Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
Not sure where the hate comes from. I understand it for the previous match, but I think we touched the ball a whole 4 (5?) times since he came on, all of which when we were camped in our own half

You could have Lionel Messi out there and he would have looked shite

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He looks like a player that has been patted on the shoulder saying ‘well done’ for 2 years with no further coaching. Pep would have made him something.

waste of talent

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Our attackers are always victim of our crap football anc poor system. Just go into the Rashford, Greenwood, Ronaldo thread and you’ll see the same stupid criticism despite the fact we never play in a way which gets them into the game. Ridiculous to criticise individuals who are clearly not working for the current manager!

AFC NimbleThumb

Having spent nearly £500mil we have a manager who hasn’t empowered his squad enough to leave out a half for Rashford entirely, it really is telling.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
All good mate ;) I get your point and I agree that he has to up his game and workrate. But the he's "not good enough" claim is just not correct imo. Will be interesting to see how he does under a new manager. (which he hopefully will get soon).
Yeah I probably am being a bit too critical but it’s just frustrating because he had so much potential a few years ago and I just feel he’s now reached his ceiling for whatever reason.

I love Marcus Rashford the person, just finding him very frustrating as a player at the minute.

Hopefully he regains a bit of form again soon. It’s just situations like today when I see him coming on I have no faith in him making any impact and maybe that’s down to his injuries and coaching

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hopefully he regains a bit of form again soon. It’s just situations like today when I see him coming on I have no faith in him making any impact and maybe that’s down to his injuries and coaching
He’s scored three goals already, two off the bench?!

Yagami

Good post resistant
I can't believe we're rushing him back again. Not only because you'd have thought we'd have learnt after last time, but it's not even like we've got no options like last time. Attack is literally where we have the most depth. Even with Cavani and Pogba out it's inexcusable.

Amir

Fergie sends him home under order not to get out of bed until he's well and shows trust in his squad.

Solskjaer again uses an unfit player in at attempt to save his job and tells other players he does not trust them.

Disgusting.

Andersons Dietician

Do have to wonder why they persist on playing him if injured or ill. He did absolutely nothing in the game. I’d actually forgotten we had even brought him on as he was invisible but feck me if he’s been ill. Just leave him at home Ole. Got plenty of options. Can’t believe I’m saying this but sure Lingard or even one of the young lads would have given more just by the fact they are healthy.

sp_107

Rashford and Greenwood are not wingers but they play on wings, McFred cant hold the ball well but they play in central midfiled...

stw2022

It’s difficult as you can’t really blame players for this car crash but the guy has been injured for about a year now (surgery time aside) and constantly makes himself available for selection. If he’s intelligent enough to write essays on Twitter after every criticism then he’s old enough to say “Boss I’m not right”

At what point does a player constantly complaining through media surrogates about being injured yet making himself available for selection become something it’s legitimate to criticise the player for?

As said he wasn’t even the focus of criticism and only played a minor role from bench. Yet still the ‘if he plays badly it means he’s injured’ machinery went into action. In this case without any actual cause

Last edited:

UncleBob

Also, it’s rather bizarre that after yet another shit performance, Winter is instantly out with the angle that Marcus Rashford is battling through injury/illness to make himself available and that he’s some sort of hero while the manager is the villain of the story. Why even focus on Rashford at all in all of this, he wasn’t being singled out

Drainy

Also, it’s rather bizarre that after yet another shit performance, Winter is instantly out with the angle that Marcus Rashford is battling through injury/illness to make himself available and that he’s some sort of hero while the manager is the villain of the story. Why even focus on Rashford at all in all of this, he wasn’t being singled out
It was announced before the game he was doubtful due to illness, and thats why he was on the bench. Inconvenient for you.

UncleBob

It was announced before the game he was doubtful due to illness, and thats why he was on the bench. Inconvenient for you.
How does that effect the point about Winter once again coming to the rescue.

UncleBob

Said it in another post but why does this bother you whatsoever :lol:
First of all i don't see the point in a PR spin on Rashford, when he's not even being singled out, right after we've looked completely helpless. Hardly the place or time for this "Hero of England".

Secondly, it portraits the management as idiots for using him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Chris Wheeler: "The other United substitute on Saturday was Rashford, but it’s understood the England forward returned from the Champions League draw against Atalanta in Italy with flu symptoms and was sent home from training on Wednesday".

"Rashford did not train on Thursday or Friday — and stayed away from the team hotel before the derby — but was deemed a better option than Lingard or Anthony Martial when he was sent on in the 67th minute"

"The decision mystified his team-mates and an under-par Rashford struggled to offer anything as United slipped to another chastening defeat".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...jaer-Ronaldo-Fernandes-unhappy-City-loss.html

EtH

Chris Wheeler: "The other United substitute on Saturday was Rashford, but it’s understood the England forward returned from the Champions League draw against Atalanta in Italy with flu symptoms and was sent home from training on Wednesday".

"Rashford did not train on Thursday or Friday — and stayed away from the team hotel before the derby — but was deemed a better option than Lingard or Anthony Martial when he was sent on in the 67th minute"

"The decision mystified his team-mates and an under-par Rashford struggled to offer anything as United slipped to another chastening defeat".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...jaer-Ronaldo-Fernandes-unhappy-City-loss.html
This almost deserves its own thread.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

With any other manager Rashford is rightly left out of the squad. Shows how desperate and reckless Ole is right now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

This won't help anyone, not sure what's the point of making yourself available if you are not fit. Also not sure what goes in Ole's mind to play half fit player.

Swiss_Red89

According to manutd.com he pulled out of the England squad to focus on regaining full fitness.

At least one decision that makes sense at our club these days.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
What’s todays excuse lads? Still playing with an injury? Seems to be the reason for every poor Rashford performance the last 18 months.

Swiss_Red89

I thought he was one of our better players in the first half. Didnt really understand his substitution.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hasnt been back from injury long but he is probably our most productive wide attacker this season already?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What’s todays excuse lads? Still playing with an injury? Seems to be the reason for every poor Rashford performance the last 18 months.
What? He was decent, there was a lot worse than him. How can you expect the attacking player to perform when he hardly got a sniff of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.