4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverRed1

How can you go from loving a player to disliking them like this? Don’t think Iv ever felt such a drop off towards a player. They need to cash in on him while they can.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He really doesn't take the piss and he's a Utd fan like us.

People need to grow up and realise this PR stuff is all fake and just part of living in 2022 I'm afraid. I don't like it either but it's the social media age. He probably doesn't even post most of it himself either.

Rashford under a top coach would be playing so much better than this.
it’s amazing how hard you go on pogba, but are completely the opposite with rashford who arguably puts in even less effort?! you can’t be so hypocritical

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Are you really tying yourself in a knot for a guy that quite plainly and obviously just isn't putting a shift in? :lol:
Why are you acting like you all know what the issue is. This Marcus Rashford is definitely not the same guy so something had happened.

I simply refuse to believe he just doesn't care. He's a bleeding Utd fan. Of course he does.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Why are you acting like you all know what the issue is. This Marcus Rashford is definitely not the same guy so something had happened.

I simply refuse to believe he just doesn't care. He's a bleeding Utd fan. Of course he does.
:lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
it’s amazing how hard you go on pogba, but are completely the opposite with rashford who arguably puts in even less effort?! you can’t be so hypocritical
Rashford had out miles more effort in than Pogba over the last 5 years. It's not even a close contest.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this season however if he's just as bad next year then I will admit something isn't right

HybridMoments

I don't think Rashford is suffering from any kind of mental illness or depression, it has to be something else. I refuse to believe that the United doctors would think that the best way to treat someone with depression is to put a woefully out of form Rashford in front of 70000 fans each week, it's the 1970s equivalent of being told to "man up and snap out of it you bender!"

TrueRed79

His decline has been so sad to watch. It's unbelievable really. It's the visible lack of effort that has me most worried though. The talent is there. The desire to work hard on the pitch all the time comes from within. If that never shines through, well then it doesn't bode well. ETH has a big big job on his hands with Rashford i'm afraid.

Marwood

I can only think that maybe he hasn't truly recovered from that bad back injury and he's playing in pain.

He always used to put a shift in for us. Maybe he's in denial and the injury is worse than we all know? RVP said he had a similar injury and wasnt the same player for 2-3 yrs.
Why is that your only thought though?

Why can't he just have lost the enthusiasm or desire? Like we've seen with lots of other footballers.

OL29

The thing is, if you were this reasonable to other players, this wouldn’t be so laughable. But the fact that you’ve come down so hard on other players, constantly ridiculing them as fan boys etc whilst simultaneously labelling people that criticise Rashford as plastic, foreign fans, tories and all the names under the sun makes you a shameless hypocrite.

Oranges038

His lack of effort is all too obvious. Trotting, walking jogging and genrally looking disinterested until the ball is coming his way. Loses it and drops his head or throws his arms in the air. Doesn't want to work hard to get it back and only really wants it when he has plenty of time and space.

I just don't think he has a very good football brain. He lacks the ability to see and make runs, he's only good when he gets a run on a defender with a ball over the top, even then his one on one finishing is about as reliable as Phil Jones knees. His decison making passing and crossing are abysmal, regulary will just cut in and shoot from 30 yards or run into a blind alley.

Anything that requires any sort of intelligent movement or a wee bit of cleverness, is not happening.

Ollie Derbyshire

It's always a shame that an academy player who has promise doesnt quite kick on. Rashford certainly had the talent but I never thought he was as football intelligent as others. Now it seems a far distant memory talking about it when Rashford was going to be breaking Rooneys record
Yeah that’s his biggest let down, doesn’t know what to do with the ball when he gets it. I’d rather he just kick and run with it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't think he will be leaving us this summer whatever some of you want. Everyone deserves a chance under ETH. Some will recover their form and some won't

Mcking

We should put out a rumour that we are skint and offer him to Barca and co for 30m or something while he still has a name.

Corridor of Uncertainty

I don't think he will be leaving us this summer whatever some of you want. Everyone deserves a chance under ETH. Some will recover their form and some won't
Why does everyone deserve a chance under the new manager? These are the same players that have downed tools for numerous managers and thrown them under a bus.

How many clean slates do you want these players to be given? They've run out of credit, we owe them feck all.

Shark

@NotShark
Doesn't really explain why his first touch sucks and he struggles with 5 yard passes too. This was the case when he was freshly returned and supposedly eager to crack on.
True. Either way the club better make a decision fast because being stuck with a player that's performing like this, on wages that we should be paying a genuinely top top player is lunacy.

mctrials23

Why does everyone deserve a chance under the new manager? These are the same players that have downed tools for numerous managers and thrown them under a bus.

