4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

Just watched on catch up. The lack of intensity and pressure on the ball from him in a defensive phases is just shocking, it is close to zero percent, he's like a fecking training ground cone. All you Ole lovers should remember who made him our superstar waged #10, what a joke. In his current form he's like a poor man's Demarai Grey and that's from someone who genuinely believe(d) in his talent.
You're having a go at Ole for believing in him but them say you yourself genuinely believed in his talent.

I've beem very critical of him but today the game was over when he came on. The team was completely gassed, belief gone. It's very difficult to do anything as a sub in that situation.

Righteous Steps

It’s an unpopular opinion but it’s impossible not to link his off field performances with his on field. We all commend everything he’s done off the pitch but it’s the type of focused work you see from players at the end or after their playing career, not in the midst of what should be their prime. He’s not superhuman and I’ll always believe he’s sacrificed some of his game on the pitch.
I don’t buy that footballers have enough times on their hands for extra curricular activities especially ones that doesn’t harm their body like some of the other ones they indulge in. Neymar and Ronaldo just two examples of players who do a lot outside football and have kept a high standard, heck the likes of Terry said at one point he Cole and the likes were in bars and clubs every weekend.

Him donating his money which is really the important thing here, his time less so because he has handlers and assistants to do that shouldn’t take away from his ability to play football at a high level and still be focused.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
You're having a go at Ole for believing in him but them say you yourself genuinely believed in his talent.

I've beem very critical of him but today the game was over when he came on. The team was completely gassed, belief gone. It's very difficult to do anything as a sub in that situation.
You can believe in someone's potential without making them one of the highest earners in the league and more or less pinning your hopes on them coming good. He should have been rewarded appropriately and kept hungry with feet on the ground and just maybe what we see from him now could have been avoided. Even if it couldn't at least you wouldn't have headache of a top earner barely good enough for the bench when all other options are injured/other.

SAFMUTD

This was supposed to be his season after getting surgery on his back, I really don't understand how can a player's level can fall so much.

It's like we're not even watching the same player, zero skills, zero effort, there's something really wrong with Rashford. He's been awful the whole season, it's not only about his football level but his attitude is also awful.

Banana Republic

On his reported £200,000 pw wages, Utd are paying Rashford £10.4 million a year for these sort of performances.

For a bit of context.
It would take a typical hospital doctor, someone who works all sorts of long and antisocial hours, often under high pressure, actually saving lives, 5 years to earn what Rashford earned today for that poor 26 minute display.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why is this thread getting the most comments? Was he reason our defence played like a pub team?

Definitely being scapegoated by our fans at this stage.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why is this thread getting the most comments? Was he reason our defence played like a pub team?

Maybe you didn’t notice as it wasn’t Pogba but he was jogging around when City were breaking multiple times in the game. This from a player who is being benched for a teenager from Academy. Its a testament to him that he was this bad despite being just a substitute.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Maybe you didn’t notice as it wasn’t Pogba but he was jogging around when City were breaking multiple times in the game. This from a player who is being benched for a teenager from Academy. Its a testament to him that he was this bad despite being just a substitute.
Nah he's definitely not playing well at all but that performance today wasn't on him. He didn't even start ffs.

You lot are so wanting to blame the lad for literally everything it's shameful.

Maguire Telles Lindelof and AWB were an absolute mess. Way way worse than a substitute. But that doesn't fit the agenda, right?

Too many Tories on here I think.

Barnslig

Nah he's definitely not playing well at all but that performance today wasn't on him. He didn't even start ffs.

Maguire Telles Lindelof and AWB were an absolute mess. Way way worse than a substitute. But that doesn't fit the agenda, right?

No one blames him for the performance, everyone is digging into him for HIS performance, which was very bad. I'm sure if you visit either of the four other player threads there's not going to be many nice compliments in there either. It's not like posting in this thread excludes you from posting in others.

Rashford was trash, so was the rest of the team.

Edit: wow the forum auto translates t rashford into just rashford

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No one blames him for the performance, everyone is digging into him for HIS performance, which was very bad. I'm sure if you visit either of the four other player threads there's not going to be many nice compliments in there either. It's not like posting in this thread excludes you from posting in others.

