Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's been really good form. His last 10 games for both country & club (2 only played for 30 min), he has scored 10 goals & 2 assists and 8 of those goals came from United game.

Admin we need a "hooray" emoji.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's nice to finally have players featuring in these sort of rankings:

ash_86

He's doing amazingly well this season. Had some dud games playing cf when Martial was injured but is flying off his block right now.

Finally kudos to our manager for getting the best out of him.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I think the issue with Rashford, as others have alluded to, and the reason he gets criticism when his stats suggest it may be unwarranted, are that despite putting up decent numbers, he's an incredibly frustrating player who should be doing better than he is. This may seem like a harsh judgement, but there are multiple times each match where his decision making costs us. Whether it's holding on to the ball too long, or shooting from ridiculous angle, he so often denies us goal scoring opportunities.

I have the opinion that he's got potential to be a top five forward worldwide if he can address his decision making. He's as much ability as Mane, Salah, better than Willian, and potentially as good as Sterling, but they seem to utilize the ball better than him over the course of 90 minutes right now.
I'd wager that most of the fans criticising him for this were huge fans of Nani, though.

Aouer-United

Does anyone notice that Rashford's passing in the third final is impressive despite his decision making? I feel like he should use his passing more instead of running trying taking on at least 3 defenders.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't know if this is a purple patch or he's actually gone up a level but whatever it is, he's been quality. People can laugh all they want but he's been up there with any attacker in the league this season. At 22 there's still a few little areas I'd like him to improve but his development is coming along nicely, he's shown great character to step up at a time we really needed someone to step up.

marc1_007

Watching these last ten or so games where Rashford has been virtually unplayable, I have come to a realisation that when he starts looking up, and utilising the players around him, he will be unstoppable, He's explosive, he has a great shot, and he plays on pure instinct. He will usually mess up chances when he has time to think but that does not matter, he gets the chances, he can only improve on his finishing, but the thing that worries me the most about him is that once he starts running with the ball he does not look around for help, he always wants to do everything himself and for me that's what is holding him back, even Lionel Messi utilizes the 1-2 pass all the time all his best goals have at least a bunch of 1-2's he played , Neymar does it all the time, Utilizing your teammates is what usually seperates the good players from the great ones and once Rashford starts doing this regularly, he will elevate himself to the very next level.
This issue of not looking around is also my biggest concern with Lingard and Andreas, they always like running with the ball and end up losing it because they have tunnel vision and never look to pass to others but for me these two are lost causes, at this stage of their development, I doubt they can improve, and it baffles me why Ole keep playing them especially Andreas because in my opinion, they do not improve their teammates so whats the point giving them gametime when we have a player like Gomes who is out of contract soon, so we might as well see what we have with him and give him an extended run as the no.10 because surely he could not do any worse than Andreas, and if he does not play we might have another Pogba situation on our hands,

Again showing why I don't think he will truly make it here.

Hes through with a great chance and instead of even testing the keeper miskicks it out for a goal kick. Villa go up the other end and score. Top players don't do that. Take away the pace and energy, or restrict the space to run into, and hes a pretty limited player.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is such a wildcard player. Always dancing right on the line between world class and useless. Reminds me of Pogba that.

el3mel

Rubbish away from the goal, but at least he's trying every game, unlike other players.

Based Adnan

Needs to improve his heading. Lots of dribbling down blind alleys and his movement was a joke. Hopefully this isn't the start of a downturn in form as we've seen from him so many times before.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How has no one coached him simple dribbling yet? He seems to think that the kick and run technique is a valid dribbling skill. It’s mind boggling. Engage your opponent with tight ball control and then use your athleticism. He should learn from Martial

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Again showing why I don't think he will truly make it here.

Hes through with a great chance and instead of even testing the keeper miskicks it out for a goal kick. Villa go up the other end and score. Top players don't do that. Take away the pace and energy, or restrict the space to run into, and hes a pretty limited player.
They fecking countered us off of the goal kick off of his whiff, all the while he is laughing & out of position. Countered off of a goal kick.

He’s utterly stupid at times.

I’m just shocked that a ball made contact with his head & ended up in the back of the net.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's not perfect and makes a lot of mistakes, but the same people who slag him off are all over Martial's cock. Rashford is infinitely more important to us, and without him we'd be in a relegation battle.

I'd love to see how he'd do under someone like Pep or Klopp, I think he could have Sterling level improvement under a good attacking manager/system.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The samples people will use to blame him for everything has reached a new level. "His goal kick resulted in us conceeding a goal" :houllier:

I don't think I have ever seen anything like that.

