Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Can't disagree here, I'd rather he is benched than be played on the right, he is really bad there.
Why is he so bad on the right? It's a strange one isn't it. Is it cause all he really has in his locker is the cut inside and shoot option or what is it?

Most other players could play to a decent level in most positions but to be a winger and be terrible at one of those wings (the wing that actually is the same as the foot he kicks with) shows how limited of a player he actually is.

It would be great if he regained form but one of the problems of this club recently is the patience we've had with underperforming players

clarkydaz

Why is he so bad on the right? It's a strange one isn't it. Is it cause all he really has in his locker is the cut inside and shoot option or what is it?

Most other players could play to a decent level in most positions but to be a winger and be terrible at one of those wings (the wing that actually is the same as the foot he kicks with) shows how limited of a player he actually is.

It would be great if he regained form but one of the problems of this club recently is the patience we've had with underperforming players
Pretty much. Under Ole it was his slot regardless of form/fitness. Limited footballer with low IQ

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Ah jesus. He is not helping himself at all.

By all means if you are doing it on the pitch. But he is not. I still think there is a really good player there, but i would ease off the social media for a while if i were him.
Social media has nothing to do with his performances, he probably has a team managing it.

All it does is inflame fans who don't realize that regardless of performances on the pitch, athletes have to live their life and social media is a part of that

Mingus

Playing injured for 2/3rds of last season was a massive mistake by someone. Maybe he thought the injuries would sort themselves out leaving him able to play for England without surgery.

Not having a pre-season can't have helped his sharpness and therefore confidence.

Maybe a new manager next season can restore his mojo, he certainly has his admirers amongst the likes of Tuchel, Klopp etc.

Foxbatt

The issue it Not his lack of form. Rashford fans here here are trying to spin it that way. The issue is lack of effort. Lack of form has never been a huge problem here. He just could not be bothered about making an effort. That is the whole issue here. If there is a player who is better than Rashford on the left, why should the manager play Rashford there? As another poster said Manchester United is more important than Marcus Rashford.
Maguire is a huge issue too but no one can accuse him of not making an effort. The three players who did not make much of an effort has been the three forwards, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. Of which two are gone and so should Rashford now.

mav_9me

Rashford is obviously in bad form. Maybe he will never find his original form again.

However that doesn't give the fans the right to abuse him. And if you are abusing him you better shut up and take it if he responds.

I fully support Rashford.

And it's not like I am biased towards Rashford. For ex I want Maguire sold, i dont think he is good enough but I would never abuse Maguire. And if Maguire did the same I would support him too.

hobbers

Yet another puff piece.

How much do his PR team pay the journos to write this drivel?

From Rashford being Klopp's ideal player to being the most highly rated prospect in world football by Pep and Poch.

How fecking thick are these people that they think the public will buy this?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The issue it Not his lack of form. Rashford fans here here are trying to spin it that way. The issue is lack of effort. Lack of form has never been a huge problem here. He just could not be bothered about making an effort. That is the whole issue here. If there is a player who is better than Rashford on the left, why should the manager play Rashford there? As another poster said Manchester United is more important than Marcus Rashford.
Maguire is a huge issue too but no one can accuse him of not making an effort. The three players who did not make much of an effort has been the three forwards, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. Of which two are gone and so should Rashford now.
Exactly. Also I am yet to understand why foreigners are being called Tories for making this point?

Also Rashford is not good on other side because of his low football IQ at the moment. Mbappe can play on both side without any drop in quality.

stevoc

I've got a question.

I do criticize Rashford's terrible performances and he is in a bad form now, can't do anything right on the ball or off the ball.

If the coaches want to get him playing better, shouldn't they at least play him in his preferred LW role?

I know as of now Sancho is the best option for the LW position, but if we want Rashford to regain some form, I think playing him in a familiar position/role is the best way, of course he has to give 100% effort on the pitch, but I believe putting Rashford on the left, where his best performances came from in the past, might help him improve.