Rashford was trash, so was the rest of the team.

Edit: wow the forum auto translates t rashford into just rashford
As it should? Calling players shite nicknames is playground stuff. This isn’t the YouTube comments section

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

I've noticed a few post of yours, you have been always been defensive/supportive to Rashford no matter what, despite him being totally shite for nearly a year and a half. Hope you could apply the same level of patience/standard to other players whom you obviously hate (ie Pogba, Ronaldo etc)

Sylar

You've mentioned this a few times
Who has actually blamed today's performance on him?
You keep saying you lot. Who?

SoCross

We barely had the ball from the 70th minute onwards. Rashford couldn’t do anything.

Tyrion

Agreed. He seemed to be the only one who bothered to press at one point.

Devil’s Trident

If you are so blatantly going to be dishonest and side step the question and criticism raised about Rashford then just don’t bother posting in this thread at all because for the love of God, for the umpteenth time it’s been mentioned that nobody is blaming him for the result, everyone is talking about his own performance for which he and only he is duly responsible which was quite shambolic and shameful as he was least bothered to even put in an effort and for an academy lad that’s been here at this club all his life this derby should mean something and everything to him.

But it wasn’t the case as he was still jogging around when other players and team needed help. So that’s why everyone is criticising him. So for the last time for everything that is holy and pure and for my own fecking sanity, get this reason in your head and don’t mention again today’s performance is not him or you all are blaming him for no reason.

darko

With the price of gas at this moment, my car might run out of gas faster than
Marcus Rashford.

Did you see him around the 72nd minute? Hands on knees bent over and he was only on for 11 minutes at that point.

darko

If you are so blatantly going to be dishonest and side step the question and criticism raised about Rashford then just don’t bother posting in this thread at all because for the love of God, for the umpteenth time it’s been mentioned that nobody is blaming him for the result, everyone is talking about his own performance for which he and only he is duly responsible which was quite shambolic and shameful as he was least bothered to even put in an effort and for an academy lad that’s been here at this club all his life this derby should mean something and everything to him.

But it wasn’t the case as he was still jogging around when other players and team needed help. So that’s why everyone is criticising him. So for the last time for everything that is holy and pure and for my own fecking sanity, get this reason in your head and don’t mention again today’s performance is not him or you all are blaming him for no reason.
Certainly his effort was poor but also his decision making. He is the right forward with the ball on the left side . He should be pulling wide to open up some space. Instead, he moves into the cobntre and crowds out his teammate.
Little effort. Lack of intelligence.

stw2022

The suggestion his poor form has happened ‘suddenly’ is the biggest myth going. Presumably the insinuation is that if he’s only just started playing poorly then we should have faith as it won’t take long for him to turn things around.

He’s been on this trajectory for two years.

People are literally fantasising about imaginary personal problems to excuse his performances. Because he can’t just be shit?

Fit enough to make himself available, too injured/worried about personal issues to perform. He epitomises our decline more than anyone.

His charity work is direct from the David Beckham playbook of PR too. If he milked that any more kids will be eating udders. Nothing wrong with that but the number of for-profit ventures he’s launched clearly off the back of a single campaign that took place 18 months ago is impressive. He seems to have convinced most that his story of being someone who came from a modest family to become a footballer is unique. But that literally describes almost every player. It’s a working class game he’s not playing along side son’s of Etonians

Last edited:

Jackal981

I mean if you’ve come on in a Derby with about twenty mins left, it’s a good idea to probably just run and try a bit to make it look like you give a shit.

Anyway I’m sure a fantastically worded apology is currently being written for his Twitter account.
He probably delegate that shit to his PR team cause he is too lazy to write in on his own. Probably goes like this "Hey Greg, write apology template number 3 on my tweet and instagram"

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Just people who want to blame the players they want to sell on Football manager.

The game was dead and we as a team had no cohesion once Pogba came off.

