Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Van Persie against Olympiakos?
Zlatan in Europa league and Rooney in CL qualifiers too. Zlatan was the last one.

We didn't score hat trick in PL since RVP's against Villa.

Devil may care

I was said this was arguably Rashford's biggest ever performance for us, it was the kind of inspirational forwards performance we'd get in the past from someone like Rooney.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I was said this was arguably Rashford's biggest ever performance for us, it was the kind of inspirational forwards performance we'd get in the past from someone like Rooney.
Feel the same way. Really felt like a 'coming of age' performance.

He plays with more maturity these days. It feels like he's someone to look to and Old Trafford is his stage, that kind of feeling you get when you're watching a world class player play for your team.

He's not there yet, but I'm so happy and relieved to see progress after what was a slightly concerning period of stagnation.

DFreshKing

He was immense last night. Showed all the qualities he has and locked it into a strong performance against a top side. Baffles me the treatment he gets from some fans on here. He has everything, a local lad with what seems a real quality attitude too. Get Haaland and he will thrive even more. Get a midfield and the world is his oyster.

roonster09

Scout
But Jose actually liked him and played him loads!
Mourinho has questioned the attitudes of his players at times this season, and he told Univision (h/t Metro's Chris Davie) some of those are lacking the same level of maturity as their predecessors:

"They are lacking maturity. And let me be clear when I say maturity, I mean maturity on a personal level.

"We had more men, we were more mature, we were more prepared for life, we were less protected.

"They are spoilt kids now, the kids of today have a different life, an easier environment and I'm talking about the people around the players. These people give them too much affection and too many excuses. People mature much more slowly now."

He added about specific players: "We're talking about Luke Shaw, Martial, Lingard, Rashford—young, big potential, but at the end of the day it results in the word I cannot say [cojones], but you use it a lot here…character, personality, they lack a little.
"
Mourinho told Hristo Stoichkov, the former Barcelona forward, in an interview last year that Rashford, like Lingard, lacked the “character, personality, that natural aggression that you had”
Going by the tweets by Rashford and his brother, looks like they don't like Jose at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I did feel that Aura about him last night that I used to get off Ronaldo, you could sense every time he got the ball the crowd sat up and thought "go on get at them".

The nutmeg on Aurier, then dribbling Sissoko on the outside and earning the penalty just summed up how confident and fired up he felt.

I think he's finally grown into his body now, he struggled a bit after his growrth spurt with his balance but he looks much more stable, strong and very quick.

If he can just get more consistency from now on he will be a real weapon. So gutted that long range shot didn't go in! would have been an absolute dipping beauty.

I hope he develops that left foot chop to set up a right footed piledriver that Ronaldo used to love from the left.

OL29

I did feel that Aura about him last night that I used to get off Ronaldo, you could sense every time he got the ball the crowd sat up and thought "go on get at them".

The nutmeg on Aurier, then dribbling Sissoko on the outside and earning the penalty just summed up how confident and fired up he felt.

I think he's finally grown into his body now, he struggled a bit after his growrth spurt with his balance but he looks much more stable, strong and very quick.

If he can just get more consistency from now on he will be a real weapon. So gutted that long range shot didn't go in! would have been an absolute dipping beauty.

I hope he develops that left foot chop to set up a right footed piledriver that Ronaldo used to love from the left.
I was thinking this last night, he seems to be entering that Ronaldo in 06/07 period of development where it looks like everything he tries is going to come off. It’s really exciting, if he can maintain his recent form over the course of the season then it’s scary what he can achieve.

Jonno

His latest streak is turning into a full season of goals, I'm so pleased for him. The amount of stick he's had in these 4 years is unbelievable and he's only 22. 22 and one of the Premier Leagues most in form players, home grown with a long term contract.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
It may be argued, yes. It was an electrifying performance, and like you said, Rooneyesque. However, I'd argue Rashford's performance against Chelsea in April during the 16/17 season was not only better, but his greatest performance in a Man Utd shirt. Rashford's performance against Anderlecht would be right up there, if it wasn't for the caveat that it was against, well ... Anderlecht. My reasoning for that being predicated from his technical ability he showed throughout that game. I'm excited to see how Rashford will get on when Pogba returns, as the two during the beginning of Ole's reign was reminiscent of the chemistry between Gerrard and Torres.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was thinking this last night, he seems to be entering that Ronaldo in 06/07 period of development where it looks like everything he tries is going to come off. It’s really exciting, if he can maintain his recent form over the course of the season then it’s scary what he can achieve.
Yep. We're starting to develop quite a nicely balanced side now too with James on the other side, I noticed our build up play actually starts more down the right and once we advance to the box we quickly switch it to rashford whos in more space. That suits him so much better.

