Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot

I thought this was quite interesting (it's for last season, so Martial is there but Ronaldo isn't).

Rashford pretty much spends more time sprinting at full pace than anyone in the PL. Goes some way to explain why he doesn't press very much - it's to conserve his energy in between bursts forward.

That's not to say it's right. I think Rangnick would ideally want Rashford to be in the same region of the graph as Salah. The Boro game might have been the beginnings of that, tbf.
That's because we've been a club that has no ideas outside of counter attacking for the longest time. With proper coaching and time, allowing our forwards to isolate defenders etc. as a result of proper build up play - I wouldn't be surprised to see all our forwards go up a level or two.

Rangnick is doing well in my personal opinion, but it's still very early. No matter who the coach is, it's going to take time for them to turn us into more than just a counter attacking side. We essentially have threw years away with the previous managerial appointment

Dante

Average bang
That's because we've been a club that has no ideas outside of counter attacking for the longest time. With proper coaching and time, allowing our forwards to isolate defenders etc. as a result of proper build up play - I wouldn't be surprised to see all our forwards go up a level or two.

Rangnick is doing well in my personal opinion, but it's still very early. No matter who the coach is, it's going to take time for them to turn us into more than just a counter attacking side. We essentially have threw years away with the previous managerial appointment
FFS. There are other threads for your agenda.

This is about Rashford.

Womp

idiot
FFS. There are other threads for your agenda.

This is about Rashford.
How exactly is it an agenda? The guy is gone? Your post mentioned how much he sprints which is justification as to why he conserves his energy in pressing and I followed that up by claiming it is down to the fact that we've been nothing but a counter attacking side for quite some time now. It just so happens that Ole was the most recent example of that, he is also the only manager who played said counter attacking style in the season that your graph references. If it makes you feel better, Jose was also a counter attacking manager and we threw some years away with him too.

The 'threw years away' comment is in reference to the fact that we would be far further along in our development as a proper footballing side had we not hired those previous managerial appointments and that also those stats could be skewed as a result of the football that was being played.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Consistently makes poor decisions. Over and over again. At times, he’ll get us a goal, but he does strange and stupid things way too often.

The sad thing is he looked like he was trying tonight. He's lost a bit of pace and is settling into not being a very good player at all. I could see us offloading him in the next couple of years.

TheMitz

I hope he goes on the summer, looks like he doesn't want to be here.

MattofManchester

Bench him for Elanga. Selfish on the ball, offers absolutely nothing but running in behind.

We're gonna look back on him as a complete waste of time and potential if this continues.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Weird agenda against him tonight, put the ball in well a few times, was unlucky with some shots. In the second half we were brutal as a collective but that move to set up Varane? Was one of the few bright moments we had.

Swiss_Red89

Usual posters will slat him but I thought he played fine today. Definitely an upturn in form. Played a good part in the goal. Workrate has improved massively and with a bit more luck could have had two assists.

Greck

Usual posters will slat him but I thought he played fine today. Definitely an upturn in form. Played a good part in the goal. Workrate has improved massively and with a bit more luck could have had two assists.
Absolutely not he didn't play well. It's not even a silent thing where you can comp his touches and conclude he was decent. He was bad, conspicuously bad. I guess you can say he was okay for Radhford standards but for United standards that was nowhere close to minimum level of okay.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Good skills and strong shot, but as soon the goals got disallowed, he looked typically like no confidence Rashford.

We'll need a both stellar manager and coaching stuff this summer to totally change the mentality around this team.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't get it, he was doing well coming off the bench and making an impact. Why throw him back into the starting 11 again, and not based on form either, just blind hope he comes good. All that while playing on the right-wing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought he played alright. I like him on the right generally, inconsistent but it opens up a lot more of his game and gets rid of his tendency to dribble into a dead end like he does on the left. He'll be fine. Hard to be a winger in our team.

tomaldinho1

I hate to say it but Mou/Ole have ruined him by making him a pure counter attack payer. He doesn't look up, he just tries to use his pace and blitz defenders who all know what's coming, there's no guile or cleverness to his movement it's just line u a defender and run at him. For all the talk of needing a DM or CM, we've been creating enough to comfortably beat teams the last few games and it's our attackers letting us down. Their goal today came from Bruno/Rashford messing up a simple laid off chance and us getting countered (and Maguire being Maguire).

mewnew11

This is exactly how standards have fallen . Rashford is not united quality. Biggest issue is he just doesn't have the iq to succeed or play the team game

14/17 passes completed (compared to 52/57 for Sancho)
1/5 dribbles completed
2/10 ground duels won
0/1 aerial duels won

His only standout attribute is his pace - hence why he looks better coming on against tired legs to magnify that attribute even further.

He's not a top player now, but he'll genuinely be midtable level as soon as he loses a yard or two. The time to sell is now. We won't though.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He's a good player for a mid table team.
Which is what this team is.
Bang average players. Bang average team.
Rashford fits in perfectly.

Should United want to be relevant at the business end of competition then Mr Rashford and chums need to be sold for better players.

No amount of coaching will make him world class. He's just not that good.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
14/17 passes completed (compared to 52/57 for Sancho)
1/5 dribbles completed
2/10 ground duels won
0/1 aerial duels won

His only standout attribute is his pace - hence why he looks better coming on against tired legs to magnify that attribute even further.

He's not a top player now, but he'll genuinely be midtable level as soon as he loses a yard or two. The time to sell is now. We won't though.
Where are those stats from? He beat more than one player to put the ball in for Varane in the second half so how can he have only completed one dribble? Seems like drivel.

Strats

Back to his usual selfishness, poor decision making and horrible body language

Greck

I hate to say it but Mou/Ole have ruined him by making him a pure counter attack payer. He doesn't look up, he just tries to use his pace and blitz defenders who all know what's coming, there's no guile or cleverness to his movement it's just line u a defender and run at him. For all the talk of needing a DM or CM, we've been creating enough to comfortably beat teams the last few games and it's our attackers letting us down. Their goal today came from Bruno/Rashford messing up a simple laid off chance and us getting countered (and Maguire being Maguire).
They ruined his development and thought him nothing. His play is almost a reflection of our play over the last 5 years, run and gun completely lacking in tactical play. People are in for a shock if it's ETH because I can't see him starting in a system like that.

BorisManUtd

He's a left winger or a striker, not a right winger so expect him to struggle more in that position but his decision making is a problem, should be less selfish.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Body language is worrying. Doesnt look interested at all. Sancho was miles better.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Involved in the goal. Unlucky to not get assist for the OG. Made our best chance of the 2nd half too with the quick feet and cut back.

People on here are brain dead. Bruno, Cavani and Ronaldo (when he came on) were all worse than Rashford today.

Greck

He's a left winger or a striker, not a right winger so expect him to struggle more in that position but his decision making is a problem, should be less selfish.
He was the starting striker when Ralf joined, first 2 matches or so then he lost his place with very poor play. Tonight's performance was world class compared to how he looked when he was asked to spearhead Ralf's attack as a striker. Not that Ronaldo is doing much better in that department mind you.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Man he was so infuriating tonight.

Shooting from the tighest angles when there is one or two passes on.

Ralf needs to work with him. I can't write him off just yet. There is a good player in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.