5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RkkMan

Says a lot that he bagged 2 assists despite not having the best of games. Once he regains some match sharpness the goals will come. Still remains our best attacker.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good game overall, but he should have scored from the one where Martial squared him the ball. The second one, seemed like he snatched at his chance and I feel it was a result of the 1st miss playing on his mind

Santoryo

ripping the reward
His finishing was poor but his passing has improved a lot. Not just assist, he played few very good passes through to wings.

2 assists, should have scored at least 1 goal. Overall he had good game.
Which bodes well because that's a part he has really stepped up this season. I remember when Rashford final pass was always frustrating, even as recently as last season or the beginning of the season. Last season I wouldn't have trusted Rashford to weight his pass for the third goal property. He'd have hit it on defenders ;egs or try to go for goal himself.

He had this cool cross-field pass to AWB at one point and it was juicy. Glad his entire game is coming all together.

And never worried about Rashford missing sitters. His strength is not in clinical finishing but the amount of time he gets himself into those goal scoring positions which means he'll still score plenty despite his random misses at times.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Which bodes well because that's a part he has really stepped up this season. I remember when Rashford final pass was always frustrating, even as recently as last season or the beginning of the season. Last season I wouldn't have trusted Rashford to weight his pass for the third goal property. He'd have hit it on defenders ;egs or try to go for goal himself.

He had this cool cross-field pass to AWB at one point and it was juicy. Glad his entire game is coming all together.

And never worried about Rashford missing sitters. His strength is not in clinical finishing but the amount of time he gets himself into those goal scoring positions which means he'll still score plenty despite his random misses at times.
Yeah his overall game is improving and also his movement. He gets into good positions which means he will score goals. His link up play with Martial is just so good, they both always try to find each other and when you look at how they play, you get a feeling that they love playing with each other.

Manutd twitter posted video of goals from their combination, time to update. We will have very big one soon.

He'sRaldo

He changed his style. Have a gut feeling, Marcus is on the verge of breakthrough in terms of quality. His performance today was not based on his speed, but decision making and team play. Two assists.
True, like when Mane changed from a speed demon to a more composed player always in the half-spaces. That's definitely what will happen for Rashford.

Prodigal7

He's still mostly just talent and potential at the moment. Needs to keep I'm improving.
He does seem to slow down the fluid passing of Bruno, Pogba, Martial etc which hinders our attack.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good game overall, but he should have scored from the one where Martial squared him the ball. The second one, seemed like he snatched at his chance and I feel it was a result of the 1st miss playing on his mind
Yeah i think he was ok. A goal would have capped it and he only has himself to blame in that department. No worries though, he'll hopefully keep getting sharper and will be back making the difference soon.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I reflect what others have said, he's definitely changed his game for the better. It seems he was more composed in terms of decision making, and it paid off with two assists. Fluffing his shots aside, which to be honest seemed to be more in the moment and not really thinking.

Deery

Dreary
You can tell he’s very rusty coming off a long injury lay-off but he still managed 2 assists incredible, he’s going to be a super player for us and brings out the best in Martial.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Should have scored, feeling his way back in. If him, Tony, Fernandes and Pogba start to tick together..it's a hugely positive propspect.

Other than the missed chances? Yeah, really positive! Got himself in the right places.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Two nice assists. Rusty in front of goal but once he clicks, this team go up another level. That's the positive thing. Would have been nice if he had have scored but he's had a long lay off and hopefully he can get back into the swing of things this season. His potential is very high

UnitedChampionsAgain

Couldn't finish his school dinner at the moment. I don't go along with the rust excuse. He's always had the look of a player who's more likely to produce a howler than a composed finish. Yes he had two short range assists but that's not enough for the money he's on and the experience he now has. Needs to step it up and quick.

Dan_F

As others have said, he looks rusty in front of goal, but it’s good to see him getting in those positions, despite all the other options on the pitch.

The inside left is undoubtedly his most dangerous position, and he’s already made huge strides learning how to be more a goal threat than just cutting in and shooting, like James would be for example.

Eddy_JukeZ

2 awful misses, but his passing has come a long way this season.

The pass for the 3rd goal is just beautifully weighted.

DoomSlayer

Couldn't finish his school dinner at the moment. I don't go along with the rust excuse. He's always had the look of a player who's more likely to produce a howler than a composed finish. Yes he had two short range assists but that's not enough for the money he's on and the experience he now has. Needs to step it up and quick.
Pathetic post. :houllier: Sounds like one of those LUHG Twitter accounts, that I'm fairly certain are created by 1st grade children or rival fans to wind us up.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We have to remember he has just come back from a bad injury, once he gets his sharpness back in front of goal he will score a few before the end of the season.

Raw

2 awful misses, but his passing has come a long way this season.

The pass for the 3rd goal is just beautifully weighted.
Really well weighted pass to Martial before his first miss too. Seen plenty of United players overhit those in recent years.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well he’s just made sure the government give him a lot more of those so that’s not bad.

He needs to play against Norwich in the Cup on Saturday. A goal for him and Greenwood would be good. They are snatching at them at the moment and need one to calm down a bit.