His G/A's since switching back to LW has been at a world class level, let's hope it continues!.

Shark

@NotShark
He showed last night why he plays every game, under whatever manager comes in. He’ll be inconsistent for the next season or two, but when he’s on the ball, his ability is limitless. If he starts showing this level of performance against the ‘’lower” standard teams, particularly on the road, he’ll be unstoppable.

KennyBurner

The one against liverpool were he made a mockery of trent was the best for me. It was also under klopp which made it more special. Still he's had so many big performances over the years against big teams. This game against tottenham should be bigger than it currently is but it seems so normal now for him.

ottosec

I gave him a lot of shit earlier this season when he was crap, but he's been fantastic since he was moved back on the left.

That he's also a big game player doesn't hurt either!

slored1

He has been by far our best player this season. So consistent when played on the left wing, reminds me a bit of young CR7.

roonster09

Scout
Rashford shot that hit the bar was like Ronaldo vs Arsenal in CL (around 4 mins)

spiriticon

Does he have the testicular fortitude for the number 7?

I feel he is much more suited to that number, rather than 9 or 10.

Tarrou

he does remind me a bit of young Ronaldo too, especially how he strikes the ball from distance

clearly not as good though, mind you... but no shame in that

my favourite United player along with McT these days

Treble

Can score 20 goals in the league alone. Still only 22. Great attitude too.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Does he have the testicular fortitude for the number 7?

I feel he is much more suited to that number, rather than 9 or 10.
He's starting his own legacy with that number. He patiently waited for Rooney and Zlatan and it's the number that is the face of the club. Mourinho said it's the number he always wanted and if it helps him long may he have that shirt.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
My fear is that unlike how Ronaldo grew up, Fergie was able to manage his development. At the moment we are so thin across the squad, we have to play Rashford every match. He may land up being our Michale Owen; burnt out, ravaged with injuries and knackered by 27.

roonster09

Scout
he does remind me a bit of young Ronaldo too, especially how he strikes the ball from distance

clearly not as good though, mind you... but no shame in that

my favourite United player along with McT these days
The way their strike the ball is similar and the power they generate from that technique is very good. Ronaldo scored from impossible goals from distance, hopefully Rashford can do that too.

VJ1762

Pretty sure he will be contained by City. spurs just gave him the freedom of the pitch. Surprisingly naive tactics by Mourinho.

DoomSlayer

Pretty sure he will be contained by City. spurs just gave him the freedom of the pitch. Surprisingly naive tactics by Mourinho.
If we play with the same intensity as we did against Spurs, I don't see how they can contain him, City's defense is worse than Tottenham's, apart from the GK.

Rashford is absolutely deadly on the counter attack if he is in such form. Teams are actually scared of him and either don't commit enough so they give him space or they over commit and he has the skills in the locker room to burn them.

Maureen-yo

I think Walker will fancy himself against Rashford, probably quite a close match up in terms of pace.

Ancient Of Days

Was very Ronaldo esque performance on wednesday, very impressed, if he can keep it up he'll have proved his doubters wrong.

Before that time he should keep his head down and not get involved in gloating contests on social media.

We have seen purple patches from him before when Ole first took charge and when he first broke through, then his form took a nose dive.

That's why I thought it was pretty cheap and classless of him to be taking digs with his family at Mourinho, a manager who has had nothing but good words to say about him after leaving.

And when Rashford has as many trophies in his cabinet as Mourinho, then he can talk and post childish images on twitter.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Has anyone come across a highlight reel of his performance against Spurs on youtube? Usually somebody makes one but I can't find anything.

TrustInOle

I think Walker will fancy himself against Rashford, probably quite a close match up in terms of pace.
Walker is a poor defender, positionally though, with his pace glossing over this fact. Feel Rashfords change of pace, from standstill, is also quicker, so hopefully he gets the chance to run at Walker.
That being said, going to be a very close contest. Im interested to see who they will play on the left for Jame's pace. Makes us so much more dangerous having an actual right flank and free's up the attention that Rashford and also Martial have recieved on the left, with opponents never fearing our right side.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Walker is shite defensively and a mess positionally. What they'll probably just do is swallow up our midfield and restrict the passes into the attackers and not give us much of the ball though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Has anyone come across a highlight reel of his performance against Spurs on youtube? Usually somebody makes one but I can't find anything.
This is all I could find, mate:

I remember seeing a higher quality one straight after the game, but it seems that it has been deleted.

VJ1762

Has to be on his A game if we are going to get anything at all from this match.

Bojan11

Should have taken a touch with that first chance. Wish he could finish the easy chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.