5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRich

I think the only thing that could have gone better is that dink that came back off the bar going in. He's showing massive improvement and that's all you can ask.

VP

58 goals for United at the age of 21. It's more impressive that he's racked up this figure amidst our coaching turmoil. I think if we finally sort out a proper system - we're going to have our new all-time top scorer.

zenith

A local boy doing so well just says so much about the club and its academy. Long may it continue.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In top 5 leagues, only 8 players scored more goals than him. Everyone is a CF except Messi.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Looked like Guardiola was afraid of him by telling Walker to stay back and be close to Rashford in an attempt to prevent our counter attacks.

flappyjay

He is starting to put it together. Gareth Southgate is going to have a hard time deciding who will flank Kane in the euros if Rashford continues like this

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He is starting to put it together. Gareth Southgate is going to have a hard time deciding who will flank Kane in the euros if Rashford continues like this
Him and Sterling are nailed on to be flanking Kane.

Fracture90

Immense yesterday and I think his decision making is improving, he gave up on chucking them hail Mary shots from everywhere on the pitch.

He seems to be developing a nice chemistry with Marshall and Vroom Vroom.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Another great game from him. So happy with his obvious progression. So dangerous coming off the left, and the icing is the improvement in his passing and decision making. You can tell this is a kid who has his eye on the prize and is so focused on his football.

Every time he gets the ball now I expect something to happen, and he's just turned 22!

pacifictheme

One more goal vs top 6, good play to win penalty but that shot that hit the bar was just excellent. Ronaldinhoesque.
Only mark againat him yesterday was that awful 1 on 1 where fre put him through. That is very rashford. He just lacks a little bit of consistency. A joy to watch at the moment though.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
So glad he's become so consistent and even more glad to see his overall game mature. He used to be a threat with his pace and his overall game was also good but recently his decision making and passing have gone up a notch which overall have made him a terrific player.

When the season just started I'd have say Martial was our best attacking player then he git injured and I felt like James took over but for a while now and overall Rashford has been our best attacking player and he's been consistent after his tough run of form.

I mentioned in one of the thread that he could reach 20 goals by January and seems like I could be proven right if he keeps up this form and scoring rate. Long may it continues.

Also glad that people have got off his back. Our players just get ridiculous abuses and get underrated, especially compared to opposing players. I remember mentioning in that Rashford vs Tammy thread that the former is just a far superior player while Tammy is a better striker only which doesn't matter either way because Rashford isn't a striker.

Also another reason to be glad about Rashford electric form is seeing people on these board shut up about Sancho taking his place in the national team. This place is always about envying other team's players, pretending they're faultless while our own are turds.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We're going to see teams double up on him more and more... So will be a new challenge for him, but I'll back him to come out on top.

Haven't seen opposition defenders panic as much when someone from our lot is attacking then since Ronaldo

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
How satisfying is it that we're beating City away with a goal from a Manc, 3 academy graduates and 3 players we've developed in the first team from a young age (DDG, Shaw, Martial).

He'sRaldo

We're going to see teams double up on him more and more... So will be a new challenge for him, but I'll back him to come out on top.
The lower teams already do when they park the bus, and he's scored a couple against those as well.

DFreshKing

14 goals 4 assist in 21 matches Caf average 5.5 :houllier:. Maybe now a few more people will come around to his obvious quality. The real deal and his stats since coming into the team are all the more remarkable considering the squad's management and general level for those years. We are lucky to have such a homegrown talent. :)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He won’t have a hard time at all. It will be even easier if, as you said, Rashford continues like this.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Haven't seen opposition defenders panic as much when someone from our lot is attacking then since Ronaldo
We have threats all over the pitch, more so when Pogba returns. Teams won’t be able to double up on anyone.

DoomSlayer

We have threats all over the pitch, more so when Pogba returns. Teams won’t be able to double up on anyone.
I think James is one of the main reasons teams can't double up on anyone of our attack, you can't allow him space. Martial's hold up play is also on another level compared to Lukaku's, our attack has incredible potential. :drool:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Well if you get the RW to do it then you're banking on our LB not being up to much... Which is a gamble you could probably take.

