Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has some additional training planned in the United States this summer to ensure he is in the best possible condition for the start of pre-season.

Rashford missed the start of the most recent campaign after having shoulder surgery he put off until after Euro 2020.

However, he never really picked up the pace of the season and ended up being left out of the United team by Ralf Rangnick and also losing his England place.

The 24-year-old wants to hit the ground running under new United boss Erik Ten Hag and intends to be in the best shape possible when training resumes on 27 June.
His people are talking again. About three papers are carrying the same story.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
While Googling the Stone PR release, I saw Jason Burt published an almost identical one on the same day as the other two. These paragraphs were interesting, given current events and the new coaching staff:

:lol:
That second paragraph looks like some of the bollocks I'd write in my CV :lol:

El Jefe

I'm not his biggest fan but we need him for next season. Ten Hag is right when he said we finished 2nd a couple of seasons ago. If we can get Rashford, Maguire and Shaw to their 2020/21 form it will be huge for us.

My main issue with him was Ole treating him like he was a superstar when he was totally undeservingof that status. Last season was a humbling experience for him so I hope all the work he does in the summer pays off.

This team needs pace so Rashford is vital, or else we'll end up with more of Elanga which does us no good.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He is an absolute embarrassment, back to feeding his cronies about how much he cares even though on pitch he couldn't care less

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Disgusting none sense comment. How do you know how much Marcus reads? What gives that impression? Implying that he is somehow thick or stupid doesn’t equate to poor form. It does make you seem ignorant though.
It’s well publicised that Marcus collaborated on the book with Carl Anka of The Athletic. I don’t see what the relevance of that is either.
I never said he was thick, you said that. Reading books or not reading books has nothing to do with intelligence, I'm not sure why you equate the two together.

All the off the pitch PR campaigns, business sponsored murals, and leaks has me cynical of everything he and his team says and does, I just wish he gave all that a rest and focused on actually caring about football

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He is an absolute embarrassment, back to feeding his cronies about how much he cares even though on pitch he couldn't care less
I think he’s going to ask for a totally unrealistic contract not expecting to get it but will sign if it’s offered. I think he’s being lazy on the pitch so the club hold off until the last minute with any deal and then they either panic and overspend or they let him go free. Either way he wins. This way he gets all the money from his next club or far too much from us. He keeps enough of the fans onside until the last minute (look at people still arguing for Lingard and Pogba up to this point) and he’ll probably swan off to be a celebrity who happens to play football for the rest of his career

Last edited:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
While Googling the Stone PR release, I saw Jason Burt published an almost identical one on the same day as the other two. These paragraphs were interesting, given current events and the new coaching staff:

:lol:
Why are you quoting an article from January 2022 and calling it written a day or 2 before?

RedDevil@84

“Marcus Rashford is said to be bemused at the suggestion he doesn’t work hard enough on the pitch”
Haa.. It is break time. So he can keep feeding his media buddies stuff like hard work, more sweat and toil and stuff. It is not like it is all going to be exposed on the pitch in the next weekend.
With enough narrative, the fans may think we are getting a reformed, super Marcus next season.,

And with enough narrative, maybe United will be stupid enough to offer a new contract.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No wonder players want bigger salaries all the time, having all the major news site on your payroll surely takes a lot of money.

SmallCaine

Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has some additional training planned in the United States this summer to ensure he is in the best possible condition for the start of pre-season.

Rashford missed the start of the most recent campaign after having shoulder surgery he put off until after Euro 2020.

However, he never really picked up the pace of the season and ended up being left out of the United team by Ralf Rangnick and also losing his England place.

The 24-year-old wants to hit the ground running under new United boss Erik Ten Hag and intends to be in the best shape possible when training resumes on 27 June.
Hardest working pr team in business, I hope they got raises for the splendid work then put in during last season.

clarkydaz

Doesn’t sound like a player who doesn’t care and isn’t trying to me. Sorry haters.
im sorry you fall for this transparent tosh. Senior people at the club have told him to focus on football, but he's at Carrington 12 hours a day. Which is it?

Frank White

I think he’s going to ask for a totally unrealistic contract not expecting to get it but will sign if it’s offered. I think he’s being lazy on the pitch so the club hold off until the last minute with any deal and then they either panic and overspend or they let him go free. Either way he wins. This way he gets all the money from his next club. He keeps enough of the fans onside until the last minute (look at people still arguing for Lingard and Pogba up to this point) and he’ll probably swan off to be a celebrity who happens to play football for the rest of his career
Who and where? Outside of Jeppers for Pogba doubt many are trying arguing to keep either, especially Lingard.

Cloud7

The PR campaign has started again. Rashford trains for 26 hours per day and spends the remaining time watching videos on how to improve his performances.

stw2022

The fact his response to criticism that he’s all guff and PR and should shut up and prove his worth on the pitch is to recycle the same PR nonsense is somehow still disheartening. Predictable though.

stw2022

The PR campaign has started again. Rashford trains for 26 hours per day and spends the remaining time watching videos on how to improve his performances.
Currently going through Ronaldo’s bins to find evidence of his BMI at the same age. It’s why he stays in training until 11pm so it’s late so he doesn’t get caught. Watch out for that story next week.