Rashford is in a bad form now, I feel playing him RW, which requires him to be more creative and putting in crosses, instead of being the threat he used to be on the left (like coming inside to shoot or making runs behind defenses), compounds the problem that is his current horrible form.
Yeah Ralf should have figured out by now that Rashford can't play on the right and he will obviously realize that it is affecting his confidence. To be honest being a professional football coach he should have known beforehand based on Rashford's previous performances on the right wing but he seems determined to play him there.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I've got a question.

I do criticize Rashford's terrible performances and he is in a bad form now, can't do anything right on the ball or off the ball.

If the coaches want to get him playing better, shouldn't they at least play him in his preferred LW role?

I know as of now Sancho is the best option for the LW position, but if we want Rashford to regain some form, I think playing him in a familiar position/role is the best way, of course he has to give 100% effort on the pitch, but I believe putting Rashford on the left, where his best performances came from in the past, might help him improve.

Rashford is in a bad form now, I feel playing him RW, which requires him to be more creative and putting in crosses, instead of being the threat he used to be on the left (like coming inside to shoot or making runs behind defenses), compounds the problem that is his current horrible form.
No because the club always comes first, and Sancho is better than him all around. He has earned the left spot.

With his current attitude he doesn't deserve to play anywhere truthfully. His refusal to track back is a liability which opponents have exploited costing us goals (Southampton home last month most obvious example)

He can't complain about anything. Rangnick has protected him in public, and given him more chances than his form has deserved. The coaches can't be blamed when it's gone on for this long. He needs to either take responsibility, adapt and improve, or leave.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sooner or later it’s going to dawn on people. It’s the fans, the owners, the coaches, the ex players, the pundits, the managers, social media, mental health, fashion lines, the fact we market our players heavily…

It’s our owners refusal to rectify shoddy recruitment and the fact our players are far too insulated for too long. There’s no punishment for failure apart from a new improved contract. There’s no pressure on too many of these players positions/livelihoods. In the meantime If you don’t like the manager just get him fired and blame the coaching. Let the owners try a few more managers instead of flogging mediocre players and nothing changes? Of course now it’s the fans fault for expecting more. And around and around we go. The players just aren’t fighters and the owners aren’t good enough. We should know that by now.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah Ralf should have figured out by now that Rashford can't play on the right and he will obviously realize that it is affecting his confidence. To be honest being a professional football coach he should have known beforehand based on Rashford's previous performances on the right wing but he seems determined to play him there.
I dont buy the "it's because he's on the right" narrative. When Ralf first arrived, he played Rashford in a 2 upfront with Ronaldo, and he was just as abysmal there.

I believe he would be just as bad anywhere you put him. The way he comes on as a sub and still jogs around, even after being left out shows his attitude isn't right. He's lucky he's playing at all truthfully. Ralf has actually been soft with him.

It does say everything about what he's become that he's acting this way though, with him not buying into Ralf's way it seems.

Because the fresh academy Rashford would have been a dream for Rangnick. He would have been a pressing monster just like Elanga is.

The fact he's become this liability instead, in his prime at 24, is all down to him.

Last edited:

caid

I kind of feel denying him the opportunity to cut in from the left and shoot is the right way forward with him and right wing is the perfect position for him. He needs to develop his game, he needs to offer more, be less predictable and one note.
The lack of energy and workrate cant be excused by being on the right anyway.

Jackal981

It'd be like reading one of them "Trader's tips & tricks on how to become a millionaire" book where they actually became a millionaire by selling the book and not by trading.
How to make a difference on the pitch ? His answer is play like shite week in week out so you make your team worse and got dropped from the first XI ? Plus moaning and leaking stuff to press ? And giving the finger to the fans :lol: :lol: :lol:

tenpoless

How to make a difference on the pitch ? His answer is play like shite week in week out so you make your team worse and got dropped from the first XI ? Plus moaning and leaking stuff to press ? And giving the finger to the fans :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I can make a difference, you can too. Just have your PR team fight with your employer ;)

Before: no chaos
After: chaos

Great success.

