4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Hasn‘t Gary Neville pretty much said he‘s one of them when he said it was someone with a considerable PR team who was doing it? Because I only know one player from our squad who would have an actual PR team with all of their off-field ventures.

All the leaks are English lads for sure. The foreign guys stick to their own journalists and are probably warned about something getting mistranslated if they spoke to the English press.

-Supreme-

This was the moment I went from - despite his goals he’s majorly holding the team back clearly walking around with a shitty attitude. The manager is ruining the team making this guy the main man and it’ll all totally backfire before the end of the season

to this guy is probably the most major problem in the team. He’s a twat whose management team came up with some PR genius and now despite any evidence to the contrary he can still do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

He looks finished as a hungry top level footballer and has done since the post lockdown run.
Yep and Ole also gave him the licence to shoot from impossible distance and angles from all our FKs, that was incredibly annoying.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes going to prove a lot of people wrong next season in my opinion. He has suffered from poor coaching, lack of confidence and playing through injuries. His confidence is shot but I genuinely think he can be a top player if he fixes his decision making. Something that will come in my opinion working with a proper coach like Ten Hag

Frank White

Of course not. Nobody here ever speculates about anything unless confirmed by the club in a statement or the player rings us up to personally confirm it.

I’m sure you never do
Apparently he has been named personally about the leaks so maybe it is him, never seen anything about it before so was surprised when he's been labelled a toxic person.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's funny reading all the bile for Lingard and Rashford, when usually people are full of all this talk of how important local lads are!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hes going to prove a lot of people wrong next season in my opinion. He has suffered from poor coaching, lack of confidence and playing through injuries. His confidence is shot but I genuinely think he can be a top player if he fixes his decision making. Something that will come in my opinion working with a proper coach like Ten Hag
The only people he’s proved wrong in a long time are the people who backed him and his lacklustre contributions despite the stats. Stats that have totally dropped off which stands to reason if you don’t even do the basics well which he hasn’t in a long long time

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Isnt that people are pointing out that his form has nothing to do with injuries. His football intelligence is not good. Even at his best he was just good ( impressive if you consider his age) and never world class. Too much shenanigans for a player who can be easily replaced and i would argue if we get Antony for right side, he has no place in first team. Giving him improved contract would be massive risk and a potential blunder
His form is poor at the moment, very similar to Martial, so why would that be? To me there is something going on behind the scenes that is affecting these skillful attacking players, but what that might be I have no idea. Don't tell me that Rashford isn't skillful, he had an ability to beat a player or two, and his shooting was generally pretty good, where he lacked was the ability to spot a player in a better position than himself, and deliver the ball to that player.
So we bring in Antony on the right wing, for quite a few million, what guarantees are there that he will be a success? None, same with any player or manager that comes into the club, but we could stick with Rashford, and see if his desire/ability/workrate improves under Ten Hag next season, and if not then it's probably time to say bye bye.

Cassidy

The only people he’s proved wrong in a long time are the people who backed him and his lacklustre contributions despite the stats. Stats that have totally dropped off which stands to reason if you don’t even do the basics well.
Im not talking about stats. Im saying that his issues can be fixed by a proper coach which Ten Hag is. Under LVG he was more of a footballer than he is now and thats down to poor coaching

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
He’s in the last chance saloon with Ten Hag coming in, ideally he’d be shipped out but with so many outgoings already he’ll probably stick around at least for next season. His attitude stinks and his lack of effort and giving a shit is quite frankly disrespectful to the club and fans - supposedly a club he loves and supports. He’s had so much smoke blown up his arse it seems he genuinely feels he’s too good to endure being dropped or criticised.

With a more progressive manager coming in with fresh ideas and a no nonsense approach I really hope Rashford can find that spark but I think Ten Hag won’t fancy him and move him on.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Im not talking about stats. Im saying that his issues can be fixed by a proper coach which Ten Hag is. Under LVG he was more of a footballer than he is now and thats down to poor coaching
i hope you’re right as it’ll save us a fortune but I fail to see how he magically just starts running and becoming this aggressive hard working player under a brand new relatively unproven manager. He’s just going to walk around until his contract is up or he’s pushed out. His clique is being broken up. Lingard and Pogba going. Maybe he’ll follow them to Newcastle or somewhere but on current form I don’t see any team matching his current wages let alone improving them and paying a fee. Same deal with Pogba and Martial. It’s the law of diminishing returns. They’ve reached peak value and bottomed out.

