4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trequarista10

Slows down attacks a lot, recieves the ball, stops it dead, stands still with his head up for a few seconds, makes a short largely pointless pass and makes a little run that is easily blocked off and causes no kind of threat. He doesn't have the technical skill/pass and move game to play that kind of style. What happened to the raw, pacey, direct Rashford? At least that Rashford was always a threat, and difficult for defenders to contain, even if his end product was hit and miss.

CloneMC16

He did track back a lot more today. Going forward, it wasn't great, but I'm glad to see a bit more effort. I think Ralf has got on to him over running into a bunch of defenders and losing the ball. He's pretty much stopped doing it. He just passes the ball back now.

jesperjaap

Alternative take on Rashford current situation.
At the moment Rashford is totally out of form, his level isn't good enough, but so is Ronaldo, Ronaldo is possibly worst, yet he gets to start every game playing 90 mins.
Could this be demoralizing Rashford, seeing as the club he has given everything to would prefer 37 year old past it Ronaldo over him, is there any sporting benefit to persist with Ronaldo who is even more likely to walk away before Rashford and has less to offer medium to long term.
Should have waited a bit before typing ;) Even before tonight, what has Rashford doen more than Ronaldo this season, in fact more than any attackign player?

Kag

He’s a huffy little bastard, isn’t he?

If most of our other attackers weren’t so desperate to leave I’d be giving him the boot as soon as summer comes. Alas, we probably need him. For now, at least.

BerryBerryShrew

He did track back a lot more today. Going forward, it wasn't great, but I'm glad to see a bit more effort. I think Ralf has got on to him over running into a bunch of defenders and losing the ball. He's pretty much stopped doing it. He just passes the ball back now.
Convert him to right back like we did with Valencia?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Clearly out of form, but he put in a shift. I don't want to praise him for it, it should be the standard.

dave2528

The most spirited he's played in a long while.

Just a shame that he seems to have completely lost the plot offensively and that's what we pay him for.

tjb

Slows down attacks a lot, recieves the ball, stops it dead, stands still with his head up for a few seconds, makes a short largely pointless pass and makes a little run that is easily blocked off and causes no kind of threat. He doesn't have the technical skill/pass and move game to play that kind of style. What happened to the raw, pacey, direct Rashford? At least that Rashford was always a threat, and difficult for defenders to contain, even if his end product was hit and miss.
He's not a winger anymore and his pace dropping slightly has exposed the lack of flair he has for that role. He still has a quick burst, but I don't think he has the ability to do it for long spurts or the flair to consistently beat a man over a longer distance. As a striker, his movement would still be valuable, he still can shoot and will be more central. I don't think we can consider him a "forward" anymore. He either works as a 9 or nothing else. I'd give him a shot in that role, but would also buy another striker for competition purposes. The money gotten from selling Martial should be used for that.

L1nk

Still kept letting his man go at times. Just fail to see what he's bringing at the moment

thepolice123

Lacks close control and dribbling to play in tight spaces. Belted every cross in like he was shooting.

SoCross

A better game from him from a defensive standpoint but he contributed very little as an attacker.

Actually looked like he was trying tonight but still, on a night where Maguire put the ball in his own net, managed to be our worst player. Without pace and space to run into he's just not very good. I think he's on his penultimate season here now.

Most notable thing he did all night was tackle Sancho.

CallyRed

Atleast he ran about a bit more

fecking tragic that has to be a compliment for a professional.

jesperjaap

Dont know if its injuries or lack of confidence but he doesnt even seem to be able to run at or past players recently. If he has genuinely lost a yard of pace at this point in his career though from the back problems, he is in serious trouble career wise.

I have always found him to be over rated though his early months and other periods have been enjoyable, but I really think we should be lookign to sell him this summer whilst his stock transfer value wise is probably still high.

For the owners shouldnt let another valuable asset end up leaving free, for the wage structure he currently never deserves a new contract either. We should be learning from the curret players like Pogba and Lingard who will be leaving for nothing this summer when we could have sold them a couple of years ago and they have done pretty much nothing since whislt here anyway

united for life

He’s not there mentally. Forget tactics, skills and fitness. He is struggling mentally. He seems like someone lacking confidence. He knows he hasn’t been at his best (far off actually) and he just seems to continue struggling. His facial expression when he got subbed indicated that he knew he flopped yet again and that he deserves to be subbed. He isn’t able to get over it

RedIan

Thought he was bloody awful again. Zero confidence in the lad. Anonymous in the first half. 2nd half last 10 minutes when he switched left he just looked like he had given up.. stood about watching, maybe he was injured.

