Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Rubbish today just like Bruno

I hope in both cases it’s fatigue .

Worrying if it’s not

cyberman

He held his position out wide, same as Greenwood.
I thought Neville was out of order by saying what he should do as if it was by choice, making it seem like this was his fault.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Thought he was very poor today, hasnt really turned up since the restart and not sure why not. Today for example he seemed to be strolling through the game at his own pace rather than bursting a gut. When on form, I think he’s our most important player and we really need him to lead by example. Big opportunity for him to come into the Europa League games and really push us on to the final.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Can see him on the bench a lot next season - if you sign Sancho and Grealish (who can both feature wide left) and ship James out, he’s the least naturally talented of the forward options.

If the PSG interest comes to fruition in the form of a massive bid to replace Mbappe, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see him sacrificed - I think Solskjaer knows his limitations, and could reinvest the money into a new centre back, anchor to bench Matic and target man; the scousers have sacrificed Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho over the past 6 years, yet kept moving forward by recycling them into multiple useful players - wouldn’t be a bad idea for United to do the same with him and Pogba.

Eddy_JukeZ

Can see him on the bench a lot next season - if you sign Sancho and Grealish (who can both feature wide left) and ship James out, he’s the least naturally talented of the forward options.

If the PSG interest comes to fruition in the form of a massive bid to replace Mbappe, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see him sacrificed - I think Solskjaer knows his limitations, and could reinvest the money into a new centre back, anchor to bench Matic and target man; the scousers have sacrificed Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho over the past 6 years, yet kept moving forward by recycling them into multiple useful players - wouldn’t be a bad idea for United to do the same with him and Pogba.
This is hyperbole and not the same as the aforementioned Pool players. Suarez couldn't have stayed after another biting incident. Sterling and Coutinho both wanted to leave. Rashford doesn't want to leave.

Rashford isn't going anywhere and he'll start plenty of games next season even if Sancho is here.

Becks00

See based on recent performances am inclined to agree with you on the fact that he might find himself on the bench a lot next season, if we do bring in sancho and grealish

But then again have also seen him performed a lot better than this during this same season, the rashford that showed up during our november-december run was very much one of the best players in the league and if that rashford shows up for the majority of next season, greenwood, martial or sancho would genuinely have to be on another level for him to be left out. And I wouldn't particularly say he is the least talented amongst all of them but for some reason either because of fatigue or low confidence,or the back injury, he seems to not be the same player, and not backing himself in the same situations he's excelled in this season, for instance he constantly ran at aurier and sissoko at old Trafford this season, city's defence was genuinely scared of him on the ball when we visited ethiad in the league this season, and even in the same games that most people say he tends to struggle in(games with less space) he's had genuinely good performances in like against Norwich, Brighton etc. All in all if the rashford that showed up in the late October to December games shows up, it would be very hard for ole to justify leaving him out

Alemar

Penalties aside, he scored less than Greenwood this season, and significantly less than Martial. Today was a very poor performance from Marcus - apparently due to fatigue, he needs rest badly

Bojan11

Penalties aside, he scored less than Greenwood this season, and significantly less than Martial. Today was a very poor performance from Marcus - apparently due to fatigue, he needs rest badly
Which is why I am surprised Solskjaer played him in the FA cup last week.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He consistently fails 8 out of 10 (basic - first touch, chest, dribble, pass, flick etc) skills he attempts in a game. Lacking natural talent at football but makes up for it with blistering pace and a ridiculous shot on him. But let’s be honest he’s insanely frustrating to watch. Wastes a lot of possession on that left wing and his brain runs on dial up compared to greenwood. A blunt sword