Cassidy

i hope you’re right as it’ll save us a fortune but I fail to see how he magically just starts running and becoming this aggressive hard working player under a brand new relatively unproven manager. He’s just going to walk around until his contract is up or he’s pushed out. His clique is being broken up. Lingard and Pogba going. Maybe he’ll follow them to Newcastle or somewhere but on current form I don’t see any team matching his current wages let alone improving them and paying a fee. Same deal with Pogba and Martial. It’s the law of diminishing returns. They’ve reached peak value and bottomed out.
He was aggressive and ran under previous managers.

edcunited1878

Poor coaching isn't the same as following directions. Why does Elanga start over him? Because Elanga works harder off the ball (effort, commitment) and follows directions that are asked of him for the benefit of the team. Same for Sancho.

And what injuries has he played through this year? Nothing has been documented to serve as a lingering injury.

Cassidy

Poor coaching isn't the same as following directions. Why does Elanga start over him? Because Elanga works harder off the ball (effort, commitment) and follows directions that are asked of him for the benefit of the team. Same for Sancho.

And what injuries has he played through this year? Nothing has been documented to serve as a lingering injury.
Elanga is fresh and wide eyed.

stw2022

I admire the optimism of some people but thinking the guy who’s half-arsed the last 12 months and thinks he doesn’t even have to bother to work hard is the horse to back to turn our fortunes around by itself is enough to have Fergie and Keane dig a grave for themselves just to turn over in

Is that the ‘United spirit’? A player who’ll work hard if he can be arsed and likes the manager

edcunited1878

Elanga is fresh and wide eyed.
A fresh and wide eyed academy graduate who is wearing braces is outperforming, out running, and doing many more things correctly than the former academy graduate who also worn braces has been a senior player for 5+ years, wears the 10 shirt, and is paid 200K per week.

And sad thing is, Elanga isn't exactly doing anything outstanding. It's fine. Marcus hasn't the fight or pride or accountability to push for a starting position when Greenwood, Cavani, and Martial have been out for most of the season.

This situation is a problem. And it has been the overriding problem for Marcus this year. His attitude and effort is unacceptable. And him coming out about not getting enough match time was quickly put down by Rangnick.

Cassidy

A fresh and wide eyed academy graduate who is wearing braces is outperforming, out running, and doing many more things correctly than the former academy graduate who also worn braces has been a senior player for 5+ years, wears the 10 shirt, and is paid 200K per week.

And sad thing is, Elanga isn't exactly doing anything outstanding. It's fine. Marcus hasn't the fight or pride or accountability to push for a starting position when Greenwood, Cavani, and Martial have been out for most of the season.

This situation is a problem. And it has been the overriding problem for Marcus this year. His attitude and effort is unacceptable. And him coming out about not getting enough match time was quickly put down by Rangnick.
Im not in disagreement. But that does not mean under a new coach who can elevate him he can’t regain form and get back on track.

He had 4 managers all asking him to do different things and struggled for fitness. You can’t compare that with someone who is fresh and has none of the mental baggage.

Hes having a stinking 18 months, but in my opinion a top coach can bring him back

edcunited1878

Im not in disagreement. But that does not mean under a new coach who can elevate him he can’t regain form and get back on track.

He had 4 managers all asking him to do different things and struggled for fitness. You can’t compare that with someone who is fresh and has none of the mental baggage.

Hes having a stinking 18 months, but in my opinion a top coach can bring him back
It isn't just about a coach who is top or not, but just listening to instructions and playing for your teammates. Plus showing the fight and effort, which takes zero talent to do.

Marcus has also not held himself accountable and there is a huge air of entitlement that he has.

Marcus is in last chance saloon. He doesn't deserve a new contract right now and it doesn't deserve to be higher than his current contract.

Marcus just needs to fight for the club and put in max effort to start with. And if he can't prepare himself to be part of a squad that will have 5 subs in the PL next season with a WC mid-season, then he's hopeless.

Cassidy

It isn't just about a coach who is top or not, but just listening to instructions and playing for your teammates. Plus showing the fight and effort, which takes zero talent to do.

Marcus has also not held himself accountable and there is a huge air of entitlement that he has.

Marcus is in last chance saloon. He doesn't deserve a new contract right now and it doesn't deserve to be higher than his current contract.

Marcus just needs to fight for the club and put in max effort to start with. And if he can't prepare himself to be part of a squad that will have 5 subs in the PL next season with a WC mid-season, then he's hopeless.
I’ll not respond again but phycology has alot to do with it and a top coach gets the best out of their players.

Marcus has fought for the club previously. We don’t need to act like he hasn’t. So he can do again.

Of course he has to hold himself accountable. So do the club.

Players need the club to also fight for them, the issues at the club will have an effect on the squad and the longer you are in it the less you will want to bust a gut. We have seen this with a lot of players over the past 5/6 years

Players have opening come out and said thing like we need better coaching, we need better players etc.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He's nearly a mature player. What makes you think his decision making will improve?

