Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Do you have a point? The post centres around 2 major points if you get off your high horse and engage your brain cells:

Did Rashford have a good season? Yes - Is this what you disagree so strongly against?

Did he have a terrible game against Leicester where he was hardly involved? Yes - Again, is this what you disagree so strongly against?
Yes, your points are shit and hopefully you never get promoted because the last thing this forum needs is more idiots with shit opinions. I was going to address a couple of them in response but they're not worth it. I will reference one, though:

the Dr offered nothing
Cheap shots because he was awarded an honorary degree. What a fecking despicable little cnut you are. You know what he did to get that honour right? For the children of Mnachester? feck off back to your hole newbie scum.

Glorio

Yes, your points are shit and hopefully you never get promoted because the last thing this forum needs is more idiots with shit opinions. I was going to address a couple of them in response but they're not worth it. I will reference one, though:

Cheap shots because he was awarded an honorary degree. What a fecking despicable little cnut you are. You know what he did to get that honour right? For the children of Mnachester? feck off back to your hole newbie scum.
Thanks for showing your level of intelligence, as you referenced no point made, just calling my observations shit when you have none of your own, or no counterpoint at all is very succinct - kudos.
And deciding to take a nickname which many of us here have fondly used with zero context is just low ... the fact that you only pulled that out as a reference, well no words.

Calling Rashford the Dr in that sentence was not an insult. I see how it could come across as that, but it's actually not. I'm actually quite proud of what the boy has done. I'm a big fan of Rashford as my posts on here will show, and if you actually read the post, you'll see that I've alluded to the fact that him not giving his all is not his MO which makes it all the more curious.

You've willfully avoided all that to belittle a poster because of newbie status? Does that fact that you've been on here longer than I have give you a weird superiority complex?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is the best analysis I’ve seen of him since we changed our style to a possession based system. He doesn’t really take on players when we are camped in their half. He doesn’t believe he can dribble in tight spaces. Im just going to blame it on fatigue. Usually he likes to run with the ball even if he loses it. Fatigue has him taking the safer option.

I don’t think we should include him in Europa until we reach the finals. James should come in on the left so he can rest. Ole is going to break his back if he continues overplaying him.
Absolutely. I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately it doesn’t explain his performances against tight-knit teams either. When he was free scoring for us first half of season almost all of them were in open space games. Many have forgotten the moans and groans when we played deep blocked teams. Rashford rarely excels in games when we dominate possession against no space opposition. Fatigue or no fatigue.

A lot of hard pressed fans in here are offended by that and I don’t understand why. Compare Greenwood’s natural dribbling ability to Rashford in tight spaces and in between lines. It’s no where near close. When he doesn’t back himself he spends all game one touch passing it back. Rare moments he tries to fancy dribble himself out of, but more often than not he fails and then again resorts to one touch pass backs. Bottleneck in this team moving forward.

Glorio

Absolutely. I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately it doesn’t explain his performances against tight-knit teams either. When he was free scoring for us first half of season almost all of them were in open space games. Many have forgotten the moans and groans when we played deep blocked teams. Rashford rarely excels in games when we dominate possession against no space opposition. Fatigue or no fatigue.

A lot of hard pressed fans in here are offended by that and I don’t understand why. Compare Greenwood’s natural dribbling ability to Rashford in tight spaces and in between lines. It’s no where near close. When he doesn’t back himself he spends all game one touch passing it back. Rare moments he tries to fancy dribble himself out of, but more often than not he fails and then again resorts to one touch pass backs. Bottleneck in this team moving forward.
Maybe that reluctance to take defenders on recently is because he's still rediscovering form and confidence in what strain he can put his body through since returning from a long term injury?

Recovery is both physical and psychological. Every attacker in the team struggled against low block defenses because we didn't have the creativity from midfield mainly, so I wouldn't judge too much from the team's ineptitude in those situations before Bruno came along.

It's also difficult to judge his abiliy based on his post Covid/injury form as frankly he doesn't seem to have found his level with any consistency since his return - could be recovery or tiredness from playing so much off the back of a long injury. As I said in a different post, particularly against Leicester, he seemed unable or unwilling to extend himself in that game: almost as though haunted by memories of that day vs Wolves

diarm

I quite enjoyed this little video. Mainly it just made me sad that Scholes doesn't play for us anymore.

