Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Needs dropping and playing back into form, off the bench, sparingly. So surprising he got the nod there tonight. Not through anything he’s shown on the pitch in the last 12 months. He must be killing it in training or wrecking the mangers head to be put back in. He couldn’t have looked less interested. He’s potentially a good player but his motivation and game look substandard for too long now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Something is wrong. Could be that Chris Armas' American accent drove him crazy.
"Rashford you need help us win a 3peat to revive your passion for soccer!"
"Rashford you need to start shooting within a 30 yard lane in order to get a touchdown!"
"Rashford where is the gozalo, dude, man, bro? where is it my man bruh?"

Tyrion

Shouldn’t be starting for us.
How much more time should he get to sort himself out before he should be sold?
There shouldn't be any more time for it on the pitch. He should be dropped and if he improves in training, then he can be played again.

Atheist

No doubt he’ll be given a bumper 6 year contract before the season ends. The state of this club.

Jackal981

He needs to play through this.
Cavani may not be fully fit yet.
Ronaldo is playing every game.
Dont think there is playing through this anymore. It has been almost 2 years and he's just plain ol shit. No injury or form excuse anymore. We are playing 10v12 everytime he is stinking the pitch

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's been atrocious. It has to be something going on off the pitch. At this point, it looks like his head is somewhere else. Every decision he takes is the wrong one, which is actually quite impressive when you think about it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The really disturbing thing about him is he's been sporadically like this consistently for the past 4 years and this forum just put up with it.

I've been saying for the past 3 years he is really poor at any form of intelligent football. He's either a pass-back (useless on the wings) or a sunday league dribbler of the ball.

Hopefully today was the final nail. Get rid please. I'm sick of watching this guy pretend to play football for us

LoneStar

Do we have any other player who can play wide? Lingard is going out, Greenwood is brain dead, Rashford is atrocious, Mata is going out. We just have Jadon and Elanga who can play decent and stay well beyond this season.
I guess we add a winger to the ever growing list of players needed in the summer. It now stands at 1 winger, 1 striker, 1 or 2 CM, 1 or 2 fullbacks.

dpansheth

He's been atrocious. It has to be something going on off the pitch. At this point, it looks like his head is somewhere else. Every decision he takes is the wrong one, which is actually quite impressive when you think about it.
Or there’s a simpler answer; he’s not good to play twice a week for a top 10 football club of the world. Its just our wish that a local + academy guy turns into a world class player that is holding us back from admitting that he’s not good.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Clearly said with Rashford in mind here, no?

Real Name

To say he was bad is an understatement. His standard walking, hogging the ball and unsuccessful dribbles. Catastrophic.

Telsim

Useless player. If someone offers 30M for him - take it and run. This and Martial and we can easily go for Antony.

15 years ago his fate would have been sealed. But I have no doubt he will be offered a brand new 4-year contract on 350k/week. Club's not concerned with football.

Swedish_Plumber

Clearly said with Rashford in mind here, no?
I said it to myself after he came on last night. It was just good having someone out there willing to put in notable effort.

For whatever reason, Rashford seems to have lost some desire to play football. He’s a confidence player who usually beats players with pace and the odd magical bit of skill. None of that happens consistently if his heart isn’t in it.

Elanga’s goal was a typical Rashford goal, but we barely see Marcus make his intelligent runs now.

Ash_G

Said it before but it's not just Rashford's poor play which has been highlighted many times now that's an issue it's the combination of Rashford, Bruno, Pogba and Ronaldo in one team. Yes occasionally it'll click and look good but too often all of their various weaknesses will be on show and you've got 4 players who will give the ball away/make bad decisions with 3 of them also not being hard workers either. It's just too much to try and compensate for even if we had better defenders/midfielders behind them.

For Rashford I think he would just be better as an impact player for now. ings around

Mickson

He needs a coach ASAP. I'm not trying to be funny but he's just so dumb. Runs into traffic without no clue what to do, it's so weird that a professional footballer can make so many poor decisions. If we aren't getting say Ten Hag in the summer, who can teach him to play the simple and right game, then he is finished as a footballer at the top level, he may already be. Also, he's kind of lazy. Learn from Elanga.