He'll never be a top player IMO.
He's not shown it yet so I've no reason to believe he can be a top player.

He can improve from where he is that's for sure

Cassidy

He's nearly a mature player. What makes you think his decision making will improve?

He'll never be a top player IMO.
He's not shown it yet so I've no reason to believe he can be a top player.

He can improve from where he is that's for sure
First time working with a proper coach who will put in place attacking patterns of play. Alot of fans question players decision making, top coaches take away a-lot of the choices

Greck

Come on. Work ethic isn't like the weather. If he has started looking for short cuts the best you're looking is a couple months energy spike before going back to being lazy. Even Martial ran in his first couple months at the club. New manager bounce may help a couple games but the effects are rarely permanent.

I didn't even mean to jump in because for me Rashford's biggest problem isn't even running, it's his creche level decisionmaking. Praying for ETH to teach him is just praying. His football is 100% passing moves and Rashford is especially weak at picking passes. This is the stuff you teach in the academy and ETH now has to teach him how to spot runners. As with Rangnick he will get here and persist for a bit before the pressure to pick up results starts forcing his hand to pick the players fit for purpose.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
First time working with a proper coach who will put in place attacking patterns of play. Alot of fans question players decision making, top coaches take away a-lot of the choices
Well hopefully ETH can salvage something

Cassidy

Come on. Work ethic isn't like the weather. If he has started looking for short cuts the best you're looking is a couple months energy spike before going back to being lazy. Even Martial ran in his first couple months at the club. New manager bounce may help a couple games but the effects are rarely permanent.

I didn't even mean to jump in because for me Rashford's biggest problem isn't even running, it's his creche level decisionmaking. Praying for ETH to teach him is just praying. His football is 100% passing moves and Rashford is especially weak at picking passes. This is the stuff you teach in the academy and ETH now has to teach him how to spot runners. As with Rangnick he will get here and persist for a bit before the pressure to pick up results starts forcing his hand to pick the players fit for purpose.
Its obvious you have never had to manage anyone in life who has previously been managed by a poor manager

Greck

Its obvious you have never had to manage anyone in life who has previously been managed by a poor manager
Great, now I'm getting thrown under the bus for Rashford not knowing how to spot a pass. Think you might be mistaking management with transmutation. When talking systems the player has to be compatible for improvement in the first place. Rashford has Walcott level decision making, this kind of player is a long shot to succeed under possession managers. There were even a number of decent players Pep didn't favour at City. System managers will improve certain players but it might not be the one you like. Let's also not muddle up why some of our players are failing. Elanga who has a fraction of his talent isn't passing into defenders' legs. Nor are Ronaldo, Sancho or every other frequent starter.

Cassidy

Great, now I'm getting thrown under the bus for Rashford not knowing how to spot a pass. Think you might be mistaking management with transmutation. When talking systems the player has to be compatible for improvement in the first place. There were a number of decent players Pep didn't favour at City. System managers will improve certain players but it might not be the one you like. Rashford has Walcott level decision making, this kind of player is a long shot to succeed under possession managers. Let's also not muddle up why some of our players are failing. Elanga who has a fraction of his talent isn't passing into defenders' legs. Nor are Ronaldo, Sancho or every other frequent starter.
No you’re being thrown under the bus for not understanding someone can be turned around

Greck

No you’re being thrown under the bus for not understanding someone can be turned around
More like for telling you football IQ is more complicated than new manager. More complex system is half as likely to expose him worse. Let's not get it twisted ETH's football isn't some clean slate if you've failed in Ralf's

Cassidy

More like for telling you football IQ is more complicated than new manager.
Yes because that is what I said right…

Young players develop good football IQ from good coaching. United havent had that, which player that has been at United over the past 5 years displays good football IQ?

Fact is this is the first time since LVG he will work woth a coach that can develop his game mentally.

Does not mean it will work out, but to act like it cannot its plain silly

Quite alot of players will shock fans in the next 2 years at United

clarkydaz

More like for telling you football IQ is more complicated than new manager. More complex system is half as likely to expose him worse. Let's not get it twisted ETH's football isn't some clean slate if you've failed in Ralf's
this is what i assume aswell

The-Natural

If after 300 top flight games you still need coached from scratch in how to do basic combinations with your teammates then there really isn't much hope.

RiqCantona

Apparently he has been named personally about the leaks so maybe it is him, never seen anything about it before so was surprised when he's been labelled a toxic person.
Its been around twitter for some time.
1. He disagreed with Ragnick
2. He wanted out soon after.
3. He's been mentioned as one of the leaks since December/January. Him and Lingard primarily.

Not to mention his lack of form and intent this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.