DoomSlayer

14 goals 4 assist in 21 matches Caf average 5.5 :houllier:. Maybe now a few more people will come around to his obvious quality. The real deal and his stats since coming into the team are all the more remarkable considering the squad's management and general level for those years. We are lucky to have such a homegrown talent. :)
I have him as 7.0 average rating, for what it's worth. :cool:

Marcelinho87

I get the feeling a lot of people only rate on the back of bad games.

flappyjay

Thankfully for the first time in a while we have credible accross the front 3 with James and Martial give them 2 space it's game over.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I think James is one of the main reasons teams can't double up on anyone of our attack, you can't allow him space. Martial's hold up play is also on another level compared to Lukaku's, our attack has incredible potential. :drool:
Totally agree with this. James' movement and terrifying acceleration really open things up for us in a way that we've lacked for years. Even though James isn't as effective on the right individually, having him out there creates a lot of room for the other 2, and in theory late runs by a midfielder when Pogba returns.

Rashford is definitely playing better in the last few weeks than I ever thought he'd get to when he came on the scene. He's definitely stepped up a level beyond where I (and I assume many others) thought he'd get to, which is amazing for us and we should be thankful. If it's Ole, fair play!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Only mark againat him yesterday was that awful 1 on 1 where fre put him through. That is very rashford. He just lacks a little bit of consistency. A joy to watch at the moment though.
Every player misses chances though, difference is we are creating more now so that missed chances is not hurting us much.

Devil may care

He's in the form of his career, I was genuinely surprised when he didn't bury that chance Fred created for him, this needs to become his consistent level.

pacifictheme

Every player misses chances though, difference is we are creating more now so that missed chances is not hurting us much.
Abaolutely. I just think that sort of brain fart (because he shinned it out of play really, it was awful) is the last bit he needs to improve. In some games a chance like that will be more important than yesterday.

But yeah overall this season he has been great from the left. That position is 100% his.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Very true. Said players then become shite once they wear a Man Utd shirt.
To illustrate this point, I just cane from the Vardy thread and there is a poster who couldn't help himself but take swings at Rashford and Martial while drooling over Vardy. This is despite Rashford's current form being some of the best in Europe.

The caf is just bizarre at times.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This. Despite people always underrating our attack and pretending they're made of turd, the truth is we have one of the strongest attack in the league blessed with pace and technic. Most coaches don't want to play against such attack and are fearful of it.

Problem this season has mostly been in midfield with Pogba injury and Perreira being horrendous. Bring Pogba back and keep that pivot of Fred and Scott and we have a good midfield to go with our attack.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
This. Despite people always underrating our attack and pretending they're made of turd, the truth is we have one of the strongest attack in the league blessed with pace and technic. Most coaches don't want to play against such attack and are fearful of it.

Problem this season has mostly been in midfield with Pogba injury and Perreira being horrendous. Bring Pogba back and keep that pivot of Fred and Scott and we have a good midfield to go with our attack.
The problem is the lack of depth all over the park and not buying a proper goalscoring no.10 in the summer tbf. That gives you the luxury of playing Pogba deep, out wide, no.10 or not at all. Instead there's not much competition or cover anywhere really.

KM

Because most of the people here are quick to bury our own players whilst happy to talk up other teams mediocre players.

Stadjer

A 5.5 rating would be generous for his performances as a 9 during the period Martial was injured.

He still scored a few goals and penalties during that period but his overall game was horrible.

Lately he has been playing great. He is a good left forward but not a very good central striker when playing with three at the front.

pmgeorge

5.5 score for the best striker just shows how miserable life most posters have.They show the frustrations by attacking players, as if MU is responsible for their happiness.

KM

Martial and Rashford are both main "victims" for that. In other teams they'd be loved far more. But here there are complaints about them if they've a great match. For martial it's work rate and for Rashford it's decision making.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
5.5 score for the best striker just shows how miserable life most posters have.They show the frustrations by attacking players, as if MU is responsible for their happiness.
He's sensational at the moment but I'd imagine those ratings mostly come from his stint at striker when Martial was injured, which was admittedly poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.