Devil’s Trident

The really disturbing thing about him is he's been sporadically like this consistently for the past 4 years and this forum just put up with it.

I've been saying for the past 3 years he is really poor at any form of intelligent football. He's either a pass-back (useless on the wings) or a sunday league dribbler of the ball.

Hopefully today was the final nail. Get rid please. I'm sick of watching this guy pretend to play football for us
Yep, l love caf but this forum’s collectively IQ and football intelligence is as good as Rashford’s. The way so many posters pretend that he was this amazing footballer 1-2 years back and now act so surprised as if it’s such a huge fall never fails to amaze me. And when you tell them that he was never this good as it’s claimed and was never consistent throughout his career in his performances, you are thrown with goals and assists argument without even thinking that performances and stats are two different things altogether. For most of them performances and stats are the same.

The hilarious thing is this is the same forum who makes fun of lukaku’s stat padding and assesses his every other quality to decide he is shit but can’t do the same for Marcus. I remember him being compared to Mbappe not so long ago but the reality is he is more closer to lukaku in his footballing abilities than Mbappe. His touch is shit, his decision making is shit, he has no awareness, No IQ and now that he has no workrate either despite being a local lad (lol) he is more of a liability than an asset to us.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Must not start again this season. I see no desire, no passion, no hunger in his game. Even technically he's so poor. Playing both him and OAP Ronaldo absolutely stifffles our attack and it's like playing with 9 men! No wonder we struggle!

Mickson

Yep, l love caf but this forum’s collectively IQ and football intelligence is as good as Rashford’s. The way so many posters pretend that he was this amazing footballer 1-2 years back and now act so surprised as if it’s such a huge fall never fails to amaze me. And when you tell them that he was never this good as it’s claimed and was never consistent throughout his career in his performances, you are thrown with goals and assists argument without even thinking that performances and stats are two different things altogether. For most of them performances and stats are the same.

The hilarious thing is this is the same forum who makes fun of lukaku’s stat padding and assesses his every other quality to decide he is shit but can’t do the same for Marcus. I remember him being compared to Mbappe not so long ago but the reality is he is more closer to lukaku in his footballing abilities than Mbappe. His touch is shit, his decision making is shit, he has no awareness, No IQ and now that he has no workrate either despite being a local lad (lol) he is more of a liability than an asset to us.
That's not entirely true. He wasn't a brilliant footballer but he was effective and could be damning to the oppositions. Now is another story. You just have to look at his goals/assists then compared to now.

Raw

Feel like the most he's ever going to be is a squad option off the bench. Can't believe how stupid he is on the pitch.

AndySmith1990

Id be starting with Sancho and Elenga from now on. Rashford is quite frankly appalling and thick as pig shit. The guy thinks he's Messi and can win games on his own, when in reality his level is closer to Obertan.

90 + 5min

Agree. He don’t care. Or at least it seems that way. And it is nothing new this season. I might be to early with this but selling him is not of the table anymore.

BerryBerryShrew

Id be starting with Sancho and Elenga from now on. Rashford is quite frankly appalling and thick as pig shit. The guy thinks he's Messi and can win games on his own, when in reality his level is closer to Obertan.
Obertan had far better decision making to be honest.

He's only ever been useful when he can run at defenders with space behind them to move into. What I want to know is why he can't even do that anymore. He doesn't look quick and without pace he's barely an average PL footballer.

It seems such a long time ago when we were talking about him being our starting number 9. I never thought he was good enough for that but I didn't imagine him getting to be this bad.

Meep

Rashford looks out of it mentally. I hope he finds his happiness again and I don't think this is about football. Until then Elanga and Sancho are better options.

