5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetRightFoot

The state of some of these comments....he’s limited, he’s a kick and rush merchant, he’s not that good, not good enough for this level, been crap for two years etc...they’re so bad they make my eyes bleed!!! Do these posters actually watch him? Really watch him!?
Also, check Rashford’s stats against Ronaldo, Rooney, Kane and a few of their peers...he is very similar to them at this stage of their careers. They were ticking along in the high single/low double figures and then had a big breakout season around this point in Rashford’s career so there is precedent for strikers making a massive leap from good to great....he may not of course but the tools are in place so there is a good chance it could happen (this goes for Martial too by the way...)
Completely agree. The state of some if the comments in here is mind boggling...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Rashford only becomes a kick-and-run-merchant when he plays purely on frustration which,ironically,frustrates every fan watching on TV or in attendance.

Red71

He has got ability and potential, but his selfishness annoys me greatly. He should work on his game and not act like he is already a superstar.
Also, at the same age Emile Heskey had 3 seasons with 10 premier league goals so it's not like improvement is guaranteed!
I’ve already covered off what you’ve said in my two messages above but to reiterate:

He is obviously learning on the job so would understand that “he should work on his game”. Probably not ideal but there it is. They also train most days so plenty of time to “work on his game”.

“Not act like he’s a superstar” vs be ambitious, try things, Show imagination etc....tom-ay-toes, tomatoes....maturity will undoubtedly help too.

I also said that there was a precedent for Rashford taking the leap to the next level, not that he would. For every Ronaldo, there is a Heskey. I would just hope that you recognise Rashford is better than dear old Emile....

Omahahaha

I’ve already covered off what you’ve said in my two messages above but to reiterate:

He is obviously learning on the job so would understand that “he should work on his game”. Probably not ideal but there it is. They also train most days so plenty of time to “work on his game”.

“Not act like he’s a superstar” vs be ambitious, try things, Show imagination etc....tom-ay-toes, tomatoes....maturity will undoubtedly help too.

I also said that there was a precedent for Rashford taking the leap to the next level, not that he would. For every Ronaldo, there is a Heskey. I would just hope that you recognise Rashford is better than dear old Emile....
I really dislike the phrase "learning on the job", gives me Moyes-flashbacks.
A player that needs to learn on the job should not be an automatic starter at a club of this stature.

He shouldn't try so many low percentage plays, long shots, free kicks from far away, flicks.
I think he would be more productive if he stuck to his strengths, getting in behind, utilizing his teammates more etc.

What worries me is that he seems to show a lot more immaturity in his game nowadays compared to when he was breaking in to the team and wasn't an automatic starter.

For sure I prefer Rashford to Heskey, and hope he will iron out his weaknesses. :)

Grande

I have a whole lot of time for Marcus Rashford. Two goals and one assist from three games is a good start for a wide forward, and he could easily had more. Pen against the post, pen he should have taken, pen we should have had, the cross to Martial against Wolves... Yet I don’t think his all round game has been so good these three games. More missed passes and ball losses than usual. Some frustrating choices. I think he demands a lot of himself, particularly now he and Martial are the main men and Lukaku and Sanchez is out. Probably he overdoes a lot of things. Then again, if he’d had four goals and two assists from three games, it wouldn’t have mattered. So he’s not far off.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Funny you say that but every Arsenal, Liverpool fan I speak to will have BOTH of them in their teams.

I do not think either of them are average, they are both very young, most strikers come into their own at 24. Martial this year has looked different. Maybe because he is playing where he wants to?
I actually think lacazette is better than Martial, even older, but better. Then, for the scouses, I am not really sure about their say, but I don't think that you can compare Martial with Mane or Rashford vs Firminho... They won the CL being important to their team, when we struggled to finish 6th with them.

romufc

I actually think lacazette is better than Martial, even older, but better. Then, for the scouses, I am not really sure about their say, but I don't think that you can compare Martial with Mane or Rashford vs Firminho... They won the CL being important to their team, when we struggled to finish 6th with them.
Yes we finished 6th so all the players are rubbish. No wonder why Pogba would get into any other team.

Southampton 1:1 Man Utd

Erics_Collar

His ever-presence in the team and his status as a £250k-a-week, must-start key player is one of the bigger problems (ownership issues aside) of this team.

He has been wasteful, ineffective and actually a negative impact on this team for the calender year.

He's regressed as a player since he became the first name on Ole's teamsheet. No longer eager or hard working. A selfish, petulant and greedy player.

We all wanted consistency from Rashford. We have it now. He's been very consistent for the last 7/8 months unfortunately.

Man-United

Why did he just walk away from Vestergaard leaving Lindelof alone for the header?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Outside of United fans there's nobody that doesn't think that.

Bojan11

Someone called him a championship player and they not far off.

mewnew11

Rashfords version of playing football is get the ball kick it forward and have a race with it

binary bot
I'm a fan of him but that was really, really bad. So much faster than the average CB and James put about 5 balls right across the six yard box and he was nowhere to be seen.

Based Adnan

Not good enough to be starting 9 for a top 4 team. It's massively obvious to everyone bar our manager it seems. Completely brainless in possession.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We're relying on this guy scoring 20 goals for ours to be anything reminiscent of a successful season.

Stadjer

Not smart enough to be a number 9. When he can hit the ball and sprint past his opponent without thinking he can be usefull but when he has to think quick he is has no use at all.

Martial is by far the better number 9. If Rashford doesnt improve and we will finally get a good right winger he should be on the bench if James keeps playing like today. I do think he could actually be a decent option as a sub though.

edgecutter

Indubitably better out wide, not central.

For a start his biggest asset is pace, which is clearly best exploited in space. He has poor heading technique too.
And I don't think he is a great winger either. Serious questions about whether he should be leading us forward, but he is till young and will be inconsistent. That said we don't have space for passengers.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He gets a 3 at best for that match. He’s an awful striker unless we’re countering and he’s got space to run into.

No wonder ole prefers martial.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not given much of a chance by our support boys.

A couple of half chances at best.

el3mel

Can't believe we're depending on him to score +20 this season. We're doomed.

He has these periods of being trash every season. He keeps alternating between periods of being great to ones of being trash. Nothing new. Terrible decision to enter the season depending on him as striker option.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Rubbish. Other than his first 3 months, he's never once looked good enough. So selfish and believed he made it along time ago. Don't like him or Jesse.

tjb

he better learn how to play from the right. Martial's clearly the better striker and it seems like Dan James is more effective that either he or martial are as left wingers. He could very well find himself a bench player for utd soon. Greenwood is coming fast, and there is a high chance we sign another winger by next season. Maybe this is just what he is, decent, but not man utd attacker standard.

King Andow

Another horrendous game, should be benched. Rashy show vs Southampton @GifLord, please.
0:20, 27:50, 30:04, 32:20, 42:52, 49:50, 58:57, 77:33. And I didn't got at least another 4 moments, including the tap ins he missed by bad positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.