DoomSlayer

The samples people will use to blame him for everything has reached a new level. "His goal kick resulted in us conceeding a goal" :houllier:

It's fecking embarrassing. Only player that is worthy to wear the shirt at the moment and gets slated all the time.

KennyBurner

This guy could be so much more if he wasn't brainless. He tried to run past 3 player on 3 different occasions. He failed on the first 2 and still tried to do it again :lol: .

Still I love him though. He gave a lot of effort today and forced the 1st goal. Puts in a great shift week in and out. We can only hope someday in the near future he actually slows down a bit and thinks about what to do in tight situations. Also need a better coach to guide him on what to do in these situations.

kundalini

Very untidy performance. Even the goal appears to have been credited as an own goal off Heaton's back after Rashford's header hit the post. None of our front 3 had good games.

He fluffed a great chance like a Sunday League player, as he often does. We should at worst have been attacking a corner there, instead we're chasing back towards our own goal and in this case we conceded.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Since Nani I'd not seen a player with such lack of footballing intelligence. 9 times out of 10 he'd make the wrong choice, it's incredible.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

His lack of tracking back allowed for a counter off of a goal kick, a fecking goal kick. That’s egregious, laughing about missing on the strike while the other team languidly counters on his side, the side with the most inexperienced starter at left back.

Should have been pulled from the match if Ole had any balls. Set an expectation standard.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Only player consistently getting goals

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

At least Caf is creative when our players aren't.

Top players never ever miskick the ball, finishes every chance and plays as 9/10 every game. Some of the Caf expectations are just ridiculous.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Top players never ever miskick the ball, finishes every chance and plays as 9/10 every game. Some of the Caf expectations are just ridiculous.
It's what happens when people are watching Messi every week :lol:

On a serious note though, he's been in great form. I didn't watch the match yesterday, but by the sounds of it, he struggled a bit (yet still scored, or was it an OG?). People should cut him a little slack.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
His lack of tracking back allowed for a counter off of a goal kick, a fecking goal kick. That’s egregious, laughing about missing on the strike while the other team languidly counters on his side, the side with the most inexperienced starter at left back.

Should have been pulled from the match if Ole had any balls. Set an expectation standard.
You're weird

Offsideagain

I like him. He would be much better with two quality midfielders to feed him and a top centre forward to do the battering for him neither of which we have. Defiantly will improve. Remember, he started with a bang and was very young so cut him a bit of slack folks.

Classical Mechanic

To be fair the first mistake in their goal is his, he isn't alert to the play starting again and possibly could have closed the player down or put enough pressure on for Williams to do better. I think the big mistake is Williams though because not only does he commit himself but he does so with a very weak challenge. You can then argue that more pressure should have been put on Grealish but he's a nightmare for defenders in that position because he's probably the best in the league at winning fouls. He then scores what is a very low probability goal.

stepic

it may have been sometime between the time he passed the ball to the touchline instead of another player, or the 3rd time he attempted to dribble past 3 players and weirdly lost the ball that i had had enough of his performance. basically missing a goal from 4 yards out unmarked summed things up. he will get a few goals of course, he's a striker, but he's still not that good. maybe one day he will be. i still have a lot of doubts.

It's not exactly the first time hes knocked the ball with his standing foot when trying to kick it. His technical ability is pretty average.

roonster09

Scout
It's not exactly the first time hes knocked the ball with his standing foot when trying to kick it. His technical ability is pretty average.
His technical ability is not average, sometimes he rushes into things and loses composure. Very different from technical ability.

His technical ability is not average, sometimes he rushes into things and loses composure. Very different from technical ability.
Close control is technical ability. Unless he can the ball out of his feet and get running he is not particularly comfortable, and when he does he will often overhit his touch.

roonster09

Scout
Close control is technical ability. Unless he can the ball out of his feet and get running he is not particularly comfortable.
And his close control is good enough, it's only when he tries to take on 3-4 players at once it's not good enough as he overdoes it and loses possession.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

As an extension of this, I will never get the idea that conceding a Free Kick or even a corner is what costs you a goal... not defending said free kick or corner properly is what costs you the goal.

Fosu-Mens

And his close control is good enough, it's only when he tries to take on 3-4 players at once it's not good enough as he overdoes it and loses possession.
Yeah. Running with the ball into hopeless situations and shooting from idiotic angles is what his main problems as a player are.
If he could be more effective in his play... Then again, it is not easy playing in a team with no plan on how to attack or instructions on what to do/when to do.
He should watch Mane and try to pick up some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.