Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

Poor today.

But let's not go OTT and rewrite his entire season.

It's kind of ironic how him and Martial have somewhat switched 'personas' on the field. Martial is the one driving and playing with intensity, while Rashford has adopted more of a 'laid-back' approach.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Needs to stop this wide playmaking role he's taken on, maybe that's because he doesn't have full confidence in his back maybe? He's lost that explosiveness

drdoityourself

Not his day. His style now is very hit and miss. All from shooting technique to passes. Makes him prone to a very low floor on off days. On his day he's unplayable, but has looked tired and out of ideas during the last few performances.

Copa Mundial

It doesn't help that his left foot is weak too. Mason can work openings to both the left and right side. Rashford's only option is to cut inside every time when playing on the left.

Andi Latte

Like I already said in the post-match thread, his decision making is still shocking most of the time. Honestly, after 4 1/2 seasons in the first team, that's pretty concering.

Sure, his form is pretty bad overall atm, when he is on song this can easily be overlooked, only I am still not certain if his good form this season is his regular one or the one we're seeing now.

If he doesn't improve massively next season, I'm inclined to view his earlier form more as a purple patch than a sign of greatness.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still doesn't seem quite right.
Could that back injury have had a bigger impact than expected? Does he just need some genuine competition for his place? Hard to say right now.

He’s had a mega season and I’m a massive fan, so we’ll just have to wait and see, really.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is not being proactive off the ball but reactive. Martial on the other hand is proactive. He is always moving looking to find the loose ball.

Rashfords confidence looks a bit shot.

Steven-UK

Quality control
Rashford is seriously out of his depth as a first team player for this club, and no, it’s not knee-jerk after this game, he just isn’t good enough, and never will be. I suspect he will always play like a youth player.

Fan-boys, do your worse, but we won’t be winning anything with him as a winger, or make shift ‘striker’.

I’d sell - we NEED a word class striker to get anywhere near where we were, Greenwood on the other hand will be a lethal player for us.

Cut our losses, send him in loan at the least, but he ain’t no first team player yet (Rashford)...

Banana Republic

As much as I wanted this lad to come good and become a really good player for Utd, I really don’t think he’s got it in him.
There’s no excuses. If he isn’t fully fit, or fully recovered from his injury, then he shouldn’t be playing.
I think the truth is that he’s a mediocre player, who’s flattered to deceive with his goals and some of his better moments.
Now he’s off form and showing no apparent motivation or desire, we can see his limitations.
One of Ole’s failings seems to be keeping faith with players who are not performing and should clearly be rested or dropped.
Rashford is a good example of that.

Skills

Snitch
If we do sign Sancho, it would be incredibly harsh and wrong to feck around with Mason or Martial. Rashford's spot, is the first one up for grabs.

PoTMS

Is he still injured? He's been shocking since the restart. Needs to be dropped as if to light a fire up his ass but a lack of quality in his positions mean it's difficult to do that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rashford looks to be carrying an injury and I worry he is going to break down before the end of this tournament.

Jacko21

Could that back injury have had a bigger impact than expected? Does he just need some genuine competition for his place? Hard to say right now.

He’s had a mega season and I’m a massive fan, so we’ll just have to wait and see, really.
Don’t see any cause for alarm, just needs a break and a full return to fitness.

I’d be tempted to bench him for the next game - he might be more effective when coming on against tiring legs at the moment.

DRM

He only looks very weak..like he's lost some muscle mass whilst he was out injured. Looks like a kid again

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The less said about that performance the better, games like this show how desperately we need some depth.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford is seriously out of his depth as a first team player for this club, and no, it’s not knee-jerk after this game, he just isn’t good enough, and never will be. I suspect he will always play like a youth player.

Fan-boys, do your worse, but we won’t be winning anything with him as a winger, or make shift ‘striker’.

I’d sell - we NEED a word class striker to get anywhere near where we were, Greenwood on the other hand will be a lethal player for us.

Cut our losses, send him in loan at the least, but he ain’t no first team player yet (Rashford)...
Utter nonsense.

Cut our losses???? He's an academy player. Hahahahaha

He's was in our top 3 players of the season prior to that serious injury. It's clearly effected him as he seems to have changed his style since coming back which makes me think he's still not right.

izec

The injury fecked him up (in which Ole isnt completely faultless)
He has been underwhelming since coming back

In Rainbows

Why do you automatically call anyone who disagrees with your opinion a fanboy?

Rashford, should he be benched by Sancho (if he's here), is a tremendous player to have off the bench and start a lot of matches.

Reiver

He's not in good form at present, often playing too deep and too wide. His decision making can be suspect and, right now, he's looking a bit Dan James like in his end product, in that he doesn't have one.
That being said, I'm sure he'll come back into form and show us what he can do. Out of all our players, and there are a lot of them, he looks like he needs an end of season break the most.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If Sancho signs, you can't make a case for anyone but him getting dropped.
This is where a lack of depth hurts us. I don't think playing him 90mins after 90 mins is helping him. He needs to be brought in slowly. He will be fine.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Despite the poor performance he still had some decent moments. But overall we know he can do more.

Copa Mundial

It seems that everyone defending his poor performances is blaming it on his bad back.

If this is true why is Ole still persisting with him, surely he should be benched?

Icemav

He's contributing because there is some class there. But overall looking a bit shit (by his standards) and toothless since the restart. Seems to have lost his dynamism for now and doesnt look willing to dribble. He should improve though. Well he needs to really but that might be next season.

Shark

@NotShark
It must be said he's been absolutely piss poor since coming back, it's as if he's forgotten basics that he knew in that debut vs Arsenal at 18 years of age. Really hope it's just a blip.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Not all players are in form at all times.

He's in a bit of a dip, drop him! Sell him!

We just need more options off the bench to take someone like Rashford off when it's not happening.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

I genuinely find it terrifying people like you exist and watch football weekly.

Football is a game of opinions but christ this is a bad one

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Was really poor tonight but he’s capable of so much more. I fear that we are going to burn the forwards out if we don’t get some more quality depth in pronto

Status
Not open for further replies.