5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ1762

Multi millionaires do love in a bubble, it's only when they're footballers they're expected to put something back into the community and live humble lives.

The rest of the City bigwigs go about their business,amassing wealth, with impunity.

Double standards? Of course not
I agree. But still, it is nice to hear stuff like this. I think one of the reasons for people expecting footballers to put something back is because they are constantly under the public eye so everything is scrutinised.

Shark

@NotShark
"Ole is a great guy and he has the club's interests at heart so there's not a better person for the job in my opinion."

Lovely quote, but we already know Ole is a great guy and has the clubs best interest at heart. Can he take the club to the level it should be at, is the more demanding question. Even SAF didn't get to where he was by being a great guy, you need some nastiness in you too.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
"Ole is a great guy and he has the club's interests at heart so there's not a better person for the job in my opinion."

Lovely quote, but we already know Ole is a great guy and has the clubs best interest at heart. Can he take the club to the level it should be at, is the more demanding question. Even SAF didn't get to where he was by being a great guy, you need some nastiness in you too.
As a player he dealt with that question well. He didn't say anymore than he needed to.

HowYouDoin

I often make this point with my non United supporting friends and I get laughed at but I will say it here again.
I really feel that from now we will start seeing the ascendance of Rashford not only as our best player but as one of the best players in world football too.
I am still very very high on Rashford (I know some some smartass will quote the very high part) and I feel he is starting to put it together. Plays regularly at his best position, confidence, skills, its all coming along. Just watch.

Scholsey2004

He hasn't hesitated to get rid of players he didn't want/need though, including Chris smalling which must have been an eye opener in the squad so he clearly can be brutal when he feels necessary.

nycender

Feel like he’s going to start banging then in with impunity the second half of the season.

flappyjay

Fantastic but could have done more there are times I wish he had passed the ball. Like in the end when James was in acres of space. If we can get Pogba, McTominay and yes Matic back our front three would do so well

Sara125

Good of him to get a goal but he always does this thing where he runs into 3-4 opposition players thinking he can take them on and it’s frustrating

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's brilliant. Always said that some of the stick he was getting was very excessive. His output has been amazing this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That cross was fantastic, Goal + assist in the game.

He is in very good goal scoring form.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Good of him to get a goal but he always does this thing where he runs into 3-4 opposition players thinking he can take them on and it’s frustrating
He's absolutely brainless most of the time. And selfish.

Irwin99

Got dominated for most of the game but kept at it and was the biggest factor in the turnaround . That cross for Greenwood :drool:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Another (well taken) goal is the most positive thing from what was a pretty invisible performance

Nice cross as well

Devil may care

The whole team was crapfor 75 minutes, fact is Rashford popped up with a fantastic assist and goal, so close to it being the winner as well.

Walters_19_MuFc

Really impressive stats, especially when you look at the lack of creativity in our team.

Regards today, like our other attacking players, I felt he was very quiet and Sheff Utd's back line got the better of him. However, two moments of magic scored us two goals and should have probably gone on to win the game.

He's in tremendous form. Long may it continue.

OL29

That was such an inviting cross for Greenwood’s goal, he’s really a player for the important moments.

Stadjer

He's absolutely brainless most of the time. And selfish.
He is. A shot late in the game showed that too. He did wonderfull to get the ball free and made two Sheffield players look stupid but he ruined the moment with a shot out of the stadium.

You cant really train a player football intelligence but when they get more experienced it does improve. Besides that i think his good attributes overshadow his less good attributes.

He is a good player but maybe misses the football intelligence to be absolute world class.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't really blame him early on as none of our forwards got into the game, we suffered with their pressing way too much.

He's on a really good run recently though, that cross was beautiful for greenwood and he looked a huge threat all 2nd half. His goal was nicely taken too.

RedStarUnited

I'm excited to see what he can do in a proper system.
He has more personal issues to handle before the system can help.

He is actually having a very good season, if he was a bit smarter he would be having a tremendous season. With small tweaks he can be so much better.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He still has those moments where he runs,head down,down blind alleys but we'd be absolutely buggered if he were to pick up a injury at the present time.

simplyared

No doubt he's our biggest asset. Ok he squanders some opportunities but he's our most dangerous player by a mile. His stamina is insane. What the feck do they feed him on??
No other player in the PL can match him for speed with the ball at their feet.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
United don't have a midfield, a creator of chances nor a CAM, you could argue we hardly have attacking wing backs, we go out every week with different formations and different players & things far far away from anything consistent - yet you have people wondering about Rashford's footballing IQ & whether if that will ever improve.

As others have said - Rashford & Co deserve a manager and a tactic that is consistent, doesn't change, that he can improve within alongside the players he plays with.

Hopefully he gets that soon.

Pass and Move

I think the issue with Rashford, as others have alluded to, and the reason he gets criticism when his stats suggest it may be unwarranted, are that despite putting up decent numbers, he's an incredibly frustrating player who should be doing better than he is. This may seem like a harsh judgement, but there are multiple times each match where his decision making costs us. Whether it's holding on to the ball too long, or shooting from ridiculous angle, he so often denies us goal scoring opportunities.

I have the opinion that he's got potential to be a top five forward worldwide if he can address his decision making. He's as much ability as Mane, Salah, better than Willian, and potentially as good as Sterling, but they seem to utilize the ball better than him over the course of 90 minutes right now.

SATA

He is for me better and will be much more improved than his current ability than Anthony Martial will ever be. I just feel Marcus is more driven to do so. Glad we have both of them though

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think the issue with Rashford, as others have alluded to, and the reason he gets criticism when his stats suggest it may be unwarranted, are that despite putting up decent numbers, he's an incredibly frustrating player who should be doing better than he is. This may seem like a harsh judgement, but there are multiple times each match where his decision making costs us. Whether it's holding on to the ball too long, or shooting from ridiculous angle, he so often denies us goal scoring opportunities.

I have the opinion that he's got potential to be a top five forward worldwide if he can address his decision making. He's as much ability as Mane, Salah, better than Willian, and potentially as good as Sterling, but they seem to utilize the ball better than him over the course of 90 minutes right now.
In an ideal setup he would be the young 22 year old partnered by a Ruud playing centrally and Beckham on the right and a strong midfield to support him. But that's not the case, he's in a situation where he's had to learn under pressure and be the focal point of our attack and he's working well with what he's got.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's hilarious how the criteria for Rashford keeps on moving, first it was that his end product isn't great(endless comparisons with Welbeck due to that) now that he has improved spectacularly on that, it's now that he should use the ball better - as if 22yr old attacking players are expected to always make the right decision. I guess there are some those who just can't accept that they were wrong about Rashford and just keep on changing the standards.

Only United fans can criticise a player so heavily who's contributed in more than 50% of our goals scored in PL so far. 11 G+A in 19 total goals in PL. But yeah harp about his decision making. Clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.