Glorio

Time for Rangnick to bench him for a long, long time. Pointless saying stuff like this if you keep starting him though.
He doesn't keep starting him though, and I can't blame Rangnick for starting him yesterday.
When we're going away to a big, hostile venue in Europe, if one had a choice, it's not the sort of atmosphere where you'd want to start a kid who has recently been growing in confidence (Elanga). It's just like the criticism Gio got for starting Amad in the Old Firm derby away, there's a high risk that a youngster could get swallowed by such occasions.

It made sense to go with experience, which Rashford has in the CL, and has shined on that stage a fair few times in the past. One could be forgiven to think it would have lit a fire in his belly, but nope, not to be.

As for Elanga, what played out yesterday was the best possible scenario for him personally.

Glorio

Exactly my thoughts. He really was one of my favourite players, but I mentioned this in another thread too: attitude of David Beckham, ability of David Bentley.

I think he’s finished here to be honest, and I hate writing players off prematurely. His prime came pre-back injury.
It may sound like a good sound bite to you, but it's utter and complete rubbish. It's the complete opposite of the truth.

Attitude of David Beckham?!! Be honest, did you watch one minute of Beckham playing for United? (Legend matches don't count)

He was the epitome of a grafter who gave every ounce every game and if Rashford had a fraction his attitude, he'd be a lot better than he is.

I'm catching up on posts as I didn't read this thread yesterday, but this opinion took the cake

Last edited:

MalaysianRed7

It may sound like a good sound bite to you, but it's utter and complete rubbish. It's the complete opposite of the truth.

Attitude of David Beckham?!! Be honest, did you watch one minute of Beckham playing for United? (Legend matches don't count)

He was the epitome of a grafter who gave every ounce every game and if Rashford had a fraction his attitude, he'd be a lot better than he is.

I'm catching up on posts as I didn
Stop being pedantic, anyone with a brain can see that I meant his confidence. No one thinks Rashford is hardworking anymore, unlike a few years ago.

zenith

Rashford on the right is just plain stupid. Rather not play him than play him out of position

Corridor of Uncertainty

Rashford on the right is just plain stupid. Rather not play him than play him out of position
He was the same on the left.

I think he was given the benefit of the doubt based on his experience last night. After that match, I hope we don't see him for a long time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was the same on the left.

I think he was given the benefit of the doubt based on his experience last night. After that match, I hope we don't see him for a long time.
We can't "not see" him for a while given the nature of our squad. Rashford will still play a lot of games and minutes till the end of the season.
It's a depressing thought but it is our reality

Born2Lose

I'm catching up on posts as I didn
Agree with this, was never a fan of "Brand Becks" but he never downed tools like Rashford has.

Glorio

Stop being pedantic, anyone with a brain can see that I meant his confidence. No one thinks Rashford is hardworking anymore, unlike a few years ago.
So are you saying Becks didn't have confidence? Or regularly lost confidence? The same clutch player that was David Beckham?

Anyone with a brain can see that you're digging a deeper hole for yourself

Corridor of Uncertainty

He's the footballing equivalent of a black-hole.

Nothing that gets fed into him ever comes back out. You know as soon as he receives the ball in an advanced area, that attack is inevitably going to break down and come to nothing, most likely due to ridiculous decision making.

It they haven't already, it'll get to a stage where his teammates will no longer trust him with the ball, and they'd be right to do so.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Is it worth giving him a #9 role for a couple of games?

Sancho - Rashford - Elanga could be a good combo to try out vs Watford.

rooney2009

Rashford does not want to play on the right and he is not good on the right
He is out of form and confidence at the moment
I think his form will come back eventually but he has to play on the left even if he has to be a sub for Sancho

redIndianDevil

If he stopped attempting beating his man and simply passed the ball back to our midfield, we'd fared a lot better. It's like he forgets it's a team game and he isn't going to beat two Atl. Madrid players.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
One of the many things that he seems to lack is talking to other players.
You see everyone else shouting instructions or encouragement to eachother because they want to win and so need to help/direct/encourage those around them.

Rashford just has his head down and doesn't seem to communicate to anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.