4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

Injuries have ruined him. It's just sad to watch him play now, I feel like he's waiting for the club to put him out of his misery and ship him off to Everton.

Nero

5 goals for the season is tragic.

Unless he scores 3 more goals in the next 5 games he'll have is worst season tally for United.

Wayne's World

Absolute disgrace, get rid of this imposter.

Plays like someone who thinks the club owes him something, he wouldn't look out of place at Swindon Town

The reset needs to start and needs with getting him and Maguire out of the club

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What a great decision that was to delay the operation, play injured for majority of the season(and not just that, but play almost every game), only to sit out the World Cup.

The fact that Ole and club allowed it was criminal, and I remember few here actually defending it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
What a great decision that was to delay the operation, play injured for majority of the season(and not just that, but play almost every game), only to sit out the World Cup.

The fact that Ole and club allowed it was criminal, and I remember few here actually defending it.
Ole got more out of him than anyone else did, you can criticize the man management required to do it but he has never been as confident since then.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Glad the rest of you eventually caught up
I don’t think it’s much of a ‘I told you so’ moment.

He was a good player but injuries and other issues have impacted him massively. If it’s the injuries he’s likely never going to be the same again. We’d do well to get some returns for him with a buy back clause in case he returns to a quality player.

yamo123x

I see mixed feelings on Rashford, some say he is low on confidence and unhappy/mental health issues , others say he is a fraud and living off his name and not his football.

Bottom line this guy earns 250k a week, he is in a massively privileged position , he is a manc....ive supported him when he was in youth team long before his debut but ive seen a young player come through and throw his heart and soul into his football, chasing lost causes producing moments of magic....he was happy to be part of it, he was humble and likeable....fast forward to today we have Marcus Rashford mbe the brand, a guy who looks and acts like he is untouchable with a huge chip on his shoulder, stinking the place out and largely unlikable.

Thats fame for you.

Telsim

This fraud is getting paid as much as Salah and Kane! Absolute embarrassment! If he isn't shipped this summer then it's obvious this club has no intention of changing how it operates. He will become unsaleable next season and walk for free. Again. Or God forbid he gets a new contract. The thought makes me shiver.

crossy1686

career ending
I like to think Rashford has some tiny amount of credit in the bank after carrying us alongside Bruno for a season and a bit but I'd still gladly accept a good offer at this point.

RuudTom83

We can only hope that once the trio of Pogba-Lingard-Rashford is broken up, he wont be distracting by any dabbing or beanz and can get back to some sort of form. He wont be sold and who would want him after this campaign.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ole got more out of him than anyone else did, you can criticize the man management required to do it but he has never been as confident since then.
He was really poor in his last 6 months pre world cup too. Ole completely changed him as a player and he didn't improve at all under him, he stopped doing half pressing as he used to do under managers before, he was his golden boy

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He was really poor in his last 6 months pre world cup too. Ole completely changed him as a player and he didn't improve at all under him, he stopped doing half pressing as he used to do under managers before, he was his golden boy
He finished top 10 in the league in terms of goals + assists in his 2 full seasons with Solskjær, if that is not improvement, I miss the criteria for improvement.

clarkydaz

I see mixed feelings on Rashford, some say he is low on confidence and unhappy/mental health issues , others say he is a fraud and living off his name and not his football.

Bottom line this guy earns 250k a week, he is in a massively privileged position , he is a manc....ive supported him when he was in youth team long before his debut but ive seen a young player come through and throw his heart and soul into his football, chasing lost causes producing moments of magic....he was happy to be part of it, he was humble and likeable....fast forward to today we have Marcus Rashford mbe the brand, a guy who looks and acts like he is untouchable with a huge chip on his shoulder, stinking the place out and largely unlikable.

Thats fame for you.
The players and board have become one. This is what they have nurtured

Apokalips

We can only hope that once the trio of Pogba-Lingard-Rashford is broken up, he wont be distracting by any dabbing or beanz and can get back to some sort of form. He wont be sold and who would want him after this campaign.
Such nonsense. Now it is Pogba and Lingard's fault for "distracting" him?

Fans talking about "dabbing" with his mates being a massive detriment to player performance and all this other nonsense is just so ignorant to be honest. Funny how none of the shite Lewandowski gets up to on TikTok is detrimental or derided so constantly.

RuudTom83

Such nonsense. Now it is Pogba and Lingard's fault for "distracting" him?

Fans talking about "dabbing" with his mates being a massive detriment to player performance and all this other nonsense is just so ignorant to be honest. Funny how none of the shite Lewandowski gets up to on TikTok is detrimental or derided so constantly.
Whoosh!

