Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Was talking about the Fernandes goal. Martial was 5 yards away and Shaw couldn't find him. It was a deflection off Dunk which fell to Pogba who then played in Fernandes.
He's not getting player of the year for pulling off one intended cross to Oghalo.
He doesn't need to be player of the year. The argument he doesn't put deadly balls into the box is certainly debunked though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Best game back. Nice for him to grab his first since I named my 9-week old after him!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Aside from his well taken penalty, he could've had an amazing assist if not for Bruno's miss. What a ball that was.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I was most happy to see him get on the end of the offside tap in, as that required pure speed and instinct to get onto the end of, shame it was disallowed.

Good to see him getting back to full fitness and hope the penalty restores his confidence. Perfect timing for strong influence in upcoming games.

Djemba-Djemba

Really unlucky for the offside goal, that was so tight.

Still he played really well today I thought, looked the best he has since he came back and took his penalty nice and calmly.

Think he'll go from strength to strength now.

always_hoping

Today was his best performance since coming back from injury. Reminds me Rooney who also needed a run of games to get back to form after injury.

RuudTom83

Rashford looked sharper today...but he has Greenwood and Martial to keep up with! add another quality option in the summer and the competition is going to be immense.

Today was his best performance since coming back from injury. Reminds me Rooney who also needed a run of games to get back to form after injury.
Rooney often needed a few games to get up and running due to his fitness. I think it’s different with Rashford, he had been out a long time prior to the resumption, probably about 5-6 months. Good to see he’s getting back into form.

ShinjiNinja26

He needed that goal badly, even if it was a penalty. I think scoring that 2nd one from open play not long after would’ve helped as well even if it was ruled offside. Hopefully regained his confidence in front of goal now and starts banging them in again. :devil:

POF

He's definitely adding more to his game which is a really good sign. His ability to pick out a pass, cross or throughball is really coming along.

Only concern is his reluctance to take on his full back, even when one on one in a lot of space. Also, he stayed down for some time when he fell on his back in the first half.

He looks like he's still struggling with injury. Back injuries can be really difficult to recover from so hopefully there are no long term issues.

dablem_10

Actually Im fine with 0 goals from open play after lockdown. The team is not independent on 2 players to deliver from 2 chances anymore. What Im happy about is other aspects of his game are developing and hopefully he is growing into more rounded and flexible player. All people here moaned he is just pace and shot before. Be happy he is maturing. Confidence and composure will come till end of PL season

Rolaholic

We're spoiled to have such a talented and likable squad right now

Yagami

Good post resistant
He’s played some brilliant passes in the last few games. Was a similar one to Shaw in our last match. Great to see his game get more and more well rounded.
He has. I think it was around the time we beat City 2-1 at the Etihad earlier in the season where I first noticed the improvement in his passing. Some of the passes he played that game on the break and under pressure were very impressive, and I've noticed his improvement in that regard ever since.

I was told I was speaking gibberish when I said he was becoming a good passer of the ball a few months ago, but it looks like he really has got a good pass on him now. He can play those balls to an overlapping Shaw, those angled through balls like the one to Bruno just gone, he can switch the play with a Rooney-esque long pass, or he can play nice little passes to open up a defence like for his 2nd assist to Martial against Sheffield.

CG1010

The rate at which he is adding different facets to his game is scary.. write him off at your peril! His passing game in last few games has become top notch, worthy of some of the best playmakers of our times. In addition, his movement seems to be well in-sync with Bruno and Pogba.

And I am so happy for him to get a goal and even the incorrectly ruled offside goal which will give him lots of confidence going forward on the scoring front.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He has somehow returned as a wide playmaker. Ridiculous passes today.

Djemba-Djemba

Just needs an open play goal for his confidence.

Thought he played well as the game went on though some lovely passes and crosses and he linked up beautifully with Shaw .

He was brilliant tonight for me, great runs off the ball and picking out delightful through balls to Shaw over and over. Slowly looking like he’s getting back to his pre injury level. Some great playmaking.

Unlucky not to score, I’m sure that one Pogba blocked would’ve at least stung Reinas gloves let alone go in, and a good save from Pepe at the end there.

Nick7

His finishing has been poor. But feck me his passing has been unreal recently. Great at finding spaces between the defenders too.

BarstoolProphet

A bit off in the first half, but great in the second bar his finishing. Some of his passes were KDB-esque.

Based Adnan

Started off rusty but had a good second half. Liking his playmaking. Goal will do him the world of good.

el3mel

He's still not in his best form but he's so important to have on the pitch. I'm not worried about his form. Will regain it fully eventually.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Goals are missing but his general play has improved so much, his passing is so good, it's like we are playing with so many playmakers.

Him and Shaw have very good partnership.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was very good in the 2nd.

He's not playing as direct as he was prior to the break. He is linking up more and playing penetrative passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.