Sources close to the club say Rashford is “very sad” every time that advert about the endangered donkey appeal comes on the TV

hobbers

He can do as much cardio and PR as he likes. They dont help him one iota on the pitch.

This season he hasn't been a dumpster fire because of a lack of fitness. His lack of ability, football intelligence and abysmal attitude are the problems and no amount of holidaying in America "hot weather training" will cure that.

Smithy89

The vitriol this lad gets is beyond me, he hasn't been good enough at all and has been a waste this season, along with the rest of them may i add.

Now the PR stuff and his PR team do not help things and it is highly annoying.

Grande

I'm not his biggest fan but we need him for next season. Ten Hag is right when he said we finished 2nd a couple of seasons ago. If we can get Rashford, Maguire and Shaw to their 2020/21 form it will be huge for us.

My main issue with him was Ole treating him like he was a superstar when he was totally undeservingof that status. Last season was a humbling experience for him so I hope all the work he does in the summer pays off.

This team needs pace so Rashford is vital, or else we'll end up with more of Elanga which does us no good.
If Bruno and Rashford (22)/Martial (24)/Greenwood (19) + Cavani (34) is enough to gather 73 pts under a PE teacher (not my words), I think Erik ten Hag will be able to get at least something similar with Bruno and Rashford (25)/Sancho (22)/Ronaldo(timeless haha) + new forward - given Rashford is not physically spent. If it’s about motivation/confidence/tactical intelligence/effort (probably it’s all four in tandem), Ten Hag has a good chance of affecting all those four horsemen and trim them to a best ever version of Rashford. If his back is broke or something, of course that won’t happen. But I think we would be wise to back Rashford to the extent that Ten Hag backs him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Nice to see him putting in the work.

If ten Hag can get the Rashford of two seasons ago who scored 17 goals in the league, then him, along with Sancho, Ronaldo and new attacking player will be devastating if they click.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
No wonder players want bigger salaries all the time, having all the major news site on your payroll surely takes a lot of money.
Takes zero money. Constant leaks from a player and its enough to have the press portray him as Ghandi reincarnated or as an extremely valuable commodity. Absolute joke.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Nice to see him putting in the work.

If ten Hag can get the Rashford of two seasons ago who scored 17 goals in the league, then him, along with Sancho, Ronaldo and new attacking player will be devastating if they click.
What earthly reason could you have that this scenario has even the remotest possibility of happening?

Based Adnan

The guy has more PR leaks than goal contributions this season

Do your talking on the pitch or do one

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
How the hell can, 'He should prioritise his football." be misquoted?
“Good afternoon, boys. Just to get the elephant out of the room straight away, we know the headlines that came after the Leicester game,” the manager told reporters before a question was asked. “We are so unbelievably proud of what Marcus has done on and off the pitch.

“You know what I said and you made a headline out of one little comment that I never intended to be the focus of what I was saying. I was saying it must be nice for the boy to focus on going into training and not feeling his ankle, or his shoulder or his back.

“Now he can just go and enjoy his football, and I think you all know that. So, there are no more questions on that one, or you can ask Marcus about it, but I just wanted to start with that one to get it out of the way.”
Misquoted/misrepresented. Whatever. It’s about context and intent.

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/...-comments-during-press-conference-19-oct-2021

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He was misquoted. He didn’t retract it, he corrected the press who took his remarks out of context.
The only reason it even got traction as a story in the press was because of Rashford's camp doing their usual dirty tricks.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Misquoted/misrepresented. Whatever. It’s about context and intent.

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/...-comments-during-press-conference-19-oct-2021
The context and intent is that the club/Ole shat the bed for daring to suggest that Rashford should focus on his football better than his own PR team could ever do.

How, "He should prioritise his football." was turned into, "all i was saying was it must be nice for the boy to focus on going into training and not feeling his ankle, or his shoulder or his back." is completely beyond me. Once a manager basically has to apologise to one of his players for a more than fair initial comment then it's all over for him.

marcus agrippa

Ducker came out with the same BS yesterday.

Not at all coincidentally, Stone and Ducker were also the journalists who came out with the straight PR releases about how mistreated he was by big bad Ole, how he was doing 12hr days at Carrington etc. earlier this year.

They were also the ones the year before, along with Henry Winter, who he gave hourly updates to on whichever knock was currently the most convenient to roll with after he got a bit of criticism.

One of the biggest snakes to ever play for us. Any proper club or manager would have ended this a long time ago.
Man's come with receipts. Kudos!

Rashford is a PR merchant. It's clear he has his media lackeys, and we'd be foolish to continue indulging him.

Status
Not open for further replies.