Maybe that reluctance to take defenders on recently is because he's still rediscovering form and confidence in what strain he can put his body through since returning from a long term injury?

Recovery is both physical and psychological. Every attacker in the team struggled against low block defenses because we didn't have the creativity from midfield mainly, so I wouldn't judge too much from the team's ineptitude in those situations before Bruno came along.

It's also difficult to judge his abiliy based on his post Covid/injury form as frankly he doesn't seem to have found his level with any consistency since his return - could be recovery or tiredness from playing so much off the back of a long injury. As I said in a different post, particularly against Leicester, he seemed unable or unwilling to extend himself in that game: almost as though haunted by memories of that day vs Wolves
Fully agreed with that. I don’t agree with the posts that he’s ineffective against “tight-knit” opponents and that he can’t dribble or create against a low block. I can find countless videos during this season and last of him doing the exact thing people are criticising him about.

Like you said, he’s just come back from quite frankly a career-threatening injury which pros have said you sometimes can never come back from. Glimpses of his pre Covid form was there to see against Southampton and especially Palace with that wonderful run and assist for Martial.

Fans need to get off his back (no pun intended) and give the man sometime to recover and trust in his undoubted ability once more. After a stress fracture in his fecking spine, I don’t blame him playing within himself. And he is most definitely not a “bottleneck” in this team moving forward. Some of the passes he made at the beginning of the restart were top class and an indicator of what he can bring to our team when fully fit and in form.

What a load of shite. Rashford and Martial at their best have shown incredible link-up play, quick passing in tight spaces and skills to beat 1v1 defenders. How this agenda against Rashford can still keep existing is beyond me.
Agreed. It’s ridiculous. I don’t think people watch our games properly otherwise they would know that there is literally countless amounts of evidence showing Rashford cutting through tight spaces with outrageous pieces of skill.

Crazy how everyone seems to be rewriting his whole season on the back of 1 bad week. Literally just 1 bad week. Was very good post lockdown after returning from injury, struggled the last 3 games but overall had a terrific season.

Also their 8th top rated player over the course of the season (9th including the players who played less than the average number of minutes, so Bruno who would be 2nd). 30 goals and assists as a left winger. The guy killed it for us this season and will be a key player for years to come, and is an amazing individual off the pitch.
Great post. People have short term memories when it comes to Rashford.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I quite enjoyed this little video. Mainly it just made me sad that Scholes doesn't play for us anymore.

Bit random, but yeah, it makes me miss Scholes, too! The best midfielder I've ever had the pleasure of watching live.

Web of Bissaka

Rashford won 2019/20 Academy Graduate award, ahead of TAA. (link)

"The prize is handed out to those who have come through the Academy system and not only excelled with their on-field performances but also acted as role models."

DoomSlayer

Strelok

He still lives with his mum while on £200k a week. It's actually quite amazing to see that. I thought it'd be some sort of a huge mansion with top tech stuffs. Guy is so humble and kind, down to earth. Man he paid his mum's mortgage first thing once he made some money. I can't understand how there's people hating him, not talking about United fans. It's just insane to hate a lad like that.

FizzyWomack

I love the lad .. but sometimes just wish he had more composure in front of goal. too many times he tries to do the spectacular and take it first time on a volley for example, if he'd just take that first touch then he would score much more goals imo

he will only get better though and I expect to see more composure next season

Rolaholic

Proud to have one of the best role models in sports today being one of our own

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Thanks for showing your level of intelligence, as you referenced no point made, just calling my observations shit when you have none of your own, or no counterpoint at all is very succinct - kudos.
And deciding to take a nickname which many of us here have fondly used with zero context is just low ... the fact that you only pulled that out as a reference, well no words.

Calling Rashford the Dr in that sentence was not an insult. I see how it could come across as that, but it's actually not. I'm actually quite proud of what the boy has done. I'm a big fan of Rashford as my posts on here will show, and if you actually read the post, you'll see that I've alluded to the fact that him not giving his all is not his MO which makes it all the more curious.