How many clean slates do you want these players to be given? They've run out of credit, we owe them feck all.
Deserve is not the right word. Unfortunately we cannot clear out our entire first XI in one season so some of them will get a chance to make amens. I think that honestly quite a few will magically pick up if the team starts gelling even a little bit because they are just weak mentally. They are fine when times are good and shit when times are bad. Thats why we have had such a massive fall this season. They don't have the winning mentality or any resilience so they are very easily swayed in one direction or the other.

Personally I don't think Rashford will be one of those who makes it under ETH because I think he just doesn't care about football anymore. He likes the salary and he likes people fawning over him for doing a bit of charity work but he fundamentally doesn't care about the football anymore. I just hope that we don't give him a new contract before we sort this mess out one way or another.

Foxbatt

:lol: Rashford could stand in the centre circle for the whole match and you’ll look for a reason to excuse him. And you call other people can boys.
I hope when he gets thrown out of the club he takes his stans with him (or whatever nonsense you would be saying if he wasn’t a homegrown British lad)
What do you mean by could? That's what he was doing.

OverratedOpinion

I often disagree with that poster and Rashford is annoying me to no end this season but it does seem a bit strange. A young player who is clearly a good athlete putting in Mark Viduka levels of running, he is also a United fan but even if you laugh that off he surely knows it is better for his career to chase balls down when he is out of form.

I wonder if he is just constantly nervous about injuring himself again, he doesn't even try explosive things on the ball anymore.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's finished. Ghastly performance again.

I've never seen a player drop off like this, at this age so rapidly.

He needs to leave United for his own good. Everyone loves Rashford the man, but Rashford the player has long gone and I think it could get toxic.

The way he's going he'll be lucky to have a career half as good as Danny Welbeck.

mctrials23

Everyone loves Rashford the man, but Rashford the player has long gone and I think it could get toxic.
I struggle with this because if hes a good guy like his charity work suggests then he wouldn't be happy taking a huge salary from a club he says he loves whilst turning in tumescent performances week in week out. Hes not just in poor form, hes not trying.

I think this is why so many of us are struggling with him at the moment. His actions are a complete contradiction to his words and I am firmly in the actions speak louder than words category of people. I know that these days its far more important to say the right thing than it is to actually do the right thing but when someone actions don't back up their words I don't know how you can argue that they aren't just being disingenuous.

AusRed

I often disagree with that poster and Rashford is annoying me to no end this season but it does seem a bit strange. A young player who is clearly a good athlete putting in Mark Viduka levels of running, he is also a United fan but even if you laugh that off he surely knows it is better for his career to chase balls down when he is out of form.
'Dukes at least always put a shift in :D

Devil may care

Lukaku left because he wanted to leave and there was a credible offer for him. Nothing to do with your imaginary status.

Have you ever considered that Ten Hag might actually want to work with a 24 year old player that has lost his way a bit and bring him back to his best? From a purely pragmatic point of view at least it's a much better idea than adding him to the scrap heap and long list of players that we need to spend big money on to replace.

Loads of players go through peaks and troughs of form. It's the norm rather than the exception. Fans are reactionary and generally hysterical. Managers live in the real world. Ten Hag's Ajax have signed flops from the Premier League and brought them back to a good level. Why can't Ten Hag do that with Rashford? It happens all the time in football.
Imaginary status? If you really don't think Rashford has special treatment at United due to him being an academy product and a national hero due to his charity work, then I don't know what to tell you. As for form, it's clearly so much more than that, he's been dreadful for 18 months and isn't even working hard on the pitch anymore, if he was just a player we'd signed he'd be on the sell list at this point and while I don't know Ten Hag's personal views I don't think they matter on this one, selling Rashford won't be an option for the club.

Classical Mechanic

Imaginary status? If you really don't think Rashford has special treatment at United due to him being an academy product and a national hero due to his charity work, then I don't know what to tell you. As for form, it's clearly so much more than that, he's been dreadful for 18 months and isn't even working hard on the pitch anymore, if he was just a player we'd signed he'd be on the sell list at this point and while I don't know Ten Hag's personal views I don't think they matter on this one, selling Rashford won't be an option for the club.
What special treatment does he get then?

led_scholes

I've watched most of our games over the past 2-3 months at the stadium.

He actually put in some effort today in comparison to recent weeks, shame his performances were so poor. The bar is low here!
By effort you mean the 2 times he chased for no reason the ball to gk only for the gk to pass it, and then Rashford went back walking effectively leaving us with 9 men vs 10?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Because we can't sell or replace all of them in one window so you may as well have hope to try and get a tune out of the ones who have shown a good level in the past or have the talent.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
By effort you mean the 2 times he chased for no reason the ball to gk only for the gk to pass it, and then Rashford went back walking effectively leaving us with 9 men vs 10?
I saw him making runs off the hall throughout the first half, he chased down the GK and CBs a few times and he looked like he cared

A generous 5/10 but it's still an improvement over the rest of the season.