Jackal981

Why is he suddenly not trying? There's something going on behind the scenes with him. He needs to be sold because this attitude of doing feck all everything he gets on the pitch is becoming tiresome
He got into his own hype. Now he struts the pitch like he is Billy Big Bollox. How dare you ask Sir Rashford to do dirty defensive work. Should be left to peasant and plebs

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There was a moment, a break, he got past the first City player and it was 2vs 3 or 4 but for no logical reason, Rashford ran with the ball wide and further from his teammate thus isolating himself. That bit of play had me scratching my head.
Compare that to what KDB did for that pass to Foden, he ran towards and released the ball at the right time. Something is fundamentally wrong with the way Rashford understands and plays football.
A player can make shit passes, shots and runs but you can still understand the decision making behind those moves, Rashford frequently does things that make little from a football perspective. Running into blind alleys against 2-3 defenders, shooting from ridiculous distances and angles.

The Constant Gardener

Can't keep holding on to players who let their heads drop, it's a recipe for disaster.

Maybe it's time for the axe to swing at United and a few on these underperforming, overpaid egos can move on.

yamo123x

Lost all belief in Rashford.

He has thrown in the towel. Fame has taken its toll. No more excuses....

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Forget about football for a bit.
I'm a bit worried about his mental health, he seems to just have that empty look in his eyes.

afatzp

If anyone from MUTV watching this thread, I am very interested to watch a episode of interview with Rashford and ask him straightly couple questions:

1. Why you sprint much less than when you were 3-4 years ago ?
  2. Why your dribble getting worse each year ?
  3. Did your off-field PR work affect your performance ?
  4. Your left foot did not improve slightly since you promoted to 1st team, how did you achieve that ?
  5. You seems not interested to participate the pressing since Rangnick came on board and introduced his ideas into the team . What is your thought behind it ?
  6. Do you believe you are a champion level player ? That would mean best among those players in the same position in the league. If not, what hinds you from getting there ? If yes, what stats make you believe that ?
The question list can go on and on. I just don't understand what happens to him . On the field he looks like a 2nd division player without any self-awareness. If ever he watches other top players' video, he would know he is thousand miles behind them and still he did not try to make up the gap with more running . What gives him the base of arrogance that he could be the central part of a title challenging team ?

Bole Top

not that long ago people use to call City's players mercenaries and mock them because they don't really "care about the club". now look at their players and then look at the attitude of some of our players, who actually "love and care about United". they literally couldn't care less.

EtH

Forget about football for a bit.
I'm a bit worried about his mental health, he seems to just have that empty look in his eyes.
Christ on a bike. He’s just entitled. And a shit footballer to boot. It’s that simple. Quit making excuses.

EtH

Not making excuses but it's worth discussing don't you think?
No offense but no. Grasping at straws. Ole stroked his already over-inflated ego and this is what we’re left with. A pace merchant who thinks he’s Ronaldo.

Telsim

Not making excuses but it's worth discussing don't you think?
No. If he has a problem, he should seek professional help. He is an adult and he can afford the best. If he is not willing, then his family should do it for him. And if it's not personal, but professional, then we just hired a sports psychologist.

To me, he just bought into his hype way too much, thanks to Ole's coddling, and thinks he just can't be arsed anymore. Either that, or he is burned out of football. I'd excuse bad form if I was seeing effort on the pitch, but I'm not. I'm seeing a 24-year-old play like a 35-year-old whose glory days are in the past and he is on his last contract. Maybe he could have turned out better under a ruthlessly demanding manager, but unfortunately for him he happened to grow under Ole.

I think a change of scenery will do him wonders. And for the club, too.

pascell

This right here is the typical attitude which has got us in this rut. Player performs inconsistently, development regresses and then gets dropped. Proceeds to moan to the press at the lack of game time and "considers his future" in an attempt to force the managers hand to play him. Instead of getting his head down, working his ass off and performing his way into managers plans when he gets minutes.

EtH

This right here is the typical attitude which has got us in this rut. Player performs inconsistently, development regresses and then gets dropped. Proceeds to moan to the press at the lack of game time and "considers his future" in an attempt to force the managers hand to play him. Instead of getting his head down, working his ass off and performing his way into managers plans when he gets minutes.
Despicable lot of players we’ve compiled.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
With his latest performances he would not even get on the bench for any top team.

Marcus, just start playing like you are kind of interested at least. Maybe that would be a first step.

Status
Not open for further replies.