TheMitz

Had spells in the game where he put the effort in. Still saw sometimes when he didn't bother tracking back.

Still looks as though this level of football is too much for him.

Trequarista10

He's not a winger anymore and his pace dropping slightly has exposed the lack of flair he has for that role. He still has a quick burst, but I don't think he has the ability to do it for long spurts or the flair to consistently beat a man over a longer distance. As a striker, his movement would still be valuable, he still can shoot and will be more central. I don't think we can consider him a "forward" anymore. He either works as a 9 or nothing else. I'd give him a shot in that role, but would also buy another striker for competition purposes. The money gotten from selling Martial should be used for that.
I largely agree but I think there's a psychological element too. Something's off. He doesn't try things, he gives up, he plays it safe, hides, doesn't play for the team. I'm not sure about him as a CF either. His biggest asset in any position was running in behind or running off defenders and that's gone. He's never really shown goal poacher instincts, nor is he good at holding up thr ball, nor is he currently showing much willingness to press. 37 year old Ronaldo was tracking back today more than I've seen from Rashford in a long time. There was a moment a few games ago, Sancho was through and rather than pass to Rashford he shot. Rashford threw his arms up in the air and stood still. The shot was either saved or hit the post and rebounded a few yards from Rashford. He didn't even move for the ball. Bruno was more than twice the distance away and sprinted for it, getting a shot that was just blocked. If Rashford has shown the same attitude as Bruno we would likely have scored. It's just one example of many that makes me think Rashford's head has gone. His heart isn't in it for whatever reason.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He doesn't actually know how to kick the ball more than 10 yards without absolutely twatting it, does he?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think its time to move on if he wants insane money. I just dont know where will he fit. He cant lead the line and is struggling on the wings.

But he was decent in first half and worked hard. I just hope he finds a role in which he is comfortable

C'est Moi Cantona

Think he has been told to keep it very simple and not try anything flash, which he did, and so offered next to nothing, but it was still better than what he's done recently.

tjb

I largely agree but I think there's a psychological element too. Something's off. He doesn't try things, he gives up, he plays it safe, hides, doesn't play for the team. I'm not sure about him as a CF either. His biggest asset in any position was running in behind or running off defenders and that's gone. He's never really shown goal poacher instincts, nor is he good at holding up thr ball, nor is he currently showing much willingness to press. 37 year old Ronaldo was tracking back today more than I've seen from Rashford in a long time. There was a moment a few games ago, Sancho was through and rather than pass to Rashford he shot. Rashford threw his arms up in the air and stood still. The shot was either saved or hit the post and rebounded a few yards from Rashford. He didn't even move for the ball. Bruno was more than twice the distance away and sprinted for it, getting a shot that was just blocked. If Rashford has shown the same attitude as Bruno we would likely have scored. It's just one example of many that makes me think Rashford's head has gone. His heart isn't in it for whatever reason.
I still think he has that off the ball movement. It's how he's gotten his goals this season, but I don't think the distance runs that he used to do off the ball in the past are there at the moment. We can use him as a 9 partly because we have Bruno. Bruno would compliment him perfectly with the right ball and consistent opportunities to chase them closer to goal. Additionally, his ability get forward, would allow Rashford the freedom to move into channels at times. To support this, we would need to finally fix our midfield. We can't keep allowing our team lose control of games due to this.

I think we should still give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of a chance to get into form in that position, but after next season, we should sell if he keeps performing like this. We should sign a striker that will directly compete with him. Not an older/younger player, but one in his prime. That way we guarantee that even if he proves not to be the player we hoped he would be, we wouldn't suffer for it. Sancho has already taken the left wing, the right is up for grabs for the younger players ( Elanga/Amad/Pellestri/Whoever). Fernandes is also there too. Fernandes and Sancho can carry our attack through the experiment.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
A number 9? Really?
Has he ever scored, or even challenged, for a header at goal?
And one of the main problems I remember with him when he was played up front before was not getting into the six yard box.

So two of those goals that were scored today wouldn't even have been chances if Rashford was leading the line

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Hit the nail on the head here! I think it’s a complete lack of confidence tbh. I think a loan would do him the world of good! Still a decent player in there, at least better than we’ve been seeing anyway

Chief123

Wtf has happened to this guy. Absolutely anonymous attacking wise. Body language was awful again. So many instances where he made no effort to get back. Didnt show the energy of someone who actually gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.