5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

:devil: Another good teamplay and passing game today.
His shooting is also getting more and more composed. Incoming goals next set of games.

He's also developing better understandings with Martial and the "eye for Martial" (that sounds weird I know) i.e. able to spot Martial's off the ball movements and passes/crosses to him.Damn, these dynamic duo is going to rampage through the PL defense once they hit their prime.

Lj82

My impression is that he's trying to build up his confidence and touch.
I second your observation.
I thought he was frustrated with himself and it's showing. There was one play where Martial cut back a ball for him and he just took a wild swing at the ball rather than shooting the ball with poise. Think he really needs a goal to settle down

KennyBurner

Really don’t mind him not scoring as long as he keeps assisting or at least making key passes that lead to assists. He will still get one eventually. I’m glad since the restart that he has reduced those unnecessary long shots due to frustration. It really shows maturity and improved decision making.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's in poor form but is still contributing with link-up play and assists, which is very encouraging. Can't wait to see him, Martial, Bruno and Pogba all at the top of their game together.

It feels like whenever Rashy is in form, Tony isn't, and when ever Tony is in form, Rashy isn't haha :(

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It feels like whenever Rashy is in form, Tony isn't, and when ever Tony is in form, Rashy isn't haha :(
It's often been that way in past seasons, but honestly before his back injury that took him out, they both seemed to click well together. It didn't last very long now, but I don't think it's due to a lack of compatibility, on the contrary I think they mesh well together, but it's just a matter of time before Rashford gets back in proper form.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Hopefully he produces tonight but he had a good his last game that was just to close to the goalkeeper. I think the positive we can take from it is that, there is certainly a lot more to come

Really don’t mind him not scoring as long as he keeps assisting or at least making key passes that lead to assists. He will still get one eventually. I’m glad since the restart that he has reduced those unnecessary long shots due to frustration. It really shows maturity and improved decision making.
Not even that, he needs to keep making those runs off the last defender even if he never sees the ball. That's his best attribute even when in form. Stretching defences and not letting them settle down will reap rewards for the other forwards. It would be nice if he finished one of his chances though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fancy him to bag one tonight.

Ole seemed in a bullish mood and we know Marcus usually responds to a challenge.

Brighton 0:3 Man Utd

DRM

Looks very rusty which is expected given how long he was out for. Not worried, he just needs some match sharpness

acnumber9

He’s been pretty shit since the comeback but weirdly he’s played some cracking passes in between the lines that I’ve rarely seen him do before.

His attacking intensity and touch has declined due to the injury and that’s understandable as he works his way back in, but his playmaking has stepped up a notch.

Some lovely through balls and passes again, to set Shaw up on multiple occasions.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Hoping he is just playing himself back into form and he looks lacklustre and uninspired

. He’s lucky Mason and Martial have carried the load in past few games, but he needs to step up soon, as they are also due off games.

PoTMS

He's looked awful. Greenwood down the left hand side looks promising.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is not playing with same intensity but his passing has improved a lot, making full use of overlapping runs. He played Shaw few times which was good to see. For some reason he has stopped making runs, hopefully it's just because he is back from injury. Looks more matured in his general play but he should make the runs too.

el3mel

Still not in form but I'm not worried. His presence on the left is very important even when not in his best.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He is not playing with same intensity but his passing has improved a lot, making full use of overlapping runs. He played Shaw few times which was good to see. For some reason he has stopped making runs, hopefully it's just because he is back from injury. Looks more matured in his general play but he should make the runs too.
His passing is good you’re right, agreed though want to see him making big runs.

Thought he was terrible today bar a few nice balls into the channel (his trademark). Still dumbfounded as to why he stopped making that run on the wing when we were countering 4v4 and forced Shaw to cut back and pass to him. Killed a very promising attack. I know he's asking for the ball to feet more to build up form but he needs to snap out of it because he's completely static on that end.

Still, he was our best player the first half of the season by far so I trust him to get back to good form. A goal would do his confidence a world of good but I'd like him to start running at defenders again at least instead of just squaring up for balls to Shaw and Martial every time. Looked like he was taking on a lot of dribbles in the West Brom friendly highlights so wondering why he's stopped.

tjb

He's looked awful. Greenwood down the left hand side looks promising.
He's clearly still not up to scratch, even on the injury. He was avoiding making hard sprints on the ball. There were a lot of counter opportunites missed due to this. A fit Rashford would at least have been testing the opposition back line with that space. Against Sheffield United, he did that, despite not having his shooting boots on, today I think we saw the fatigue setting in to his lower back. He needs the games to get up to speed, moreso than others and we should all have expected this.

Aside from that, like a poster above me mentioned, his passing has really improved. He now has a deadly final ball.

E-mal

He needs a goal, thank goodness we have other players to take the burden in helping him.

BlahRules

I feel Greenwood will surpass Rashford next season if he is allowed to get the game time. The football maturity of Greenwood is insane.

VictoriaRed

Very, very AVG tonight. Quite negative all around, to be honest. Always seems to be playing backwards; very frustrating. Finding it challenging returning to game pace, I guess. Slows the tempo down, too, much! I know he'll come good, but it's hard to watch at the moment! Will be pulling hard for him as I know he can be class.

MetoTTT

England's hero isn't United's yet. Very disappointing since the restart. C'mon lad!

Backrow Singer

I actually like this thread because it’s a sign that we’ve got our standards back. He wasn’t poor tonight but people want and expect more out of him and that’s a brilliant thing in my opinion.

You can hear it amongst the players as well on the pitch, there were times tonight when someone gave the ball away and you could hear certain players’ frustrations. That want and demand for better is a really good sign.

Rashford will be fine with games. If he isn’t, we’ve got other players in the team who are performing really well at present anyway. That’s how it should be.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rashford looks a long way off at the moment, which I guess is understandable having had such a serious back injury. Looks a player who badly needs a goal for his confidence. We could really do with him getting back to his pre-injury form during the run in. I hope he can find his head and find it fast.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I actually like this thread because it’s a sign that we’ve got our standards back. He wasn’t poor tonight but people want and expect more out of him and that’s a brilliant thing in my opinion.

You can hear it amongst the players as well on the pitch, there were times tonight when someone gave the ball away and you could hear certain players’ frustrations. That want and demand for better is a really good sign.

Rashford will be fine with games. If he isn’t, we’ve got other players in the team who are performing really well at present anyway. That’s how it should be.
Completely agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.