You've willfully avoided all that to belittle a poster because of newbie status? Does that fact that you've been on here longer than I have give you a weird superiority complex?
Sigh.

" he just didn't appear bothered enough to engage" - really? Marcus Rashford downed tools? I suppose he was too busy fighting the government and earning honorary doctorates. Good thing he wasn't promoting a brand or something.

"on a sulk" [because he didn't want to play] - ok. More baseless speculation.

And again, the Dr comment is 100% an insult, despite your protestations to the contrary. If you're so proud of his achievements why call him the Dr so flippantly? I'd be really interested to know how you dance around that.
I'll wager that you were upset and lashing out but that's no excuse, especially since we won the match. Rashford, like all of our starters was tired as feck after playing every two to three days for a few weeks.

And yes, I've been here long enough to see all the shite that comes out of the newbie forum. As long as you have that tag under your name, you'll be judged, because it takes time to learn how to actually provide meaningful discourse here as well as prove you're not just some idiot here to wind up the boards. Ta.

Glorio

Sigh.

" he just didn't appear bothered enough to engage" - really? Marcus Rashford downed tools? I suppose he was too busy fighting the government and earning honorary doctorates. Good thing he wasn't promoting a brand or something.

"on a sulk" [because he didn't want to play] - ok. More baseless speculation.

And again, the Dr comment is 100% an insult, despite your protestations to the contrary. If you're so proud of his achievements why call him the Dr so flippantly? I'd be really interested to know how you dance around that.
I'll wager that you were upset and lashing out but that's no excuse, especially since we won the match. Rashford, like all of our starters was tired as feck after playing every two to three days for a few weeks.

And yes, I've been here long enough to see all the shite that comes out of the newbie forum. As long as you have that tag under your name, you'll be judged, because it takes time to learn how to actually provide meaningful discourse here as well as prove you're not just some idiot here to wind up the boards. Ta.
I wasn't lashing out, we actually won on the day and ended up in the CL.
I was saying he had an uncharacteristically terrible game. With Rashford on his worst days, one thing you can always count on is effort. On this particular day there was none. Which is why when I wondered if he was on a sulk, I clearly said it wasn't his MO.

Regarding my status, such generalisations are the root of all prejudice no? By the way, ahem ... Check my tag ;)

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Rashford had double fracture in his back. Will take time to come back to his best. To say he downed tools is just not true.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Must be so cool for that kid. If twitter had been around in the 90s and Beckham posted something like that about little me, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Revan

Assumptionman
He still lives with his mum while on £200k a week. It's actually quite amazing to see that. I thought it'd be some sort of a huge mansion with top tech stuffs. Guy is so humble and kind, down to earth. Man he paid his mum's mortgage first thing once he made some money. I can't understand how there's people hating him, not talking about United fans. It's just insane to hate a lad like that.
The crazy thing is not only that he is a top lad, but that he is actually a top player too. But yes, one bad match away from being Rashford again.

Bwuk

I don’t think he’s recovered fully from the injury before lockdown.

Hes not looked the same physically since.

acnumber9

He doesn’t look physically right but he wasn’t as bad as the match day thread was making out. He looks like he could do with a while off though.

slored1

Looked poor again. I really dislike the thing where he stops and waits for others in the counters. He is at his best when he drives forward, but he's not done that enough.

Suedesi

He doesn't seem 100% physically. Wonder if we're seeing the effects of that back injury.

Why is Ole running him to the ground? He should have been taken off instead of Greenwood.

stepic

I hope he’s still recovering from injury because he’s been absolutely shite ever since the restart.

Renegade

Don’t think his fully fit. He can’t seem to dribble past defenders. Refuses to go on the outside. I don’t rate him playing in this wide playmaker role.

el3mel

Ok that was garbage performance today. Ridiculous finishing too. No excuses.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Needs a rest. He seems to be waiting for the ball to land at his feet magically rather than working off the ball to make things happen. He is being reactive rather than proactive.

It is his work off the ball that seems to be lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.