4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

I honestly would tempt PSG with him when they lose Mbappe in the summer. Try and see if we can get about £50m for him with one year remaining on his current contract, which I think is the absolute max anyone would pay for him if we sold him this summer.

Otherwise I think he’ll be a Theo Walcott where we’ll be hoping he has another significant breakthrough for years, until he’s 28 and realise he was never going to get better than what we saw at 24.

romufc

Rashfords fans (of which there are less and less on here with each passing game) can’t seem to get their heads around this at all. He’s just as effective on the right when he contributes nothing on either side. Entering Martial territory with him. Hopefully another strong warning sign to the club to stop giving so much so soon and to reign it in when it comes to contracts and publicity with improving players.
That is the most crucial thing for me. There is no way we should have a player on 200k without them showing the ability to perform for a consistent period and us challenging for top trophies.

Rashford is a prime example, we have seen it with Martial, Shaw and the like too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Because, regardless of the team's form, when you look at Rashford individually, nearly every aspect of his game has declined. That would indicate he may be past his prime.
I don't believe Rashford is past his prime. However, I question where his head is at. Does Rashford want to be at Man Utd long-term?

Some people think that, as Rashford is a local lad and a fan, he will just stay at United. However, we are in the wilderness. No trophies for five years. No title for nearly 10 years. Steve McMananaman and Michael Owen are Liverpool fans, you hear it in their commentary. Yet they happily ditched Liverpool when it was right for their careers.

Rashford, to me, looks like a player who isn't 'bought in' anymore. Maybe he doesn't like where he's being asked to play, where we're being asked to play? Maybe he thinks staying at United is dooming him to years of football without trophies?

We can only speculate but it might be getting to the end of the road with Rashford.

stw2022

He looks like someone who is trying to be the difference in a game. While that is what we expect of him...what HE needs to do for his career is to go back to basics. We don’t expect Elanga to win games by himself. He needs to concentrate on being safe in possession first, using the ball adequately, giving us 6/10 performances that are solid. Making the runs he still makes but perhaps less of the headless chicken stuff.

Once his confidence and performances level off...then he can expand his game again.
This is fair. The basics have never been there but whilst he was younger and hungrier we didn’t mind. We just assumed the basics would naturally come as he developed his game but they never have and the last year or two it’s really started to notice.

This is what I think some mean when they say there’s nothing there. He has no base to his performance. No 6/10. He’s even awful and doesn’t score or he’s awful yet scores and people use the latter as an example of development

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He’s not very good, but even worse, I don’t think he actually gives a shit about his performances.

Pedestrian and pathetic.

Lewnited

Wonder if he'll grace us with some effort in a game at any time soon. Get shot of him

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Nothing is working for Rashford at the moment. Nothing. First touch, decision-making, passing, its all gone to pot. Its got to the point where you can't even be confident he'll run with the ball in a straight line without f'n up.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I would be fine if he was putting in the effort. Seeing Ronaldo run more than him was brutal to watch.

spiriticon

fecking terrible cameo. Stop hitting the defenders with everything you do, you melt

led_scholes

Abysmal cameo. Just strolling around. It fears me that his contract end in one and half year. Knowing us, we will renew it because he is Rashford MBE. But I truly hope that we sell him. It will be madness to make him one of the top earners again. And I doubt he will accept a huge paycut. He should be on 50% of what Sancho is.

redshaw

Is he down about his friend Lingard and the treatment from the club and possibly other similar things, feels like a protest performance of sorts that he's been putting in for a little while now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Really needs to get back to basics now, is in nightmarish form . As of now he isn't even a decent pace merchant.

thebelfastboy

Absolutely atrocious. Think he gave the ball away every time he had it??? Looked like his head want in the game at all.

Swiss_Red89

He didn't give the ball away every single time, thats hyperbole.

But that was a horrible cameo. You have to chase every ball for 15minutes when you come on at 1:0. Did the opposite. He strolled around as he wasn't interested. He deserves the hairdryer from Fergie. Hope Rangnick has one in his locker.

Red Rash

I have no idea what happened to Rashford. Playing terribly at the moment and not even putting in the effort.

Dike_Manc

I'm pretty sure he gave the ball away every single time he had it.

He's utterly useless. A passenger.
Except for the assist in the Southampton game he pretty much gave it away everytime there too. What could be done at this point? He's just ridiculously bad.

Ralaks

Most frustrating is his lack of effort after losing the ball, just stands there hands in the air, fecking chase it down man.

If he doesn't start to try, then I struggle to see where his role is in the squad

Smores

Is he down about his friend Lingard and the treatment from the club and possibly other similar things, feels like a protest performance of sorts that he's been putting in for a little while now.
I did wonder if it was a sulk having to play on the right. Last time he was pushed out there he did the same.

AshRK

He has been shocking. Maybe ole"s sacking didn't please him. At this rate he is turning into the next dele ali.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
When he first played as a #9 under LVG, he was a hard worker, kept things simple and played one touch football.

He was a far better player then, his success has gone to his head.

Manny

Grammar Police
Did his usual passing it to the opposition then walk about like he's Lionel Messi. Ronaldo did more tracking back.

He was only on for 10 minutes as well, and still showed himself up.

goptun

Most frustrating is his lack of effort after losing the ball, just stands there hands in the air, fecking chase it down man.

If he doesn't start to try, then I struggle to see where his role is in the squad
Yeh, that was an utterly abject cameo. I wasn't expecting an electric showing, but his complete lack of drive and determination is seriously odd. What the hell is going on? He's playing like he doesn't want to be at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.