lukaku scored 15 goals in 45 appearances last season for United.

LJJT

I know it's tiresome comparing him to Ronaldo but that header was Ronaldo-esque. Hell, even the way he has his long sleeves pulled up a bit is reminiscent of Ronaldo :lol:
Agree 100% and was coming to say the same. Quiet game from him but got a goal, can’t complain. He’s turning in to a physical beast

Ace of Spades

Good goal, and if he wants to be a top player he needs to score even when he is having an average game.

Red00012

Great header , I remember him missing 2 headers v Newcastle last year at OT , one was a sitter , the other was a decent chance at best .
He seems to have been working on heading the last 12 months.

He's goal hungry now so even in his quieter games he carries a massive threat, I think we've got the LF role locked down for years and years as Rashford has 100% shown he's of the required quality.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't think he has. If he learns that trait, that will give him a totally different dimension.

Love Marcus whenever he concentrates on the basics, he does them so well and its paying dividends.
He's big and tall and strong so there's no reason why he can't be a good header of the ball.

Hopefully it's a new aspect to his game.

He'sRaldo

21 contributions in 25 matches, scoring while playing quietly, scoring headers... He's really progressing.

If he can start attacking the far post on crosses he'll significantly add to his numbers.

He's big and tall and strong so there's no reason why he can't be a good header of the ball.

Hopefully it's a new aspect to his game.
clearly Ronaldo is an influence on Rashford, if he can start to head the ball like him it will be a real step forward. We need more players who can score headers.

el3mel

Superp header. He's starting to become a goal scoring machine. 16 goals in 25 games is an excellent record.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Vs Arsenal on his pl debut. Much better header technically, that. He’s 6’3 and with that leap should be scoring more in the air.
Rashford is definitely not 6’3.

6’1 at the most

Status
Not open for further replies.