Lighten up Apokalips...just a bit of banter.

diarm

No twitter essay today I notice. Perhaps his brand management board have finally cottoned on.

el3mel

No twitter essay today I notice. Perhaps his brand management board have finally cottoned on.
Maybe he'll wait for the next 2 losses against Arsenal and Chelsea to write one big assay about all of them, rather than writing one for every match. Makes sense.

edcunited1878

The less said, the better. No need to wait on him to shape up, just ship him out and move on. Hopefully he finds joy again in club football because he's making it a chore. Wearing the 10 shirt, making loads of money, and the club believed in him to be a key figure (right or wrong), and he's not been fighting for the club, fans, nor his teammates for two years now.

Injuries are not a concern. His mentality is completely shot and he needs time away. If he comes close to the England WC squad, you know damn well Southgate and The FA are doing it for his status within England as an MBE rather than the football player.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Had nothing to do with man management, the Rashford under Ole was pre-back injury. After the injury he was terrible for Ole just like he's been terrible for Ralf, and now just walks around the pitch not giving a feck.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I'm sure at one stage he was quite good, or did I just imagine it?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Injuries have ruined him. It's just sad to watch him play now, I feel like he's waiting for the club to put him out of his misery and ship him off to Everton.
How have injuries ruined him? It's not like he can't even run at full speed anymore like Owen

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Does anyone still think he should get a contract renewal ? I think it would be another disastrous move if we do tha5.

Valencia Shin Crosses

How have injuries ruined him? It's not like he can't even run at full speed anymore like Owen
He's not quite as fast on the top end but still quick with a head of steam, but the back injury no doubt cost him the explosiveness in short bursts that allowed him to dribble by players. He was never technically great, but could still beat his man because of the explosiveness that he now lacks.

Basically it sapped him of his main advantage, and now all of his weaknesses are getting exposed when he has to fall back on other ways to help his side. Not to mention he's a lazy sack of shite these days which I think makes everyone here completely fed up with him.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's not quite as fast on the top end but still quick with a head of steam, but the back injury no doubt cost him the explosiveness in short bursts that allowed him to dribble by players. He was never technically great, but could still beat his man because of the explosiveness that he now lacks.

Basically it sapped him of his main advantage, and now all of his weaknesses are getting exposed when he has to fall back on other ways to help his side. Not to mention he's a lazy sack of shite these days which I think makes everyone here completely fed up with him.
He looked pretty fast going 1v1 against Trent-Alexander. His decision making and dribbling skills let him down

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looked pretty fast going 1v1 against Trent-Alexander. His decision making and dribbling skills let him down
Yep.

Rashfords issue is not athleticism but football intelligence, technical quality and these days also drive/mentality.

Idxomer

He has actually been putting more effort lately, his pressing numbers have increased significantly.

He just lacks any quality on the ball right now.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ole got the most out of his potential before Rashford got injured. Whatever is ailing Marcus right now its his confidence more than anything.

He plays in a dysfunctional team and makes a lot of very bad decisions on the ball himself, all in all that makes it incredibly hard for him to regain any gamebreaker form as he had in 19/20 in particular.

As with many players on this team, its all about doing whatever they can to save anything from the season, and take a proper vacation without cellphones.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was overrated .. but he scored goals .. and right now he cannot even control a ball.
What is the manager doing to bring his confidence up..
How come he was playing good under Ole and all of a sudden he is bad now ..
Rashford's been poor for the last two seasons. He managed to still get a decent amount of goals and assists last season, but his general performances were barely any better than what we're seeing now. And he was just as bad in the first part of this season with Ole than what he has been with Ralf; the only difference is that Ralf has actually responded to that by dropping him to the bench.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His piques were never that high. Early warning sign for me was how quickly those defending him had to resort to pretty obscure stat-padding to make their case.

Can’t be poor, 12% higher goal opportunities than average for a player outside of the top two in the months of October and February. Therefore anyone who disagrees this lad will be a worldie hates Sir Matt Busby…. Was pretty much how it went for the longest time with Rashford
I would say his absolute peak was getting up there, it's just that it only lasted for the two or three months directly before the back injury.

Before that he'd always been an inconsistent kid with potential who tended to play well and score against the top teams. Then in 19/20 it looked like it was all coming together. Ripping the opposition apart and carrying our attack for a while, it genuinely looked like he was on the verge of stepping up to the world class level. It was almost like a lesser version of what Cristiano did in 06/07 where it all just clicked together. Then, the back injury, and he's never been remotely the same since.

Many of us were worried when we continued playing him when it was obvious that he was struggling with a back injury. They aren't the type of injury that you mess around with, and there was a worry that we might be risking the long-term for a short-term benefit. Whether that is actually what has happened is something we might never know. It might be the back injury still physically effecting him. Maybe it's mentally effecting him. Perhaps during his time off he lost some of his hunger and drive. Or maybe this would have happened anyway. Nobody can really say for sure.

Last edited:

Marwood

He covered enough yards last night but the aggression and required nastiness has gone. You can't play CF and be that nice and quiet. He treated van Dyke like he would the Queen.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He should be booed like pogba so that he also gets the message to feck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.