5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siezard

I'm sure they would have already been well aware. Players discuss these things with the medical staff etc. It's not like everyone was completely oblivious to it before he made that announcement.
There's a reason why medical issues are confidential. Rashford was the one who openly revealed to everyone that he's injured. This forced Southgate to NOT play him as Southgate will get all the abuse if he played him a lot and England lose. Same thing for Ole. Ole can't play Rashford much until he get his surgery.

jem

Rashford was really underused in this tournament, can't think of another team in the tournament he would have played so few minutes. He scored a hat-trick in the Champions League off the bench, yet was barely trusted even to play as a substitute here.
Totally parenthetical to the discussion at hand, but I'm actually relieved he didn't play that much. He has been desperately in need of a rest, and hopefully not playing much helped in that regard.

jem

Plastic Utd fans who don't even come from England is the reason. Most would be City fans if they were born 20 years later in life.

Cretins.
I would imagine non-English United fans (like myself) are mostly horrified by the abuse Rashford has had to deal with.

RedLars

Hope he comes back—as soon as he’s fully fit, and not before—fired up and with a point to prove.

It’s time he takes the step up and starts delivering the goods more consistently and at the highest level. If he’s made of the right stuff, and I think he is, this could be the kick in the ass he needs to spur him on.

Yagami

Good post resistant
His pen didn't bother me because I knew he'd miss. One, because he's not good at them, two, because he stood there for like 5 minutes contemplating life, and three, we're England.

Nice tackle at RB, though.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
His pen didn't bother me because I knew he'd miss. One, because he's not good at them, two, because he stood there for like 5 minutes contemplating life, and three, we're England.

Nice tackle at RB, though.
He's missed two penalties in his career. Scored the winner in Paris two years ago and scored one for England against Colombia 2018 WC. He's good at pens.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's missed two penalties in his career. Scored the winner in Paris two years ago and scored one for England against Colombia 2018 WC. He's good at pens.
I guess that's just my pessimism when it comes to penalties. I expect everyone for the team I support to miss!

Andersons Dietician

Georginho also missed and he's probably one of the best at that technique. I thought Rashford got caught up in two minds. He started off running then he either got nervous or lost his run-up resulting in that penalty technique.
I take penalties the exact same way and would say the goal keeper played a blinder. The longer the keeper stays up doesn’t give any indication of direction you start to doubt yourself and you then can’t look at your strike till the last second.

You‘re not going to generate any great power so in your head you’re thinking this penalty has to be perfectly placed in the corner which you then start overcompensating for, trying to be perfect and the margins of error are so slim.

Add coming on cold and being expected to take a penalty in such an environment. Donaruma played a blinder.

Womp

idiot
There's a reason why medical issues are confidential. Rashford was the one who openly revealed to everyone that he's injured. This forced Southgate to NOT play him as Southgate will get all the abuse if he played him a lot and England lose. Same thing for Ole. Ole can't play Rashford much until he get his surgery.
What? Ole has played him into the ground this season and it was known he had those injuries.

jem

If you need evidence he thinks he’s a worldie. You can forgive a miss but that? Text book Rashford. You knew it was happening.
Yeah because clearly Marcus Rashford is unable to take a penalty in a pressure-packed situation :rolleyes:

caid

Just disgusted how he was used this tournament. Dont think its a coincidence that 3 united players took penalties, while 0 Aston Villa, West Ham, Leeds, Liverpool, Chelsea or City players took one. And of course no one will credit him for having the balls despite the injuries, poor form and lack of playing time.
Him being a cert to take a penalty is why you use him in the tournament when your struggling for goals. If you dont trust him to be on the pitch for more than 30 secs then frankly feck off using him in a penalty shootout in the final.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
People on the Let's Laugh at England thread are probably wanking to this.
Are you seriously suggesting those that rooted for Italy want Rashford to get abused?
Maybe you should try posting in that thread, I heard it's therapeutic and we have basins in place.

He'sRaldo

Behave, I’ve seen you absolutely slaughter some of our players this season, so what makes the ones criticising Rashford plastic, and you a superior fan? It seems that foreign players are fair game but if you say a word about our English players you’re a plastic. Double standards.
I'll defend Rashford anyday, but this is spot on.

The Hilton

It was a pointless waste of time him being part of the England squad - Southgate barely used him at all, clearly didn't fancy him, so he'd have been better off getting the surgery he clearly needs.

Having said that, he deserves a break, and then some surgery. Hopefully now we have Sancho (and possible even a fit Martial back) we can give him all the time he needs to recover and get back to the top of his game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well done those good people who turned a negative into a postive

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Can he get surgery now or whatever? How long are these injuries gonna take their toll on him?

spiriticon

Rashford is decent enough at pens and old enough now to handle the pressure. I would have put him as the last penalty taker out of Saka, Sancho and himself.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The child in the background "Why did someone write naughty words?" :(

Shame the future generation have to learn that there are people like this in the world.
Better they see now so they can be properly educated to not unknowingly follow in the scums paths

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

:( Have that surgery Marcus and come back better than ever!

Castia

Top class response from a top class person

Proud that he's a United player.

Art

Art the artist
Haven't gotten a player jersey for a long while now. That away kit with Marcus' name looks :drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Proud that's he's part of this club and I Have nodoubt doubt that he'll go down as a United legend when his career is done. Thankfully, a long way until that point and we'll see hundreds more games from him. Love him, hero :devil:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
‘A penalty is all I was asked to contribute for the team’

This line I think is very telling. It’s fecking shambolic management from Southgate in the first instance.

AshRK

This line I think is very telling. It’s fecking shambolic management from Southgate in the first instance.
Exactly. Imagine asking a star player like rashford to play for 2 minutes and that too as a rb.

Swiss_Red89

Thought the same. Absolute joke from Southgate. He didn't even had the balls to bring him on at halftime of extratime. Why leave Sterling on the pitch for 120min if he isn't trusted to tack a pen?

Marcus' respond is class, had me on the verge of tears.:(

spiriticon

Get your surgery Marcus, get healthy and make sure your career lasts long into your thirties.

Many young uns look up to you.

Halftrack

People on the Let's Laugh at England thread are probably wanking to this.
What's with this idea that people who didn't want England to win delight in seeing our players ridiculed and abused?

Apologies for not being English and not being particularly fond of your national team, it's clear that offends some of you, but dispense with these silly notion that shitting on Rashford is some foreigner thing. Plenty of his biggest detractors are English.

Status
Not open for further replies.