macheda14

He consistently fails 8 out of 10 (basic - first touch, chest, dribble, pass, flick etc) skills he attempts in a game. Lacking natural talent at football but makes up for it with blistering pace and a ridiculous shot on him. But let’s be honest he’s insanely frustrating to watch. Wastes a lot of possession on that left wing and his brain runs on dial up compared to greenwood. A blunt sword
Are we forgetting his incredible run of form before he got injured? He’s got a bit of the Rooneys about him, when he is playing poorly he seems to lose the basics. But he does have natural talent, he can dribble very well and again when he’s on form his link up play can be incredible.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't think you understand anything about football if that is how you asses a player like Rashford. I'm curious as to what you would say to someone like Vardy, Van Persie or Torres. You could make the claim they lack natural talent for different reasons at different points in their career. Van Persie at the age of Rashford struggled to become the 30 goals a season striker he became in his later years. Vardy was just nowhere at the age of Rashford. Torres was clearly someone who you would call a natural talent when younger but didn't last that long at the top level did he. Is it because he wasn't a natural? No. There is many aspects to consider, ups and downs in careers, and for his age Rashford seem to already be on track to become a club legend. Even if that doesn't happen, that doesn't mean he wasn't a great footballer or a natural, he clearly was a huge talent and is slowly closing in on his potential. He is in the top bracket of talents in the world at the moment, and if you fail to see that I doubt you could tell the difference between say a player like Mbappe and Bergwijn.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Grealish isn't close to the same level as Rashford... ffs, this place. Rashford was our player of the season by a distance until he got a stress fracture in his spine in January. That's a huge injury! And something that takes a while to come back from 100% even if you're back playing again. He then had a very good start after lockdown, played a bunch, was MotM against Crystal Palace and then tired like the rest and struggled in the last 3 games (which were all over the past 7 days).

He's going to be a key fixture in our front 3 for a long time to come, and rightfully so. He's a terrific player, and has shown it this season.

The Oracle

Rashford is 22 years old and is pulling in the same wage as Harry Kane.

He's been delivering on the political front, but needs to start performing in his main role now as a football player.
Hope he performs in the Europa League, as he's been pretty poor these last few matches.

bosnian_red

Thought he was very poor today, hasnt really turned up since the restart and not sure why not. Today for example he seemed to be strolling through the game at his own pace rather than bursting a gut. When on form, I think he’s our most important player and we really need him to lead by example. Big opportunity for him to come into the Europa League games and really push us on to the final.
He was really good for the whole restart until the last 3 games, with a MotM performance in against Palace. Tiredness after playing loads of football after coming back from a stress fracture. Not a massive surprise tbh.

bosnian_red

Rashford is 22 years old and is pulling in the same wage as Harry Kane.

He's been delivering on the political front, but needs to start performing in his main role now as a football player.
Hope he performs in the Europa League, as he's been pretty poor these last few matches.
30 goals + assists in 42 appearances isn't delivering as a football player? Harry Kane has 26 goals + assists (playing as a striker vs Rashford as LW).

ReallyUSA

Jeez, I thought I was critical of Rashford. Kid was exhausted. Without the COVID break, he wasn't going to play for the rest of the year. Didn't play well since the return, but I think we can see that it is fatigue and nothing else.

SambaBoy

Up and down this thread like you wouldn't believe. He's been in bad form since the restart and now it's back to 'he's not good enough, he's limited etc'. Start of next season, when he starts well it will be back to the 'he's one of the best players in the league, he's going to be amazing etc'.

bosnian_red

Up and down this thread like you wouldn't believe. He's been in bad form since the restart and now it's back to 'he's not good enough, he's limited etc'. Start of next season, when he starts well it will be back to the 'he's one of the best players in the league, he's going to be amazing etc'.
Its not even like he's been in bad form since the restart though. He had a bad week, 3 games. The other 7 or 8 games he played were very good performances. People just can't wait to shot on someone for some reason.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's been really poor in the last 2 games. I think he has to work on his bottom level. When he's off form, he struggles to do the basics - solid ball control, finding his team mates, knowing when to dribble and when to pass etc

But all in all he's had a very good season and his end product in particular is impressive.

zenith

He needs a break. The season has been great for him but some solid recovery time will do him good.

Also feel that playing on the europa would be nice for him to rediscover his high press and direct game

Mr Smith

Wasn't at his best today but his conservative positioning was the main cause; very clearly an instruction from the coaching staff. Very frustrating because it nullifies his best qualities and separates him by 20 yards from the player hes combined with more effectively than anyone else this season. That's not really his fault.

Wish he'd cut out the glory balls though.

Number32

3 goals, 3 assists since the restart, it's not a bad stats for someone who just recover from back injury. Normally any athlete in any sport would spent more than a year to rediscover his best form after suffering back injury.