ShinjiNinja26

Can forgive him for not having his shooting boots on yet after the length of time he’s been out. His passing and overall game has looked good though, once he gets that first goal to get him going he’ll be banging them in regularly again.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I really love how he adjusts his game into something else after realising his composure for finishing wasn't there on the day. He shows maturity where as before he would try a lot of speculative shots from difficult positions. His unselfishness today was a good thing to watch. He has been too egotistical and inconsistent before this season, but if he has learned to switch it up and are able to not only score but assist as well, he will be one of the best players in the world some day.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Pathetic post. :houllier: Sounds like one of those LUHG Twitter accounts, that I'm fairly certain are created by 1st grade children or rival fans to wind us up.
It's how i see him. He's hit or miss like too many other players in the current side.
If you think that's pathetic that's your problem. Been following United through thick and thin since the mid seventies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Didn’t have his shooting boots tonight but still chipped in with 2 assists.

obviously not at his best yet but it’ll come let’s not forget he’s been out for a long time and only just recovered.

pascell

I'm not overly fussed about the missed chances, he'll likely win us a game in the near future to even it up. He's 22, he'll learn from it I'm sure, just needs a bit of calm infront of goal.

Prodigal7

It's how i see him. He's hit or miss like too many other players in the current side.
If you think that's pathetic that's your problem. Been following United through thick and thin since the mid seventies.
Agreed. There’s a lot of blinkered vision on the cafe when it comes to local lads.
The gap was clear between Rashford, Greenwood and the rest the the midfield +attack. They can do it long term. Greenwood needs to be less selfish though and that annoyed me today.
Bruno is the role model we’ve needed. Everything he does is always for the team to score, he never takes it on himself if he can play someone else through for a better chance

DoomSlayer

Agreed. There’s a lot of blinkered vision on the cafe when it comes to local lads.
The gap was clear between Rashford, Greenwood and the rest the the midfield +attack. They can do it, Hreenwood needs to be less selfish though that annoyed me today
Oh yes, incredible gap, 2 direct assists, most chances created after Pogba (3) and on another day would have had at least 1 goal on his name as well.

At 22 years old, he is finished, Trashbonlahor should stick to PR politics.

I'm certain some of you guys are those vile Twitter cretins that make me want to tear my hair out.

Standard from him. He's never going to be a natural goalscorer but will still be very dangerous.

Prodigal7

Oh yes, incredible gap, 2 direct assists, most chances created after Pogba (3) and on another day would have had at least 1 goal on his name as well.

At 22 years old, he is finished, Trashbonlahor should stick to PR politics.

I'm certain some of you guys are those vile Twitter cretins that make me want to tear my hair out.
stats are never the full story though are they. You see the way that Bruno, Pogba and Martial build intricate play together Over the game and Rashford has a habit of slowing that down at the moment. He’ll come good though he’s a talented lad.

Twitter is a disease and I wouldn’t make an account if someone paid me to.

DoomSlayer

stats are never the full story though are they. You see the way that Bruno, Pogba and Martial build intricate play together Over the game and Rashford has a habit of slowing that down at the moment. He’ll come good though he’s a talented lad.

Twitter is a disease and I wouldn’t make an account if someone paid me to.
You quoted someone, who was saying Rashford "needs to step it up, and quick". The same Rashford, that has scored the most goals and has the most assists in the whole team, while it's been proven that he has been struggling with 2 different injuries since last season and still continued to play on without intervention, until the pandemic happened and he had the time to properly heal.

Talk about having big expectations, if we can't praise Marcus as one of our best players, then no player deserves any praise, at all.

And about that "intricate play" BS, did you actually see the 3rd goal? Doesn't get more "intricate" than that.

Last edited:

Mr Smith

Thought he looked sharp today despite not always having the end product. Two assists still nothing to be sniffed at. Always been a player who benefits frokm match rhythm so I expect he'll be back to his best soon.

Dante

Average bang
It's nerves.

Rashford has gone from being a footballer to a national icon in the space of a few weeks. The first goal he scores will make headlines on the front page as well as the back page. The scrutiny he's under - though mostly positive - is still huge.

He'll get over it after he bags his first one or two goals.

RedCurry

He’s never going to be a natural finisher like Owen or Ruud but he doesn’t need to. Being able to pin the opposition with dribbling and precise passing is far more important for a modern wide player. He should look at his pass for that third goal and use that as a blueprint for type of player we need him to become. Playing in a top team he’ll still bag 20 goals a season without ever being a clinical striker.

Prodigal7

You quoted someone, who was saying Rashford "needs to step it up, and quick". The same Rashford, that has scored the most goals and has the most assists in the whole team, while it's been proven that he has been struggling with 2 different injuries since last season and still continued to play on without intervention, until the pandemic happened and he had the time to properly heal.

Talk about having big expectations, if we can't praise Marcus as one of our best players, then no player deserves any praise, at all.

And about that "intricate play" BS, did you actually see the 3rd goal. Doesn't get more "intricate" than that.
I’m looking at this game objectively based on what I saw today. But I do think that our attack needs to step up a level if we want to be competing for the title. That’s Rashford, Martial and others though I know It’s tough because we don’t have a lot of experience. I don’t want to single anyone out but our strikers need to do more and I think they should expect us to demand more from them if they’re playing for Man United. Martial showed today he can be that guy, hopefully Rashford will soon, he has the potential

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Well he’s just made sure the government give him a lot more of those so that’s not bad.

He needs to play against Norwich in the Cup on Saturday. A goal for him and Greenwood would be good. They are snatching at them at the moment and need one to calm down a bit.
True, especially Greenwood, he seemed to be a bit too trigger happy. Feels like something is weighting on his mind.

KennyBurner

In the grand scheme of things his misses dont really matter as long as he keeps making the right decision with his passing. he will always get those type of situations were he can score because similar to sterling he always gets into the box.

Yes he slowed things down a bit but thats just because he is using his head nowadays rather than running straight into defenders. He is learning quickly and will keep improving. he provided 2 assists and thats all that matters. He also had some tidy one touches in midfield which we love to see. These things matter when trying to break the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.