Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

2 goals in a row as a substitute. There is now a reason to start him on merit

Satsuma United

Strong few mins in the beginning, faded away but he was always hiding in the RW waiting for a final ball.

It worked. One thing i loved about him today, he smiled. Maybe he finally got this is the joy in his life, football.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What do you guys think about him off the ball in the last two games? He’s still looking quite passive? If he hadn’t popped up with the goal how was the performance? I thought he was ok in both games? Not exactly busting a gut running around but in the right place at the right time. His finish against Brentford is our nicest goal in ages

Swiss_Red89

Hardly about searching for the negative, but no idea how can look at his 30 mins and conclude he's back, he was barely involved.Shows great instinct to pop up at the back for the tap in, and it's an absolutely crucial goal, as I've already said it will hopefully do wonders for his confidence and lift his overall game, because we certainly need it.
He was hardly involved I agree. I didn't understand why he was played on the right after the first 5min on the left where he looked involved.

But at the end he scored from the right (same vs Brentford) so I'm fine with it. I still think he is better from the left.

BerryBerryShrew

He actually seemed to try today - he was closing down the oppo fullbacks high up the pitch when he came on- which is good to see. I think Ralf has managed this well, he's checked Rashford's ego and hopefully Marcus will maintain his focus for the rest of the season.

Ixion

Err, only 4? That's not much to brag about.
Literally says no other United player in the past 30 years has scored that many I guess all our players have been shit once it hits 90 minutes.

Jackal981

Hope he got his mojo back after these last few games. Good decision by RR benching him in the first place though.

Born2Lose

His gradual improvement since being benched has shown RR was right to drop him. Respect to him for taking it the right way and working harder.

I'm not sure he bursts a gut to make that run into the box a month ago.

Red_toad

What do you guys think about him off the ball in the last two games? He’s still looking quite passive? If he hadn’t popped up with the goal how was the performance? I thought he was ok in both games? Not exactly busting a gut running around but in the right place at the right time. His finish against Brentford is our nicest goal in ages
He was fine off the ball, players running round like headless chickens doesn’t make them great players. He worked hard and score again. I think he’ll benefit greatly from some extended coaching by Ralf and the new coaching team.

OmarUnited4ever

2 goals in a row as a substitute. There is now a reason to start him on merit
Actually i think it's better if he keeps coming off the bench around 60th min mark and cause issues to the oppo defense with his runs and directness

TheMitz

He actually seemed to try today - he was closing down the oppo fullbacks high up the pitch when he came on- which is good to see. I think Ralf has managed this well, he's checked Rashford's ego and hopefully Marcus will maintain his focus for the rest of the season.
that's one of the differences i noticed too.

it's like he cares again.

The Oracle

I'm not sure where he's been recently...

But I'm glad he is back! :devil:

*it's only right that I have the devil emoji on my post number 666!

lawliet354

Reminds me of his goal against Hull couple years ago, while his overall play is not back at his best yet, his ability to score a goal seems to have never left.

Slowly but surely he's getting back to his best

Chief123

Just goes to show a woman can make you or break you. They are dangerous tools.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Reminds me of his goal against Hull couple years ago, while his overall play is not back at his best yet, his ability to score a goal seems to have never left.

Slowly but surely he's getting back to his best
Yeah, that was created by Rooney, this was by Cavani. Two veteran strikers.

Ixion

93rd United goal today in the 93rd minute.

Hopefully can get to 100 before the end of the season.

United in sin

93rd United goal today in the 93rd minute.

Hopefully can get to 100 before the end of the season.
If he can stay fit he really should. Glad for him and hopefully this signals the start of a good run of goal scoring form

stw2022

Every single critic has always said he should be an impact sub. He should. He’s good at it

Manny

Grammar Police
Did feck all for the first 30 mins and popped up with a goal at the very end, hopefully not the definition of being back. It will however lift his confidence, so hopefully his overall game improves as well
Pretty much. The goal covers up what was otherwise a poor showing.

I was getting ready to rip into him because Martial looked more motivated when he came on and he wants to leave.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This should be his niche for the foreseeable future. He wasn't that impactful up until the goal, but it was a smart run that got him free.

Shimo

I missed the part of the Brentford game where he came , so can't speak to that. However, today I saw a part of Rashford that had been missing all season, he actually tried bit harder on and especially off the ball in terms of closing down for the time he was on. Not sure if it's watching Elanga getting minutes because of his effort and desire on the pitch that has maybe spurred this on, or the benching or the thing about his girlfriend but, there are signs of life outside of the goal today.

Don't think he should start yet even though Elanga to me didn't have the best of games today, the effort was still there on his part. Players should know that just scoring or getting an assist is not enough to earn back their starting spot, the rest of the effort to work for the team needs to be there as well.

git_united

He was relatively anonymous but Rashford from a few games ago doesn’t score that because, after slowing to get the ball from Martial, he had to work really hard to get to Cavani’s ball. I was really happy with that ‘extra’ effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.