I don't want to write him off next season, with or without Sancho. He's still be nominated for FWA Footballer of the year though.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
A couple of bad games and the vultures are predictably circling again. Doesn't take much for all his past achievements to be deliberately forgotten. Some of you lot are just willing him to fail so you can be proven right or your favoured player will look better or something.

He'll be completely fine. Most important attacking player of ours this season apart from Bruno, and will continue to be our key player regardless of what some here desperately hope for.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't know why people continue to go overboard on the Rashford criticism lately.

He was sensational vs Palace, but 1 bad game and the critiques become so exaggerated.

red4ever 79

A couple of bad games and the vultures are predictably circling again. Doesn't take much for all his past achievements to be deliberately forgotten. Some of you lot are just willing him to fail so you can be proven right or your favoured player will look better or something.

He'll be completely fine. Most important attacking player of ours this season apart from Bruno, and will continue to be our key player regardless of what some here desperately hope for.
Disagree with that. Martial is more important to our attacking line up and the way we play. You get the feeling Ole sees it that way also - Martial left on the bench for the FA semi, Martial usually brought off if we are comfortably winning

Kostov

I hope it's just fatigue, in these last couple of games there's Martial and Bruno chasing and pressing, and then you see Rashford standing and showing very little effort. As I said I hope he is just tired and is back on his game when it matters.

Bondi77

The thing that I find disappointing is that Leicester really did have a makeshift backline and we only score from their own errors, Rashford has been good this season but not in this game which was a pressure game.

bosnian_red

Crazy how everyone seems to be rewriting his whole season on the back of 1 bad week. Literally just 1 bad week. Was very good post lockdown after returning from injury, struggled the last 3 games but overall had a terrific season.

Also their 8th top rated player over the course of the season (9th including the players who played less than the average number of minutes, so Bruno who would be 2nd). 30 goals and assists as a left winger. The guy killed it for us this season and will be a key player for years to come, and is an amazing individual off the pitch.

LoneStar

He hasn’t been the same in the last week or two. Probably to do with fatigue.

I mean, even when he wasn’t playing well, he was always buzzing with energy and was tenacious. But hasn’t even been doing that the last couple of games. A break should hopefully do him good.

jem

Rubbish today just like Bruno

I hope in both cases it’s fatigue .

Worrying if it’s not
Maybe it was just a bad game. I don't think it's particularly worrying when you look at his season as a whole. Rooney used to have random rubbish games all the time.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Way too inconsistent to call top class. His bottom level is much lower than Martial’s too.

Still a very good player though, unplayable on his day.

DoomSlayer

Crazy how everyone seems to be rewriting his whole season on the back of 1 bad week. Literally just 1 bad week. Was very good post lockdown after returning from injury, struggled the last 3 games but overall had a terrific season.

Also their 8th top rated player over the course of the season (9th including the players who played less than the average number of minutes, so Bruno who would be 2nd). 30 goals and assists as a left winger. The guy killed it for us this season and will be a key player for years to come, and is an amazing individual off the pitch.
We have a lot of crazies on the Caf, that's for sure. Their obsessions with negativity and over-the-top criticism is mind-boggling.

Rashford also is in the top 5 best performing players in the PL, according to WhoScored, alongside KDB, Mane, Salah and Sterling. Martial is just a tiny bit behind them.

Last edited:

Sylar

Thought he should have been one of the first few to come off as a sub (defo before Greenwood). He dropped way too deep (dont know if this was a tactic) and his pressing was lacking. He was walking at times. Hopefully its because he came back from injury, and then had a huge number of games together in a short period, and the fatigue caught up.

We have a lot of crazies on the Caf, that's for sure. Their obsessions with negativity and over-the-top criticism is mind-boggling.

Rashford also is in the top 5 best performing players in the PL, according to WhoScored, alongside KDB, Mane, Salah and Sterling. Martial is just a tiny bit behind them.
I really dont know why half these people actually ‘support’ the club.

It’s just a total winge fest. I suppose that’s the way people are these days.

SATA

His take down and fake to get the defender turned in the first half against Leicester was brilliant and then he proceeded to mishit the shot way over the bar. A fully fit and sharp Rashford would have 99% buried that in the net

Status
Not open for further replies.