Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Actually decent. To the point where Elanga saw his starting spot in jeopardy, so did his upmost to many sure he didn't score

Deery

Dreary
His time’s up here isn’t it? Doesn’t look like a quick fix solution here, just pitiful really.

OmarUnited4ever

no desire no vigor, the only attacker on the bench and came on to basically be a body and nothing else

Jackal981

Cant understand why Ragnick keep shoehorning him into central position. He was never a striker or a centre forward

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not basing this just on this game, but I genuinely think a move away will do him a world of good. Maybe someone like ETH can help him back into form but the pressure here on and off the pitch is huge, sometimes a change is needed.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Actually a bit better today. The problem is he is supposed to be one of our main weapons and is nowhere near.

Walters_19_MuFc

Through no fault of his own, he struggled to get into the game when he came on. After we scored, Leicester dominated the following 10-15 mins of the game. However, I felt we Rashford got the ball, he looked sharper. Pass it quicker, was more incisive when he got it and had it not been for the confusion at the end with Elanga getting in his way, he could have topped off a decent cameo with, what would have been a fantastic goal.

It's tiny steps, but when a player is low on confidence, little performances where most things go right is a step in the direction. Still obviously a long way off, but as I said, little steps.

Frank White

Will be the same usual lot blaming him for the team being shite but overall can't remember him doing much wrong, didn't do anything right though but Elanga kinda made sure of that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People criticizing him today makes it clear they have an agenda imo :lol:
He probably would've won the game if Elanga didn't tackle him ffs.

caid

It was an improvement. Far from ideal but a step in the right direction at least.

MUFC OK

The best he’s played in a long while. Doesn’t mean he was particularly good, absolute brain fart from elanga cost him a good goal.

hobbers

40 minutes of not touching the ball. Almost bumbled his way into a shooting opportunity at the end. Truly a revolution.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Your standards are terribly low if you think he was good today.
I'm not sure that's what he said, but I think standards are low in the team at the moment, in fact we look nothing like a team, despite none of our players having nightmare games, all were, in my opinion, decent, but those players collectively do not make even a decent team.
Rashford was no better or worse than any other United player, apart from Fred, who was my motm, but the one time he did something really well, Elanga took the ball off his toe, he could have won the match, so if he had, I wonder what scores he would have got?

Deery

Dreary
I'm not sure that's what he said, but I think standards are low in the team at the moment, in fact we look nothing like a team, despite none of our players having nightmare games, all were, in my opinion, decent, but those players collectively do not make even a decent team.
Rashford was no better or worse than any other United player, apart from Fred, who was my motm, but the one time he did something really well, Elanga took the ball off his toe, he could have won the match, so if he had, I wonder what scores he would have got?
He came on as a sub to make an impact for 40 minutes and did very little, never had a shot or shot on target I think, whilst playing as a striker. If that’s the best we can get out of him it’s not a lot really.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think he needs to move on. Its not working and this off the field romanticism is not going to carry his football anymore. He has already lost his place in first team and shows no desire to win it back.

Maybe a change of environment will help him regain his form.

ti vu

Not basing this just on this game, but I genuinely think a move away will do him a world of good. Maybe someone like ETH can help him back into form but the pressure here on and off the pitch is huge, sometimes a change is needed.
While I am kind of giving up on him, I don't think he's harshly pushed under pressure. He and his circle are the ones brought all the unnecessary attention onto himself. This circus would mess himself up wherever he goes.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Through no fault of his own, he struggled to get into the game when he came on. After we scored, Leicester dominated the following 10-15 mins of the game. However, I felt we Rashford got the ball, he looked sharper. Pass it quicker, was more incisive when he got it and had it not been for the confusion at the end with Elanga getting in his way, he could have topped off a decent cameo with, what would have been a fantastic goal.

It's tiny steps, but when a player is low on confidence, little performances where most things go right is a step in the direction. Still obviously a long way off, but as I said, little steps.
Yeah, this.

Rashford was unfortunate that his arrival coincided with Pogba replacing McT and Leicester immediately dominating the ball until Matic came on. During that 15-20 minute spell every single one of our attackers was anonymous because they weren’t getting a sniff of the ball. When we finally sorted out midfield Rashford actually played ok. He did very well in the build up to being tackled by Elanga. Such a shame. Could have been an absolutely massive goal for him and the club.

AndySmith1990

Terrible player. If we had any sense we'd sell, but instead he'll get a big pay rise and he'll be stinking the place out until he's 30 and has no value

Oranges038

Another nothing performance, does nothing to try and prove a point, doesn't even bother to compete for a header.

Unlucky that Elanga got in his way, he might have bagged the winner and got some confidence back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That’s what apologists have now, would haves, could haves?
More so just having some sense and not criticizing a player for no reason? What exactly are people criticizing? He didn't run into cul de sacs, didn't play shit passes, didn't overhit crosses, didn't fail with his dribbles, wasn't incessantly offside, wasn't being annoyingly lazy... He was literally fine. Took 15 minutes for Ralf to bring Matic on and United regain some control since Pogba can't actually play CM, but he was fine in every action. I'm not saying he was special. I'm calling out people for essentially shitting on him for sitting on the bench and shitting on him for 0 reason.

UncleBob

Got on the ball 13 times, 9 passes. Pretty much invisible for the 40 mins he was on, until he got tackled by Elanga when he could’ve scored, which was so stupid it was actually funny.

Neither this nor that, so i have no idea how any of it was an improvement (or a disaster, for that matter)

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Love him. Gutted it hasn't worked out. But move him on with a buy back clause.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Cant understand why Ragnick keep shoehorning him into central position. He was never a striker or a centre forward
But he was, when he first came up he looked natural in that position. He knew the places to be had a natural instinct for when to shoot when to pass. Then he has spent 5 years playing on the wing without any great coaching and he just looks utterly lost wherever he plays, he either passes to quickly or holds onto the ball far to long, he doesn't know where to position himself. Its like he has lost all the footballing instincts he had when he first came up.

Rashford story should be a cautionary tale for any club who gets a young striker breaking into the first team then decides to play them on the wing. Yes it will occasionally come good (RVP) but more often then not they will go the way of players like Rashford, Martial walcott..... Just play them up front, good strikers are so rare and far between these days its worth the risk!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.