OmarUnited4ever

No because the club always comes first, and Sancho is better than him all around. He has earned the left spot.

With his current attitude he doesn't deserve to play anywhere truthfully. His refusal to track back is a liability which opponents have exploited costing us goals (Southampton home last month most obvious example)

He can't complain about anything. Rangnick has protected him in public, and given him more chances than his form has deserved. The coaches can't be blamed when it's gone on for this long. He needs to either take responsibility, adapt and improve, or leave.
It is a given that the club comes first, that does not need to be discussed, my point was caveated with the idea that if Rashford is given a chance on the left wing, then he has to give 110% effort on the pitch, making runs, pressing, tracking back, and all that, his lack of effort and laziness is inexcusable and unacceptable.

I am also of the opinion that as of now, and until further notice, Sancho is the best option as LW, but for Rashford, I think either he is benched, or if he is played (as a starter or as a sub), then he should be played as LW.

For now, Elanga should be the starting RW, only because Rashford is so so bad on the right.

OmarUnited4ever

I kind of feel denying him the opportunity to cut in from the left and shoot is the right way forward with him and right wing is the perfect position for him. He needs to develop his game, he needs to offer more, be less predictable and one note.
the bolded part, I agree with 100%.

I also think Rashford should develop his overall game, instead of being one trick pony, however, it is best that he plays from the left, and coached to do different things when on the ball instead of coming inside to shoot.

stw2022

He’s right footed player. The fact many just accept that a right footed player cannot play on the right is the latest in a litany of ridiculous excuses for him.

He CAN play effectively on the right but because from their his opportunities to cut inside and shoot are more limited he sulks and doesn’t make the effort. Just like when he’s not selected in starting XI and he evidently demonstrates his dissatisfaction by walking around the pitch. He’s trying to prove a point. A right footed wide forward being played out of position as a right sided forward, isn’t a thing.

Not that he’s brilliant on the left either but that’s another story. On the left he wastes every opportunity by shooting from ridiculous angles, from the right he wastes every opportunity by running into dead ends trying to create ridiculous angles from which to shoot. “Local lad” wouldn’t negate that for Fergie and it shouldn’t for any future manager

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’s right footed player. The fact many just accept that a right footed player cannot play on the right is the latest in a litany of ridiculous excuses for him.

He CAN play effectively on the right but because from their his opportunities to cut inside and shoot are more limited he sulks and doesn’t make the effort. Just like when he’s not selected in starting XI and he evidently demonstrates his dissatisfaction by walking around the pitch. He’s trying to prove a point. A right footed wide forward being played out of position as a right sided forward, isn’t a thing.

Not that he’s brilliant on the list either but that’s another story
I don't think it's that complex to be honest.

I'm not rating him to these players at all - but players like Robben could only play on one side of the pitch.

Playing him on the opposite side would be a waste of his ability.

What about Beckham? He would be a different player at LM than RM.

There's plenty that played their best game in one position or one side of the pitch.

stw2022

I don't think it's that complex to be honest.

I'm not rating him to these players at all - but players like Robben could only play on one side of the pitch.

Playing him on the opposite side would be a waste of his ability.

What about Beckham? He would be a different player at LM than RM.

There's plenty that played their best game in one position or one side of the pitch.
Beckham is right footed he would be out of position on the left. Even then you’d know Ferguson would still demand a high level of performance and Beckham would deliver it.

Top players cope better with being asked to play in positions more alien to them than the apparently insurmountable obstacle of a right footed wide forward being asked to play as a right sided wide forward. The fact this is a stretch is damning of his use to begin with. You see goalkeepers with genuinely more positional flexibility

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Beckham is right footed he would be out of position on the left. Even then you’d know Ferguson would still demand a high level of performance and Beckham would deliver it.

