5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dve

Holy feck, he came in at faster than James?? James is one of the fastest players I've ever seen, only Traore for Wolves is faster IMO
Imagine signing Haaland. He´s matching Rashford on spead, crossing the 36 line as well. Rashford Haaland James. Holy feck.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Even so, James at top speed is a lightning bolt - Rashford's always been very quick, but to be coming in as fast as he has is astounding

To add to this, some controversy...

:lol:
I love Twitter :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The position he scored the goal today against Kosovo is where I want him to line up for United.

Not too glued to the touch line where he spends too much time on the ball trying to take on his players. I want him to be this deadly finisher playing off angles - but also play in partnership so that he isn't centralised alone.

To do that he needs Greenwood or even Haaland with their left foot finishing doing the same thing.

The return of strikers partnerships is looking very likely to me.

ArjenIsM3

The Brighton game was a great example of Rashford and James threatening with their athleticism. See post #2701. I wish stats concerning top speed were (always) contextualised by a visual example, or a time stamp. Take Sane's speed record, we all know he has electrifying pace, with him bullying the likes of Bellerin on more than one occasion. However, his absolute reported top speed is rather humorous when you see the visual example. 1:08 - 1:22

I remember reading about Bale's example. When I saw the footage, I was less than impressed.
From that video I conclude he's a diving cnut who likes to shake his head.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The goal was reminiscent of Henry

Few skills too

The difference with him recently is usually he would give that pass to sterling the go back to walking and ball watch.

Now he’s laying it off and sprinting towards goal at full speed. I think the penny has finally dropped with him now that he needs to attack the space, and with his speed very few can stop him.

it’s nice to see him finessing it also, instead of the usual Marcus smashford.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
So, is he on 10 England goals? If so, it's crazy that he's only two behind Sterling who debuted a good few years before him, and is pretty much in his prime, too.

He could end up surpassing Rooney with Kane at this rate.
Even better given this place has crown Sterling as England best player and messiah while Rashford should lose his place to Sancho.

Glad he's maintained a consistent run of form and this place is off his back. The way our players get underrated while everyone else not playing for us get overrated has never cease to amaze me.

MrBest

4 weeks ago people were writing him off. Funny how opinions change. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Rashford is 22 and already achieved more than most players that age. He will only get better over the next 12 to 24 months, i think he has serious potential. James rashford and Martial is one scary attack in 3 years should all reach there potential and play in roles they are meant to.

Perseus

To be fair I think James would beat him in any acceleration drill, but Rashford's height will always give him an edge at top speed/pace
I agree with James, Rashford and Traore having the fastest sprints in the EPL. Not so sure about acceleration from a standing start though.

Swiss_Red89

Nice to hear the England Fans singing his name today after he scored, first time i noticed them doing it.

His game looks very good and matured at the moment and he comes back to Manchester full of convidence. I'm really looking forward to the next games with him, Martial and James as the attacking trio.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Whoever the manager is now or the future - Players like Martial & Rashford can't be chopping and changing positions. Competition is a completely different thing.

The finish today is something he gets in his locker with ease within 3/4 of a season playing in one position & something he can then carry for his career.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good goal, good to see him continuing his goal scoring record. Good to see him making the run after playing the pass to Sterling, picked up good position.

His skill to destroy defenders is always fun to see, will never understand why people keep repeating he is technically not good or just kick and run player.

Milo2035

Nice to hear the England Fans singing his name today after he scored, first time i noticed them doing it.

His game looks very good and matured at the moment and he comes back to Manchester full of convidence. I'm really looking forward to the next games with him, Martial and James as the attacking trio.
Only United fans love to criticise him. Sometime for ridiculous reasons, like his choice of clothes.
England fans love him for sure. Humble, hardworking and always delivers.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The difference with him recently is usually he would give that pass to sterling the go back to walking and ball watch.

Now he’s laying it off and sprinting towards goal at full speed. I think the penny has finally dropped with him now that he needs to attack the space, and with his speed very few can stop him.

it’s nice to see him finessing it also, instead of the usual Marcus smashford.
The only philosophy every footballer needs. Anderson was fat, could only "run" for 60 mins (jogging in the last 15 mins) but because He attacked the space, He won a Champions League. It's not coincidence.

RedCurry

The acid test here is maintaining this form. But Ole has to be careful to keep him fresh AND firing.

Definitely needs to score more goals in the box though, lovely finish tonight.
He’s a confidence player. He’s always scored in patches and then goes on a dry run of games. This patch of form started with the last international break where he scored for England. Form goes up and down for all players but truly world class forwards are relentless in the sense that even during their worst, they can pop up with a goal here and an assist there by just getting in the right areas. That’s something which comes with age and experience.

roonster09

Scout
He’s a confidence player. He’s always scored in patches and then goes on a dry run of games. This patch of form started with the last international break where he scored for England. Form goes up and down for all players but truly world class forwards are relentless in the sense that even during their worst, they can pop up with a goal here and an assist there by just getting in the right areas. That’s something which comes with age and experience.
Also when they don’t score, someone else will. So their dry patches or games without goals won’t matter much. At ManUtd we rely too much on few players.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Also when they don’t score, someone else will. So their dry patches or games without goals won’t matter much. At ManUtd we rely too much on few players.
True. Not his fault the likes of Sanchez, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Pogba etc. haven't been able to carry us. Rashford has been steadily developing since he arrived and has given us many fine moments already.