Devil may care

What special treatment does he get then?
The fact he's still getting regular games despite not even putting in effort is special treatment, as is the fact he's not transfer listed along with the other wasters like Martial and AWB is another favour, he's been equally as bad as they have.

romufc

And he has the audacity to be crying on lack game time, its furious.
This has to be the single most frustrating part about him. How clueless is he about football that he thinks he starts because of his name?

Its pathetic, you have to earn your spot in the team, he has been like this for a long time.

His attitude stinks, all we have done as fans is show him love and he has repaid the fans back in embarrassment.

He gave this fake speech about how much he cares at the end of the Europa League Final, I did feel sorry and thought, wow he is motivated.

A year later, I realise it was all words, I wouldn't believe anything he says.

NotQuiteManc

Probably best thing to do is to sell him to smaller club with much less pressure, and new environment so he would be able to concentrate more on his job as a footballer. Sell him for cheap, but with buy back clause. Just in case he is able to regain the form, but looking at him now, getting more unlikely by the week.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Should sell him asap while he is still worth something.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This wound me up about virtually the whole team. It is disgraceful that they are not even matching Ronaldo's effort. He's clearly waning, but tries his utmost to compensate with good old-fashioned graft, and then you see the clowns we have actually watching him not offering legs unity/solidarity.

Rashford is the worst of the lot in this regard, but he's definitely not the only one.

Kaos

I genuinely worry that we'll dither with him, and he'll end up being our new Lingard, staying to stink up the dressing room, constantly leaking to his friends at the press, only for him to leave on a free in some years.

Wish we were ruthless like City or even Chelsea are - sell players while they still have their value.

Idxomer

His effort isn't even his biggest problem, it's the same thing that happened with Martial.

He's missing all the qualities that made him a decent footballer and there isn't even a hint that he could get any of them back.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Best thing we could do this summer, sell him. Would show me and the squad that this is a new era, sacrificial lamb and that we don't care what your profile is or who you are, you need to earn your place here and work hard as a prerequisite.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They do? Why exactly? Professionalism, desire to make it and self-pride is what got them to the top in the first place; if you forgo those principles, why do you deserve a chance?

Ronaldo, a 37-year old, is out-working these players; why does a single one of them deserve a chance under another manager when they can't even hold their heads up and say they've matched the output of someone who has won everything there is to win at the club level, and still has the appetite to graft with everything he has, win, lose or draw?

The only caveat is if he is playing injured, and if he is, he's either not telling anyone, or there is gross incompetence afoot for him to still be fielded.

Santos J

His effort isn't even his biggest problem, it's the same thing that happened with Martial.

He's missing all the qualities that made him a decent footballer and there isn't even a hint that he could get any of them back.
Yep, it's not like if he just ran a bit more and tracked back he'd be alright, the majority of the time he tries to do anything with the ball it just doesn't come close to happening.

Classical Mechanic

The fact he's still getting regular games despite not even putting in effort is special treatment, as is the fact he's not transfer listed along with the other wasters like Martial and AWB is another favour, he's been equally as bad as they have.
He wouldn’t start if all are fit. We don’t have enough players. Martial asked to leave which is why he isn’t playing. If he didn’t ask to leave he would be playing like Rashford. The AWB situation is guesswork but I’m sure ETH sees Rashford as having more fundamental ability for his system than AWB.

There are no favours, it’s something in your imagination. If Rashford really was ready for the scrap heap, didn’t have the ability or was really deserving of the punishment you think he is then he would be sold.

Devil may care

He wouldn’t start if all are fit. We don’t have enough players. Martial asked to leave which is why he isn’t playing. If he didn’t ask to leave he would be playing like Rashford. The AWB situation is guesswork but I’m sure ETH sees Rashford as having more fundamental ability for his system than AWB.

There are no favours, it’s something in your imagination. If Rashford really was ready for the scrap heap, didn’t have the ability or was really deserving of the punishment you think he is then he would be sold.
If you believe that then so be it, I think you're being incredibly naive, we've kept worse players with less star status than him for sentimental reasons, crap like Anderson, Cleverely and Gibson lingered here ages and right now McTominay remains in the mix despite obviously being nowhere near good enough because he's an academy lad. You also seem to be completely ignoring Rashford's rancid attitude and lack of effort this season, you want to hang it all on 18 long months of "poor form," again if that's what you think then ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.