Top players cope better with being asked to play in positions more alien to them than the apparently insurmountable obstacle of a right footed wide forward being asked to play as a right sided wide forward. The fact this is a stretch is damning of his use to begin with. You see goalkeepers with genuinely more positional flexibility
Does this relate to Robben aswell?

stw2022

Does this relate to Robben aswell?
Yes. Top players, especially attacking players, don’t have just one specific thing they do from one specific position and be totally useless if asked to deviate from that.

Aside from the Rashford issue what use would that be? In the course of normal game management a winger might be asked to sit narrow in the middle, a centre forward maybe asked to go out wide, a central defender might be asked to push up and cover midfield duties.

“I play here and I do this and I’m utterly ineffective doing anything else” isn’t normal for top level players. Pretending it is just because it happens to describe Rashford, isn’t on

shahzy

Having your mentality spelt out like that is laughable isnt it. I do agree. Unfortunately thats the dross mentality that is riddled in this club and enough employees. Unless ofcourse there has been such bad "luck" and that entirely explains why the club is where it is.

Devil’s Trident

Rashford is obviously in bad form. Maybe he will never find his original form again.

However that doesn't give the fans the right to abuse him. And if you are abusing him you better shut up and take it if he responds.

I fully support Rashford.

And it's not like I am biased towards Rashford. For ex I want Maguire sold, i dont think he is good enough but I would never abuse Maguire. And if Maguire did the same I would support him too.
Has caf been overtaken by bots or something ? I feel like I have seen this kind of post so many times from different posters where they repeat the same thing without addressing the issue. Why do they intentionally ignore the concern that’s been raised ? Why do they side step the obvious thing that been talked about and push this agenda of bad form and abuse ? For the millionth time nobody is criticising Rashford because of lack of form it’s due to these reasons.

1)Complete lack of effort
2) Consistently leaking to the press and doing his PR.
3) Also where is the so called Abuse in the video ?

stw2022

Has caf been overtaken by bots or something ? I feel like I have seen this kind of post so many times from different posters where they repeat the same thing without addressing the issue. Why do they intentionally ignore the concern that’s been raised ? Why do they side step the obvious thing that been talked about and push this agenda of bad form and abuse ? For the millionth time nobody is criticising Rashford because of lack of form it’s due to these reasons.

1)Complete lack of effort
2) Consistently leaking to the press and doing his PR.
3) Also where is the so called Abuse in the video ?

I find it bizarre and evidence of how fans really have been complicit in this culture shift from a club that demanded the highest of standards to one where a player can be shit for two years and that’s fine because he must have other things on his mind

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
At the moment he is worth about 80k a week, maybe. Club should offer him that. You can't expect to go through life winning the lottery every week, you need to earn a living. It's ironic that he campaigns for free lunches because that is what he is currently getting.

Note: I do admire him for his free lunch campaign.

stw2022

The worst part about it is despite everything he still doesn’t look like he gives a shit. Why is he incapable of busting a bollock on the pitch?

Why does he still meander around like he isn’t arsed? After all this time and all this criticism. Surely it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. Not playing well, under scrutiny for your work rate…you go out there and make every player look like at statue by compassion wouldn’t you? Why is even that beyond him?

He’s a very arrogant young man who reacts appallingly to anything that isn’t pandering and adulation and I think more people would come to this conclusion if he had a foreign accent.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
The worst part about it is despite everything he still doesn’t look like he gives a shit. Why is he incapable of busting a bollock on the pitch?

Why does he still meander around like he isn’t arsed? After all this time and all this criticism. Surely it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. Not playing well, under scrutiny for your work rate…you go out there and make every player look like at statue by compassion wouldn’t you? Why is even that beyond him?

He’s a very arrogant young man and I think more people would come to this conclusion if he had a foreign accent.
Has the guy done something to you personally? Of your last 15 posts, 14 of them are related to bashing Rashford. Christ, we know the guy has been shite, but it's starting to seem like more than just football to some on here. It's a game that has no impact on us in the grand scheme of things, he's shit but so is just about everything else to do with this club, when you start obsessing over shit, you may want to take a step back.

Status
Not open for further replies.