I do think criticism of him has been fair for the most part, but not from those just degrading his talent. He still has to improve in a lot of aspects, if he is to establish himself longterm but to me there really is no ceiling with him and he can go right to the very top as easy as he can stay inconsistent forever. Seems like he has turned a corner now, hopefully he can prolong this amazing form and take it a step further this time around.

Maybe he has suffered in his consistency from a lack of confidence from trying new things, to evolve into a more dangerous player, and he is just now mixing the new with the old. When on form like he is now, a few things he has struggled with lately just seems so natural again, like he has brought back a lot of elements he initially had but struggled with once his focus changed a bit. He has a lot in his locker now, with his much improved shooting technique etc.. much more than anyone probably thought he would have.

littlepeasoup

I'd been critical early on in the season about his positioning. When playing as the central striker he would never seem to get in the right positions to score the ugly tap ins that good centre-forwards live off, it seemed like he was always one step behind or in front of the ball coming in to him.

I think this was probably a confidence thing, and definitely a fitness thing. He looks a lot sharper and fitter than he did early doors, and I do think having him in a wider position definitely suits his game where he's more comfortable with a through ball than a cross coming in.

Made up for him that he's found some form and I really hope he presses on!

Classical Mechanic

Even better given this place has crown Sterling as England best player and messiah while Rashford should lose his place to Sancho.
I think the last few international breaks have shown that Rashford-Kane-Sterling should be the starting front three. I doubt you'll find any England fans that would disagree with that currently.

roonster09

Scout
I think the last few international breaks have shown that Rashford-Kane-Sterling should be the starting front three. I doubt you'll find any England fans that would disagree with that currently.
I think last International break swung in Rashford's favor, before that Sancho - Kane - Sterling was more popular, even for the last international break, few here said Rashford is nothing but a bench player and lucky to be part of the squad.

p.s: I read either here or somewhere else, don't remember exactly. Now looks like Rashford will start as first choice player, at least till his performance drops for England.

littlepeasoup

I'd start Rashford over Sancho at the moment for sure. I think what it does show is the embarrassment of riches England have in attacking positions at the moment. It's not always been the case, and should hopefully push players to keep their performances up knowing there are other players ready to take their place.

fps

Which side is Sterling playing on in that setup? I see two left sided players and a cf?

Classical Mechanic

Which side is Sterling playing on in that setup? I see two left sided players and a cf?
Rashford spends most time on the left and Sterling the right, although they do swap in the game. Same happens when Sancho starts on the right too. All three prefer being on the left. Hudson Odoi does too unfortunately.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Rashford's uptick in form has been great to see. I'll admit I got frustrated with him earlier this season but I should have been feeling sorry for a player being asked to flog a dead horse up front for United. You get the feeling Martial and James will need to stay fit for Rashford to keep on shining this year, and a quality forward in January would be great too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will score 22/23 this season and 35+ next season. Amongst the very best young forwards in world football.

zenith

The presence of sterling for England and James for us has surely helped him.

The presence of actual pace and threat on the other flank would leave more spaces for him to run into because for the first time in years we are able to strech play on both sides.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Definitely looking better over the last month or so. Let's keep fingers crossed he keeps going this way and we'll have that player we've been hoping for.

superdry

touched by a genius
Scared of taking back all the bad things I've said about him..... last time I did that he turned to piss poor again.
I'm very hopeful at the moment though.

StrettyEnder07

So have all the Rashford haters now gone full circle on here now and all tonguing Rashford? The #OleOut #Rashford brigade on twitter seem to have quieten down. Seems all those fans saying he is 21, give him time get of his back have been proved right, crazy that.

Another top goal, another sublime bit of finishing, who would have thought there is a player in there, keep it up Rash

fps

Rashford spends most time on the left and Sterling the right, although they do swap in the game. Same happens when Sancho starts on the right too. All three prefer being on the left. Hudson Odoi does too unfortunately.
I see that makes sense. I’ve not yet seen Sterling or Rashford play as well on the right as the left. Fantastic options though.

AltiUn

Rashford's uptick in form has been great to see. I'll admit I got frustrated with him earlier this season but I should have been feeling sorry for a player being asked to flog a dead horse up front for United. You get the feeling Martial and James will need to stay fit for Rashford to keep on shining this year, and a quality forward in January would be great too.
I was the same, when results weren't going our way I didn't really take into account how badly injuries were affecting us and perhaps unfairly laid the blame at Rashford's feet when he was just doing the best he could given the circumstances. He's supremely talented and he's on the cusp of being a great player, we just need to be patient with him, myself included. I agree with needing Martial and James to stay fit though, those two seem to be our best chance creators and having all 3 on the pitch balances the attack nicely instead of it being all down the left.

DoomSlayer

It might be controversial to say, but I believe Rashford is more talented and unpredictable than Sterling.

Sterling has acceleration and agility in tight spaces over Marcus (due to his smaller body and different centre of gravity) and also has had the fortune to play for a legendary manager like Guardiola, who is great at coaching players with raw talent, but in terms of technique and all-round ability, I believe Rashford can surpass him.

AltiUn

It might be controversial to say, but I believe Rashford is more talented and unpredictable than Sterling.

Sterling has acceleration and agility in tight spaces over Marcus (due to his smaller body and different centre of gravity) and also has had the fortune to play for a legendary manager like Guardiola, who is great at coaching players with raw talent, but in terms of technique and all-round ability, I believe Rashford can surpass him.
It's an interesting comparison because there's a striking resemblence between Rashford now and Sterling before his breakthrough season at City, hopefully we can't look forward to a similar trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.